Will Sonic Mania and Sonic Generations 2 save Sonic?

Will Sonic Mania and Sonic Generations 2 save Sonic?

I just hope they are good fucking games.

yes

I think it will. Sonic Mania doesn't cut fries and dice veggies from the looks of it, and it's so big that you can't even store it in a tacklebox, so, Sonic 2 had it beat in that regard. Sonic Mania is so big that you can put your tacklebox ON it instead of putting the game in the box.

Oh, you can also play it.

Save Sonic from what?

Sonic fans and Sega fans alike adore the series and can find good in the games that are normally seen as mediocre. The games are amazing if you have the right mindset to get into them with, but most people don't get into them and they just shrug off the series as shit.

Shame because even the games that people claim are mediocre like Sonic Heroes and Sonic Lost World have redeeming points to them, and they're even ** fun.* The Genesis games are amazing for the momentum based gameplay, but I find that the level design gets in the way of the momentum and physics sometimes. I'm fine with that and all, and the games are still amazing, but I think that from what we've seen of Sonic Mania, it's going to fix that entirely. Both Green Hill and Studiopolis look amazing in terms of design, and I can't wait to play them.

Forgot to add that I think he's meaning "save Sonic from the stigma around it as a series". If Sonic can rise out of the depths and become legendary again, Sega will have their mascot back in full force. I think people are always gonna stick to shitting on him though, because they'd rather just take in the word that's going around instead of forming an opinion for themselves by looking into the games and studying the gameplay to form an opinion.

Again Sonic/Sega fans are always gonna stick by the series. Even if I'm playing other Genesis games, I'll look at one of the Sonic games for it and smile because god damn, what's wrong with a bit of Sonic? He's so iconic and it's kind of impossible to hate him when you're deep into Sega. I've recently kind of been dropping off of Nintendo due to the recent shit they've been pulling, and I've already loved Sega, so I guess I'm kind of clinging to them now that the Nintendo ship is sinking for me.

Also watch vid related; NiGHTs is best. That little thing at the end about NiGHTs being "real" is kind of touching, to me, at least.

this is exactly why people can't get into sonic games

the game tells you to go fast and then actively discourages you from going fast, unlike mario games that do not mess with your expectations from level one

From the Cuckening.

No, they encourage you to get good to go fast as a reward, at least 2 and onward. 1 really just didn't know what it was doing with Marble and Springyard Zones.

I'd like to think Mania will prove to SEGA that 2D still fucking works alongside any others watching, but that'd be fleeting at best.

I'd really want this ported to Saturn or some SEGA system, but it won't happen ever.

No, it doesn't tell you to go fast. It gives you the tools to go fast and wants you to learn to use them. What it tells you is that you need to collect rings, survive, get to the end of the stage, and collect the chaos emeralds if you wanna go for a complete run. Sonic never said that you can go fast; it said that Sonic was fast and cool but the Sonic X intro has introduced this idea that Sonic is all about GOING FAST, when really it's about being quick and reflexive and using your skills to pull off sick tricks and jumps while maintaining your speed and momentum.

It's tricky, but you gotta learn the levels. Once you learn the levels and get skill, you're gonna be going as fast as you possibly could; it's super satisfying and I encourage Sonic fans to practice with the first level of their favorite Sonic game, as that's always the level best for learning the ropes of almost every game, I find.

It's dead Jim. You can't save a lifeless corpse. Best case scenario you stuff it full of technology/magic and it dances for your amusement for a little while, doesn't mean it's not dead.

Sonic Mania will do heavy lifting if it has more than just a few new stages.
Generations 2 will be meh if the levels are as boring and uninspired as the majority were in the first. Also the final boss better not be as garbage. Would be even better if they figured out something better for Modern than the Unleashed style

But the only thing that will "save Sonic" is if Sega and Sonic Team get a consistent heaping helping of common sense and competency going forward.

It's not Sonic Generations 2, though.
You just wanted an excuse to repost the pic from earlier today, didn't you?

Christ, that was terrible. Every shot in that was likely the first take, and if you're going to ape Sonic 2's AS SEEN ON TV commercial, at LEAST do something funny. This is like a poorly-retold fart joke.

The autistic buyfags who reward Sega for making shit.

I think I found one:

If Mania sells well and they put whats-his-face in charge of 2D Sonics then everybody wins. We'll get good games and the furfags can keep buying the 3D shit.

Sonic can only be saved once Sega decides on a direction and stops the excessive pandering.

No

Amazon has two shirts up for sanic. They're ok looking to me.