ITT: GAME FEATURES THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN USED BEFORE BUT THEY SHOULD

Other urls found in this thread:

static1.e621.net/data/06/4a/064a700fb46b3803900c695f16e31b62.webm
e621.net/post/show/851811/2016-animal_genitalia-animal_penis-animated-anthro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What happened if you get hit by a fire attack/spell while holding horribly burnt toast in your mouth? Do you fail to get to school on time?

Fun.

Cursed Dragons in Dragons Dogma have putrid breath that rots all of the food in your inventory and Project Gorgon has as Psychology skill that lets you debuff people with insults and psychology.

I'll give you a reason why, shit for brains, it's because when the fuck would you have toast in your mouth while in the middle of combat? The last one seems pretty cool, but it has been done in games before.

Stop being a faggot.

Also I want a stealth game where if you sneak up on an unaware guard you can steal their gun right out of its holster and shoot them with it.

MGSV

Mort from Planescape Torment does exactly this, right down to learning new insults.

No it's too burned to get any more burned

Close enough for the second

I'll be honest, between that GAME TIPS MANUAL thing on Twitter shut up and the fact you can hold both toast and burned toast in your mouth in Fairy Fencer F as an accessory, I just had this idea like 2 minutes before posting and I wasn't thinking any of this through

I can't even justify my mistake. Thank you fellow cowgirl lover

That's almost every fucking stealth game.

This would be a great asset on the new x-coms, where your characters get more hardened or break through the sheer pressure of the whole war.
Never saw a game that does something like this that's not scripted.

Why the fuck would you have bread in your mouth while somebody's casting fireballs at you?

I want a stealth game where you can tie someone's shoe laces without them realizing.

why even live?

/clang/ go away

Dwarf Fortress?

They are designed to make that really hard.

I kek'd

I want to see a stealth game where you use other sounds to mask yours, so far only betrayer does this with wind blowing.

I want a stealth game where guards don't immediately know it was you and your position just for firing your gun. Especially when they are shooting birds for fun as an idle animation.
I'm looking at you MGSV

To bad that game sucked ass

Not exactly how i wanted, but it does have the psychological burden in it.

I want something more apparent than what we have in dwarf fortress, like characters taking parts of the lost one style (even fighting style or class) and adding to it's own character or becoming shut-in and not getting close to other characters or even just breaking into something akin to Lisa from PSO2.
Games are too hung up in graphics to explore things like that, let's hope at least Toady makes the psychological layer of dwarf fortress as deep as the other mechanics the game has.

sniper elite also does this, you can use the sound of artillery and machinery running to mask the sound of your own shots.

MGSV does this, they freak out and head towards the sound. Its a useful tactic to lure them away from key positions.

Also fallout 4 lets you throw things in survival mode to attract enemies to the spot

Too bad that game is shovelware hot garbo.

post uncropped version please

Kingdom of Loathing also has Insult Beer Pong, which you can only win by learning insults from pirates.

It's not difficult to tell in which direction and approximately how far off a gunshot was. Unless you're standing someplace where they should have friendlies, soldiers are going to realize near immediately that gunshot wasn't one of them.

static1.e621.net/data/06/4a/064a700fb46b3803900c695f16e31b62.webm

thank you

I'm pretty sure that since they came up with the idea, if someone else tried to just copy it outright and put it in their game they could sue.

>the game is fun
really wish someone would use that feature already

They did Skullhead a favor when they kicked him out.

Also what game

sauce for the love of fucking god

He did the format wrong so I assumed he misunderstood.

Literally played myself

how does it feel to be retarded

its ok

wow

cry nigga

Please pretend was 10 seconds

that's all I got, I don't know if it was ever finished

e621.net/post/show/851811/2016-animal_genitalia-animal_penis-animated-anthro
yw lads

It probably exists but i haven't seen it

I know you can play catch with guys in guacamelee but i don't remember any unique finishers

SOON TO APPEAR IN A RUBBISH TIP, COURTESY YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD REFUGEES.

She needs to go back

Good gameplay. That'd be revolutionary

Even jewbisoft games let you do that

the sad part is that she actually thought firing all of the rounds IN A STORE would be a good/viable idea. She's liable to cause the firefight she fears so much.

Wow fired all the rounds
all the rounds wow
wow

That's some serious projection. Sounds like she could use some cultural enrichment

I know, but the Simpsons user pisses me off more than that stupid lady.

See, this is why I got a twist lock holster for my CZ. So that I have time to elbow deranged liberals in the face before they take my sidearm.

oh,
why?

How did I disgruntle you fellow user?

I'm considering going the eldest son route, and making a hi-ex cartridge for each of my guns.

This has been used somewhat. Final Fantasy Tactics has done this with the mediator class. You can talk and inflict debuffs.

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM

I don't know, but somebody must have taken captures of a bunch of simpson episodes and always keeps posting those same images of homer vomiting and in the middle of changing facial expressions, it pisses me off so much because someone posts a simpson image EVERY DAY on Holla Forums. It's like when someone makes a Deusex thread, somebody has to re-install it again.

People are just using common reaction images, dude.

Like this?
I don't even have that many Simpson pictures

No replies?
Well it made me laugh

Here's another common reaction image.

Are you trying to rustle me on purpose? You prick.

Ok, I'm going to post second pic every day just to trigger the fuck out of you, so that you understand my point.

This thread has all sorts of potential.

do it then faggot

oooh hoho! Watch out folks!

The debuff thing is an earthbound staple, though it's just mobs that do the insulting. Go to some weird S&M club if you want to pay people to insult you.

On that note, I remember lots of food-rotting effects in the earlier stonesoup builds. Also firebombing meat in one way heroics to cook it. My guess is food destruction is in every roguelike ever.

Fact is if you think it would be cool, it's likely already been done. It's just in a game you're too stupid to play.

are rage comics making a comeback?

Indeed.

You think old memes have potential?

Could be a good mechanic.

In this game you imagined, do you play as a Japanese school girl that's late for school?

I liked quiet a few of them. The fact that some of the staples of that era are still around with us says a lot.

I'm not sure what your issue is. Lots of people on this board have Simpsons reaction images. Enough that you could see the same one posted each day for a month and it would rarely be by the same person. I often see reaction images from a set of them revolving around one Touhou character, but I don't get annoyed by it.

I don't think you're talking about what I'm talking about.

You know what.
A useful feature that's almost never used in any game is being able to paint your own clothes or armor so you can put Simpson faces on them. Or even better, furries.

I'll start posting these daily from now on.

Is it the Simpsons itself that you don't like? Because old Simpsons is generally well liked on this board.

I hope you're not underestimating the problem.

I mean if we dredged up our legacy memes and made them popular again, those faggots would lack the awareness to see that they leeched them from us in the first place, then complain about their heritage being compromised

Tldr: a petty salt mine

but think of the lolcows we could find. someone would have to be pretty autistic to care that much

I waited like two minutes mashing update to wait for a reply so I can respond to it in 2 seconds with "keep crying faggot," until I gave up and switched to another tab, and now I see my thread became this

what the fuck

Nah it'd be just an item that can be consumed or be worn as a silly face accessory. The toast would be an even better food item, burned toast would be used as some crafting ingredient to boost fire attack/defense/whatever greatly, sort of like Rune Factory 4's forging system.

What happened to the old memes guys? When I started on 4chan Holla Forums, they were hot shit. Now look at them! I cringe every time I see them!

keep crying faggot

Le 9gag symphony xd

I know! It's fucking disgusting!

the first image is still used, though

But it's called Me Gusta

Or maybe there is one?

Smugness tends to transcend the degeneracy of normalfags.

just look at anime

Speaking of deus ex I'm playing through GMDX (give me deus ex) and I'm really impressed by how it keeps the game intact and polishes it.

I've been through the game quite a few times over the years, but it feels good to play something so well done all over again.

And lest we forget? JC DENTON (jesus christ denton). He merged with helios for our sins.

Mediator from FFT does this.

As part of this one game idea I had, I came up with a hacking system that involved no minigames or "press/hold X to hack" or anything like that. Instead, it was physical hacking based on arcade motherboards and dip switches.

In essence, when you hack into a machine you pry off the cover and flip physical switches on the board to get new results. Different switch combinations determine the machine's properties - for instance, your regular arcade cabinet has different switch codes to determine how many coins you need to play, or how difficult the game is, or even changing visual effects. But the game doesn't immediately tell you what combination does what, so your choices are either to find information on the machine and its switch settings, or to flip random switches and hope you get lucky.

The true concept of hacking is so far beyond the ken of your typical fuck that is tantamount to magic. Hell, technology itself is seen as magic, and hacking may as well make one a technomancer. The Matrix and Ghost in the Shell have further muddied the waters, so people think hacking is summoning electronic devils and ice daemons to neutralize the server's great wall of fire.

While you probably aren't wrong about people knowing fuck all about hacking, have you also considered that if hacking wasn't some minigame it would be boring as fuck? Though the idea of physical hacking things sounds cool. Isn't there a word for that? it's on the tip of my tongue like modding but not quite.

Why would I look for the right combination when I can have fun?

thats in SS13 ya floofy doofus

Shit's a great little mechanic.

One of the first thing I'd do as engineer at the start of every round was nigger-hack some random maintenance door so I knew which wires did what.

if you wanted more Simpson reaction pic you just needed to ask

Ay yo fam you got more?

Every character is controlled by a different person and is shown the background waiting for their turn to fight and instead of a new screen, they;re shown jumping in moving the team mate before their turn

KoF1998 started something like that but it was never done more

She says she could do it, so any other crazy person could do it. She's still retarded, but at least try to understand the point she's making.

I want to be paid to insult people in an MMO

A crazy person might be inclined to stick their hand in a blender, so we should ban assault blenders.

Anyone could grab almost any object and use it to cause mass harm.
The point she's making is the most obvious one you can make and explained it in the most retarded way.

Ban Assault teaspoons
Ban Assault Disks (snap and there's 2 sharp stabbing tools)
Ban Assault forks
Ban Assault Watermelons
Ban Assault Bricks
Ban Assault Gardening
Ban Assault Spray cans
Ban Assault lighters
Ban Assault coffee (heck Venti or massimo you find at most shitter coffee shops is enough when poured on someone to cause major burns across half their body)

Has that actually ever happened before tho?

Anyway, she wouldn't grab shit, the moment she tries to reach for the gun she is doing a murder attempt at a cop, the fucker would have her on the ground in no time and probably shoot her (and go about scold free and justly so).

Only in movies.

Well there was that English faggot who wanted to assassinate Trump.

Why haven't you cured her with dick, user?

holding bread in your mouth, it becomes toast
i got lit on fire in one way heroics, it ended up cooking my raw meat, burning some of my healing herbs and detonating a bomb i was holding.

wow sky is retarded. how do i not lose to this broad more often? if you have even a moderate understanding of positioning and who needs to die you will create such ungodly havoc and the ult is the easiest shit in the game with an enormous blast radius and no wind up time unlike every other offensive ult.

No idea why this bitch thinks she would be able to disarm that cop. I guess the point she is trying to make is that she is weak and would be able to do it and there are a lot of people out there who are stronger than her.

ops

Bumping in case you had anymore
and neat game ideas but we can have both

wut u say?

How else do you carry bread?

There's reduction, and then there's nullification.

in games that use certain dnd rules armor value is calculated towards the enemys chance to hit. it sounds silly and looks silly when animated but essentially its their blows bouncing off your armor.

What is this crap?

You seem mad…

I agree, Mokouposting is clearly the superior choice for reaction images.

this thread went places

Mokou is life. Mokou is love.

loli fire mario

In Ultima 6 you can throw used diapers at enemies, who will run away in disgust. It's not your own shit though, closest thing to that is Postal 2's pissing.

so youre just carrying around other peoples dirty diapers? i sure hope they were microwaved first

The Avatar can grab random babies' diapers and carry them around all day, that's on of the advantages of being the Avatar.

I ain't even mad, like the Simpsons aren't even cool anymore, dawg, like you're capping that shit for nothing.

It says it was the previous owners but I am sure you start using your own once you run out

awsome. what other trash can you confiscate?

I think there was generic "garbage", not much more than that besides dead bodies and other game-relevant items.

You mean this one?

Manhattan? So is this dude a cop then? Because sadly you can't just open carry like that in NYC.

I hope this retard blows his hand off, jesus christ.