Fighting Game General: SNK, SEGA and Capcom/Arika wastes their best designs Edition

Urien is out (he can remove his clothes during the intro). Stage transitions, new RQ system and Daily challenges coming with the update. You can buy colors with FM or DLC.
Mystery costume is a special one for Necalli. CPT DLC will be removed from the store in November.
On the PC version, Capcom included a file to access the PC at the kernel level. The driver created a back door which can allow a non-privileged user to run code with permissions of the kernel. Already removed with the latest update.

Definitive Edition is out! Patch notes: ultra-combo.com/3-4-patch-notes/

New patch coming in October with balance update, new RQ penalty and some bug fixes.
Costume DLC in consideration. New characters still in discussion.
No plans for a new game yet. Many developers want their favorite title to be the new project.

Mai Shiranui was released. She costs $7.99($15.99 with more costumes) on the PSstore, Microsoft Store and Steam
DOA5LR KOF Mashup Costume Set is $13.99 with individual costumes for $2.99 each.
f2p version appeared on SteamDB

OP is out: youtube.com/watch?v=WsQor9ZKVSA
The game will be released on October 6th in Japan, Winter 2016/2017 in USA.
If you preorder the japanese version, you'll get a demo with arcade, training, VS and Network mode.

System and character balance update announced for the arcade version: avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2016/9/14/tekken-7-fr-arcade-online-update-version-d-balance-changelis.html
New trailer from TGS: youtube.com/watch?v=b2pv95-YIbQ

Netcode patch and Kombat Pack 2 were tested on the Steam version. Expected to be released on October, 4.
store.steampowered.com/app/524620/

EVO Japan will happen in January 2018.

VF5FS added to Xbox One's backwards compatibility list.
The game will be playable as one of the extra games of Yakuza6 on the PS4.

SNK Producer Yasuyuki Oda is aware of what the western fans wants as what SNK's next title should be: twitter.com/snk_oda/status/774496892457668609
Garou sequel would feature characters like Gato's father, a female disciple of Joe Higashi and a boxer who would be Rock's new caretaker and Kain's ally. mmcafe.com/news/posts/10217.html

Combat Core was released. No more on Early Access: store.steampowered.com/app/405670/

Last Fight also released: store.steampowered.com/app/443450/

Download and register for Fightcade here:
fightcade.com/

Get the full rompack over here:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0

Guilty Gear Crash Course:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH

>Previous thread: archive.is/B4MES

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FE5J6LXk4ZI
twitter.com/sie_kensou77/status/779529573809557504
twitch.tv/madkof_kof/v/90910885
mmcafe.com/news/posts/10217.html
archive.is/RGQwt
steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/0/343787283754578363/
seraphyx.wordpress.com/2016/09/19/how-dlc-increases-player-counts-a-look-into-street-fighter-v/.
onanimstudio.itch.io/trajes-fatais-minimal-beta1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mains template. Use it to post your mains.
I really need to update mine
And I'm impressed with the other guy who posted the full version >>10771755

So it's safe to say SFV is on the same tier as DOA now right?

No.

So you are saying doa is complete shit?

We really need a list of everything that went wrong with SFV since its release or even earlier. I think it's the only fighter that had some kind of fuck up or drama at least once a month.

I'm saying there's only one reason to pay attention to DoA

I like this thread

Please don't insult DOA

Why do people still defend SFIV?

everything in this game is shallower compared to other SF titles except for combos which are bordering on melee-levels of retardedly input-intensive
the whole game gives a feeling of "boy we're SFII's awkward child who is trying to live up to our parents legacy. Here, have this last boss who is an empty clone of SFII's final boss and operates a husk of the company that SFII's boss made. WE'RE NOT PROJECTING OR ANYTHING! Have this weird semi-parody of Bob from Tekken while we're here! Remember Dan from Alpha? Wasn't Dan goofy???"
Yea, I enjoyed SFIV in it's time, but fuck did it feel like they were grasping at straws conceptually compared to how Balls-out SFIII's shifts were. (I know this is probably because SFIII wasn't a hit initially for it's weirdness and that they probably wanted to kick off a new fighter by harking back to the star entry of the franchise, but still.)

The fact that it's the closest thing to a new VF that we'll ever get?

SFV just patched, rootkit and shit are gone

dunno if you dudes knew, just figured it's worth a mention. no longer requests admin privileges.

You truly understand user

I'll probably update this soon.

Stop reminding me.

Are there any Virtua Fighter games on pc worth playing?

Only 1 and 2 have actual PC ports.

Just emulate VF4:Evolution or VF2 and pray sega one day blesses us with a VF5:FS PC port.

But DOA5LR is fun

Well, I mentioned in the OP.

Also from the last thread:
The game was far from being complete in February:
>Stage transitions only added now but every stage already had the animations and pre-defined areas since the release: youtube.com/watch?v=FE5J6LXk4ZI (note: Hillside Plaza has a second area like the chinese stage and NY not yet implemented/finished still)

I can nitpick over the DLC characters being bad because Capcom wanted to be "safe" with balance but they're just afraid of quickly fixing stuff like NRS and ArcSys did with their games.

You can say the state the game is now is probably their vision of the game aka vanilla. Even the new anti-hack measure on the PC version.

I disagree on the footsies being "non-street fighter" but FADC and invincible backdashes made the game really defensive. 1-frame links and Ultra making Super useless was awful. OSes I would say is case by case but most were retarded.
I have no problem with the lenght of the combos but most did shit damage for a ton of work. SFV is also not a high damage game aside from that earlier builds before the beta.
Newcomers, I just didn't really like El Fuerte and Hakan. Seth was lazy but Gill was just a tech demo and SFV has no boss other than a half-assed Bison so Street Fighter is not really know by its bosses other than Akuma and Bison in the SFII-era.

Basically, FA as a nerfed parry and extending combos are fine(it should autodash like the recent KOFs though) but for cancel moves on block or whiff is bad.

And please a full arcade port not a botched one because of XboxLive size limitations

Just give me Quest Mode back and I'd be happy. That mode was probably one of the best single player content I've ever experienced in a fighting game.

SFIV's overextended and input-heavy combos are the biggest reason I stopped playing the game. I wanted to play a game where my footsies and fundamentals could shine, not where getting a 20 second max damage combo out of every hit was necessary to succeed.

The footsies are definitely non street fighter because street fighter centers itself around footsies and the neutral. anything that causes that to be shallower or play differently is distinctly not street fighter.

anyways, I prefer the gameplay of V far to that of IV and I find it to be arguably as good as Third Strike's or better (and I'm expecting a bunch of 3S drones to roast me right about now for speaking such disgusting words about their god-like fighter)

And people wonder why fighting games have gone downhill.

Third Strike is a meme game made popular by the EVO moment 37. Garou: Mark of the Wolves is the better game.

pic related, i pretty much agree with everything said here

Why does Capcom even still exist

I'd give almost anything for at least one person near me to not suck Marvel dick and play something else for a change.

Might as post mine, since I never bothered to make it for ages.

Might as well*

How low will capcom go?

Don't worry friends, your wishes and desires will be fulfilled soon enough.

Damage scaling makes combos have diminishing returns
Focus & ultra are good ideas badly executed in sf4.

SFIV combos bothered me more that those 20 second combos did like 30%~40% damage at most. SFV having combos using crush counter + v-trigger + super dealing 60% are the same thing to me.

Only played SFV twice at a friend's house and found the game just "off" maybe 8 frames? Weird jump? Dunno. None of the characters interest me (it had Guile and Alex), v-skill is just a gimmick for a move that fills the v-bar with command shared between the roster(that not every character can really take advantage) and v-trigger sometimes looks good as a super mode and sometimes feels like the character is just restricted because capcom/dimps thought the balance would be better by limiting a character tool instead of balancing said tool.
The game also favors too much rushdown style of play in a way that zoning is at the same level as 3rdStrike, jump-ins are almost at same level of retarded as KOFXIII and defensive play is almost non-existance.

Honestly, I think 3rdStrike is the only Street Fighter that I liked well, ST is fun but I'm really bad at it and when I was a kid, I would rather play UMK3 on my cousin's SNES and I heartfully disagree with that only complains about the parry mechanic not touching on its problems (nullify fullscreen zoning and other stuff) makes up stuff like saying poking is not valid and says bullshit like the cast fights at the same distance, citing CvS2 P-groove for some reason, and character variety is negated by parry like if Ibuki, Makoto, Yun and Chun-Li played the same And I can't really say the same about Ryu, Nash, Cammy and Necalli in SFV. And what actually do is give character tools and a layer to the player think during the match. I know Ryu's parry in SFV is dumbed down(way more lenient but without the same advantages) but you don't see him broken or neutering playstyle BECAUSE of the parry.
Watching Coop-cup makes me feel really bad about Ibuki in V being almost a complete different character that embraces "long combos and no damage" with a bomb gimmick

Also, I really like Garou but, as 3rdStrike, is broken on its own way (fuck the throw bug and I know they won't fix it on the PSN release because lolCodeMystics).

Pray for Yakuza6 bring people to VF5FS and make SEGA do a new one or at least make a PC version with decent online.

You keep saying that but SEGA only cares about Sonic and a few other games like Yakuza.

i feel like SFV's diminishing returns and damage scaling are a lot more fair and reasonable though. you still get enough additional damage to tack on to make it worth going for max damage but it doesnt necessitate it like USFIV does. it allows you some freedom to go for easier combos if you're not confident you'll land the whole thing. Just as well, with the way SFV characters are designed, 80+% damage combos would be super polarizing and make characters who dont have good combos even worse, E.G. Birdie, Zangief, and Alex. damage scaling is necessary for low-input characters and grapplers to be able to succeed.

pics related

Street Fighter x Tekken had a lot of shit about it that went on and on, Capcom just can't be trusted anymore

forgot to edit fang outta the small list

Usf4 needed one patch
SFV is a F35 jet level snafu; let's start afresh with new everything and discard all lessons learnt. What could possibly go wrong?

You could play entire matches doing just that, they weren't necessary. Alex Valle never learned Ryu's dp FADC ultra for example (dp FADC dp lol).
Footsie based gameplay in V is immensely inferior by comparison too. Why try to counterpoke at a shortened range for low damage when you can crossup and most likely win out because aa's are shit and the risk/reward is in your favour.. That and pokes are incredibly slow so that if you put your limb out you won't have enough time to aa.

Also this
It has is great animation.

Proof? I am crap but still manage to do that
cr mp, cr hk more than twice in a row is beyond me tho

Thoughts?

twitter.com/sie_kensou77/status/779529573809557504

It's a bit untrue for me to say that he never learned, he did it occasionally. I remember people calling dp into dp the Valle special though.

They outsourced programming to China where bootlegger sneaked in a rootkit

It's a nice Mai drawing.

Dude do you know how bad it gets here where I live? If it's not something made by Capcom/SNK and if it isn't Tekken or DoA (kinda surprised people here play this seriously and don't just beat off to it) then in most cases it might as well have never existed. I've actually met only one other person in my country who even knew what Virtua Fighter is and knew how to play.

pic related

The fact that people don't know what VF is saddens me.
Pic very related.

Hol Horse is love, Hol Horse is life

Truly a character for the enlightened man.
In my hypothetical fighting game that I'll never actually make, I have a character inspired by Hol's playstyle.

Yo babe

Fuck you Dead or Alive is a fucking great series.

What us up with that twatter font?

Remember when capcom thought Red Focus & Delayed wake-up would make zoners too good?

Remember when Capcom thought zoners being able to zone would make zoners too good?

Because it was their first Street Fighter or their first fighting game even. That is all. SF4 is one of the worst of the series.

Alpha 2 is still the best SF, SF3 is really good and SFV has the potential to be better tahn SF3, however even if it has the potential Capcom seems to, after reaching the ground for throwing themselves, dig deeper and deeper just to see where they can reach.

Is May the most popular GGxrd character on Holla Forums? It seems she is always on people's main lists.

She is the best, either way. Air throws all day.

Excuse me? Last time I checked DOA has an actual arcade mode.

It's SF2:CE :P

Agreed that SF4 aped sf2 too much though
I liked the technology and engine of sf3 but hate that it killed zoning

Did Tecmo censor their girls? Raped it's older character designs?

Because Elpheet is 2weeb, Rami is for weeb edgelords, and May also happens to be a loli

Probably. ever played those free MMO's from the chinks or koreans? they also install such shitty software for "protection"

Isn't Just Defense just a safer Parry?

no, i ve been thinking that if DoA just had a breaker ala MK where you only get to break once or twice at most per match, it would be way better, this applies to any game where you can do a 50% combo into a reset or another mixup,

It does. They're called critical holds.

OP is a gentleman of patrician taste.

Anywho, pardon the stupid question but how do you deal with fireball spam/pressure in KoF XIV with a character that has no projectiles?
It seems like the only thing to do is go in with a extremely well timed dash jump. If I time the jump poorly, at best the opponent will block or back away but mostly, I get anti-aired and if I try to run in and evade through, I'll get grabbed during that or hit immediately after.
I've seen JuiceBox's tutorial video and it seems like the preferable placement is midscreen and options are - predict and punish or block to build meter (more nuanced, of course, because of projectile speeds and recovery).

Been trying to be persistent with the game but I honestly feel like I'm at the end of my tether. I'm not expecting to git gud in a couple of hundred matches but I feel like the only thing that has changed since I started is that I don't yolo super anymore.
Also got no team. Can't do shit with either Hein and Antonov (the later might be genuinely low tier) so I need to play other characters to ease my way into the game. Settled on Mature but still need a third (tried Mai but all attempts ended very poorly and I'm not good enough for Mian).

Jesus chirst I should have read the manual sooner. Can CPUs do it?

This isn't really a problem in DoA because few hits are natural launchers in most cases and most have to do a crit stun before you can launch with most hits, after you get lvl1 stunned you can break out of it if you guess and parry your opponent's next hit correctly.

This was a much bigger problem in Tekken when they introduced that stupid bound system where you could make 50% combos with some chars without the tight timing you had to master in Dark Resurrection for example.

Fair point. I'd like to think it's just because she is so much fun to play, though. Like all charge characters.

She has rewarding set ups and isn't completely terrible, too.

Well, aside from walking and defend? Try attacking during the jump to avoid the fireball. Watch another video from the guy for Angel (he forgot about her).
For characters, look at MadKof on his channel, he's been known as the Random Select King: twitch.tv/madkof_kof/v/90910885

backup attacks?

I don't think Guile, Vega and Balrog are fun(but Decapre actually is). I never played Guilty Gear before Xrd but May is just really fun and I can understand what is going on. Can't say the same about Chip, Bedman and others that I tried.

I want to reply to other guys but maybe later

Is Stick vs. Pad only preference?
It seems like having access to buttons on lots of different fingers individually and more precise directions would give major benefit.

You're probably the same user who posted the webm of Luong doing jump attack to avoid Bob's fireball, right?
Well, I'm definitely the one always asking the same stupid questions to which I apologize profusely. Any tips for Luong? :^)

Incidentally, while glancing the video for Luong footage I've noticed the chat brought up the fact that Japanese/Chinese players are putting her on A+/A rank as in the tier list I mentioned in the last thread. I still wonder what the hell makes her rank so high. It's not like her C+D alone is carrying me through. Almost everything else she does seems pretty unsafe and will trade at best. Admittedly, I need to start using MAX mode more often, especially to keep pressure but I usually play on Party Mode so I leave the meter for the next player.
Also some random talk about the October update but I haven't read any balance changes besides nerfing Pet Shop. A scrubby thing to say but I hope they go through with adding a little more input leniency; playing this with the DS4 is not easy.

Well then SFV sure as fuck wasn't the right pick for that considering the state it's in.

I'm not all that familiar with the Alpha series, what makes 2 better than 3? I know the custom combo system in 3 was broken but wasn't that also in 2? Isn't 2 just 3 but with less characters?

The custom combo in 3 were broken, in 2 it wasn't. Also in 3 everyone starts with max super.

To compare them like that is really understating the issue. They were a very powerful part of the game in 2, but not broken, just better than supers in most circumstances. In A3 you can do 80% damage as soon as the round starts or even set up an infinite.

A3 also has loads of weird/unintuitive things in it like air recovery conditions (the reason it has infinites in the first place), projectile damage decay, and the blue/red blocking/counterhit shit which I still can't understand without looking it up.

The aforementioned upper tier list if anyone's curious:
[SS] K '. Nakoruru
[S] Kim. Leona. Athena. Robert. Mature. Mai. Benimaru. Zarina
[A +] Geese. Verse. Love Heart
[A] Iori. Chin. Shun'ei. Dinosaur. Mian. Luong. Kukri

Probably not an important factor to most but IMHO A2 has the best stages and A2G the best OST in the series.

muh
It's a shame that'll probably change before I'll have a chance to play the game

Thanks. also:

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT. The whole point of supers was that you fucking earned them, it's part of the reason why I hated Ultras so much since it was essentially the game rewarding you for sucking at it.

Pic related. Why is it that every other method of dealing with fireballs is fine, yet the bird is so hated?

You shouldn't be tossing out full screen fireball supers anyway.

Damn, I remember when the demo rolled in and everyone was saying he was gonna be trash tier.

It is kinda silly when it can gobble up stuff like Sylvie's Lv3.
That said, the bird cling which is arguably the most stupid thing about Nakoruru is being largely ignored.

I think the bigger question is why is Johnny such a loli fan?

It's always really nice when a character I like visually and personality wise doesn't end up bottom tier.

The sledge nerf Tager got during CS made me drop that shit. That was the first time in my life I was legit salty over an update of any kind.

When you're knocked down/grabbed by opponent and when nobody on your team has been eliminated/they are in view of your character; you can press LP+HP+LK to get one of your teammates jump into the fight briefly.

even the most broken battered housewife could never honestly believe this, could they?

Unfortunately they exist.

(checked)

I have already seen apologism and praise for the fact they got rid of their fucking rootkit in a day's time, like the fact they implemented it in the first place is suddenly completely forgotten and forgiven. So yes, these people absolutely exist.

Sony has a flash sale on GGXrdRev and Nitro+. For GG is there any difference between the PS3 or PS4 version?

Outside of some graphic fidelity and the option to change camera angles during replays, no. You're getting the same game PS4 players are getting.

I need you Felicia

Do you think it can ever rise again?

Yes. It pretty much comes down to what you started with.

Just look at the armor he got.

Oh, that stuff. 98UM(FE) had some pretty weird and neat things.

Yeah, that was me. But sorry, I didn't keep up with the recent tournaments. Saw a bunch of Robert and K' lately. Try WNF vods and asian tournaments if they really find Luong that good. If you find anything about Verse, please post

About the leniency, they'll tweak. I don't know if it'll be for the good or the bad: mmcafe.com/news/posts/10217.html

She also has really safe pressure that I don't know if the devs will tweak.

It's really about preference if the developer did a good job that's not the case of SFIV and p-linking.

So, you guys have WakuWaku7 tournaments? But it's weird not having any animefighter scene like Blazblue, GG or other poverty fighters.

I think the opposite about SFV. The characters being limited lead to having an optimal combo and I saw many matches trying to fish for that first hit of said combo be it a jump in or a crush counter. Even V-trigger cancelling just do the same one combo every time. And instead of having characters with good combos and others without it, why not balance the game around that aspect?
Not in KOF, Tager in CP, pre-Xrd Potemkin and many other games.

Tager is really good in CPEX. Don't know about CF.

They also changed his speed along other stuff. But there's no way he's better than Daimon.

Postin

Frame rate, better loading times, and better detail on backgrounds and such for the PS4 version mostly. However, there may be a bit more lag for online matches between PS3 and PS4 players since online is cross platform. Other than that not much else in difference.

This is considered a 4-5 connection according to SFV.

This is acceptable when we're almost in 2017.

Sounds to me that he lag switched and that you suck for being super bronze with an incredibles reference

IT'S 2016 GUYS
IT'S ALMOST 2017 GUYS

It wouldn't accept the handle I go by on every other fucking game, so I could only think of the one I used when I was 12

The [current year] argument is completely valid for anything technology related. At the speed shit grows and changes, you'd think SFV wouldn't have gone backward.

I was about to call you an underage faggot

You know what's worse user?

Monster's Inc is 15 years old.

I doubt we are gonna see her ever again, unless Capcom makes Darkstalkers 4 but considering what they did to Street Figther you should be grateful that is never going to happen.
Since we are talking about that, let's hypothetically say that Capcom isn't shit and they decide to make Darkstalkers 4. What you guys would like to see? Any kind of monster that the series didn't touch that you would like being included to the cast?

Still playing SFVirus or SFV-sync

Cucks gonna cuck I guess.

Who's this fluid druid?

My 3d waifu, stay the fuck away.

Besides SF2, which is best
SFZero, SF3 or SF4?

No.

back up fucker.

Come on, I can won with Q and this doesn't happen

what a bizarre time to be alive

It's okay user, most of them want Trump to win.

With KoF 14 being pretty decent, I'm a little more optimistic about seeing another Samurai Shodown, but there's still the strong possibility that it can be terrible. SNK needs to see what made 5 Special and 2 good games, and learn from the mistakes found in the other games.

It's too little too late for Darkstalkers. The Sjws, Ono, and Udon will completely ruin it, but even if Capcom wasn't sleazy and incompetent, Darkstalkers is kind of outdated.

Gameplay-wise, I want nothing from SF4 and 5, and maybe keep some stuff from Savior (no rounds, rush down gameplay maybe). It would be great to have a story that isn't completely retarded.

Monster-wise…I dunno. Besides a Chuckie-like character, they kind of tapped every monster niche. I guess you could add characters from Ghosts and Goblins like Arthur and Red Arremer, and make an adult Anita a character with a Donovan that's either at peace or a full vampire (not some half-assed sprite).

I'm thinking I might have to switch Izayoi out for Rachel soon, been spending a lot of time as her. Also I need to find a better game a better main for rootkit5 since ibuki is too much effort for too little reward.

love it or hate it, it deserved a big farewell

He doesn't like the young looking ones.

KOF14 responding to fans? YEAH.

SF4 was planned for 2018 until SONY offered Capcom cash….
archive.is/RGQwt

I think both Blazblue and Guilty Gear are popular here, but I wouldn't know since I'm not interested in them.

So… do you guys remember Thrill Kill? would we get another game where psychopaths fight eachother in hell or in an asylum?

No, now go play Twisted Metal Black or the reboot.

Well, I was hoping for an actual fighting game.

Remember when this was censored and canned and instead we got the Wu Tan fighting game?

0:25 damn, look at that thong

and some still say there aren't games with fanservice for females

SFV urien comes to mind

Gill too if you have…unique standards.

urien's banana hammock has never been seen in higher quality

Zero 2 > Zero > USF4 > Third strike > Power gap > Zero 3

With Omega mode being an honorable mention

Which costumes are the best?

capcom pls

It's the little things

Well, congratulations! You got yourself quads.

Now, what's the next step of your master plan?

Painted Urien the other day.

face isnt chiselled enough

capcucks will defend this

The only thing the even kept me playing that long was a friend begging me to to play with him.

They defended sfxt on disc dlc, this will be easy for them.

Did anyone here get the collector's edition of KoF XIV? Is it worth it?

Why does alpha 3 get hate? is it the V-ism?

Were either of these actually any good? Never played a game with fatalities that wasn't shit.

He never disappoints.

The art book is great. The case is cool, but that's about it.

Disregard flag.

I still think calling him BlackSidePhyl is disrespectful to DSP.
Speaking of which, just saw DSP's SFV rant. How long til the celebs beat his ass for jeopardizing their hard(ly) earned weed money?

Wish I'd get the artbook. Yuropoor just got a shitty steelbook case.
I've asked before but anyone stumbled upon full scans of the artbook or rips of the game's art assets? Collecting that crap just tickles me in the 'tism too much.

Not sure. Sanford Kelly, Daigo, Poongko, and other top players have all been talking mad shit about SFV. Even James Chen quit shilling it after the rootkit incident. Alex Valle got especially butthurt about all the criticism at one point and got into a twitter fight about it.

Shitty chat aside does he always jump to the menu when things don't go his way or something?

Daigo? Nigger was defending the 8f delay. And Poongko's gleefully climbing the ranks with Urien.
They can talk all the shit they want, it won't mean anything if they don't act on it like how some rage their lungs out over DLC and censorship but are still good goys on day 1 (not just in regards to SFV).
Ultimately, Capcom's still going to shove SFV down TO's throats because they've got nothing else and they're too invested in it (shit like the Red Bull costumes shows how spectacularly misguided they are though).

The full OST collection and the artbook make it worth it

it is for me, I like having artbooks.

Link?

even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Heh, I like it. Too bad that it looks wonky even for his era.

Fair points put completely horrible arguments.

Daigo and Poongko are kissing Capcom's ass. What are you talking about?

Balance is bullshit, and the music sucks. V-ism is broken on some characters.

PR Rog was shitting on Capcom until Boxer came out; then he sucked Capcom's dick despite Boxer is probably mid or shit tier like most of the disc-locked characters.

Also, here's another reminder that Chen is a sjw-virgin-cuck who might have bitched about Mika and Laura.

You missed out user.

Have a link?

Either hate it, or be a shill, Poongko.

There are so many other fighters or games he can play. He should drop SFV.

I'd have to go back and look through all his past streams. It happened a couple months ago, roughly a couple weeks after Story Mode came out I believe. Shit was fucking funny though. Hope you speak Korean though because otherwise you won't have a clue what he's saying.

He doesn't know english though does he?

Urien looks really really fun to play. It's so unfortunate that the game itself is complete shit.

the game's great, actually

as for le 8 frames meem, capcom has recently reduced it to 6.5 and is working to lower it further (note: the average/standard in FGs is 5 frames)

Urien's great and the game certainly feels better with the input lag reduced, its just a matter of trusting a company that purposely installs malware onto your PC.

Max, is that you?

Oh man, it's 1.5 less frames of lag, SFV is saved!

honestly it's probably due to higher ups being retards and telling code monkeys to do shady shit, I doubt they intended to pull the crap they did and it's a fucking wonder how they manage to have a new batch of drama every month, but if I look at the game just as the game, it's probably my favorite fighting game to date.

only ~1.5 more frames than the vast majority of fighting games, which is virtually no difference

Fuck off Ono.

do you even play fighting games or do you just sit in this thread and complain about how bad one of them is

if anything my biggest currently-valid complaint about SFV to date is this fucking mess lmao

Yeah fuck off Max.

I mostly play locally tbh, and I've become desensitized to bad online

also i said currently-valid because the rootkit was fixed and there's nothing more to be said, obviously that's a bigger issue

Get the fuck out Max. Don't you have some five dollar donations to freak out about like you just had a child born?

of course the rootkit was "on purpose" but it wasnt for the purpose of performing shady shit and installing malware. they just went about anti-cheat in a really shitty and shady way and they reversed it literally within one day of updating because they knew they fucked up

also who said theyre ignoring issues, they could be spending a lot of time looking for fixes but theyre not just gonna tell us everything that goes on internally

Fuck off, Max. Go suck Ono's dick for your weed and Youtube money.

i doubt max even knows Holla Forums exists kek

Do you talk about yourself in third person all the time?

Look everyone he ran out of ways to shill.

I'm just gonna enjoy playing instead of arguing with a retard on an anime board

I can't wait to hear Max whine about how an anime board rejected him.

Yeah okay bitch, we'll see you tomorrow.
Thanks for entertaining us

you really are autistic enough to think I'm max, aren't you

You act just as stupid as he does so I can only assume.

Don't shitpost with Hirame you fucking nigger.

You mean like how the SFV crowd thinks their game is good?

She your waifu user? If so 10/10 taste.

"the shitty business decisions made to prevent cheating means the game itself had bad gameplay!!!!! everyone that disagrees with me is a shill! shill! shill! reeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEE"

I thought you were gonna go play. What happened?

gotta go take my dog out is what

Holy shit guys 1 frame of lag has finally been reduced after months of the game being out. Even though there are other problems with the game this shows that SFV is rising up to becoming something that rivals an actual fun game like sf4 based capcom for this wonderful update and this wonky version of urine

Is your dog SFV and you're taking it out for good?

That's a very responsible thing to do user

Man, fuck you. Now I want to talk about how I miss City of Heroes.

Have they fixed keyboard binding yet?

user be reasonable. They haven't even patched out Chun's nipples yet.

I bet your dog is a scrub that can't even perform a proper dp motion.

And I do agree with you…kind of. The gameplay is "fine" but how far are we as consumers supposed to let corporations go with lack of quality products or services since capcom thinks SFV is a service before we do anything about it and tell them to stop the bullshit and give a good whole product?
We've seen them abuse the microtransaction shop and not address peoples concerns over ESPN marketing, Censorship, and sponsor deals. With the red bull outfits and the literal fucking rootkit it has become clear that Capcom has made a service for their benefit and not putting in the work for our enjoyment. You can obviously see there is no end in sight with Capcom's bullshit so we, as responsible consumers, should stop playing their game because money is what Capcom listens to and responds too at this point. So we can actually get a product that won't make people who are cucked by the game get into internet arguments every time they go into a fighting game thread.

Look at the future ramifications of continuing to play the game instead of the instant gratitude.

Street Fighter V is a boring bland game. Street Fighter EX2 Plus is a much better game.

idk about you but I fucking love the red bull outfits, that ryu is so out there and ridiculous I might have to main him for it

It's real weird how people who hate the game have to beg other people to not play it, usually it's the other way around on both accounts when the game is supposed to be dying

What have you faggots been playing recently? I just got back into Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition and have been playing many Fightcade games on the side. Mainly Garou and Jojo. Also tried to get back into Arcana Heart 3 Love Max recently. Holy shit I forgot how different that game was from other fighters. I feel like I'm playing in slow motion despite how fast you can actually get at that game.

Best post of the whole fucking thread.

Thought about learning someone new in Melty but I haven't played in so long I might as well get back to practicing my mains.

polite sage

It's one of the biggest fighting games right now and it shouldn't be the standard, it's way lower. If people eat this shit up other fighting games will follow suit.

The Last Blade2 and Kizuna Encounter on fightcade

Sharon was my main V.Rosso was my second

Just played Street Fighter EX+ Alpha with a friend the other day. Really enjoyed it. How does EX2 Plus compare? What does it do differently?

Street Fighter V shouldn't be praised at all, and Capcom should be called out.

Thing is NRS did some shitty shit with dlc and microtransactions, yet no one called Ed Boon out on it.

Is EX2 plus better than EX3?

I just bought a Sega Saturn with a fightstick, so I've been playing Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Fighter Remix, Fighting Vipers and Fighters Megamix with my roommate lately.

My fucking nigga

Yes.

Anything broken/shit about EX3 or does it really boil down to preference?

Is it worth playing Virtua Fighter 2 and Fighting Vipers since Fighters Megamix already exists? Also you should check out Asuka 120% Limited: Burning Fest, that game is fucking nuts.

What shit did they do with DLC? Other than treating the PC players like they're trash I don't know of anything else NRS did.

It's true there are microtransactions and that shit is stupid, but as far as I'm aware it's just paying for more of the "hold button to do fatality," completely unimportant shit to jew money out of retards.

it's just Street Fighter EX+ Alpha with more characters, very slightly better loadtimes, Guard Breaks, Super Canceling and Excel Combos (think Custom Combos from SF Alpha.)

Never played EX3 so I can't compare.

Think of them like what Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting is to King of Fighters, they've got similar things but they're in different boats entirely. That and Fighters Megamix has some bad balancing issues compared to the other two.

Goro is disc-locked, and you can technically call Bo Rai Cho a disc-locked.

Xrd's DLC characters are then "disc-locked" too. Nobody seemed to be too bothered about them.
It's almost like it's a common practice now to just stuff the DLC characters in the base thing to ensure parity between players in online multiplayer. Especially when you want them available on game's release and have not planned a day 1 patch.

Ironically, SFV is like the only current fightan that didn't have the DLC characters remotely in any form of "on-disk", except for maybe some files referencing their names, but also because they weren't available from the start.

Does it really bother people so much that an already pre-release announced DLC character is slapped on the disk as opposed to you downloading a mandatory patch on install? Like, it's fine as long as you get the files in a slightly different? What if it's digital release only? Are they allowed in the main package or do they still need a separate patch so it's acceptable?

You need a full roster for tourneys even if no one plays those characters.

I don't understand your point.

When has there ever been a situation when individual players could get access to the character and tournies could not? Closest thing I can think of is Shadow Jago in KI who eventually became a separate character but was still not made widely available until Season 3.

If you're complaining about tournies having to buy the DLC characters to have the full roster then that's a fair point but then you really just have a problem with there being launch DLC characters in the first place instead of their delivery method to you.

When the disc has completed character files, and the company is trying to sell completed characters as locked-away dlc (e.g. SFxT), then it's a problem.

If any of you guys want Revelator, Nitro+, or BB:CPE on PSN, it has a huge discount ending today with the flash sale. Xrd-R is 20, CPE is 15, and NPB is 12.

I can't see Revelator on sale, is this NA only or something?

OK, well let's say those characters are supposed to be available at launch.
Does the little ritual of downloading a compatibility patch make all the difference as opposed that patch already being there in the install? One is crime against consumer and other is fine?
You do understand that you have to have the complete files to be able to play online against people that bought the characters if you didn't buy them. And again, what if I bought the digital release? I bought the digital version of Xrd and the store characters are pretty muck 4kb unlock files. Is that also a problem? Then every single fighting game that has DLC characters is also a problem.

What alternative do you propose? You want to just not have the character files until you buy the characters but then what? Split the playerbase so that I can't play against people who own the DLC characters if I don't own them? Nobody in their right mind would do this. You NEED the files one way or another.

I'd like to buy CPE but I can't knowing CF is soon, followed by CFE, and nobody in my area wants to play anime.

I am on the NA site and it was there. So that's most likely the case. Couldn't you make a US account quickly if you wanted to get it?

Release a complete game with no files that are related to dlc characters. Over time, throw patches that will add the dlc characters, so the process is smooth.

Tag 2 is the only fighter that handled dlc characters right.

…. what is that idle pose batman is making? Is that supposed to look intimidating or cool?

I guess one good thing is that it looks shiny. Really shiny.

Gear that will break characters and make tournaments that much worse.

Rugal ((((Bernstein)))) has a black panther as a pet…. classic

Grog looks fun but Batman looks pretty lame in the sense of his stance and fighting style. It's very similar to Scorpion's MK2 stance. Somehow they made the power struggle animations even longer where they should have been shorter. Some stage transitions look too long too.

Default costumes for most of the heroes look shit but the overall graphics look good. Except for the man faces on some of the women.

are clash moments RNG or is it whoever spends more meter?

I believe it's triggered like a alpha counter. Then you force each other to spend a certain amount of meter to regain health or force damage on the other. It's a way to get your opponent to spend all their meter to prevent you from healing.

How's Nitro+? Does anyone still play it?

It's actually pretty fun but last time I played it the online was atrocious.

V-ism is the big one but it's guard break is also pretty disgusting since some characters in 2 strings break it and others have no chance in hell to scrape it.

V-ism turning it to touch of death is another major reason though

Yeah, but people won't give a shit since it's got "Street Fighter" slapped on it.

Can't be Onoo. His English isn't that good…

When's Tekken 7?

I really want to get into BB, any word when the latest version will get a PC release? Otherwise I'll just get CPE on ps

Don't you ever say that again, it is just plain wrong. Of course 1.5 frames make a difference, are you even playing fighting games?

Yeah the servers have been acting up lately. It's really annoying, and I'd say it might have something to do with the coming patch.

Even before the last patch, there were times where the server would act up and make for some pretty laggy matches. Thankfully when it does act up, it doesn't pull a SFV where your opponent teleports all over the place and it only makes the match either really slow or choppy.

Hachi was so fun in SFxT. Looking back on it, I miss that game.

I've got no lag, just often unable to see players who have joined the lobby, or am unable to get past 'searching' screens, sometimes.

The problem was not just the 8 frames per se, but how the game was built around that. If you simply remove it, some moves will be overpowered, others will be shit, that stuff. The game needs to be rethinked before being removed.
And I still have problems with the game >>10799858

They intend to prevent people from using cheats in the game they didn't and obviously they'll update the game with another intrusive method but probably not as retarded. Still, the'll work on their denuvo-lite instead of making the servers and game with better safety measures that needs to be taken down for 10 hours while no other fighting game does that.
But if you're ok with Capcom fucking with your PC because some asshole wants to use the game in an uninteded way, I'll start to think that there are battered housewifes here.

I think they use that stance since MKxDC it's still stupid
But I'll wait for the complete edition and play casually like the first game. The women looks horrible but that's NRS for you.

Bad online but I did really enjoy the game with a friend. Some stages look awful while some aren't bad. Most of the music ranges from forgettable to shit sadly. Characters have a pretty good variety though and I like the vanishing shield system. I have yet to see characters like Sonico (vid related) or Ouka (zoning character with a hover mode that changes her normals while also having a really good command grab super that you can combo into) in other fighters when it comes to how they play.

As for mechanics, you pick a character and 2 assists. Each assist has a different recharge time and the faster recharges are less powerful than the long recharge ones. The unique mechanic of this game is the vanishing shield. It's like the clash system in Arcana Heart 3 but you constantly hold it out and can use it during block stun. The shield eliminates all chip damage, protects against guard breaking attacks, and whoever uses it has a small frame advantage when the opponent hits them. There's no meter tied to this and can be held up indefinitely. However it can only absorb one hit before you manually have to re-enable it. Not only that but it makes breaking grabs impossible. Finally, when a vanishing shield is hit, the screen stutters for a split second and both players can cancel into any action like a jab, roll, super, grab, or jump but the person who put up the shield still gets like a 3-5 frame advantage.

If someone knows you're about to shield then they can grab you or constantly throw out moves that come out instantly like a dragon punch. This is why you can't always vanishing shield. Also the vanishing shield guards from all directions, but it's useless for blocking multiple hit cross ups because of the way you have to input it (hold 4 and press R1). It would be easier to just block and wait the attack out in block stun.

The meta of the game is either using short combos to build meter and then use all your meter, assists, and burst to destroy the opponent. Or you can constantly use assists and your burst to make wake-up setups and hard-reads safe.

I would recommend it if you have a weeb friend to play it with. But overall I would say Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition is an overall better game that's similar.

Thinking about it now. Ouka is like a mixture between Iced and Hol Horse from Jojo. Floaty and has big hitboxes in flight mode (Iced inside his stand) and a zoning game similar to Hol Horse (slides, projectiles from above, rapid fire super, projectiles that can curve).

Fitting since Iced and Hol Horse are my mains while Ouka was my main in Nitro+

Yeah, clearly he's talking about Cool Ice :^)

Remember when J-P Eiffel killed Cool Ice?

Anyone got the image comparing Metacritic scores for KoF XIV and Street Fighter V?

SFVDF is in full force in the steam forums. Bingo chart so you can play along.
steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/0/343787283754578363/

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Also why the fuck is KoF XIV vs SFV graphics even an argument still? They're both same tier of quality, they just have different art directions.

I prefer DarkHidePhil

Over the years of playing fighters I still don't get how to do a standing 360 without using an attack or jumping into it. I barely pull it off well most of the time.

Now I've pulled off 720 attacks pretty well but double half circle attacks are pure evil to me. I really hate that input.

>mfw I still play SFV because my waifu is in it and even I'm not this indoctrinated.
Just pathetic.

You're a terrible husbando

If you wanted to play a street fighter game with your waifu in it, you still have USFIV, USFIV Remix or SFxT.

I still play all of those, SFxT more than USFIV if I'm honest

But user, what if I said I was having fun?

Quit lying to yourself

What's the story behind this? I don't really keep with the SFV trainwreck news

come on dude

but I am user, I really enjoy the way Juri plays in SFV. I even enjoyed it before she came out. It's just my personal opinion that the few things SFV does right all get overshadowed by Capcom's monthly fuck-ups

An update really recently had Capcom install a file in your Systems32 (the folder that operates Window's booting procedures) for "anti-cheating/piracy" measures. They immediately removed it once people found out. When Sony did this, they suffered major lawsuits which makes me wonder why Capcom would even attempt to do something so stupid in the first place. I would expect something so scummy from EA.

Even after the rollback update, Capcom.sys is still in your system32 folder and needs to be removed manually.

it's finally here

Use the shortcuts
Honestly, I just had so much practice. On the pad, just fickle the buttons.

I have a friend who really loves the game but only plays on his vita. That system would be perfect with DBZ characters but Bamco would rather make another xenoverse or some portable clusterfuck with assists than a real game like Hyper Dimension.

People were too busy complaining about the huge shit that was the PC version at release and the netcode. I remember people calling out the easy fatalities and DLC to unlock the crypt but that really pales to comparison with the former problems.

At least MKXL and the rollback netcode patch will be finally released on the PC version but people shouldn't really forget what WBgames did with that port. Maybe DOA5LR will get some lobbies please.

Not Leo on SIGN and every DLC character for Revelator(and Elphet on SIGN) were free for at least a week like Skullgirls. I got them and don't even have the game yet.

SFV have the Splatoon model of "holding of" the updates instead of releasing everything at launch or after a few months with this "monthly update" thing to keep people interested but it's not really working on the PC version: seraphyx.wordpress.com/2016/09/19/how-dlc-increases-player-counts-a-look-into-street-fighter-v/.
The DRM to unlock things on disc like the colors and some costumes doesn't really help much.

this he looks like MGK

I found it fun, had to switch to linux cause of technical issues with my win7 install. I don't think the linux version is ever happening though.

It's a shame but Capcom really really lacked polish overall with the title and are clearly putting more resources into PS4 as it is the tourney standard for whatever reason.

how's the balance in that alpha version with t hawk and fei long?

yeah if someone combos into a super or a big combo and he's low life he always goes back to the menu and probably contemplates rage quitting but usually hops back in in a few seconds to avoid watching it. A fair amount of times though he doesn't actually die during it.

good looking to whoever capped this though he took it off his channel publicly at least.

what a shit tier video
no ex headbutts into multiple shoulder tackles.

That's why I'm saying people should give a shit. Hopefully there would be some form of word of mouth that gets across to the general outside vidya audience that you shouldn't buy it yet instead of "It's great, even though capcom gives fuck all about it's audience to sell costumes and colors" and people just buy in and put up with the bullshit as well.

sad truth but low hanging fruit.

To be honest, SFxT is kind of fun if you turn off the gems, and quite crazy with four players at once. And it have so many mods too.
But damn, that pandora mechanic, the characters do look cool, but if I've ever seem a more useless mechanic in a fight game I don't remember when or where.
Activate to die. At least your last moments will have you looking nice.

I wish there was a way to mod Juri into 3s or something.

I fucking love Satoshi Urushihara.

Fucking same.

I played a few times at a friend's house. Without the gems it looks fun but he didn't bought the disc-locked characters. But I don't even know how to use the Pandora mode

Played last weekend some SvC on fightcade. It's not so bad, Mai and Kasumi looks good but I can already see how Dimitri, Zero and Geese are broken. At least neither of us knew any infinity combo. Also VF5FS but I'm still shit
By the way, that's why I made the thread about Kasumi and Aoi with people talking about Hokuto on the last one.

I just wish we had a new version of the game. The 4th Strike hack wasn't made thinking about the competitive aspect and I wish they could fix many problems of 3rdStrike. They could even put Sagat and Juri so more people would play.

Finally updated mine.Fucked uo the last image and post. I need to sleep.

Still impressive

What's the point anons? MK sucks, SF is shit now, KI sucks, GG and BB and all the other good games are dead now. What exactly is the point anymore?

you can't find any fun with anything breh?

I try to user. I really do. Then I take a step back, and I realize what's really going on. To enjoy SFV, or MKX, or any of the major fighting games that have any existence online, I have to ignore the horrendous treatment of the companies behind the games towards people that have been loyal to them, in some cases, from the start. I can't choose to be willfully ignorant of it, and I can't help but remember it everytime I see them sitting in my library.

Fight people from here then.

Of the few times I asked to play. Only a twice has my request been taken.

>>>/out/

Is KOFXIV the SF4 replacement i need?

5 aint as fun feels like i see the same 3 combos over and over like it mk or some shit

you are bound to see the same 4 -5 characters doing the same combos in any fighting game that is being played in a competitive way, maybe outside the ranked modes you can find people trying to have fun, but you will also find less players.

repetitive, easy, low damage combos are the tip of the problem iceburg for SFV

it's not bad it's just missing the good

Mian in KoF14 is definitely filling my Gen needs with her divekicks.

Man that game was shit. Were you part of the burg?

How do you guys approach learning a character? I want to learn a bunch of characters in BB but I feel my time would be better spent practicing one.

Play through their specific tutorials, watch videos of combos/oki, watch top tier players, try to copy their movement and practice confirming what they do. Play a lot, ask here for character specific tips, take advice from players irl. Ggxrd is the first fighting game I've played seriously, but this was what I did and plan to do for BB. I also didn't stray from one single character until about a year in.

I watched plenty of airdash academy videos, as well as using keeponrock.in

Where do you guys live that BB or even GG is dead? I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere and have a local scene that rivals/beats SFV, and can play people on and offline regularly. You might just need to convince people to start playing.

I don't understand, combos in V deals way more than in 4 because in 4 everyone has a big as fuck HP pool

Does KoF14 have a PC port announced yet?

I like Ryu's 4th Strike changes esp his hurricane kick super!

What are the thoughts on Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks here?

Meh

what song is this?
what website do you get this music from?
yes im that same guy who keeps asking this question.

it's time for you to leave Max

There's no chance of a scene here at all.

Is it called SFV because the game installs a virus if you play it

Same here, only I'm stuck in uni until april.

No it's called SFV because it's a Shitty Fucking Vidya.

At least you aren't trapped in a rural area far away from anyone that plays video games

I live in a rural area an the nearest shit town has tourneys for fightan once a week. This week it's Tekken: Dark Resurrection, wish me luck fuckers (though there's no real competition for Tekken here, gotta go to our capital city for that). Guess we're lucky we have a computer store here in Nowhere, Eastern Europe.

>It's a smash scene

??

>It's a smash scene
Are you me?

To be honest, only recently did I start trying other fighting games after Ryu was revealed in sm4sh, and nobody else I know wants to try other fighting games, because "they're too hard."

Last time i checked my college was also a designated assfaggots barracks but guess they disbanded the club. Pic related is current ASSFAGGOTS campuses in Istanbul.

LoL is the wrong game for that because teamwork is very minimal compared to almost every other competitive game (outside of 1v1 games). Either way, it shouldn't be happening in the first place.

Sequel NEVER EVER I want more than MKXI

I don't know what that means so probably not. I tried get my who liked smash bros. to play but nobody liked the idea of KOing with supers only. But I really love Parappa and UmJammer Lammy so I looked into some online groups for a time.
I just wish they had like an HP mode like those Jump!Stars DS games.

SFIV is the SFIV replacement that you need. Just because KOFXIV is out doesn't mean I'll stop playing '98(UMFE), 2002UM, or XI. It's a new game and if you like it, go ahead and play.
Also, can't you just focus+dash or backdash from that?

Well, for me, I usually play on the weekends.

Should I add that to the OP? I only watched the Crash Course for May along with some specific videos about her. I still only have SIGN because I had problems with my credit card this week. Maybe it'll get a -75% discount like the first game until the end of the year

The problem is that 4thStrike is almost on par with KOF 2002 Magic Plus II with wackyness. I wish for a "serious" update if you get what I mean.

Good luck user.

Nothing was said about that but it's just a matter of time.

Honestly, ever since the gamecube era I thought I would break my fingers and my controller if I tried Melee seriously. But Blazblue has a "simple mode" where you can just mash buttons and the rush/autocombo from KOFXIV and P4U. Try those with them or games with simple inputs like Pocket Rumble or that demo build of Trajes Fatais: onanimstudio.itch.io/trajes-fatais-minimal-beta1

NEW THREAD