Dark Souls General - "That's totally Sif, you guys!" Edition

New footage of the first DLC. Allegedly, it will add:
- 4 new spells
- 4 new armor sets
- 15 new weapons
- 2 bosses (both likely to be a 2-in-1 affair like the Nameless King)
Hopefully it will deliver on quality because the quantity is severely lacking.

Looks like the first might use a PvP gimmick similar to the Looking Glass Knight and the second looks to be two fights in row (you-know-who is already sperging that the bosses are Sif and Allfather Lloyd ).

You think this DLC will significantly improve the game like all the others did?
Will it also follow the tradition of everything having absurdly high resistance to all types of magic and make those builds even shittier?
What are you hoping to see/learn more of now that our trip to Londor got canceled?

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2016/09/software-working-three-new-games-one-new-armored-core
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

people are still playing this trash? embarrassing

Still no poise I guess

Will it add poise? If not then who cares.

How well does Dark Souls 3 run?

It belongs in the trash.

THEY SHOWED TOO MUCH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Now this is autism

Demons Souls
8/10
Dark Souls
7/10
Dark Souls 2
6/10
Bloodborne
8/10
Dark Souls 3
6/10

You know it's true.

>>>/out/

Demons souls 2/10
dark souls 3/10
Dark souls 2 9/10
Dark souls 3 2.75/10

see I can give scores too.you have to tell us how your rating system goes before you use it for all I know a 8/10 could mean it's a masterpiece since I can't think of any other game that would get a 10/10 in your scale.

Shitskins >>>/out/

Two words: World Tendency. Get fucked.
Weapons are all the same
Only one way to play the game
Constantly teleporting around because fuck coherent worlds
Only one upgrade path to every weapon
Monster closets, millions of them
Even the enemies mostly feel the same to fight because of the playstyle and same weapons

You belong in the trash

This wolf being a reincarnation of Sif has as much validity as Siegward being a reincarnation of Siegmeyer.

It literally ruined the game. consider suicide.

Dark Souls is still the best though

I want this meme to end

How about

Demons Souls
9/10
Dark Souls
9/10
Dark Souls 2
8/10
Bloodborne
10/10
Dark Souls 3
8.5/10

And you listen to better music than… The black Sonny and Cher.

Only hipsters put DaS1 under DeS.

What meme? Dark Souls is the most well executed of any of them. There is no game that does better.

See

The hipsters are the one who came late and like Dark Souls the most.

is bloodborne really that good. also I think dark souls 3 is more than a half point better than ds2

I started with DeS and DaS1 was the best, although I didn't play Bloodborne.

Until it stops being exclusive?
Yes

darksouls 3 is just bloodbornes gameplay applied in a broken way to the wrong game. bloodborne is good, but it's a different ball game to souls.

it's why i don't like the term soulsborne.

Bloodborne is ok. The only good weapon in the base game is the hunter axe and all of the bosses are easy excluding Paarl because his fight completely fucks the camera. Other than that it's pretty good.

Do DaS1fags seriously believe this? Saying it was half-finished is generous considering how sloppily it was slapped together, and the rotten ideas in the core of the game are why DaS2 was so awful.

You really want to derail the thread by baiting the sour grapes squad? Years later the wounds are still fresh

You fucking WHAT, dude.

Orphan, Ludwig and Defiled Chalice isn't fucking hard?

Thanks for proving me right.

To be fair, I didn't buy the DLC because the base game didn't do it for me.

You missed out on some nice bosses, weapons and themes.

Holy shit you greentexted a strawman, I think I need to go lie down until I recover. At least you proved you're not just a meme lord.

DLC's better than the base game, maybe not worth the extra $20 or however much it is if you were on the fence about the game.

Isn't there that one lady that shows up for a Lady Maria-esque duel type fight?

you have to go back

Did you even play the fucking game? The is much more variety between the weapons than in any of the other games
why? because there's only one roll speed?
You're doing that in Demon's Souls as well, retard
it has blood gems though that are essentially the same as the upgrade paths, they are fairly shitty though because you have to go through all of the chalice dungeons which are even less fun than farming the upgrade materials in Demon's
it didn't have a lot more ambushes than Demon's Souls
it has about the same enemy variety as Demon's Souls and far better boss fights
still not true

also
that fucking shit was way too powerful in Dark Souls, it's good that they got rid of it

You mean the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst? or Eileen?

I think he's talking about a fight in Ashes of Ariandel

ayy lmao

Don't respond to a bad shitposter

In the trailer you have a person that shows up pulls out a scythe and engages the player.

It looks a hell of a lot more involved than the regular vanilla npc fights in the game, are you telling me that isn't a boss?

It's pretty reminiscent of the hunter boss fights in Bloodborne.

Oh! My bad then.

I'm sure it's supposed to be not-Priscilla, the only hunter that uses a scythe is Gehrman anyway

Well yeah but wouldn't that up the boss fight counter to 3 in the dlc though?

You've got not-Sif, Featherman, and not-Priscilla right? Frankly I'm dissapointed that this DLC isn't about Londor or the dank ass Deep Sea, what the fuck From, enough nostalgia bait, also you know that cut Artorias related content is going to show up in a future DLC too

The attacks reminded me more of Logarius, the small quick scythe swipes seemed more like his.

He says as every weapon is the same ad only has one upgrade path.
Yes technically I guess since "rolling" is the only way to play the game. Good luck playing without rolling or trying to do anything but melee+gun
AND IT SUCKED THERE TOO
Yes it fucking does and Demons Souls isn't the gold standard anyway so why are you even mentioning that.
You just can't stop shitting on Demon's Souls even though nobody cares about it.
There are like 4 fights that are the same with one gimmick separating them. Blood Starved(poison), Darbeast(lightning), Vicar(healing), Cleric(arm) and Gascoigne(transforms into boss similar to the rest).

Oh wait that's 5.
fuck off retard

fucking rekt

Maybe it's not a boss fight and just an NPC encounter, what's making you think it's a boss fight? The small clip I saw just looked mostly like the DaS3 scythe moveset.

They called it Dark Souls 3 because that's how many original ideas they had

Right, but Logarius has other stuff going on too, like dual-wielding the sword, or the Vergil sword storm attack

And those fucking exploding skulls, I always lost sight of those.

I don't know, the visual effects on her attacks, her size relative to the player.

I'm just getting serious Maria vibes off of it.

Seriously though why build up all of this sick ass shit with Londor and the Deep and just leave me hanging. Painted world is nice sure but god damn the lorefag in me wants some of that sick ass deep sea to make an appearance.

Hell I'll even take some more profaned capital related stuff. Anything really. Though I guess that's just due to how short the game feels and how much they didn't explore the new stuff added to the game.

Respectfully disagree.
Tricked Blade of Mercy can stunlock enemies, has a spammable combo with little stamina cost and a damage bonus to the dodge attack (which in turn does more damage to Kin because it's Thrust).
Tricked Cane is by far the best whip weapon in the series; it can viably control crowds, cheese enemies through walls and hit large bosses in the head (like Ebrietas).
Tricked Wheel's dodge attack has perfect tracking and a lingering hitbox plus a a form switch attack that costs no stamina, making it a serious threat in both PvE and PvP.
Ludwig's Holy Blade has two versatile forms along with good scaling in Strength, Skill and Arcane (it was the token scrub weapon for quite a while).
The Stake Driver doesn't seem like much but it can stunlock most enemies, has little stamina cost and the non-primed move set of horizontal swings is fast enough to keep pressuring enemies or prevent them from getting close.
The Chikage is simply brutal with the appropriate build.
On a more specialized note, a Fire Saw Cleaver in the hands of a Arcane build will cream almost every Beast type.
Burial Blade isn't all that special but I dare say it's the most fun reaper weapon in the series.

And then the DLC just ups the ante with shit like the Pizza Cutter, Kos Parasite, Rakuyo, Bloodletter and the best freakin' Moonlight Sword in the series but you did say "base game".
IMHO there's no weapon in BB that is unviable. At least not PvEwise.

The one with the scythe and frost magic? Looks like she's the "mistress of the Painted World" mentioned in the Corvian drops.
It kinda looks like you fight her and then the flailing dude with the Lordvessel immediately after. It's gonna be a ragefest if you have to beat both in a row like the Stormdrake followed by the Nameless King.

I wanted to go to Londor as the Lord of Hollows and have all the enemies de-aggro because "bow down to your king, you shits!"
Most Aldrich stuff was disappointing. Fight had so much promise with the idea of a grotesque shapeshifter or at least something as fucking hideous as The One Reborn and all we got was a ladyboy dragging his prolapsed asshole across the room.

My first playthrough I had to leave Logarius to the end. Did he fuck me up good in my first run…

but weapons aren't all the same though, and each weapon gets three infusion slots.

you also seem to be complaining about melee+gun, yet the game has some of the least boring magic of any fromsoft game. Furthermore what fromsoft game allows you to make a viable character that isn't just a ranged or melee attacker?

Take your subjective opinion and fuck off.

look at your own fucking post

I won't even write anything about the rest of your stupid post, holy hell you're such a retard fucking kill yourself

I should have known better but his shitty post triggered my autism so hard I couldn't help but reply

i will fuck off if you can point out exactly where i said that you over-angry salt merchant.

Learn to properly refer to an earlier post As you can see Dark > Demons. Or maybe you're "such a retard fucking kill yourself".
Again fucking rekt

I'm disappointed that you don't get to see "Saint of the Deep" Aldrich but you have to admit that a malformed abomination controlling the corpse of a god through his anus was pretty damn absurd.

At least that stuff was finished, unlike the Profaned Capital.

See this post

Last run was with Simon's Bowblade and prior to that I wouldn't have assumed that ranged build were even viable, but that and the Repeating Pistol or Evelyn are pretty formidable, especially with all of the sniper spots they put in the game.

I'd mock you for not even making an effort if people weren't still taking the bait

nowhere in that post did i say
"game caters to a specific playstyle that I like AND ONLY THAT PLAYSTYLE therefore the game is objectively good"

try again fag.

Sure now with the patches and the dlc in, but before it was just using the Tonitrus essentially. I mean now with the Moonlight Sword you get a sick ass Moonbeam shooting magic swordsman who can summon bits of old ones and meteors to fuck dudes up but before arcane was pretty lackluster. And A Call Beyond is still garbage.

Looks like it does to me. Maybe you should make a better post then.

Still salty as fuck.

I've never played Bloodborne, but I really want to, but I don't have a PS4.
Is it worth throwing away 400 dollars for one?

Mostly seemed like an attempt to cram some King's Field IV references in there

If $400 means a lot to you then no, wait for a few more games to come out. Sometime soon. Any day now.

i have never played a game worth 400.

Absolutely god damn not. The Slim will come out by the end of the year for $300, so there's no point in throwing your money away now.

Bloodborne is a very good game, you have to decide for yourself. Also factor in that you have to pay PS+ for multiplayer, but do get two free games every month. 95% of games for the PS4 are shit, but there are some exceptions and maybe if you're a poorfag it's the easier way to play things like GTAV since your PC can't run it.

The area just felt way too short. Like you don't have to do any exploration to actually reach Yhorm.

I just wish that we got to see more of the place, and that it actually kited you around especially since Yhorm is just a lame puzzle boss, like at least make me have to find the Storm Ruler somewhere in the level that isn't the boss room that just feels lazy. Does that thing even fuck up regular giants like it's supposed to in game?

Nope. It's the gimmick weapon from Demon's Souls but worse.

Here's a bigger question, why the fuck is a Demon's Souls weapon in Dark Souls 3, besides fanservice? It's not even coherent fanservice, because anyone who played Demon's Souls understands why you need the Storm Ruler to attack the Storm King if you're playing a melee build. There's no solid reason that the fight with Yhorm shouldn't be the same as the fight with Tower Knight, or the Iron Golem, or the Last Giant, or any other fight where you just slash at a big guy's heels.

Are there regular giants in the game? I can't remember.

there's some giants after sully's fight

regular giants shoot arows at the white trees, and are present in the cathedral, snowtown, and one in the dungeon.

so was 3 good or not?

ehhhh it's k

Ah right, the friendly one

Not

There are like 2 or 3 in the Cathedral of the Deep too.

Why the fuck are there giants in the Cathedral of the Deep again?

It's more or the same, From had a lot of chances to improve a lot things and decided not to. Weapon arts should be more fun to use than they are, but oh well.

Take that as you will

If you don't care about pvp, it's good for a pirate and nothing else.

Im indifferent towards it. It's way better than 2 but it doesn't recapture the magic. The first run was fun but i stopped playing after that.

I guess i'll just wait for bloodborn on pc

It's better than 2, but it's not nearly as good as DaS and DeS. I've still put 200 hours into 3 because I probably have Stockholm Syndrome or something despite not having finished 2 or even bought the dlc/updated rerelease for it.

never ever

You ask that question like you want a ready-made opinion that you can throw around in conversation without having to do the leg work of coming to your own conclusions.

Watch the gameplay footage, pirate it to give it a try if you must. I consider it to be a decent title. There are many problems with the game, just like every other game, and anons have likely already covered them extensively. No poise, unbalanced PvP, linear maps that don't offer shortcuts into other areas of the game and that loop back into themselves, shitty magic, and lacking NPC dialogue just sour the experience. However, it's not all bad, the enemies and bosses are fun to fight, the environments looks pretty good, the music is passable, and the final boss is probably one of the more memorable fights the series has on offer.

It's decent. A mix of bad and good.

I'm curious, why? I know DaS2 is the punching bag of the series but I don't know if I'd say that 3 was significantly better than it. I didn't give up on DaS2 until halfway through my third playthrough, I gave up on DaS3 halfway through my second

Never say never, but I wouldn't hold your breath

My main issue is that the animations feel really off. I can't really explain it, but it just feels like there's more of a delay of when you do anything than there should be. There's the whole issue with Soul Memory and extremely forgettable bosses (even though I only got to Ruin Sentinels I can't name you any of the bosses prior), the insane tracking issues the enemies have, and the shockwaves.

I also did play 2 more than 3, but only because i was already saturated with the series at that point.

2 is just fundamentally shit. Level design, enemy placement, everything is bad, almost chinese-knockoff-tier bad. Crowds of enemies that you have no choice but to cheese, bonfires every 10 steps, le prepare to die difficult parts like the Royal Rat Authority fight, the world literally overlapping in large parts and being physically impossible, absolutely no connection or transition between areas, not one shortcut in the entire base game i can remember, a game that looks worse than 1 even though the engine has more bells and whistles, the list goes on. 2 is just very very bad. 3 is good, but not good enough. Still the difference between 1 and 3 is way smaller than the differences between 2 and 3.

BB is never coming to PC

It should be a Demon's Souls/Bloodborne double pack

My nigger. But it'd put DaS2 as a solid 7.

I know that Matt made a big deal out of it in his video, but I'm really not convinced that's an issue unique to DaS2. The tracking on the skeletons in 4-1 in DeS was just as bad, same goes for a lot of enemies with overhead attacks in DaS1, and we've all seen the webms of the shockwaves in DaS1. Things like the Asylum's Demon's buttslam attack or the Taurus Demon's downward stab still have damage frames a full three seconds after the animation is completed.

Speaking of which, I used my free PS+ trial when I saw that Lords of the Fallen was one of the free games this month, and holy shit does that game have the slowest god damn dodge roll in all of gaming, it takes like six seconds to perform.

Eileen is like fifty years old dude, she is not that cute

Since those chunks you fight seem to be a part of him, they could have made something like that where he's everywhere in the room, ceiling, pillars, walls, floor and you have to constantly be on your toes as all sorts of things form to attack and one could be Gwyndolin but not this "nigga doesn't look even half-digested" form; a shape from the sludge that pulls out a bow and there's something about it that looks familiar, like you've seen that crown shape somewhere. Subtlety, basically. Something 3 throws off the window when the DaS nostalgia pandering starts.

Bloodtinge build with Bone Ashed Evelyn plows through so much stuff, it's not even funny.
And then the DLC adds the Bloodletter for a STR+BT build. Extremely specialized but that weapon is ridiculously good in both forms.

I love the game and got tons of mileage off it but, personally, I wouldn't take a plunge that deep for one game. See if there's other stuff that tickles your fancy (mostly weeb shit). Personally, I'd name KoF XIV, Ni-oh, Yakuza (0 and 6), Gravity Rush 2 just to mention exclusives. There's also NieR Automata (also coming to PC) and Persona 5 (also on PS3).

Almost seemed like Profaned Capital was the second half, like the "level" is Dungeon+Capital.

There's a few. One is almost twice as tall as Yhorm and, overall, they make the ones from 2 look like action figures.

For me, it has the least replayability in the series. Extremely linear, little choice in viable builds (DEX or Quality outshine everything else), lore has too much pandering (at the detriment of some good ideas that aren't exploited as much like Aldrich's Age of Deep), most enemies are annoying as they're either speed types that kill you in a chimp out or giants with massive weapons that have perfect tracking and borderline infinite delays to their strings and most areas are just dull looking and devoid of environmental hazards. For me the game feels like a slog after the Settlement and gets interesting for a bit in Lothric Castle.
I think Miyazaki tried to force the pace of BB into DaS and it didn't pan out. IMHO DaS needs its deliberate pace.
Fashion is top notch and some parts in the game look fantastic (like Irithyll), that much I have to give them credit for.
I'm hoping the DLC at least makes other build choices viable like how BB's completely redeemed Arcane and added a weapon for STR/BT.
My modest two cents.

Pontiff Sulyvahn did nothing wrong

I played a lot of 2 thanks to the improved netcode. While I like to solo the games myself I enjoy helping out folks and DaS was really shitty with the summon signs as they disappeared if you moved 5 steps away from them. 2 improved that significantly and the regional matchmaking option meant I didn't have to put with King Crimson bullshit from nips.
Also, I think DaS2 did have a lot of smart game decisions like powerstancing, fully available move sets on the left hand, everything being upgradeable, two-handing the left hand weapon by holding the strong attack button, quick access to both quivers, ascetics to respawn bosses, viable poison.

Who knows, maybe Sony will pull a Sega and go third party, then they'll have to either sell these IP back to Fromsoft or whore them out to other platforms in order to make ends meet. People always clamor about how Nintendo is DOOMED but I think Sony's closer to extinction than they are.

It could happen.

If they both came to PC then the people saying they're good would finally stop trying to fool people into buying NoGamesStation 3 and 4

For some reason they decided to ditch the perfectly fine animations from 1 to let the mentally handicapped intern come up with new ones. Especially the roll looks so bad in all tiers.

The main issue behind the shockwaves, apart from bad hitboxes on some bosses, is the agility stat, and the fact that your i-frames suck ass without pumping many levels into it.

I didn't have a issues with shockwaves in 1, but that might be because rolling isn't as fucked in the first one than 2.

I'm glad they went back, because I probably wouldn't have finished 3.

She probably was at some point, but definitely not when you meet her in BB

As long as one of the armor sets is dropped by those conical helm grunts in the first fight so I can finally be a proper Anglo-Saxon fighter/pyromancer, I'm happy. And one of those weapons being the javelins they were throwing would be fantastic. Having big damage throwing weapons that aren't ceramic grenades on hand is very appealing.

I'm not sure, but if I remember right, part of the reason DS2 looks so off is because they used motion capture instead of hand animation for player characters. Seeing as they probably couldn't afford a proper martial arts expert or else he couldn't translate what he does into canned do-all attack animations very well, they came out stiff, lifeless, and rehearsed. I'm not really sure I'm remembering right, though.

The first half of Dark Souls. After you get the ability to teleport between bonfires there is a noticeable drop in quality.

What do you people have against teleporting? That's not really the reason the second half of Dark Souls was so bad, it was the development time crunch.

Those areas don't open up until after you get the teleport. Hence the association. I like some of the ideas behind those areas, but they definitely aren't as good as the first parts.

I wasn't saying that's what caused the quality drop. I was just using it as a point in the game at which the quality drop happened. I'm sorry for saying it in a way that misconstrued it as such.

I remember one user sperging out about teleporting, saying that if the place is only acessible by teleportation then it doesn't exist in the game world. That the "if you can see it in the distance it means it's in the world" logic was nonexistent.

Didnt play ds3 but how the hell does that guy parry everything without the slightest flinch???
DS2 if you tried to parry, even using havel's greatshield, you would get staggered after a heavy attack or after 2-3 hits.

I don't know why people keep trying to force this meme. Arguably, the Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith are the only outright bad areas of the game. Duke's Archives, Crystal Caves and Tomb of Giants are decent, though maybe you've got a point in saying that they're sort of devoid of content. Duke's Archives has that shitty gimmick Seath fight, but outside of that it's fine. If you're good enough you can even sequence break the damn thing so it's no issue. Tomb of Giants is the final area of the Catacombs. I guess it could've been more interesting if they had made it a gigantic underground city that you could explore, but if you're going to argue that it's bad because of something that it ISN'T, then that's a shit argument. You mas as well argue that your son is a failure because you were expecting a daughter and didn't get one.

The areas behind the golden fog walls are a pretty small part of the map, though, not enough to say it constitutes half the game. I don't really have a problem saying that half of the levels are weak, but using the Lordvessel as the cutoff point doesn't make sense.

Well yeah, that's why I was curious. I don't think it's just one guy, plenty of people seem to think that teleporting ruined the series, despite the previous game having teleporting.

Doesn't even make sense in DaS1 since you essentially teleport to Anor Londo, Painted World, Undead Asylum, and Oolacile

I guess it makes exploring and pathfinding useless? I had a blast finding all sorts of different ways and shortcuts but some people might not like seeing that being simply discarded.

DS1 was alright, you fought and earned the right to do it. But in the rest of the games you get it straight away. Might kill the fun for some people who like to walk and double check for character quests.

Demons Souls
11/10
Dark Souls
6/10
Dark Souls 2
4/10
Bloodborne
9/10
Dark Souls 3
3.5/10

Series went to shit after it went non-exclusive, PCfags are the cancer.

This is the truth anyone wondering why Dark Souls 3 was such complete and utter casual garbage, look at you stupid fucking PCfag face that' why, PCshitters.

Its still the best overall package regardless. Who cares about singling out a part of the game when it, as a whole, is the best one.

If you didn't go full autist you might have gotten away with some good points.

He still got your reply so successful bait is successful.

It's not teleportation itself, DaS1 up to the Lordvessel was one continuous journey, even if you had a large world to path it. All that time you had to explore and find your way, but after the Lordvessel the game sort of turns into a checklist of dead ends to reach, in different corners of the world. And it didn't help that at least two of those dead ends are very underwhelming.

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed now, are you?

You have no fucking clue what bait is then.

Okay then why don't you tell me what the term "bait" refers to? People always run away when this is asked so I know you won't even reply.

I made over 21 build and still no pvp to play in for me ;_;

Fair point, but this says nothing about the quality of any of these individual levels on their own. I see what you mean, though. They could've created levels that intertwine like the rest of the world, so players could then reach a destination point in one area, then backtrack in order to enter another area, so that the flow of gameplay wouldn't be impeded by constant stops to bonfires.

Contrary to what you may believe, you're not actually making a point when you say "durr hurr only the first half of the game is good". Instead, you're regurgitating some bullshit opinion that you haven't even begun to justify. Tell me, what exactly do you hate so much about the mentioned areas? You've yet to provide any reasoning.

Good example of a huge problem I have with the change they made from DeS to DaS, they're trying to reconcile two conflicting interests in the world design. You can tell in DeS they really like wrapping a level around on itself several times to open up shortcuts, which was possible since every level was essentially self-contained. In DaS they're trying to spread out and make the world feel as open and big as possible, while still retaining the spirit of DeS's level design, so they're trapped between trying to spread out and still wrap the world back around on itself. All this to say that the Catacombs would probably be one of my favorite levels in the game if it wasn't a level in Dark Souls, where it's just one big walk downward and then one big walk back up again if you don't have the Lordvessel yet.

If you go back and read interviews around the release of DaS you can see Miyazaki explaining that he jumped into DeS partway into the development and that DaS gave him an opportunity to make the kind of game he wanted to make, which apparently includes having a large open world. I don't know who was responsible for DeS's hub world / stage select setup, but I really like them and I really, really wish that BB had brought it back.

Probably the most transparent instance of low-effort enemy placement outside of the Demon Ruins. "Hey what should we put in this forest?" "Fuck it just drop twenty golems in there and call it good"

When people bait they make a statement that's most commonly the exact opposite of what's being discussed so it'll get a shitton of replies that try to prove the bait how wrong he is.

All I did was say how he could have gotten some good points but instead he went with a poor quality bait of calling everyone a "PCfag face" and "PCshitters".

Sorry, meant to sage.

No.

The word bait is referring to the person doing nothing but posting in order to "bait for replies". So if you reply to something that is bait then per definition you have made the bait successful by replying to it since the goal was to get replies, not discussion.

Did they ever patch DaS3 on PC? The PC ran like such shit on release day that I refunded and got the PS4 version instead.

I get the appeal of being able to walk from point A to point B without seeing a loading screen, but I don't think that it necessarily impacts the level design itself, and certainly doesn't impact the worldbuilding. If that uninterrupted gameplay is what people find so appealing about DaS1 pre-Lordvessel I'd expect to see a lot more people gushing about King's Field 2 through 4

No.
The goal is to get everyone riled up and pissed at him.

By your logic doing this:

Nice bait.

Is him having a successful bait.

It is, you can see the player holding in the NOT!Sif fight. Allegedly, the weapon art is throwing it (and "magically" pull out another).

Personally, I'm curious to know if the torch blow is a weapon art (that requires upgrading the torch) or a pyromancy.

Yeah, this is another good point and it ties into what Satan was saying

That's exactly what I thought that was based on the thumbnail.

not-Priscilla probably turns into Featherman after taking some damage, from the video it seems both fights happen on the same place.

For me it was a different feeling. The world has less weight and substance when you can teleport through it instantly. When i was down in Blighttown for the first time after running around in all of the previous areas for hours, i really felt that massive architecture above, resting on top of me. Never had that before in a game.

?

Yeah, pretty much.

I think the problems with shockwaves, questionable hitboxes and whatnot only become noticeable due to how DS2 handles iframes, and not because the engine itself was better or worse than the other games.

Regardless of the comparisons between each game in the Souls series, FromSoft's formula needs a swift kick in the balls because it pretty much stagnated with Dark Souls already, as it was basically more of the same in relation to Demon's. Only Bloodborne really showed signs of progress, and even then it still wasn't enough.

Just a few ideas from the top of my head:
- More movesets and abilities, more depth and variation to projectiles and magic.
- AI needs a complete a overhaul; better pathfinding, more aggressive, more varied tactics.
- Elemental damage needs extra properties besides just bigger numbers (e.g.: fire could do damage over time, lightning slows down enemies, ice freezes them and reduces their physical defence, shit like that).
- Better performance; shorter loading times, better framerate whatever the platform.
- An actual fucking coherent storytelling and world building method besides descriptions in items, and an original setting. The ambience also doesn't cut it for me anymore without background music. At this point, I just find it dull and lifeless.
- The online multiplayer on these games has become bloated as fuck. It should be one co-op partner to not trivialize the whole fucking game, and one invader at most.

Seriously, Nioh is a step in the right direction in any of those points, and if it becomes multiplat will be good news in some ways because everyone will be on the same page in witnessing this genre evolve and finally move on from the "Soulslike experience®".

nevermind that, i need sleep

I believe you because trips don't lie

I think she's Featherman's dom

666 trips = Satan

They're working on three new games. A new Armored Core and another Miyazaki says will be "a little bit weird".
gematsu.com/2016/09/software-working-three-new-games-one-new-armored-core

Hell, I didn't think anyone saved that shitty OC, I'm flattered

But why? A lot of the benefits of the pre-Lordvessel part of DaS to me seem like they're only truly good on the first run. For example, having consistent knowledge of where you are in the world relative to the places you've already been, easier to keep track of if you've been walking everywhere, but I don't see how teleporting automatically destroys your spatial awareness once you've played the game and know the world layout.

There's another knock-on effect with the interconnectivity and I think it negatively impacts the worldbuilding. For one thing, the emphasis on a) having the world be interconnected and b) having a really broad range of unique areas leaves all of the areas feeling implausibly close to each other and implausibly small. Going down through the layers of the world you have Anor Londo overlooking the lower areas of the city, the Undead Burg, then the Depths below that, then Blighttown below that, then the Demon Ruins, then Izalith, and not only is it already straining belief that all of those areas could be stacked on top of each other, but I also know that the Tomb of the Giants and Ash Lake are just one thin stone wall away, completely unaffected by the intense heat of Izalith.

Please don't let it be another Bloodborne, at least let it die a merciful death.

To my mind the ones worth playing are Demon's, Dark, & Bloodborne. The two Dark sequels are decent but optional. I guess they're cheap enough now that you'll get your money in content from them, though.

dragons dogma shits all over these games

why didn't THAT get a sequel?

Not-Zelda-but-kind-of-Zelda?

Seems like OoT and MM makes a better comparison for the first two, with OoTfags being accused of blind nostalgia and MM being pushed out the door with a lot of reused content from the previous game.

What are you talking about? DDO gets updates all the time :^)

OoT is the game in the series that receives the most attention and which all the sequels draw from, like with DaS1

Even reddit has better taste than you.

>>>/oven/

You mean from a structural engineering calculation standpoint? I don't really care for that, it's a fantasy game after all. Still, none of the areas overlap or are too close to shatter belief.

That is not true, they are farther away and you can actually see them from the Tomb of Giants.

It obviously doesn't, you still know where you are, but distances feel larger and more real if you actually have to travel them. It's the same with games that allow you to fast travel anywhere instantly, it loses "weight" by allowing that.

Just leave it to you autists to turn this into

It's worth caring about if the idea behind having an interconnected world instead of several separate worlds is that the interconnection makes the worldbuilding more grounded.

I can walk straight from the Darkroot Basin through the Valley of the Drakes to either New Londo (which is an entire city smaller than my neighborhood) or Blighttown in less than five minutes, that is implausibly close.

That is true and those screenshots prove it. Izalith is visible from parts of the Tomb of the Giants, Ash Lake is visible from the path between the Tomb and Nito's chamber, but Ash Lake is not visible from Izalith, despite the fact that they're obviously directly adjacent to each other.

But all of the sequels don't draw from DaS1, the one thing they all have in common is that they draw from DeS, which itself draws from KF and ST

Perhaps from a gameplay perspective, but I was referring to a lore perspective

Well, if you're so anal about it i suppose you're right. It never bugged me though.

Ash Lake is sort of a special area, like the Abyss. You enter it by descending an Archtree in Blighttown, but when you look up it seems to go up eternally. There's also an everlasting dragon there and it's the only area with music outside of bossfights.

How are you this stupid? People are doing it for attention. That is what they crave, not to be right, not to be wrong, not to be yelled at. They just want to be noticed. Same reason children do the things they do for attention. Did you just think that the whole "bait" came from nowhere? Baiting for attention is a fucking ancient phrase for a reason.

I keep trying to like this game and prep a character for the DLC but holy shit is it dull. Weapons are spaced too far apart with silly requirements and upgrade materials/method require too much forethought planning a build, its absolute nofun allowed. Don't even get me started on the level design but I'd be willing to let that go because there are still a few good areas.

The trailer looks good though.

Holy shit.

No a mod got angry at one of my posts and banned me for an hour, deleting all my posts.

But thanks for proving I am right with your riveting arguments.

Keep at it.

I want story fags to leave. Dark Souls 3 managed to have worse covenants than Dark Souls 2, worse pvp and they broke poise. It takes a special retard to think 3 is better than 2.

I want PvPfags to leave

Poise ruins greatswords, ultra greatswords, claws, whips, daggers, greataxes, etc, etc,etc. Anything that isnt middle speed decent damage like straight swords, spears, rapiers and such. Even shields break so easily with the new poise. Dark Souls 3 is worse in pve as well, especially if you factor in how shit their NG+ is compared to DS2 NG+. Dark Souls 3 is by far the weakest in the series. Fuck even the changes to boss weapons and how streamlined it is now with getting shards and upgrades you're pidgeonholed into certain weapons until mid to late game.

Oh, and lets not forget because of the change to poise armor is now stupid to wear since its all two hit flinch! And with the high damage already might as well maximize speed! So now even armor is useless.

Dark souls 3 is the bloodborne redheaded stepchild of the series. Not enough to be a true Dark Souls game and not enough to be a Bloodborne game, so just shit all around.

It's so important to me user, you have no idea.

No. Dark Souls 3 has superior enemy and boss design to 2, and those are some of if not the most important things to get right.
Even if they screwed up literally everything else, even if it has no replay value, 3 is still the better game because of that. Don't fucking forget it.

Look at you, you're more busy trying to prove that I am deluded rather than giving any argument.

wew lad

Also, just got home.

PvPfags remind me a lot of Meleefags.

By "enemy designs" are you talking visually or the way the enemies behave and attack? DaS2 isn't the champion of that department but DaS3 isn't much better by allowing enemies to have infinite stamina and spam the same attack over and over and over again. Saying "oh well they made it more aggressive because of Bloodborne" isn't a good excuse either, because BB enemies still had obvious moments of cooldown and openings to attack.

The fucks the point of having nice enemies if the gameplay is limited and largely boring? As well as being linear, short, with low replay value and all the same type, the bloodborne, sub 50% "now im gonna fight for serious" boss type. If you want nice things to look at go play a walking simulator for your "story" and "nice visuals". I want good gameplay in my GAME.

Dark Souls 3 bosses are largely just sub 50% go churazy! types. Most people who complain about DS2 just complain about too many armored knights bosses, but at least there was variety in how they fought. Most DS3 bosses fight the same way. I found them very dull.

Well I was talking about just normal enemy encounters, the boss roster is dull for different reason. Partially too many gank squad bosses, partially ripping off superior boss fights from the previous games. There are still some standouts; Sulyvahn was good, Aldritch was pretty good, Soul of Cinder was good, Princes were alright

Multiple phases to the boss fights isn't necessarily a bad thing and it isn't something that BB introduced

Counting both Tower Knight and Taurus is pretty dubious since in both cases the archers can be dealt with at 0 risk of engaging the boss. Nameless king and Twin Princes are also pretty questionable since they fight as one unit.

This was a really faggy way of saying "multiple phases". It's like you've never been introduced to that concept before and are struggling to find the correct words to express it.

What baffles me is that you complain about there being no variety, but scoff at the idea of bosses completely changing their behavior (and even aesthetic or music) at certain points. Do you wish the older method where bosses kept repeating the same attack patterns from beginning to end? Your complaints make no fucking sense.

The way enemies behave and attack, but moreso the bosses than the mooks. They keep the pressure on, they actually have good and attractive animations, they have fun gimmicks, better visual designs, better music. Only straight-up bad or uninspired fights are Wolnir and Yhorm. Even Deacons are better than their closest 2 counterpart, prowling magus and congregation.

DS3 has dragonslayer armor and champion gundyr and all their glorious hit reactions, variety of combos and fairness - 2 has dragonrider and old dragonslayer. And the rotten. And a billion other non-threatening HP blobs that barely move the entire fight. Pursuer is cool, I guess that's why you fight him twenty times in the enhanced edition, they had to milk that one for all it's worth.

Fuck the underlying mechanics and the character systems and the worthless builds, I know they're problems in 3, and I'm saying it doesn't matter anyway. Dark Souls 2 plays like an MMO with a dodge button.

Yes, every dark souls had the mechanic, but DaS3 relied too heavily on the boss goes faster under 50% mechanic, rather than add in new effects, like velstadt and enchanted weapon in DaS2. Seriously, it was almost every boss. Some bossed like Sulhvhain or wtv the fuck his name is had an additional mechanic, but all of them had gotta go fast! under 50%. It got dull.

Theres a difference between multiple phases and every second phase having the enemy go faster.

Dark Souls 2 plays like a medieval styled game with their slower movements and clunkier attacks. Dark Souls 3 does not play like a medieval game, everyones too graceful with big ass weapons and too quick and perfect. Its unrealistic to the setting of the game.

>Only straight-up bad or uninspired fights are Wolnir and Storm King Last Giant Yhorm.
Not Fool's Idol Crystal Sages? Not Super Smough Dragonslayer Armor? Not Demon Firesage Old Demon King? Most fights in the game have a very close analog, some are practically identical while making no significant improvements, I would call that uninspired.

Their closest counterpart is the Royal Rat Vanguard since the fight essentially functions the same way, and there's a pretty similar fight with the Celestial Emissary (without the later phases).

R8 my character.
This took roughly 230 hours

thats not even getting into the fact that dark souls armor and weapons are based around the older games, where your enemies do high damage and attack more conservatively so you need to be defensive and watch for openings. New Dark souls enemies attack like bloodborne enemies, but without the bloodborne healing mechanic and quicker weaponry, it largely conflicts with the games weapon styles, armor and stamina. Dark Souls 3 has a serious identity crisis going on.

Why on earth would you play this game for 230 hours?

Oh and of course Dark Souls 3 copied over the shit warping system from 2 and now has linear areas with more bonfires than ever, ruining the feeling of tension dark souls cultivated so well.

autism

Because I've lost control of my life.

I like every Souls game games equally except for DS2

do you even get any PVP going with that shit? Is it just max everything autism?

Obviously not, you reprobate. This is only for entertainment and PVE purposes only.

But the NG+ in Dark Souls 3 sucks.

Never underestimate the powers of autism.

DaS2 doesn't set the standard for NG+. In spirit maybe, but not execution; it's a fine idea to change around enemy placements and some boss fights for a second run, but the enemy placements are bad in the first place and they're still bad in NG+.

Subjective opinions.

Except they also add in new armors in NG+, improved armors, and accessories, as well as weapons, new bracket for higher lvl pvp and other shit.

I find it laughable you actually try to argue Dark Souls 2 NG+ isnt the best of the series.

Again, spirit, not execution, DaS2 armors and weapons and PvP are still broken in fundamental ways.

What, does that make it the prettiest Denny's waitress? It tries to improve things by a paper thin margin, that doesn't make it praiseworthy.

Oh as well as new enemies, new encounters in random movements in the world like increased spawns and rundowns of the flying knight dude, as well as more unique boss encounters, but it doesnt have sif or muh aesthetics from 3 so clearly not as good :^)

Go ahead and explain. And covenants are not pvp, pvp mechanics are there and just as good as DS2, just the covenants arent as good. But still, go ahead and explain how the weapons, armor and pvp is broken in Ds2.

DS1*

Are you that guy that argues for DaS2 in every thread?

And none of that changes the fact that the enemy placement and level design simply isn't very good.

How about explaining how armors,weapons and pvp are broken in DS2.

This one

Enemy placement is better than DaS3, but worse then DaS1. Making it average. And level design is incoherent but not shit. It should have flowed better, like DS1. Doesnt change both DS1 and DS2 have better gameplay and variety than DS3.

Yeah, thats what I thought. Go play overwatch.

Nigger what are you smoking. Or are you implying that those clusterfuck encounters in places like Drangleic Castle was actually good?

Yeah those linear combat tunnels with loads of bonfires and no shortcuts sure was great. Yup yup, I love having six god damn high poise high damage enemies that can easily show up in groups when trying to retry the Undead Chariot fight.

What's with this whole DaS2 dindu nuffin now that the new game is out routine?

Like the only thing that saves DaS2 was the dlc in terms of base game DaS3 is miles ahead of DaS2 in every respect.

The worst offender of DaS2 was the enemy behind the door, as well as some enemies right behind corners. DaS3 does the exact same shit, hiding enemies behind boxes or above you with no way to know unless you've already been through, almost guaranteeing a death unless you have high health.

On top of that DaS3 has ganksquads all over, from the beginning area before boreal knight dude (1st boss), to the winged fuckers who attack in triples, to the villagers who come three at a time. It's kinda funny you complain about gank squads when DaS3 is made up of so many ganksquads in the game.
That's literally DaS3 user.
DaS2 isnt some perfect game, its still nowhere near as good as DaS1, but it is better than DaS3, which is what people dont seem to get.
And why are you typing weird? You dont need so many spaces.

Hell, even the pvp is gank squads in DaS3 hahaha. Its literally the gank squad game of the franchise.

You know I never understood the poise mechanic, so all this asspain just amuses me. I built all my characters around dex, vig,& str and I never had any problems during pvp or pve. Honestly if you master the basics (backstep, parry, and counter roll )you're are pretty much solid. Can't get stunned if they can't hit you.

It ruins variety without it. In 1 & 2 you had viable weapons in pve as well as pvp ranging from casestus, to greatsword. Or you could turtle behind a greatshield for pvp, not so much pve. The new poise system broke that, so with the hyper armor shit, only a very select few types of weapons are viable in pvp or pve now. On top of that the overly aggressive enemies, as well as the quicker depleting stam makes shields near useless now, compared to 1 & 2. Its just depressing to go from having so many options to so few.

Would you love a Doll?

The whole magic system needs an overhaul but I guess I'm a bit optimistic
Always nice
maybe 1-2 won't be dogshit awful weapons if we're lucky
that's really not that many come to think of it.

Well my hype levels are low with what i've seen from das3 over-all. But hey I unfortunately have the season pass so I should be able to expect 2 more of these little dlc's.

Only hipsters put Dark Souls 1 above Demon Souls. The game was a huge step down from Demon Souls in almost ever regard.

Considering poise no longer exists, heavy armor no longer protects you from being stunlocked liked it used too, meaning if someone using a fast hitting weapon get the first hit in they automatically get a second hit because you're stunned. If you also add in the phantom range straight swords have, it's fairly easy to just spam R1 and continually stunlock someone who fucks up a roll. Don't forget the running R1 the Washing Pole will fuck over anyone trying to get any sort of distance. I'd say a lot of the bitching is due to the fact that the Thralls are able to take out a huge portion of health despite having an axe barely larger than your hand and how the PvP favors hosts who already have at least one summon where you're being attacked by both at least 80% of the time.

I'm kinda a pvp addict, so designed my character to able to handle the most common builds. Katanas are so overused I can parry them on a beat. I rarely lose in pvp. Dex is the only important stat for me. Casestus leaves to many openings in my opinion. Any scythe will destroy a turtle/tank. Scythes are even better in DSIII. The counter roll is faster and reach is longer. I use whips for parry fishers, daggers for spammers, and most important a magic sheild. If you rely on certain types of builds for pvp than yeah I can imagine why your upset. I don't. I built my character to take down those builds.

The only thing I miss in DS2 is the armors. Way cuter sets.

I'm actually really looking forward to the dlc, cause I just know its going to be based around velka and the painted world based on the first trailer. I've always wanted more concrete lore on velka, and if I can get karmic justice, and maybe the black set back ill be happy

Totally I mean those low poise hollows are super dangerous. Oh and remember that totally optional encounter at the end of the final area of the game that's totally comparable to the shitfest that is the Dragon Shrine.

No it literally isn't DaS3 has layered levels with areas built around bonfires. Very few areas are straight up linear corridors rather than between them like in DaS2, levels like the Cathedral of the Deep, Lothric Castle, Irythil Dungeon have no analogue in DaS2 base game.

Man if you're trying to argue that DaS2 is a better game than DaS3 then you're doing a pretty shitty job.

Every Souls DLC has been one of the best parts if not THE best part of its game, so there is reason to be optimistic, even with DaS3 being the way it is. They're also claiming that the next DLC pack will be the end of the series, so there's even more reason to be optimistic.

Emphasis on plural bonfires

It's the majority opinion so hipster doesn't really fit, plebeian maybe

Fuck the slim you can get a pS4 right now for $270 at Gamestop. They are the cheapest, others are about $280

You know what really pisses me off about Yhorm is the fact FromSoft really didn't need the Storm Ruler for the fight to be epic. Fighting him without the Storm Ruler is fucking nuts as you basically fight him like Amygdala as in you wait for him to smash the floor then attack his arms. That Storm Ruler is only there lore wise for Siegward and while the story between those two is great, it ultimately fucked the fight from being satisfying to do.

Seriously man?

Seriously man?

Level design in DaS3 is bad for other reasons, and it isn't DaS2's tunnel fest, it's completely flat and mostly uneventful plains outside of the castles. It's the new KF3.

All of these levels have you going up or down something to progress.

I'll give you that the Road of Sacrifices, Crucifixion Woods, and Farron Woods are boring areas but calling all of the levels flat uneventful plains is just incorrect.

Most areas in this game have some level of verticality to them with an admittedly boring transit level in between. It's what makes replays such a chore since you get two good levels and then three shitty ones back to back.

It's a hell of a lot better than DaS 2 tunnel zone which is the entirety of the game.

Easy to have changed, but still that's my bad.

Don't kid yourself. 'poorly disguised hallway' describes DaS3, bloodborne and any successor series From ever makes. Hell, even DaS was mostly cramped pathways besides the forest and swamp.

Here we see the standards of an average Souls player. Notice that he suddenly forgets that the heavier armors are all pointless because they still won't protect worth a damn.

>Hemwick Charnel Lane Undead Settlement
>Yharnam Christmas Special >Irythil of the Boreal Valley
>Duke's Archives Cainhurst Grand Archives
>Tower of Latria Irithyl Dungeon
Lose points for being ripoffs which still have too many checkpoints, to me.

I'll give you that it's a little better, but not enough to get excited about it

I'll give you the Undead Settlement having a few too many bonfires but Grand Archives and Irythil Dungeon have one that's constantly looped back to as far as I remember. And Irythil had like 2 before Pontiff and then 1 after.

They could have taken out the bonfire before the bridge sure

Anyway I wasn't arguing that DaS3 has the best level design ever, but that it beats out DaS2.

Maybe if she wasn't hot glued by Gehrman on a regular basis. No wonder Maria killed herself.

Doesn't sound like much but it is somewhat on par with previous DLCs (AotA - 5 / CotSK - 2 / CotOIK - 3 / CotIK - 5).
I wager the northern warriors might be one, maybe even two, of those sets and the scythe lady's costume. And even though I bitch about the DaS pandering, I hope the Black Set is the other one; if the game's gonna have almost every damn DaS set, might as well have my favorite.

Each DaS2 chapter added 3 bosses but only two were truly new (gank squad, magic Smelter and tigers were all rehashes) and at least the last one seems to be a 2 in 1 with the scythe lady and the flagellant.
Still not sure if the wolf boss has a AI companion or if it's a summoned player like in the Looking Glass Knight fight.

I would a Vicar Amelia

What is it with Vicar Amelia being a lightning rod for furshit? She's a Showa-era Kaiju scale stagdag that, contrary to fanart, is as shaggy as a fucking sheepdog in addition to being covered in thousands of strips of tattered, mangled cloth stuck in the matting. Human Amelia gets no love whatsoever, meanwhile. I guess she must be a real screamer in bed or something.

You do realize there's like a huge segment of furshit that's just transformation, right?

Sure, but Amelia specifically seems bizarre to explode the way she did. Just how many of them can be Duncan-tier macrofags?

Also, she's the only female boss that turns into a Beast right before your eyes.

I mean, for normal-ass dudes there's Mariah.

I personally find all the beasts cute, even the shaggy swamp ones in DS3 (not the human sized goat ones though, fuck those guys). I'm not into giantesses or transformation,s o personally that's no it, she's just cute and I want to cuddle her. She makes me want to calm her down with pats.

am i getting b8ed or are you this retarded?

das2 was and still is the best of the series, next to Demon Souls.

stay mad pccuck.

She's a qt monsterdogdeer thing. I want to pet her and comb her shaggy fur.

I played the game briefly on a friend's PS4. The graphics were pretty shit (going more for gloss and post-processing than a steady framerate which is STILL A FUCKING ISSUE on "next-gen" hardware), rolled a deprived, beat the first boss on my first go, got to the hub area and, after walking around a bit looking for an exit, was told that you can only warp to new areas via bonfire.

I'll get it when there's a complete GOTY edition and it's on sale.

No, instant chugging and bloodborne's stamina consumption ruined it.

Nothing is more exciting that watching someone roll 20 times, chug when out of stamina and start to roll again.

You only need to warp out of Firelink, the rest of the areas are linked to each other, though in a pretty linear way.

You also have technically have to warp between Vordt and the undead settlement.

Oh right, forgot the castle was also separated from the rest. That was pretty shit to be honest, they should've placed it on the same level as the bridge and made the demon there a full boss, maybe too hard for a character who had only killed vordt so you'd had to flee to the other side of the path and raise the banner in that area with the dead dragon. At least this way you'd had a walking path back to High Wall and the Castle.

There's an ingame excuse for having to warp to/from Firelink.

Given that you can find the dark Firelink in the game

It is better than DaS and DaS2, of course we are playing it, fuck off retarded nigger.

Fuck off back to DaS and DaS2 you shitter, poise was a braindead and broken stat, good riddance.

Bloodborne and DaS3 are the best games in the serie because they don't have poise. I am so glad shitters like you can't stand it :)

Bloodborne 9/10
Dark Souls 3 8.5/10
Dark Souls 8/10
Demon's Souls 7.5/10
Dark Souls 2 7/10

facts.

what would you consider a 10/10

A game without a flaw, haven't seen one yet.

Will the DLC fix the game?

No.

So who cares?

The PvP is shit and if you go fashion souls in PvP you gonna get asswhooped even harder. No fun allowed for Reds.

Isn't DLC adding arena for PvP?

Does this DLC make poise mean a fucking thing? Does it make magic not shit?

Great, more pandering to muh honoure dueltards.

Haven't played DaS3 yet But I've played the 2 firsts

What's wrong with DaS3's poise? Is it non existent or infinite? In OPs post it seems like the poise it fucking maxed out yet people complain that "There is no poise"

There is no poise. Zero. None.

There is, however, hyperarmor during certain heavy weapon attacks. That is mainly a thing in PvE though, because PvP consists solely of shitters using the fastest weapon available to stunlock each other to death.

Poise pretty much only exists on big, heavy weapons and like f3de6f said, most people in PvP are running around with fast as fuck weapons which will either still break your poise or kill you before you've done one whole swing.

Also they killed the omnimage build in DaS3 because the soft cap for magic scaling is 60. Also everyone who isn't over 60 weight has an incredibly fast roll so being hit by magic means you're mentally retarded or have no fingers.

Stop calling it poise. It's not poise it's hyper armor, learn the difference.

but it's the absolute fucking opposite. Armor doesn't matter. Put on dat steel prot ring and you won't see much difference between cleric rags and smough's. Fashion builds have never been more viable

Poise is only switched on during certain attacks that have Hyperarmor, mostly from great weapons. Some of them can still be broken and stunned, depends on what weapon is hitting what attack, but poise as a stat is mostly useless. You either have hyperarmor or don't

That's not true in my experience, many people use great weapons for hyperarmor, and it can be very effective. Fat weapon attacks will definitely NOT break hyperarmor, that is bullshit.
Poking with fast weapon R1 might be the most meta scum tactic, but you can definitely have success with great weapons in random PVP. I do pretty well with Gundyr's halbers and some UGSwords. BK UGS and BK glaive is also pretty scary. The biggest problem for me is that magic sucks ass, especially faith. There is not a single miracle usable in PVP

*fast

I love DaS and BB, I didn't play DeS and DaS2 was shit after 10 hours Should I give it a second chance? It feels like they tried to put a little of everything in 3 but only hit half the mark, so it feels meh. I didn't even finish it, I got to the Nameless King fight and uninstalled it and when back to 1. Also the camera for the Nameless King fight was fucking atrocious.

Give DaS2 a second chance. At the very least play the DLC portions, which are close to greatness. DaS2 gets a lot of shit but the gameplay was smoother than 1, even if most everything else about it (bosses, level design, enemies) was worse.

Ok, do you know of any torrent that has the game and all DLC?

I think rg mechanics has the game and dlc separately if you don't want the scholar edition.

I don't care I'm never going to forgive ds2 for removing my fast roll

Thanks.

FAGGOT

Good effort dude!

Thanks user, I've been trying it out lately.

wew. I bet you have a job and a girlfriend. faggot.

it doesn't matter if you have 120 agility and roll through everything like a pussy, shitty hitboxes will still be shitty hitboxes.

agility is for niggers because its a ds2 stat
naked, ds1 fast roll only. dark wood gay ring is also for niggers

i guess that's fine. I thought you were talking about DS2.

It's bretty good but not great. And has a lot of problems. Much like DS3 actually.
I'm not sure if the Bloodborne Defense Force is genuinely just shilling BB because it's an exclusive or because they are delusional.

I'm not sure if you're baiting or stupid

I have no input, but I have a webm.

I miss DaS filename threads

yeah

(checked)
Superb taste.

My sides have been granted eyes.

That's what happens when you irk the Kirk.

(Sorry, don't have the webm handy.)

user what the fuck. I wheezed a bit.

Bloodborne has better weapons than any game I can think of on the fly. Just that fucking cane makes me so happy.

The new covenant is looking kinda broken already.

Nobody says Dark Souls 2 was literally perfect

that's some tasty OC you've got there, user.

who knew

By that logic, Demon's Souls is also the best in the series.

But it is

But user, poise was actually a crutch for people who don't want to bother looking at the enemy or learning movesets. Where did the entire giant dad meme come from? From the fact that you could poise through everything. It IS a casual mechanic.

I still think the first half of Dark Souls is the top of the series. Demon's Souls really easily beats out the second half of Dark Souls though, with DaS3 coming a little ways after the second half of DaS and 2 being last.

What's wrong with poise as it existed in DaS1? You need it if you want to use a heavy weapon like the demon great axe or the black knight ultragreatsword. You can't go without it, otherwise dexfags will annihilate you. Why? Well, is it obvious? Heavy weapons have longer than normal animations that will leave you vulnerable both before and after your attack, so you need poise to be able to withstand some faggot's rapier thrusting long enough to get your attacks out without breaking your guard.

The main issue is that it was piss easy to just stack a lot of it and then use an average sized weapon.

I think it's a little dishonest to treat a game like a buffet and only take the parts you like into consideration, but if we're playing that game then I'll ditch the 1/3 of DeS's levels that are weak and say that THAT tops the first half of Dark Souls without question.

Mostly sounds like a PvP concern, and isn't hyperarmor functionally identical? Prevents you from stagger during long attack animations?

If we continue to cut down the games, Valley of Defilement is far better than Blightown. Each of the games have strong parts and shit parts, it's all subjective anyway.
I've noticed hyper armor only works while you're already in the process of doing an attack, while poise is more or less another bar that you have to overflow in order to stagger someone.

Fair enough, but they did patch the game so that if you want to stack poise you're going to lose mobility, so it's not like you can be the fastest motherfucker out there with your havel's set + dark wood grain ring + ultra greatsword

It's a PVP concern, but I wouldn't call hyper armor identical to poise because those invincibility frames that hyper armor provides are only active as long as you're swinging your weapon, and since you only have a finite pool of stamina that you must split between attacking, guarding, and every other action, you're going to be as easily pushed over as the dexfag who uses uchigatana or whatever other dex weapon is currently popular. Poise, on the other hand, would allow you a certain amount of stun resistance even when you're not attacking, which means you could use it to tank through magic, projectiles, and pretty much any manner of offensive attack hurled at you without having to commit to a frontal assault/aggressive behavior.

Basically, the benefit that hyper armor provides isn't worth the risk of such aggressive behavior when your opponents are so fast in comparison to you.

And you can't beat a game that has Tower of Latria, or Shrine of Storms, or Boletaria's first and third level. Highest heights in the series

That's why I specifically said "functionally identical", that is to say it performs the same function by allowing a heavy weapon to complete an animation even if your character is hit with a faster dps weapon. Poise does it by giving you a stat that has to be ground down to zero before you're staggered, hyperarmor does it by making certain parts of the animation uninterruptible

Exactly. It forces the heavy weapon user to either be aggressive or go without any defenses, and this just doesn't jive well when you're fighting against quicker enemies that use fast weapons. You can still take damage when you're using your attack animations, and most everyone can easily move out of the way before you get a chance to land your attacks. Basically, using heavy weapons isn't worth the investment when you can easily use a normal straight sword and acquire the same amount of damage output and with the added benefit of mobility.

You could take damage when you had poise as well, but it allowed you to play as a tank. It just allows you to better gauge whether or not you'll be able to withstand a certain amount of damage before you flinch under the pain, which affords you the ability to use your "durability" in a defensive manner. In Bloodborne, you could gain some of your health bar back by being aggressive, so the fast but vulnerable play style at least had an incentive. In DaS3, there's no reason to play as a heavy weapon user.

just need to equip pontiff's left and right eyes user, then you'll get the health back on hit :^)

I have no idea why I watched this.

3-1 really is quite something. Irithyll Dungeon tried to recapture that magic but didn't quite get there. The Hypogean Gaol in BB is probably what comes closest.

To Latria? Maybe, it hits some of the same notes, but the unique thing about the Gaol to me was the tiered reveal of the nature of the Mensis ritual throughout the game. If Yahar'gul in general would be compared to any DeS I'd say it's closest to 4-2, where all you need to do is take out the three summoners on the way to the boss fight. One of the weaker levels both in DeS and BB.

Saying that DaS3 "tried" is a little generous, but yeah they obviously stole every asset took huge inspiration from 3-1

Like 3-1, I think the Gaol shines on the sound design in terms of making the place unsettling. Admittedly, Latria does it much more subtly with the incense, screams and iron bars being shook while Gaol is mostly the music (though there's small things like the witches' running footsteps). The use of color in Latria also helps in giving the area a very oppressive atmosphere. Then there's details like that spiderweb-like structure in the air, the statue trap etc etc. I dare say it well holds up to this day.

Post-Rom, it is a bit disappointing given how you can bumrush it with relative ease. Feels extra weak after the labyrinthine forest.

Well the whole game shines on its attention to detail in the sound design, I don't know if I'd say that Yahar'gul did it particularly better than any other level. If there's any level that does the sound design even better than the rest of the game, I think it's the Fishing Hamlet.

Yep, don't even need to open a shortcut or anything, once you know the correct route you don't even have to fight one Crowded Casket. At least it's brief

Best level

In all honesty the forbidden Woods is the best forest area out of all the Souls games and probably one of the best levels designed as well.

My favorite part in BB is the Research Hall but the Woods are amazing just for the sheer size and design. Very frustrating at first but felt great once I knew every nook and cranny and basically started giving "tour guides" of the place to other players.
When Miyazaki promised DaS3 would have lesser but bigger areas, I thought we'd get something like the Forbidden Woods.

Speaking of BB areas, I was disappointed that the Upper Ward was so short. Yeah, a real nightmare to traverse if you didn't have a weapon that could phase through walls and kill the Brainsucker with the key but rather memorable.

Research Hall level wise is very good but since we've got DS3's Grand Archives it's been outdone. Still the atmosphere is amazing and the fact FromSoft did many variations of the same enemy keeps those encounters fresh, unlike Cainhurst Castle which has amazing level design but ruined by tonnes of the same noble enemy.

I liked Cainhurst castle the most in BB.

You have no idea what you're talking about. ANY weapon without pre-existing elemental damage (that you meet the requirements for) can be used on an arcane build, and both of the weapons you mentioned are more geared towards strength/arcane builds anyway.

they're actually much cheaper now. I think new ones go for about 300 bucks, and used ones go for around 250.

Well he's not wrong that A Call Beyond is garbage.

Cainhurst feels very empty and it's surprisingly easy once you get past the fleas. Logarius pushed my shit hard though.

Optimizing for Arcane is a nightmare. Every other build just needs a Radial-Radial-Triangle set up (default for almost every weapon) and farm the same two dungeons (on the first layer and against the fatties, one of the easiest chalice bosses) while Arcane need specialized gem set ups and bloodgems that are not only rarer but have a higher risk of penalties that make them worthless.

Is anyone here still playing DaS1 for the best pvp in the series?

You must have missed the rollan thread user, there were a lot of people going at it. Also it's apparently the "return to dark souls" week or some shit like that.

True, it's still fairly dead on xbox. None of the regular players on my friends list are playing.

wew lad.

Oh. Well, sorry to hear that user.

i had a few invasions when i did that "rollan" thread for DS1 earlier, they went well in and around the world like in Blighttown or the Depths, etc. but as soon as i started doing forest invasions at SL50 i immediately ran into gankers spamming infinite divine blessings from Brazil - so its a mixed bag as always.

i started up my SL1 character and invaded the Burg with end game gear and on shot people with great combustion and chaos club - sometimes you feel like being evil

Did I do good?

Should I scrap her and restart?

I have a feeling that the Axe is gonna be my fucking bane since I'm new to the game.

Also I can't figure co-op out (assuming it's not totally dead) and last time I tussled with this boss (Cleric Beast I think?) it took me 10+ heals to get it to 25% and as clearly shown in this screenshot I only have 4 left.

I'd go back and search for an alternate route but I've spent too long getting here and clearing out all the big guys not to mention RUNNING FROM WOLVES

She looks nice user but her chin looks like it could serve as a can opener.
It's a very good weapon user, any weapon in the game is viable to carry until the end.
Ring the blue bell and wait.
Alternate route is through the sewers. After you go through the area with the big guy trying to open the door, the dogs and the guys, instead of going where the werewolves are go down the stairs. There will be some boxes in a corner. Break them and you'll find a ladder to the sewers. You'll find the armor with the highest def stat in the game there.

Also Cleric Beast is an optional boss. Any other question come to the Micolash thread, it's pretty comfy.

Right and DeS and BB being the absolute pinnacle of the series isn't them both being on a console with lack of games.

BB is good, so is DeS but to fucking worship both of them and declare that either are better automatically then DaS is retarded.

If you're gonna praise a dark souls for its graphics, praise 2, because three was mediocre and had weird FPS and texture issues that would come and go.

Stop playing on console, retard.

nigger this was on PC, and check the steam reviews, tons of people had these problems while 2 played at 60 fps all the time and looked great.

When people complain about 2nd half im thinking mostly just demon ruins and izalith because they copy pasted the taurus and capra demons 20 times isntead of doing much else. Tomb of the giants/archives where neat

Okay second half contains.

Darkroot Forest
New Londo Ruins
Demon Ruins
Izalith
Duke's Archives
Crystal Cave
Catacombs
Tomb of the Giants

Now I don't know about anyone else but for me the second half isn't all bad. I see Duke's Archives and Crystal Cave as one level and Tomb of the Giants is fairly decent because the level has loads of nifty shortcuts than can avoid the skeleton dogs and is maze like so when I hear "the second half isn't as good" most of the complaints are aimed at Demon Ruins and Izalith which as we can see are just two levels out of eight. This isn't valid enough to dismiss the rest of it so can people at least explain why as a whole is a problem. If it's going to be "the second half doesn't interconnect with each other" then that is a shit arguement because when you get the Lord Vessel you have an absolute clear path on where to go and what to do. It would be completely counter intuitive at that point to just say to the player "go find the great four lords". Fuck that, that's what happened in the second half of DS2 and look how confusing that fucker turned out to be on first run.

im playing bloodborne right now and the enemy aggression isnt as stupid as it is in ds3

He wants bosses that will blow his socks off the first time he downs them so he can later bitch about how predicable they are when he can reliably beat them.

DS3 was sweet as fuck first 2-3 play throughs. not as great replayability as other titles. End of story.

The bigger demons aren't even an issue since you can avoid almost all of them on your way to the fog gate. The stone statues are a bit lame, but you can run past them too.

Izalith isn't too bad unless you really need a specific item from it.

Actually, the not-Izalith ruins in 3 are MUCH worse precisely because you can't run past the annoying-as-shit enemies.

Darkroot Garden / Basin can be accessed as soon as you get to Andre, and the Catacombs can be the first level you play in the game.

You're probably right, but those aren't the only levels guilty of copypasting mobs of enemies instead of carefully considering their placement.

They can however they are not nessersary until the second half of the game which is what is being talked about.