U.S. widens surveillance to include 'homegrown violent extremists' like Holla Forums anons

U.S. widens surveillance to include 'homegrown violent extremists' like Holla Forums anons
The U.S. government has broadened an interpretation of which citizens can be subject to physical or digital surveillance to include "homegrown violent extremists," according to official documents seen by Reuters.

The change last year to a Department of Defense manual on procedures governing its intelligence activities was made possible by a decades-old presidential executive order, bypassing congressional and court review.

The new manual, released in August 2016, now permits the collection of information about Americans for counterintelligence purposes "when no specific connection to foreign terrorist(s) has been established," according to training slides created last year by the Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI).

The slides were obtained by Human Rights Watch through a Freedom of Information Act request about the use of federal surveillance laws for counter-drug or immigration purposes and shared exclusively with Reuters.

The Air Force and the Department of Defense told Reuters that the documents are authentic.

The slides list the shooting attacks in San Bernardino, California, in December 2015 and Orlando, Florida, in June 2016 as examples that would fall under the "homegrown violent extremist" category. The shooters had declared fealty to Religion of Cuck™ic State shortly before or during the attacks, but investigators found no actual links to the organization that has carried out shootings and bombings of civilians worldwide.

Michael Mahar, the Department of Defense's senior intelligence oversight official, said in an interview that AFOSI and other military counterintelligence agencies are allowed to investigate both active duty and U.S. civilian personnel as long as there is a potential case connected to the military. Investigations of civilians are carried out cooperatively with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Mahar said.

Executive order 12333, signed by former President Ronald Reagan in 1981 and later modified by former President George W. Bush, establishes how U.S. intelligence agencies such as the CIA are allowed to pursue foreign intelligence investigations. The order also allows surveillance of U.S. citizens in certain cases, including for activities defined as counterintelligence.

Under the previous Defense Department manual's definition of counterintelligence activity, which was published in 1982, the U.S. government was required to demonstrate a target was working on behalf of the goals of a foreign power or terrorist group.

It was not clear what practical effect the expanded definition might have on how the U.S. government gathers intelligence. One of the Air Force slides described the updated interpretation as among several "key changes."

yahoo.com/news/exclusive-u-widens-surveillance-homegrown-violent-extremists-documents-111613075.html
archive.is/7aBqm

Other urls found in this thread:

yahoo.com/news/exclusive-u-widens-surveillance-homegrown-violent-extremists-documents-111613075.html
archive.is/7aBqm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The U.S. government has broadened an interpretation of which citizens can be subject to physical or digital surveillance to include "homegrown violent extremists," according to official documents seen by Reuters.

The change last year to a Department of Defense manual on procedures governing its intelligence activities was made possible by a decades-old presidential executive order, bypassing congressional and court review.

The new manual, released in August 2016, now permits the collection of information about Americans for counterintelligence purposes "when no specific connection to foreign terrorist(s) has been established," according to training slides created last year by the Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI).

The slides were obtained by Human Rights Watch through a Freedom of Information Act request about the use of federal surveillance laws for counter-drug or immigration purposes and shared exclusively with Reuters.

The Air Force and the Department of Defense told Reuters that the documents are authentic.

The slides list the shooting attacks in San Bernardino, California, in December 2015 and Orlando, Florida, in June 2016 as examples that would fall under the "homegrown violent extremist" category. The shooters had declared fealty to Religion of Cuck™ic State shortly before or during the attacks, but investigators found no actual links to the organization that has carried out shootings and bombings of civilians worldwide.

Michael Mahar, the Department of Defense's senior intelligence oversight official, said in an interview that AFOSI and other military counterintelligence agencies are allowed to investigate both active duty and U.S. civilian personnel as long as there is a potential case connected to the military. Investigations of civilians are carried out cooperatively with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Mahar said.

Executive order 12333, signed by former President Ronald Reagan in 1981 and later modified by former President George W. Bush, establishes how U.S. intelligence agencies such as the CIA are allowed to pursue foreign intelligence investigations. The order also allows surveillance of U.S. citizens in certain cases, including for activities defined as counterintelligence.

Under the previous Defense Department manual's definition of counterintelligence activity, which was published in 1982, the U.S. government was required to demonstrate a target was working on behalf of the goals of a foreign power or terrorist group.

It was not clear what practical effect the expanded definition might have on how the U.S. government gathers intelligence. One of the Air Force slides described the updated interpretation as among several "key changes."

archive.is/7aBqm

reread the article again and then kill yourself for misleading.

Unless the White House actually has this to actually verify then fuck off with your shit sources.

Am I expected to believe an FBI and a DHS analysts paid to observe this faggot Jew board all day long? I think not.

Kill yourself, alphabet-kun. First, Holla Forums is a nonviolent Malaysian carrier pigeon service of peace and love. Your failed attempts to turn us into the next Dylan Roof are as hilarious as they are incompetent.

Second, the FBI has been quite open recently that they’re investigating both Antifa and BLM as violent extremists, even going as far as to coin a new term, ‘Black Identity Extremists.’

This is nothing but fantastic news for Holla Forumsacks.

Why did sessions cuck out over the IRS & the Tea party? He should had been recalled/fired there and then.

They'll kill us all before they'd ever allow us to take back our country

OR

Like antifa and whoever it was that radicalized La David Johnson

Ya know what.. I see what angle these faggot shills are goin with. They want us to bicker over this. They want this to be a back and forth instead of just being a forth. Well lads, I say we got forth and start cranking out OC aimed at the niggers. Let us make them believe that the trump administration has declared war on blm.

Nobody radicalized La David Johnson. He's just a nigger who wasn't getting his way and did what niggers do. The real blame lies on cucks like you who insist on having these niggers around us so you can "manage" them and pretend you have an empire.

gas yourself

Nigger crime rates and domestic subversion are virtually unchanged since the fucking slave days. Nothing they are doing is unique or new. You just want some flashpoint you can whine about in order to abstract the problem onto "CNN" or "Obama" or "the demoncraps". If every little nigger was waving a yellow ribbon and taking a lease out on a new F150, you'd be guiding that "godly based black man" into your daughter's womb yourself.

This is what happens when 40 million in shill shekels just is not enough.

We have no desire to commit terrorism or acts of violence as long as the system allows for us to make progress within its bounds legally. No point to do that at all, as our desire is to simply seize the public square and speak the truth until enough wake that out movement taking power just happens. Then we use the state to enact our agenda, which has the backing of the electorate.

Lashing out with nigger-like violence? Why?

Current demographics make a non-violent solution impossible.

For the love of Christ, you autistic fuckers.

We all know that chan shilling duty basically amounts to a punishment assignment so you faggots just mindlessly go through the provided script but have you ever sat back and thought about just what it is your superiors are having you do?

That's not what you're advocating at all. You're pushing the meme that these niggers are being ginned up by something/someone and removing that influence means everything can go back to the way it was [in your imagination]. You're filtered, by the way.

I hope one day we are able to find out just how much money was spent to oppose us. It would bring me such pride to be able to say that from the time of my very first dig thread, way back when, up to the day of the rope, that my actions presented $x million worth of a threat to them.

one man, one vote

go fuck yourself

no im not you stupid nigger. I said make some oc saying that the government has declared war on them. The language that people have come to expect the government to use is 'this guy was radicalized' so it would make it more believable to go with that. Stop being such a fucking faggot.

We have no desire to commit terrorism or acts of violence as long as the conditions remain unmet to be able to guarantee that whoever takes the first step is followed by a legion of others taking the first step.

DOTR is not a joke. But, it can only happen when enough people are ready for it to happen.

We are a board of peace. Feds won't find anyone here but themselves promoting "extremism".

I was told you were a 'smart' user.

Are you lost, nigger?

Annnnnd filtered.

one white land owning man, one vote.

how can you shill if you are filtering everyone?

have to define land owning or you leave open the possibility of some shithead selling 1 square foot tracts of land

Holla Forums dindu nuffin. He is a gud boi who wuz gunna go back tuh cawlege and wuz jus trying to raze hiz keeeiiiids.

one section, one vote

Holla Forums is a board of peace.

its all fiat so does it matter

Keep fighting the good fight

Then you're fucked. There is no violent solution to this problem, never has been.

I'm pretty sure we've been on a list for a long time user. You should learn to take precautions though. I don't like it, but it's not wise to think yourself as being away from prying eyes.

Reminds me of a post someone made months ago saying Holla Forums users were being logged and go on a list and in a year will be arrested for domestic terrorism.

That's tomorrow.

Wow about fucking time. I'm getting sick of waiting. Been waiting for the door to get kicked in for 3 years now.

:^)

That was Obama just a few years ago on the provision that allowed anyone to be put in prison, for no reason, with no evidence, indefinitely. Bush made a whole lot of these insane executive orders allowing a total dictatorship, government control of all the media and industry and forced work brigades and of course all that fema camp stuff. This one is probably from the 80s, I would guess.

You mean like Antifa.

I remember when that meme was made here.

Big whoop.

Clearly you need to look up the meaning of autism you cucked faggot.

Anyone here ever think the language has been evolving to also include eventually people like us whom have yet to make any move that is our own force; whether lethal or not.

It gets the rats running so yes of course it does. We'll just use PPP to convert it to silver oz.

If you're still afraid of a little personal pain, at the alternate cost of the life of all your people, then you have yet to face reality. I'm already in pain every day, do you think I fear anymore?

I think you misinterpreted what I am saying; I don't care about how tough you are, or if you are fearful. So I am not sure what made you feel the need to front and assume I am something that I know I am not.

I'm just stating what I know and what I think others know here as well. That soft targets who speak vocally but do not act are on their radar.