Heavy is least played and considered most boring class in TF2

Why don't these faggots get the point?
Why did valve leave something as important as a class rebalance to the community?

You think they would've learned after all the Perushits voted Faceless Void for model rework in Dota 2. As they always live by, "Don't break what ain't fixed."

what happened since i stopped playing? when i played, pyro was deemed the worst class and he was indeed useless aside from some situational cases

Heavy > Your favorite class

Even worse is when they voted Spectre for a voice change.Faceless void and Spectre needed reworks the least. They both looked and sounded perfect.
Retards should have voted for Slardar are some one who doesn't look cool.

I still don't understand why it's so hard to give Pyro a fucking Incendiary Cannon. The Flare Gun is functionally alike, but ridiculously clumsy to use compared to the IC, nor as potent. I know I'm playing him wrong right now, because I end up W+M1ing while being shit at airblasting, but as a Pyro main in QWTF and FF, I'm still frustrated that TF2 Pyro hasn't clicked for me yet.
Pyro does need a rework, but he's not going to get the one he needs from winning that contest. Heavy could be fixed with a few tweaks, but Pyro really needs to be rehauled from the ground up, and I don't think Valve is going to put that much effort into fixing him.

Just redo the entire fucking hero, Christ.

pyro is like a goddamn vortex of no fun
he does shit damage
he has shit movement
every class has some way to resist or prevent burn damage
and it works both ways too
he gets free damage bonuses for doing the most trivial of tasks
if i get to close to him then i pretty much have to disregard that i have a keyboard

i cant think of a single situation where im ever happy to see one on my screen unless maybe im playing engineer i guess but at this point milk and jarate work better for spychecking

soldier a best

Or better yet, just not put it up to community vote and said "fuck you, we're remodeling Slardar". Valve really needs to learn when to put their foot down, they trust their fans way too much.

I never thought I'd see the day when I was saying that about any non-indie dev.

Heavy is FUNCTIONAL. Pyro doesn't work right under a thousand different circumstances - ping fucking up the location of your flames, the flamethrower being outdone by nearly all of the primary weapons in terms of damage, the class having no real role other than "fucking with the opponent" and airblast working weirdly depending on the angle

and iirc the spectre voice change was just an item that turned her voice into that webm of the cat getting fucked by another cat

plz delete this

Hello?

shoots a flare that deal 30 damage

Detonator

we combine them

there you go, my retarded as fuck idea.

the 4chan is showing yo

???

we've had somewhat frequent threads about it

OP weapons and generally became an easier class to play considering it's just W+M1.

Someone please fix this.

I sold the specter voice change pack. who the shit wants to play Specter and hear
"the fullness of our victory bag is inevitable!" instead of
"ʇɒwʇbɒƨʇɘʇɒɒɘldɒƚivɘni ƨi ǫɒd yɿoƚɔib ɿuov ddo ƨƨɘnlluʇ ɘldɿɒ"

I, for one am excited to see what happens. Valve linked to FromPyroWithLove in one of their blog posts which I HOPE valve actually fixes the issues pointed out in the website.

Being the worst class doesn't necessarily mean not fun. (Plenty of people play the fuck out of Spy despite being the most situational class in the game). Despite what faggots like thinks Pyro has a shit load of kill variety, airblast alone gives you a means to kill with most of the projectiles in the game while all his conditional crit weapons open give room for a lot of airshot combos.

tf2 is pretty old lol

why dont u go play a modern game?

i only played years ago on my toaster and dominated servers doing absolutely nothing except planting sentries smartly and looking at the floor to get a framerate higher than 2

Faggotblaster still has his TF2C servers, there are people even playing on it now. Considering the threads are just as dead as the mod though it's probably just him and his circle of bootlickers.

There's some fun in the simple novelty of trying out the several meme builds of every class - the ones that are good for just fucking about and roaming. That's pretty much all modern TF2 is good for these days.

People still play TF2?

Yes. What level are you in tf2?

Ambush around corners, single them out
guaranteed kills

this meme needs to die.

heavy tweaking is actually very difficult, slightest changes to weapons have resulted in him being stupidly OP in the past. result is that most of heavy's weapons have very negligible differences from stock because anything more would make them insane. tomi was left unchecked for a long time.

meanwhile pyro sucks so much ass that they can buff him to near-infinity and it amounts to nothing. he can heal and uber himself with primaries and he's still garbage.

Valve did acknowledge the From Pyro with Love thing, but even if they know that Pyro's fucked I don't think they have the talent between the two people still working on TF2 to actually fix him.

It's bad enough that it's furry shit but why do they have to fuck up the German?
Are the people at valve that fucking retarded?

That kind of "game" discussion should go back to 4chan.

Before the Axtinguisher nerf, he was still pretty viable as a solo duelist class who could disrupt a lot of pushes and win 1v1 fights by himself if left unchecked. That was really his one good role, and it was taken out. Now he does just about everything without excelling at any of it, even spy checking who now arguably has enough tools to deal with Pyros. Was the ax-combo stupidly powerful? Yes. Was any other build for Pyro made viable after that? No.

The Pyro also has bigger problems, seeing as playing him on a good connection makes him worse due to the games calculations for the flamethrowers particles (which you won't see in client, making range feel really weird). Airblasting is generally pretty fucky and doesn't seem to work well around teammates, and afterburn is largely useless unless you're landing mid to long range flares on weaker targets consistently.

I'd like to see a flamethrower that makes the airblast better, but I'm not sure how I'd balance it or what direction I'd take with it yet. Make reflected projectiles faster? Stronger push? Scoop and store rockets mid flight? It'll be interesting to see what comes out.

The vote was to decide who gets a balance pass FIRST. Heavy is getting one, but after Pyro. Heavy does one thing really well, even if he's boring, he has a role in the game. Pyro does nothing well these days, and his central mechanics feel outright useless or broken.

Letting your community decide anything that affects the game in a major way is always fucking retarded because they always make the game worse. Every dev that's too lazy/scared to make his own fucking decisions needs a punch in the face.

That said
Why? No, really. Why would you still play that game?

Why not?

I don't understand this shit, although you're the minority here on full/v/, unless it's blatant shilling or shitposting, gaming threads are welcome. I'd rather have game-only threads, but with gamergate we also have withstand the constant e-celeb/SJW/censorship shit as well. Even so, I'd rather look at them than the neverending waifu shit on cuck/v/ and having to bump your threads endlessly for it even having a chance to get some discussion going unless it was blatant ragebait to troll people in.

It's been stated by many anons in the past, they can't find a game that is like tf2 but better. Do you have any suggestions?

Dirty Bomb sort of works as an alternative. It's pretty much five different base classes and four subclasses on top of that (except for engineers). Too bad it's a Nexon game and every single class needs unlocking with either in-game creds or real money, and the balancing is similar to TF2, completely unneeded changes all across the board. But you'll pretty much only need Proxy because it's OP as fuck, and one of the few that are priced at 30k creds, which you also get after a couple of in-game levels that take barely any time to get.

They're both getting their changes, pyro just gets them first.
Pyro is not shy of needing balance changes, luckily.

Oh god are those last two actually in the game? So glad that I gave up on this game multiple years ago and distanced myself enough from this shit.

Has any other video game been as horrifically raped as much as TF2? I doubt it.

Fallout.

I might give that game a go.

That really hurts user.

doesnt look dead to me its doing p well

That's because e-celebs are playing it now. (just one)

What's wrong with this? Or is it not from any of the scream fortress events, and you can paint it neon puke green/pink like furfags always seem to do.

Thank god it's only full moon/halloween. And yes, it's got full paintability on the head.

It's not monstrous at all. It's pretty much just a furry head.

You're right, maybe we should go play Paladins instead.

Pyro is probably the one fucking class I despise the most. Its the most annoying, obnoxious and cheap shit I have ever seen. I dont know why everyone here finds Pyros weak. I find them frustrating. The airblast is broken as shit, so are the flamethrowers.

This is exactly what I find him as.

Also, the airblast is the most wonky and stupid thing I have ever fucking seen. Its can either deflect your rockets at retarded angles (even if shot at their feet), its hotkeyed by many faggots playing Pyro so you never get a shot because they automatically deflect your shots from any direction, and can be used to juggle you indefinitely, accompanied by a couple of flare gun shots that kill you before you can even switch to a shotgun or SMG.