Why does Best Buy relentlessly try to rip people who play video games off?

Why does Best Buy relentlessly try to rip people who play video games off?

I saw a $145 Logitech G633 in their store today. You can get a quality Sades headset with the same quality of sound as that for $15. I watched one guy who was about to buy one, and had to help him out and tell him he was being scammed and showed him an alternative.

Do people just not bother to look on Ebay or Amazon?

Now he doesn't have expensive hardware to show off. It was his own money. Good job, asshole.

Because people who play video games likely have a lot of money to throw around. Video games are not cheap and if you have a high end PC or a current generation console, you're also the type of person who can at the very least afford to throw some cash down on overpriced headgear.

Show off to who? PC gaming isn't a locally social hobby. Console gaming is.

Because retards shop at Best Buy…I should know, I fucking work at Best Buy.

Not necessarily, here at college people fucking explode when they see my PC. They ask me if I built it and then they explode again when I say yes. Meanwhile everyone here has an XB1 or PS4 and nobody gives a shit. It's all about your situation.

Because it works? What type of question is that.

It's Logitech you should be angry at you stupid cunt, Best Buy just sells the shit.

They also put an absurd markup on anything that isn't media.

You need to tell us about your experiences RIGHT NOW

I only went in there to see if they had any openings. I saw a whole display for drones. I have no clue what an average normalfag would get out of owning one.

do tell user

Headsets are trash, just buy a decent pair of headphones and a cheap mic you fucking mongoloid.

People say this a lot. I've yet to see any headset with worse quality than similarly priced headphone/microphone combos.

I used to do that. It sucks and people always asked me to get closer to them mic. I'd rather have it close to my mouth

Because customers are so willing. I was actually in best buy today because I had time to waste at a mall and literally all of their stuff was windows 10 tablets and beats by dre.

Am I the only faggot with a wireless headset? G930 here, it's fucking god-tier. I regularly talk with some friends fags via voip and it's comfy to not have to interrupt our conversations while I walk around my house.

Monoprice 8323 and a zalman clip on mic totals around $25 and is better or equal to any headset you'd end up buying for somewhere around $100, and they'll last you longer.

Solutions like this and the headset I have make me wonder how they get away with those prices

It takes less than a minute with the skills of a blind monkey to convert any standard mic with stand and headphones into a headset

Stop right there.

How do you not know that all retail chains are a major ripoff? Last time I was in a bestbuy was 2009 & they were selling 12 foot HDMI cords for $120.

Major ripoff to buy anything from them.

The people that buy those kinds of headsets probably buy things like pic related

I tried one of those once. It's like having a lowrider in your ears. They're all bass.

Sorry, got busy actually playing vidya.

Mostly it's just old people, which I don't mind too much, but they can grind my gears. I live in Bufu, Texas and we got internet maybe 10 years ago, so most people don't even know what a computer is. Every 1 in 3 people pronounce Lenovo as "leh-von-oh". We also get a lot of Africans in the store. Not American niggers, but people actually from Africa, and I can't understand their clicks. I've worked there for about a year now, but I recently moved over to GeekSquad which is another headache in itself.

I don't have to shove, "Sign up for this credit card, and buy this $2500 iMac!" anymore, so that's fun. I just jew people with virus removals.

I blame the anime, if not for anime that boy would be alive today.

Lmao, I looked at the thumbnail and unironically thought "what does he mean, it's just a generic 5$ piece of sh-"
then I saw the b

I've actually tried the Sades ones and they're pretty good. Supposedly they're only cheap because some Chinese company is selling em cheap, but they've been really good to me whenever I put them on at my desktop. Pic related is the headset