As much as I love this game, when it first came out when I was in middle school and my older bro and I were playing it...

As much as I love this game, when it first came out when I was in middle school and my older bro and I were playing it, I always felt like there was something "off" that made me worry about the future of the RE franchise. But everyone was so busy praising the damn thing that I sort of put all that aside. Did anyone else feel the same way? Like, enjoying it for what it was but also in the back of your mind going "I really hope this doesn't become the new standard formula for RE"?

Other urls found in this thread:

re4hd.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I was in uni when I first played it and while I enjoyed it, I was hoping it would be a one off and RE5 would be more like REmake.
Then the normalfags got to it and it became the new standard.
If there was ever any proof required that normalfags are a cancer to this industry, then RE4 and onward is that proof.

I played it when it came out and loved it because it was fun. I liked the upgrade system, I liked the new tank controls, I liked how it was typical resident evil levels of ridiculousness but still was actually challenging in parts and occasionally scary. I also liked the length of it and how it rewarded you exploring and looking around the environment to find treasures too.

I still remember feeling my heart race in the first big fight in the village when you initially meet the chainsaw guy. It ruined the series but it's still one of my favourite games to this day.

Now that I look back on it, I also feel like Shinji Mikami and the others took a page or two too many from the Hideo Kojima book of video game design.

This is not a gameplay thing, but take Ada's character for example. Leon becoming a American action hero who is less naive and more rough around the edges after going through Raccoon City and being hired by the US government makes sense. But in Ada's case, she goes from being a spy/whore for Umbrella who while headstrong is still vulnerable emotionally and physically to suddenly being some Chinese ninja femme fatale super bitch. And then you have Krauser talkin' about "DO YOU REALLY THINK CONSERVATIVE MIND HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO BRING ORDER AND BALANCE, LEON!" like a Metal Gear Solid villain.

The game definitely could make my heart race and the upgrade system plus the perspective change didn't really bother me too much. What I didn't like though was that game felt a little too much like it was on rails compared to previous installments.

Game falls apart somewhere in the middle of castle section and goes completely shit in the tanker section.

Kill yourself.

Did you suck his dick though

I like the older games, and I like RE4 even though at first I was apprehensive about the changes, but RE5 and 6 are such fucking garbage that it's hard to defend its existence among the series.

Didnt play any RE but I watched gameplay videos.
RE4 definitely seemed to be more of an action shooter rpg than a scary monster survival horror game.

To be fair though, looking back at the older games (1-3) they were more funny than scary. 1 especially was like it was taken out of a z tier horror movie.
At the time though they were quite scary, most likely due to a combination of being young(er) and there being no other games quite like them.

RE was always shlock but what changed hard was 3rd person games.

RE came to the worse with more action over wannabe zombie horror shlock but I'm kinda interested in 7 only because it might be a fun spin on the Texas chainsaw/ hillbilly family horror shlock.

Dunno but 5 was not super bad compared to 6 or outbreak spin off, but the hype for 5 was as high as halo 3 at the time. If one remembers the early teasers and interesting interviews with the devs plus the first gaymeplay was a dsp woooow.

Was ok. I like co-op games, but I don't like how it changed the pacing of that gameplay. Plus co-op horror games are always a retarded idea.

Because you know which direction they are going with the next games in the franchise, its like ninja gaiden 2. It was a good game but you could already see it would be the last good game before they ruin everything

Reminder that this team of 2 dudes are fixing up the "HD" texture port and making them actually look good
The best part is that consolefags can't get this fix, it's pc exclusive
re4hd.com/

Truly the goodest of goyim
That aside, I recently saw some retard on the niche gamer comments section trying to say that resident evils 1-3 are not real RE games because RE4 has more of the franchise based on it.

I always felt like it was a natural evolution to the franchise as long as they kept the theme of survival in the game and the somewhat B-movie campiness and connection with the older games. But think somewhere along with the multitudes of RE games, they fucked up with the planning after RE4 came out, and RE5 is good couch co-op game, but shit as a stand alone RE title because everything went to shit and Capcom started its long path of being a turd-rate company.

You do know that the original ps2 port already had a hd textures mod? There was no reason at all to get the remaster to begin with

Impressive.

The Metal Gear codec calls within the first few minutes of the game tipped me off they were going to shit the bed hard.

I think that's a fan project.