Was it dead on arrival? Is is still playable? Do you miss it like I do?

Was it dead on arrival? Is is still playable? Do you miss it like I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/uXfHp
pcgamesn.com/starcraft-brood-war/hd-remake-starcraft-blizzard
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it was alright but because of the iron fist blizzard had on custom games it had no staying power

I have a nice penis, it certainly isn't the biggest penis, but it sure as hell does the trick.

Why is blizzard trying to kill Warcraft and Starcraft? Do they hate RTS now? Diablo 3 had a horribad launch, but newest expansion made it playable. SC2 otherwise was really popular at launch, and fuck you I liked it. Why did it just die out? They must've done something wrong, because the two expansions weren't even that bad, lore rape aside.

They had more than a few chances to unfuck it.
They had the chance to immediately unfuck the custom map scene and fix the awful browser. It took them years.
They had the chance to try and fix the story when the cutscenes were leaked and people hated it. They didn't.
They had the chance to either fix the game and make it interesting with each of the expansions or to not split the playerbase with mediocre ones. They didn't.

I feel nothing but resentment for it and Metzen and wish the game never was made.
I wanted a worthy successor to Broodwar, and it didn't achieve that in any way shape or form.
The franchise is dead.

Fun at the beginning, but sc1 was all about custom games and it just wasn't there in sc2 so I stopped playing and didn't bother with expansions.

just that alone pisses me off to no end. its a strategy game, not a fucking clicker. you should win because of your strategy, NOT BECAUSE YOU CAN CLICK FASTER. obviously micro should play a roll, but just beeing able to automate the building of unity, give build oders when you dont currently have the resources, that will be carried out when you do and having autocast for some abilites would level the playing field between people that practise 12 hours a day and someone whos just good at strategy games but didnt spend months to perfect his timings.
its like judging someones reading ability by how fast he can turn a page. i'll never understand why people like this game.

reminder that Starcraft/Brood War wasn't even close to balanced and map design, players learning how to into counterplay, and careful consideration by players about why this or that is strong was enough to keep upper-level players happy
etc etc

Not that i like SC2 but
TBH all three games together are about the same length as SC1 + Brood war. It doesnt feel short.
Agreed. LotV had the best story of all of them and it was just passable considering how WoL and HotS screwed everything up. Damn shame.

pathing, unit response, auto mining, control groups, smart cast etc

For the above reasons it is much less clicky. This is why a lot of people complain about the 1A aspect. TBH I think the supply cap should be dependent on the map size with smaller maps having a larger cap or no cap at all.

If you want something that doesn't involve reflexes, play a TBS.

Improving pathfinding and unit response doesn't necessarily make for a better game, you won't see any of these interesting micro tricks in games with near-perfect pathfinding.

I never said it made the game better i just mentioned things improved, all of which lead to less clicking required.

All the tricks of brood war required furious clicking.

Well, SC2 managed to kill the custom game scene from the start. Because they wanted to prevent another DotA from slipping from their grasp. No custom game = no reason to stay once you had your fill of the mediocre campaign

They also wanted all competition and multiplayer strictly under their thumb. Blizzard saw the immense success that KESPA earned for themselves with no support from Blizzard and decided they wanted to cash in on it.

Should I play sc1? Never played it.

Have you played WC3? SC1 is basically WC3 with faster gameplay and bigger armies so if you like one you'll probably like the other.

I dunno how well it holds up without nostalgiavision, but yes, you probably should give it a shot if you like rts.

Yes, the campaign and the story is absolutely worth it

I played CC:ZeroH . Will I like both games?

Went back and played it recently, it's still excellent
Early missions are a bit easy but for a new player it'd be great, cutscenes didn't hold up super well with notable exceptions
I would embed related but it's an amazing payoff and I'm not spoiling it
Intros/debriefs were better than I remembered, actually

Why yes, you'll fit right in with Starcraft 2.

I'm fairly certain this is what destroyed the will to git gud in me forever.

Yeah, I watched through them again not too long ago, that's mainly why I was hedging it.

90s 3d was a mistake and the end of fun live action cutscenes

oh god widow mines and early swarm hosts. Those were the days…

Blows my mind how obvious Blizzard was at sucking Terran's dick. Widow mines were cheap as fuck, and you could have them within a couple minutes. Swarm Hosts weren't as fucking offensive, but it was still a pain in the dick as a Protoss player to counter that bullshit.

That's a pretty big aside. The single player was really fun in the original and it felt like an afterthought in 2. Just felt like it was made by and for Koreans, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Hosts were so fast air could barely catch up to them. It was like playing with cheats.

I really had fun for a while but I'm just awful at RTS and couldn't tread water.

I think this summarizes what happened to SC2 and why. It's a shame.

oh boy
Arcturus' speech, carried by the speech itself and avoiding too much animation, zerg actually still look spooky. Enter the Overmind is ambient and deteriorated but not to the degree it should have, reminds me of how people enjoy shit like LSD for their spook factor. Exit the Overmind suffers the most out of the three, but you still get most of the feeling after going through the full campaign.

Hosts were some of the most retarded shit, and LotV was the ultimate cuckery for Protoss players. They didn't get shit in the expansion that was themed for fucking Protoss. Goddamn it still makes me so salty. I used to love Sc2.

):

Why do people like this shit company?

I think you mean

It is very much playable but it was stillborn.
Blizzard fucked up marketing and story but it doesn't mean it is unplayable. Game itself is solid RTS.

It also has the best community in any competitive multiplayer game.
Last time I played my opponent said sorry because he haven't played in a while and was bad for his league.

I fucking hate them.
They made good game and fucked it, e-sport scene and community on multiple occasions.

Because you don't.

You dont evn know me

ok, but half of those are improvements that are just a byproduct of using a new engine. it makes playing a bit less annoying, but in my opinion it doesnt go far enough.

true, but then they introduced shit like larva injections in wol, which basicly means that you have to keep another counter in your head click every base at the right time, otherwise youre fucked. creep spread is also much more annoying than before.

my problem is that you have to manualy perform actions that a computer could do just as well and much better. its like there is a layer of timers that you have to keep at the back of your head on top of the gameplay that is acutaly fun.

im not saying micro doesnt have its place in the game, im saying that the game is little more than micro at thsi point. even the part that is called macro is something you have to check on every few seconds if you want to compete anywhere above bronze league.

its an interessting point, but if you play both games you will probably not want to go back to broodwar because your unity act like fucking retards half of the time.

It was underwhelming from the start and only got worse with time. The reverse of Diablo 3, that was shit at first and then crawled up to mediocrity. Both would be completely forgotten within few months if they didn't have the Blizzard name and the hype.

I don't think this genre is for you in general, try out some TBT instead
point being is that the level of autonomy added in all the wrong places reduced micro and removed the incentive to learn what the fuck you're actively doing in the game, while things like larva seeding are just macro shitposting and pretending to be micro
timers and attentiveness have little to do with actual micromanagement and control
this is where human error and machine error coalesce and where you learn how to abuse the fuck out of it
making your units work right is like orchestrating a symphony and it's beautiful, and accomplishing total control is hugely rewarding
the extent of player progression in SC2 is
in summary:
In Starcraft, you work against structural limitations, and by learning that structure, you progress, and then you need to begin delivering upon the form you've developed. Everyone is doing this all the time and playing the same player twice could be night and day.
In Starcraft II, you learn to deliver on form others have developed, click gud, and then the game does the rest for you. The developers have made plenty of distractions to keep you from realizing how much more shallow the rest of the game is. Playing the same player twice will go the same way as long as you know how to counterbuild the most popular cheeses and "strats".

It was fun until I got good, then everything online just became micro strategy, and I lost every match because I can't dance for shit.

High levels looked like it was all about fast macro, and micro was just for a minor advantage, but the level I was, I always macrod better and lost to dances and shit.

Total Annihiliation is still the high point of RTS for me. I never played Supreme Commanader, but Planetary Annihilation was fucking dildos.

Huh? I know the campaign story was terrible but I'm still having fun playing custom games and online matches.

The campaign was fun too with the upgradable units.

so what you are saying is that zerg is annoying as fuck to play as? tru

Just checked and the active population right now (near non KR peak hours) is 1/20th of what is was on BW, also almost every single UMS I see being played right now was made during WoL or near the start of HoTS
christ

The multiplayer meta is old, shit and boring.

it is, im just more of a supreme commander guy i guess. honestly i would play much more starcraft if you could simply order your production building to produce units as soon as resources are available instead of having to check your production every few seconds. that is admittetly something that was improved alot from starcraft 1 but i would want it to go a step further.

thats one way to look at it, but i just dont see why i should play a game of hit the button at the right time while also trying to play a strategy game. zerg are by far the worst when it comes to this, while protoss are pretty playable.

its not attentiveness, its just timers. attentiveness is checking your minimap for enemy drops, managing your production is a matter of clicking the right button at the right time.

again, thats one way to look at it, but as i see it its just metagaming against the computer while also trying to beat the real opponent.
flanking the enemy army or crushing it with a well timed pincer attack is what i find rewarding in strategy games. not making sure that the units actualy find their way to the battle in time.

you basicly described why i hate the game in four lines.

its actualy surprising how much you can do when you just engage in an optimal way. ive seen tons of games where the players macro perfectly and basicly just a click their armies outside of a bit of fancy splitting/siegetank/mutalisk micro. but its always amazing when you see a player who actualy employs strategy that goes beyond what units he builds. its amazing how rarely you see player do flank manovers, force their opponent into chokes or set traps, when that is the actual "strategy" part of the game.

in closing i would say that you are right about almost everything you say about starcraft 2. and while i can appreciate how it could appeal to someone i just find it tedious and pointless.

Wew, another thread about Shitcraft 2.
Guess the shills work overtime in preperation for blizzcon.

A lesson in how to fuck a game by introducing a single unit.

It wasn't just Swarm Hosts. The whole idea that zerg is somehow all about spamming temporary free units was one of the biggest design fuck ups in the game. Remember WoL Brood Lords?

Yes, but while wol broodlords were borderline broken they didnt annoy me nearly as much as swarmhosts. locusts were fucking tanks that could 1v1 every fucking base unit. and swarmhosts werent even endgame shit that almost no one ever gets to use, they completely dominated the game if you didnt manage to cheese your opponent before entering midgame.

Blizz doesn't want to push sc2 anymore they just want it to die. Stay salty about Overwatch, though.

They've just been putting out characters and maps for co-op and a mini-campaign following Nova. I think they just don't bother advertising any of the shit they do for it because they realized these kinds of things are only small additions people who already love the game will care about and won't pull in any new players.

Literally everything is wrong about the Koreans you fuck.

does anyone else think wings of liberty was one of the best rts campaigns ever made?
each mission felt unique and usually emphasized the introduction of a new unit. Nice variety of environmental hazard mechanics. Brutal felt difficult but fair. The skirmish ai felt fair too but was ultimately useless to the online communities cheese tactics.

Multiplayer could have been fun with more interesting map design. Customs could have been great if they didnt turn into assfaggots.

The story was retarded in many places but other than that it was pretty cool.

I just miss the 2010-2012 era of esports. SC2 isn't fun but it is the most entertaining spectator sport of modern esports. Shame it's dead.

story was very retarded but they usually never make sense in rts anyway if you consider c&c
i dont usually regard the story in a videogame anyway but heart of the swarm made me groan about all the bullshit

You don't like the things that made Starcraft/Brood War work for a lot of people, and I was explaining why they lost that audience especially.
Speeds of play vary between race for this reason, and the adrenaline-fuel intricate zerg game isn't the only option. Generally, though, I'm getting a different vibe compared to what I initially got from
Queues exist to mitigate this a bit, doubly so in Starcraft II. Zerg are manual, but most of the time when you decide to make units it should be very deliberate. Starcraft II actually hurt a bit, too, by shifting towards the pseudo tactics of a Queen shitting creep and spamming larva over the old Queen or defilers, totally agree here.
That was the entirety of Brood War gameplay over D, and I'm criticizing Starcraft II for that reason.

getting real weird actually, I wonder if it's a chain of attention
I genuinely feel like people forgot Blizzard made games other than Overwatch for a bit there
very little Hearthstone/Diablo shitposting until now, too

WoL was better than HoTS in almost every way, didn't bother with LoTV. The environment shit was fun, but it was pretty easy overall, and
of course, bit short too. Without difficulty and good story, though, there was no reason to replay any of the missions for me, no matter how many shitty achievements they pumped out.

So the general consensus here is that the story was Fucking awful.

I basically dropped it after the first xpac and despite buying the second never really got back into it.

What exactly is wrong with the story?

I know Kerrigan becomes xel naga and she and Raynor go fuck off somewhere kinda maybe… probably.

It's Warcraft but worse.

Luckily, someone once wrote up a massive post about everything that was wrong in SC2's story and someone else with good foresight saved it.

It would have been slightly better than mediocre if they didn't assrape their custom games scene and encouraged interesting play instead of spamming cheese builds on ladder.

It's even worse if you played through the HOTS campaign the first time. Massive assrape of lore in real-time.

That broodmother storyline was just dropped completely.

And Raynor showing up in the final mission is just fucking annoying. He can't even defend himself, although it makes sense considering he couldn't defend the artifact from Mengsk even with an entire anti-zerg army surrounding it.

The Starcraft debriefings were much better then Wings of Liberty, for starters Raynor isn't a whiny little bitch. And reading your post I get the vibes SCII is your first RTS.

o god I want to play this game now.

Anyone know where I can download it fully updated and everything? I have the game, I just don't want to create an account for b.net just to update it. I remember there are some annoying bugs with an un-updated version of the game.

red alert 2 was my first rts
i get some vibes from you too m8

The story for SC2 is fucking painful.

In relation to each other, Wings of Liberty is by far the fucking best because it at least stays consistent and nothing TOO fucking retarded or crazy happens.

Heart of The Swarm picks up where Wings of Liberty left off and is like a fucking retcon of the ending and puts Kerrigan back in power of the swarm except now she's a good guy.
Fucking
Retarded.
Oh and there are "Primal Zerg" or some shit which completely assrapes the lore of what was established in SC1. I guess they figured nobody would remember or even have the fucking SC1 manual that described the origins of the Zerg.
Basically, Heart of The Swarm is a big fucking case of ending Wings of Liberty the way they did without knowing what the fuck to do for the next game.

The protoss expansion story STARTS promising but soon devolves into some retarded plot about alien mind. There is suddenly a third SUPER AWESOME Protoss faction that comes from out of fucking nowhere.

Jesus fuck the whole god damn game, all three parts, feels like it was ripped from somebody's shitty fan-fiction.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't the case. If the hacks that slapped that fraud fucking story together actually pulled it from some shitty fanfics.

I remember first hearing about the korean obsession with Starcraft in the early 2000s, when to me the game was already a relic of the past (I had modded it to hell).

I thought: "sports should be the normalfag domain, it makes games into the means and not the end. Gooks are a collectivist society like insects."

And on the subject of Kerrigan
This bitch does not give me the impression that she is ever in control of the Swarm or that she has any real authority.

The entire fucking story of HOTS she has to issue threats, repeatedly, to her subordinates just to get them to do as she wishes.
When that happens, it doesn't give a sense of authority or power it gives a sense of someone small that got their hands on some powerful weapon. Like the sort of faggot who becomes confrontational because they're carrying a gun.

You know, now that I think about it, there are two main problems with the SC2 story.
1) The Xel Naga as a literal evil demon paranormal race instead of a collective of cold and emotionless scientists who just view themselves as above other life forms.
2) The importance of Kerrigan.

Except for the ending I really enjoyed Wings of Liberty, I especially loved the amount of units you got in the campaign, that was cool as all fuck, too bad you didn't get dick all in Heart of the Swarm, fuck Heart of the Swarm.

most of this is accurate, but the Tal'Darim appeared several times in all the campaigns prior to Alarak's missions, they didn't come out of nowhere

Maybe he's talking about the robots.

Heart of The Swarm's gameplay suffered for the same reason Heart of The Swarm and to a greater extent the entire story of SC2 did.
The importance of Kerrigan.

There is barely a fucking campaign mission where you are NOT in control of Kerrigan and the mission's success pretty much hinges on how well you can micro-manage her.

In the campaign missions, she's not a unit that could be used to support your army.
No no.
Your army is there to support HER.
Just like the story. Her her her. All about her.

I'm probably coming off as some angry friendzoned neckbeard or some shit but god damn it is just so blatant.
It is LIGHTNING levels of waifu wank by the people in charge.

So basically you improve the SC2 story if they just killed off Kerrigan at the end of WoL.

Definitely true. Tychus should have just offed the bitch and then maybe Raynor would have actually grown his balls back.

Third faction only seems to show up in SC2. I don't remember them at all or even mentioned in SC1 or brood war.

The robots are not a huge problem but the plotline of robot Fenix is fucking retarded because it is god damn just dropped and nothing really comes of it from what it seems.
I didn't finish the protoss campaign yet. I had to stop when the whole thing was starting to get hypercharged into retardation.

I don't think it's as bad as you say but I get what you mean on a different level. Starcraft 1 was all about just the real time strategy element and only a few missions involved hero units, Wings of liberty only gave you characters for special missions. Heart of the Swarm comes along gives you this same hero unit for every map and then has to balance the gameplay around that, Oh and then they give you the worst fucking section of the series where you go to the Zerg homeworld and control only Kerrigan until the last mission.

It doesn't get any better. The final mission is just the WoL final mission with the added bonus of three whining Raynor faggots who can't do anything.

Either Raynor or Kerrigan should have died.
Likely both.
But none of them ever did because of creator waifuwank (Raynor can be seen as a self insert) and because they were too afraid to piss off the fans.

WoL should have ended with Tychus killing Raynor and Kerrigan.
Kerrigan because she's a fucking monster and Raynor because he's lost his fucking mind and tries to stop him.
Mengsk should have then released Tychus as he said he would.
This sets the stage for Tychus to either fuck off somewhere else out of the story (like a mad max folk hero) and let that second in command guy take over Raynor's forces.
Or have Tychus take over. Or maybe just have him come back later on trying to get revenge on Mengsk because everyone seems motivated by that shit anyway.

The other thing that nagged at me is the tutorial nature of a good amount of missions. Like the campaign existed to teach you how to use and micro-manage these units for the multiplayer.

I play heptacraft. It has 7 factions, is still being balanced and only requires starter edition of starcraft 2 to play. It's an improvement.

I gotta agree with this. WoL is a mess compared to BW but it's not bad as it's own thing, plus there are some nice gimmicky missions, new characters, branching upgrades and the Hyperion stuff wasn't bad either. Story-wise it's all over the place but I still kinda liked it aside from some plot holes.
HotS on the other hand goes full retard almost immediately, haven't touched LoV.

Another bit of ranting;

if they HAD to have the Xel Naga in Starcraft why couldn't they have been a playable race?
They could have been something that were super high-tech like the Protoss but would unleash genetically modified creatures as their weapons.

Hit reply too early.
But yeah, their storyline didn't need to be HURRDURR GONNA BLOW UP THE GALAXY.
It could have just been them looking to go further with their experiments with the protoss and the zerg.
They could have wanted to merge the two races to make something completely new.
The Protoss would definitely not want that and while it was sort of the dream of the Overmind to take the protoss into the fold, what the Xel Naga would have planned would have destroyed the zerg forever as well so they don't want that.

And of course the humans, like always, caught in the middle of this interstellar planetary dispute. With the Xel-Naga wanting to "uplift" humanity and, well, space rednecks don't take too kindly to that sort of thing.

Aren't most missions somewhat tutorial like anyway since you are constantly getting new units and the game has to teach you how to use the new units you've gained, I remember this all through Starcraft, although less in the expansion.

You ever play Rome Total War or Medieval 2 Total war? If you enjoy flanking and tactics that's probably worth trying. Just make sure you get the Darth Mod to fix Medieval 2.

Raynor and Kerrigan should have died, and the Zerg Campaign should have been about you playing as an actual Zerg in the competition to create the new 'Overmind' or equivalent thereof.

Because they're the guys who seeded life in the backstory then in SCII the hack writers brought them to the forefront instead of Duran's race being the new antagonists. The Protoss are pretty much made to resemble Xel'Naga by the Xel'Naga hence "purity of Form". The Zerg are "purity of Essence" instead.

Oh and here, have the summary of the last piece of SCII.

Daily reminder that Koreans are subhuman barbarians who had to be civilized by Chinese and Japanese swords

So they basically just ripped off the Ur-Quan from Star Control (Along with everything else).

That's a tendency I noticed in jewzzard and other games - instead of telling player the story, telling about the world, setting up atmosphere, let player find the details that make up that story, instead that the modern games shove it into your face, and what's even worse it's done via those "important" figures like kerrigan, you watch them like you watch some overpriced actor in movies and everyone knows how "good" modern movies are, boring, bland and I-DONT-GIVE-A-FUCK-ABOUT-IT interesting. But it's probably cheap, easy and casuls eat shit anyway acceptable.

I actually haven't been back to LoV since it came out. Maybe they've fixed it all up. Not in story but the game itself might have more to offer in terms of play modes.
I mean, they seemed to have fixed the steaming pile that Diablo 3 was when it first came out.

BTW, protip for people who play PC games and like to get physical copies. Try looking around your local gamestops. Its mostly console players at gamestop and often times PC games will sit on the shelves and collect dust. Even special/collector's edition shit. I've got a few things at half price or even more simply because they needed to move it off the shelf.

Well i'm not so sure about that…but her importance is way overblown and it actually reminds me of the Star Wars prequel trilogy. Where the importance of the man who is to become Darth Vader is far too fucking overblown.
And much like how the jedi went from some sort of mystic knights in the first 3 movies to some sort of weird warrior monk order in the prequel trilogy;
You have the zerg going from an all-consuming species bent on absorbing, evolving, and expanding to a literal DINDU NUFFIN that was just misunderstood.

Fuck, I bet the they were even going to go to college.

Yep, pretty much.

The only thing blizzard can seem to do right these days is make fap bait.

Much like Capcom.

Yup. I also fucking love their excuse.
so fucking what? are your gameplay programmers and designers the same people that write the story? do they have to decide on which to spend their time? obviously not, you just hired complete fucking retards for your story.
what a waste of perfectly good cgi.

oh and the downfall started in wol already.
the motivation of the main character is just horseshit.

Man, so much wasted talent at blizzard, everyone involved in the art departments (or whatever they are called throughout the company for the various projects they do) need to go elsewhere and make movies or something.

Always thought the medic was based on pic related

So WoL with HotS (no LotV) will work? I haven't touched my SC2 in years.

I fucking hate you protoss for that. Putting pylons in my main and then spawn zealots.

I bought SC2 WoL & HotS together so I was used at the start to these units since I started directly from HotS. Then came LotV and I had to adapt all my build order to the new fast style since you start now with 12 SCV instead of 8. The new units in LotD aren't that bad but I hate the adept and the ravager. They always fuck my shit up.
Storywise gameplay WoL and LotV were the best since WoL had a good story and LotV too, whereas HotS was basically a tutorial for the Zerg Race and every Mission started with a hatchery. Remember in Wings of Liberty the mission where you had to free the spectres from the prison or the last mission. The new commander mode with the unique commanders in pretty neat.

increase of workers each expansion
lack of understanding of your ladder rank
mmr being hidden for a long ass time
and speed increase

its only around because of esports but its what also killed it

archive.is/uXfHp
pcgamesn.com/starcraft-brood-war/hd-remake-starcraft-blizzard

so this is supposed to be the new thing that they are announcing at billzcon.

when did things go so wrong, or right?

StarCraft 2 single player campaign is an abomination.

CUT IN THREE.

If you ever need an example of how fucking shit the games industry has become look no further. StarCraft was the first game I bought. Thanks for raping my childhood Blizzard.

Good I hate those.

No. No it did not.
Maybe nice presented, but a far cry from good.

Which of the 3 parts was the worst would you say?

Isn't she kinda deprogrammed there and thats why it's different?

And it was still somehow better than the other two.

Obligatory

Hold the fucking phone, Stukov somehow comes back as infested? Even considering the scale of idiocy that's going on, that still seems dumb as shit.

I agree. I don't even mind Overwatch since it created such vast quantities of Widowmaker porn. Also damn, that Nova. She looked pretty bad in Wings of Liberty, so I lost all hope of her being attractive again anywhere.

He's one of the better parts of the Zerg campaign since he actually talks and isn't just another Zerg unit with predictable dialogue about the swarm and an exaggerated way of speaking.

It was actually a thing in the N64 version of the original Star Craft, not a thing SC2 invented. It had exclusive missions that were apparently canon.

Literally just show up and says "I see you're zerg. I'm pretty zerg myself."
That said, I don't think we'll ever have a slowpoke slow enough for this. Infested stukov was spoiled by accident like a decade before release.

user! Wasn't there supposed to be a third game expansion pak to be released since last year?

HotS BY FAR

And WoL, LotV were pretty terrible in their own right.

Nothing compares to how stupid and shitty HotS was. Before it released I thought I'd be able to ravage protoss and terran world and there would be a choice between them -> get extra units and abilities

Instead its some bullshit about primal zerg. What the actual fuck.

why is anyone even caring about story in SC so much
thats like caring about lore of counter strike

yeah its not so great but what, in starcraft the campaign is just a bonus to the multiplayer aspect of the game

Yes, that works. There's a semi-active community, occasional tournaments and a discord chat. Balancing still ongoing and there's people of all levels of play. It's good shit, though some of the teams are a bit weird to adjust to.

It was in a custom map released by Blizzard on PC too.

because it was good and now it's not, the SP was the focus and now it's not, and we can't quite talk about UMS now, can we?