Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo#2015.E2.80.93present:_Mobile_and_NX
please
digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a807158/win-a-nintendo-nx-by-playing-splatoon/
fresno.craigslist.org/apa/5795700984.html
google.com/search?q=average american rent&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
pcpartpicker.com/list/kLRL9W
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They are thinking about making mobey out of stupid sheeple.

Didn't we already have this thred 50 times?
Let's hope for a bumplock.

They're thinking about how they're gonna bully that one fucking team who still doesn't have their demo ready to make a gameplay trailer out of.
You know that's what it is. It's one team(Probably Jewamoto's team on BoTW) that doesn't have their gameplay trailer ready for the direct and everyone's looking at them like "The fuck man? We all had our shit done two weeks ago, hurry the fuck up already!"

It's because they don't want other companies to copy them :^)

I heard some people call the Wii-U another Dreamcast, so maybe this time they're making the NX another Saturn?

and no one gives a shit about nintendo

I'm starting to think maybe it was a good thing they didn't reveal it during e3. If they're still trying to hold back on the reveal due to someone not being ready, I'd hate to imagine how little they would have been able to show back then.

For all we know the reveal could be next week? Or could be early next month?

Yeah, the wait for confirmation on what the NX is getting annoying and it can't be good for the dev's either.

Except the millions of people who are obsessed with knowing anything about the NX

This is actually their excuse

What a waste of such amazing digits

They want a keynote where they can say, “And it’s available… TODAY!”

They never think at all and always have their heads up their ass i bet the NX is gonna flop also just like the Wii U with the lack of advertisements and explaining well that it's a new console to their costumers rather than a piss poor reveal and made people think it was just another gimmicky add on

Oh, and the NX has gone into production with Nintendo ordering 10 million units. So there's either gonna be a reveal or leak by October. Place your bets on which will happen first

and on how retarded it's going to be.

It's confirmed to be a console with a tablet controller that functions as a separate console. You decide if you like that idea or not.

Who they can kill and DMCA next.

So very retarded then.

Please, even the Saturn had way more going for it than the NX does. It's only confirmed game isn't even exclusive to it

It has a new pokemon confirmed for it and that is enough.

So, how is the WiiU abandoned? can any user fill me in on this. I never understood this console abandonment.

Daring new strategy: No marketing for your most important products.

Lets see how this pans out for Nintendo.

Hopefully the same way it did for SEGA.

They saw how well it worked when they unintentionally did it for the Wii U, so now they're going full throttle with it.

Weak initial sales killed 3rd party support. First party didn't bring in enough sales to warrant making more games for it. Focus shifted to 3DS games and all WiiU games that weren't released by spring 2016 have been made into NX projects.
And now European retailers won't be able to order WiiUs after Oct 1st. It's dead Jim

For some reason I feel a storm is coming regarding the NX. It's going to throw us for a loop, regardless of us expecting it to be shit.

Huh, my wife has one and I never get involved with any console that is past the gamecube.

I almost want to say "winter is coming" because winter is the season of death, implying that consoles are going to start dying out rapidly coming the next "generation" of consoles. PS5 and BONER2.0 will probably have extremely weak sales, no games and just be utterly pointless.

But I fear using ASOIAF quotes is now gay as fuck after the television series I never watched.

A shitstorm maybe. The NX will either save or be the final nail in the coffin for console gaming. All we can do now is get some drinks and watch to see what happens.

There has been many nails in the console coffin for awhile, but shit is undead yo

Gaming as a whole feels like it's dying. I mean yeah there's good even great games out there but the the industry as a whole just feels like it's in a slow motion implosion.

AAA is dying, no doubt. But most of the games I care about aren't AAA so I don't really see the "gaming as a whole dying" perspective.

AAA is dead. But you still get good stuff from lower budget Atlus and SEGA productions. And the indie scene is worth stalking for the 1:1000 chance of finding a good game.

well it's not a terrible excuse. Did you see how quickly PS move and kinect followed after the wii's success?

Theres a shitton of good indie games out there user
Id say its more like 1:100 due to all the trash that random nobodies put out there.

And there are a thousand shitton bad indie games.

I don't mean gaming as a hobby but rather gaming as a business. The front end is lucrative of course and appears to be strong and healthy but the core is rotten.

I agree with you but these two things just add to the point I was trying to make. There is going to be some sort of reorganization event, maybe not a Game Crash" per se but some sort of overturn of the current order. And not necessarily the death of consoles either. Between Win10 and Steam PC isn't in a much healthier position.

They're going for a low-key release. After the failure of the WiiU and the lackluster albeit still somewhat successful launch of the 3DS they're taking riding on the side of caution this time and trying to "pull back to their roots". Say, Paul McCartney when he started Wings

I hope they scale back their teams a bit and take time to make these games. We don't need another ass creed, cod, battlefield, ect. year after year with a $50 season pass. Those games probably wouldn't get as much shit if they came out sparingly and were good.

Be nice if they'd also go for a low-key not censoring and localizing the fuck out of everything. That's the only thing that would make me even consider an NX at this point. Make it region free too.

I really am worried that Nintendo will pull a Saturn, drop it off at store shelves and go "Pay $___.99 to find out more!"

Its just gunna be a black box you idiot

Nothing is confirmed about it. Which is why people are anxious to see it revealed.

Please return to the mental institution from which you escaped.

its going to suck

Head of Gamefreak let it slip that it will have a new pokemon game and that it is also the new handeld successor.

Nintendo is shit, was shit, and will always be shit.

DEAL WITH IT.

He didn't let it slip it was an official interview. Don't try to hype up something so innocuous.

From all the apparent quotes I'm seeing thrown around about that… He implies it's going to change the scope of how Consoles and Handhelds work. That doesn't actually tell us anything.

There are those who believe NX will be separate machines but part of the same project. His comment could fuel both ideas. Secondly, the article where he talks about this is locked behind a paywall so we don't really see if someone scrunched down everything he said.

If they have a clear strategy and a working solution I'm fine with this. If the controller is their new handheld and you get both in a set that could actually be pretty good way of getting everyone kitted out to buy games, but it would a require a good controller shell and some solution with a fold out screen for the DS ,formula unless they want to kill it off.
If the controller is only being used to make the NX games portable that would probably work too, but that concept leaves me worried about the risk of games being gimped to make sure they run on the controller unless the portable segments are like bonus levels or something.
If they end up having both the NX controller and a NDS for portable games that would be schizophrenic and awful and both platforms would suffer as a result

All options have a clear potential for disaster. Uneasy feelings.

What's the word on backward compatibility by the way? I love the WiiU tablet so I'd sure would like to keep using it. No way any portable controller is going to be that comfy.

Major difference between them is that the Dreamcast actually had a consistent stream of quality exclusive games during it's short lifespan. The Wii U has been suffering from constant droughts that isn't helped by the lack of third party support.

It had the best exclusive line up in it's short life since the gamecube ps2.
The ps3 and 360 had nothing but ports for it's first 2 years and the ps4 only has one good game so far.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo#2015.E2.80.93present:_Mobile_and_NX
It's official that it is releasing in March which is only 5 months away. Early march too.

Because it's not a few months away?

A supposed Foxconn employee has put together a sketch of the NX. It's the stupid fucking hybrid shit everyone won't shut up about

Is Nintendo remaking the OUYA?

What is that third piece?

I feel sorry for Nintendo fans these days, they're getting shafted even harder than Segautists and Capcucks recently.

possibly a devkit?

A. it wasn't GF
B. It was TCPi
C. he didn't slip anything or reveal anything
D. you're retarded

How?

Sega's still doing Yakuza and Sanic.

Capcom's still doing Monster Hunter and fighting games.

What's Nintendo got? Fucking Zelda? Kek.

Nintendo made Splatoon last year, user, as well as a few new IPs.

so how will the announcement actually go? Will Kimishima finally make a Direct appearance or will they do something clever like making those Callie & Marie holograms announce it?

I'd be extremely surprised if the NX doesn't end up getting a massive delay. It's almost unheard of for a console to release only a few months after it's been announced.

My guess is that they're rethinking parts of the NX after the official reveals of Project Scorpio and the PS4 Pro. Of course they're not going to try to directly compete with the two rehashed consoles but they still have to consider that this time around people are less likely to pick up the NX as well as another console like they did with the Wii and Wii U (mainly because of the Wii U's abysmal performance) and so they need the NX to have a little more to it than simply settling for the competition's sloppy seconds.

Though knowing modern Nintendo they'd be more likely to stick to their guns and release it when it's clearly not ready and expect people to buy it with one whole game with the promise of future games, since Nintendo don't seem to learn from their mistakes as you would expect any other company to.

wow one whole release for 2015?

I'M SO FUCKING IMPRESSED

one release that got a ton of free content throughout the year if I recall correctly.

How is that any different from Sega or Capcom, user? You really need to quit being biased for or against one company and look at things objectively.

then had the plug pulled on its one major event that made people want to play it. retard.

Well, Iwata's dead, so there's not much telling whether that will be the case this time around under Kimishima's presidency.

It's not impossible though that the console could be ready by March though since it sounds like they started development some time before Iwata died.

Why do you only focus on whats happening right at this very moment? Nintendo stopped pushing the Wii-U a while ago. So of course we're not gonna see any huge brand new titles, all over the fucking place for a dead console.

Especially since we're right on the cusp of seeing what they have for the NX. If all they have to show for it is Zelda, than complaining would be completely understandable.

That isn't true in the slightest.

ok

I imagine Kimishima takes baths in the money Nintendo made just off those damn Splatoon amiibos

*EU

user you have no idea what Splatfests are if you actually believe that. Plus what you're saying applies more for ranked mode than Splatfests.

honestly i have no idea why i came back to this shitboard.
summer is forever

Except people do take it seriously, you were just making claims yourself that people were until they removed Splatfests. I'm sorry, but if you're going to be intellectually dishonest I'm going to have to stop replying to you.

nice backtracking. you've been outright saying that the games popularity or player base has been seriously affected by the removal of the Splatfests as if to say that without them it's somehow irrelevant, despite the fact that the game is still getting attention even more than a year after its release.

I'm getting mixed messages here.

And I imagine most of those Splatoon Amiibos took a bath in a different substance.

please use archive.ism/2016/09/07/nintendo-is-giving-away-nx-consoles-to-winners-of-this-splatoon-tournament/
digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a807158/win-a-nintendo-nx-by-playing-splatoon/

Why the fuck do you retards care? Only a fucking moron would buy a console for its exclusives. An even bigger moron would buy said console for rehashed jewtendo IPs. You dickheads are gonna buy the console, buy all these childhood brand games that will be 7/10 AT BEST, you're gonna make a ton of faggot threads about them, and then AT MOST 2 years from now the game will be utterly forgotten. Pack it up, we don't live in the 90s anymore, none of these games nor this console will have ANY staying power. What kind of fucking moron thinks a company pulls its head out of its ass out of nowhere?

As opposed to buying a console for multiplats?

Alright, I'll rephrase: a FEW exclusives. Buying a console at all is stupid. Unless you're seriously retarded and can't keep up with a PC. The only time I could ever see purchasing a console as OK is if:
A: You're buying it for children
B: If you're too busy to fuck with a PC and want something that will plug n play with ages of fucking updates of course
C: The console does everything a PC can do, except accessible to casuals and retards
Last decent console with a solid library that wasn't entirely made up of expensive as fuck niche weebshit games was the PS3 and even THEN it's a god awful console with it's installation bullshit. Nintendo has been putting out vita-tier hardware for too long now. At least the Wii could be jailbroken to the point where it was actually usable. And sure, the Wii-U could also play pirated shit but it sure as fuck isn't worth the money to buy the hardware. Hell, I have one that I got for free and I have yet to bother hooking it up because I don't give a flying fuck to use it, and trading it in would hardly get me any money.

What if I have a PC already?

The one thing I do hope the NX does use is some of those crazy ideas from those patents that have been released over the past few months.

Eg:
- Scroll wheel shoulder buttons
- Detachable controller modules which don't have their own internal power source, but use infrared (of the base unit) to detect changes to internal button movement possibly allowing for much cheaper/smaller modular controller components.
- Hand gesture detection (again using same infrared sensors)
- Another infrared sensor patent for detecting what's around the handheld unit on 4 sides, including orientation/positioning, other handhelds, possible amiibo scanning via barcode and even pulse detection.
- Various projector tech (including the very recent patent for display flat images on uneven surfaces).
- Free form touch screen tech (non rectangular)
- Haptic feedback

It could be out of fear that the competition could steal the idea, look at the coincidence surrounding the E3 2011 Wii U's "2nd screen" and then have Sony/MS unveil their own versions at E3 2012 (Vita/PS app and Smartglass).

Then don't buy the damn console, what exactly is your point here? I'm willing to admit certain consoles have their strong points but ultimately if you want something with the strongest points, you'd stay with PC. The only time I'd tell someone to pick up a console is when it's
When you buy a console, especially a newer release, you're fucking yourself to a select library of games that are cucked to work on the hardware. There is absolutely no reason to buy current year consoles.

I agree PC is the way to go as most games on other consoles come out on PC anyway, but I think Nintendo + PC is a good combo these days because Nintendo publishes more genuine exclusives and the systems themselves make decent homebrew machines and are usually the cheaper ones on the market. And of course, Nintendo's stuff is great for the kids of the house, especially when you can hack it to give them any game they want in less than an hour.

Right now the only reason to buy Sony's pieces of shit is for the VR, but it's a bad sign that Sony now out gimmicks Nintendo since NX is not going to have VR, at least not for awhile.

What if I don't want to listen to you?

Then you're a dumbass

I like to keep my eyes and the food in my stomach.
But thanks

I…really don't care? Getting asshurt at someone making poor decisions is childish. I'm only here call out faggots, not to lose sleep over said faggotry.

They reuse the same IPs with the same bullshit. How many times can someone play the same "innovative" mario, zelda, and pokemon games before you realize that paying all that money for the console is bullshit? I'll admit I've probably missed out on a game or two in my life but ultimately I'm better off because I didn't spend hundreds of dollars just to play them.
You can make games for the damn computer instead of wasting time trying to put it on special hardware. Unless you're an actual dev making shit for the console, which be fine of course. And again, is getting the console worth those few decent homebrew titles?
Buying new consoles for children is fine, as long as you're getting them to play actual quality video games instead of mind numbing bullshit.
Not even. Buying sony/VR is for retards. Both have gone down the shitter, never to return.

It's where they hold the wizards captive.

All they're making is SFV which is malware disguised as a fighting game.

Capcucks have nothing to look forward to.

A new Kirby, Smash and Bayo game came out not that long ago user.
Oh and splatoon is a fun new IP.

Hey man they have Dragons Dogma Online! An F2P MMO! Totally not going to be shit, my dude! Totally not going to die out and definitely wasn't made to jew shekels out of the Dogma fanbase rather than make another solid single player game with expanded multiplayer!

I hate myself.

The best game of the year was bayo 2 and that came out in 2015 you dumb shit.

Splatoon is kiddy shootie garbage.

Oh shit it was 2014. I can't believe it's been a while.

Can you go back to half chan?

for what purpose.

I don't know whats happening to me, Holla Forums, i really want to see the fucking thing. I didn't buy a Nintendo device since the GBA but somehow im tense as hell about the reveal.

This really is a turning point i think. The PS4 and XBO are digging their own graves right now, trying to be as much of a PC as possible. If Nintendo shits the bed now, Consoles and Handhelds might be permanently dead.

Because they are good games. Why do you buy consoles if not for good games?

Because I don't spend hundreds on a console for 1 or 2 CURRENT YEAR gotys, my man.

Hopefully they'll die. Sadly people are too retarded to buy PC, so whatever. There will always be console, guarantee it. Most fuckers are hype for the 4k consoles, too. Deluded.

Maybe the announcements were censored.

Taking all your posts into account I'll be straight with you. I think the "exclusives r bad because they're exclusives" isn't really a good argument. It's something PC only users really push without thinking it all the way through. And of course, you end up reiterating the "Nintendo only remakes the same exact game all the time" shtick. Like this is some unique concept applied only to them.

When 90% of all games are just doing the same exact thing with a different skin over it. walk n' talk movie games, Shooters, RPGs, etc. People wanting more of what Nintendo gives isn't any different than just wanting to play any old game at this point.

Is it a problem? I would say so, but I'd also say If you update your PC frequently… and play any new games on it you are most likely being a hypocrite right now.

$200 is worth getting a goty year for.
W101
Bayo 2
Splatoon
Mario 3D world
and probably Zelda
Will have made up for my purchase.

Oh and smash.
All of these were 9/10 to 10/10 for me.

Then why the fuck would you pay hundreds of dollars to pay to play the thing except with a mario skin? My argument is that you can play ALMOST anything on a PC, whereas with these new consoles, you can only play what they offer you, and for a price. Is this your only real point?
I don't. I turn off updates because they're unnecessary and enable more telemetry bullshit. My craptop updates, but I actually need that for school and whatnot, which doesn't pertain to this argument. Steam, maybe. But it doesn't take ages update, and at the end of the day I can simply play all the games I have outside of it. I use it for IM at this point.
I either don't play new games at all, or I pirate them. And again, I'm not forcing myself into a certain selection of games either, unlike where not current gen consoles can play something like and PS2 iso in existence, I can. And for free. PC can do anything except play a few current gen games for free, without any form of jailbreaking, unless you count a crack as jailbreaking the hardware of a computer.

My main point here is that I can play the most titles possible, and I don't have to pay for any of them. I can use the PC outside of gaming too. Sure, it's moderately more expensive, but I'm willing to pay that price for power.

Except
A: The hardware is only meant for vidya, and only a few at that
B: If your standards for 9s or 10s aren't that high, then the PC can play plenty more, as well as ones from different consoles and for free.
If you're arguing the ability to play current year GOTY, then fine. You have a point. But spending $200 for a few good games over ~200-500 to play pretty much every good game ever made, and for free, is a choice only you can say is the correct one.

Yeah, that is why I own a PC
Duh, that is why I buy a console.
I own a PC and a wiiu. You know you can buy both? Did mommy tell you you had to have one and only one last Christmas?

The cynic in me says Microsoft and Sony are releasing upgrades rather than new systems because nobody knows anything about the NX

I'm saying you're wasting money to play a few games. You're essentially paying a $200 fee, which is retarded.
No, but my mommy told me the value of not spending money like a faggot. Now's not the time to turn into an upset child. At least admit that spending hundreds of dollards extra to play a handful of "GOTYs" is fucking objectively retarded.

I paid a $800 fee for my PC.
Stupid nigger, $200 isn't much for anyone who has even a part time job. I spent twice that much to visit my friend for a few days.
I am willing to pay $200 for 10 great games.
It's clear you are either underage or don't understand the value of a dollar since you apparently don't have a job.

And lives with their parents.

It's gonna work, NX is going to be dead on arrival, because Nintendo has no idea what they are doing.

I don't think any of the praise from Third parties means a thing, I recall third parties praising WiiU before that released and dropping it as hard as humanly possible shortly after.

W101 was easily worth the price of admission, too bad we will never get that sequel where you have to fight the evil future centinels

It is true that paying a fee because a console effectively holds the game you want hostage is dumb.
Originally though, consoles weren't meant to be shitty PC knock offs like the PS4 and XBO are nowadays. For example, i never found a way to even come close to the fun of playing Smash against each other as 4 guys on a Gamecube when using a PC. The two originally filled different needs. And Nintendo is the only developer of the three to maintain this legacy. PS4 games with splitscreen you can literally count on one hand.

Are you really saying that as a working single, 200$ is too much for a purchase you'll do once every three to five years? What do you pay for your smartphone per year?

Where the hell do you live?
I work 20 hours a week and go to school while having an apartment and still have more than enough money for vidya.
You must be shit with money or live with parents.

Move dem goalposts.

What are you saying? Console live cycles are usually three to five years long.

Wrong ID so he didn't move anything dummy.

Your fault for overspending. You only need ~500. And again, your PC can play almost anything. You're trying to say:
$200 machine for at most 20 free games > $500 machine to play almost any game free, and do anything
You're retarded.
That's not the argument at hand, stupid spending is stupid spending, regardless of the amount. Enough with the goalpost changing.
No, you paid $200 on top of the money you paid for said games, which already makes it cost as much as a PC, assuming you paid full price.
Speaking of underage, you mind telling me where these childish insults are coming from? Are you too much of a faggot to have a normal argument or do you want to waste time flinging shit? Stop getting so butthurt and putting your personal feelings into this, or get off the fucking website and go to one that encourages shitposting.

It really depends. 20 hours a week wouldn't have been enough to pay for my school and rent. Honestly I can't think of a place where that would be possible. Depends where you work though and the type of people you're connected to, because minimum wage sure as hell can't do that, unless you have tons of goberment money.

I'm not here to argue personal opinion. If you personally find it fun to play on a console, don't let me shit on your parade. I'm just trying to reiterate that spending all this money on a few games is just stupid.

If I worked part-time, I probably couldn't afford rent which is $1300 a month, assuming I had no other income. I don't know of any part time jobs that pays more than pennies so I suspect either you have a really low cost of living, a pretty good job, outside income, or spend money only on rent, ramen, and video games.

This. You'd have to be either some sort of financial genius or rich motherfucker to pay for school, vidya, food, and other necessities with 20 hours a week. Assuming we're talking about college age here.

You say that like its a bad thing.

I can recommend working for a software company full-time for about a year, making drastic structural changes to the product, then leaving because of outside circumstance, like starting university. If their codebase is as shit as usual, they'll bend over backwards for you to stay or work remotely. 8 hours a week

I dunno, Nintendo'll have a couple points sheerly for having a new system while the other two guys are releasing "PS4/Xbone but better", remember that a big point of contention and low reception was that the PS3 and 360 were dragging on into eternity and they were ready to just jump ship thinking nobody wanted video games anymore so now there's not all that much for new content besides rereleases and ports.

Depends on how well the New PS4/Xbone are received, even if Nintendo's already at a stumble from the Wii U being an abortion, and I don't see too many people really singing their praises besides "muh VR" types since an iterative console without much real benefit over the base model is a fucking stupid idea.

Special circumstance, then. We're talking about the average joe here. Of course it's possible to do a 20 hour work week and pay for a ton of shit but ultimately that's not a normal scenario, which is the grounds we're trying to argue on.

I say that as like that's the only way I can imagine someone taking care of himself working only 20 hours. I used to live similarly (in that I rarely paid for anything outside of necessities and video games). Nowadays I like to go to bars so I can buy overpriced liquor and have awkward conversations with strangers every once in a while.

Sounds like you have a nice set up. More power to you.

Yeah but it's not what I need it's what I want. an $800 computer is twice as good as a $500 one if not more.
No I never did say that.
No apparently you are since you have the reading comprehension of a 9 year old.
Also you are one of those pirate faggots that makes all other pirates look like raging homosexuals.
Yeah, but I already have a PC and a job so I am more than willing to do that.
Also I buy PC games I like so in total I spent far more on my PC.
Yes it would. Now I know you are underage. Jesus Christ.
20 hours a week is $900 a month most months. That means I can pay rent, pay for school and have more than enough left over for other things.
You clearly don't know the value of a dollar faggot.

They will also loose a couple of points for having a Nintendo system.

PS4 Pro will sell well, and being 4k will steal any of the NX thunder, the Scorpio will come out next year and do worse than the Xbox One, it will have been too late and people won't care about the graphics difference because the PS4 selling well was never about the graphics difference and Microsoft continues to not even for a second understand this.

lol master race

No, what i meant is that Console used to be the home of offline multiplayer. Of course i prefer games at high performance on a PC, it's just that the only multiplayer game on PC i can think of is Nidhogg. If done right, consoles do have a reason to exist, and Nintendo seems to be the only one who remembers that.

I think the average joe in this market isn't a single guy in his twenties in the first place, consoles are usually bought by families for the kids. The parade goes "I need a PC for school!", and then you demand a console for christmas. The console sits by the TV in the living room. At least that's how i know consoles from my childhood. So the whole money-to-vidya ROI ratio isn't that relevant there anyway.

I want to go back to a time where developers had no option to patch games.
It's not like things are faring better on the consoles when it comes to AAA shit.

Is a bullshit over priced gimmick. Most people aren't willing to spend $2k to $3K to play shit games on a higher resolution.

4/10

1. It’s 1260p.
2. What, for movies? Not for games. Not on that piece of shit. You’re a retard.

Seems like super legit hard hitting proof.

That's not a part of the argument though. We're talking about a PC that can play almost every game. It's your fault if you want to spend more than that. That's like me using "you can buy collectors edition consoles and video games" as an arguing point. Stop being fucking stupid, all you're saying with this point is that PC is expensive because you're making it an expensive thing.
Oh I'm sorry. Here's what you're trying to say:
$200 console for a few games AND $800 gaymen PC with pointless bells and whistles > $500 PC
I don't know how you can call someone underage when you throw a tantrum out of nowhere and spend half your argument just shitposting various insults.
The argument is stupid spending, not whether you can spend the money or not.
Again, that's on you and your poor spending. I'm trying to argue that PC can accomplish exponentially more, and for free. It does not account for you being a retard with your wallet.
Or maybe you're an underage faggot because you post like a faggot redditor who has no argument left to stand on, so he tries to make the underage meme stick by saying some false shit that only someone uderage would say. Kill yourself, faggot nintendrone. You're the underage faggot who is retarded enough to spend money on a few games because you can't get enough of that nintendo cock.
Where the fuck do you live? Siberia? $900 alone wouldn't be enough for where I live. You're either underage, or a designated squatter, kill yourself.

Not even worth this sentence as a response.

Consoles would have a lot more power if they had large libraries of good local multiplayer games. You have a point, Nintendo still does cater to that.
No the average joe was referring to a college aged person and their general finances.

Probably not. Only people interested in 4K right now are videophiles and the people developing for it.

I know 4k is bullshit but general consumers don't know.

Word of mouth travels quickly, not to mention the PS2 was a cheap DVD player when they were still pricey and the PS3 was the same for Blu-Ray. 4K isn't really enough of a step up nor is it worth it in the long run.

… wat? Since when is a company learning anything not a freak occurrence?

Are you retarded?
Nigger, I already own a PC. Why do you keep on bringing up it's price? I know how much a PC costs. It has nothing to do with me wanting to play wiiu games.
Even if I got a PC for free what does that have to do with me wanting to play Wiiu games?
Except it's not. $200 for a few thousand hours of fun is pennies per hour of fun. It's not wasting my money. Where else should it go then faggot?
Stupid underage faggot.
A studio apartment is about $450
to $500 and about $400 to share a place.

Has NoA been purged yet?

No?

Then I don't fucking care.

That actually varies widely based on location. I live in Colorado and a studio here will run you around 600 or so.

It defends on how hard you look. I live in Cali which is one of the most expensive states to live in and I found a good deal.
It's even cheaper to find a room to rent. I could find a good room for $350.

Fuck it I'm done arguing you being too retarded to build a normal PC. You're just fucking stupid, there.
Yes, the original argument was always about how spending $200 to play a few console games is a stupid ransom. Stop being fucking retarded, look at the original replies.
I live in NJ, and I'm looking at apartment prices right now. In CAMDEN aka one of the shittiest places in the country, the cheapest rent is $500+. Stop your bullshiting, and kill yourself.

I have no idea why I'm even responding to you, you change the goalposts with every damn reply. Nintendrones are all the fucking same, complete children who can't stop projecting with the underage meme. It's already apparent you are a waste of your parents' money and effort spent raising you, do yourself a favor and consider honorable suicide or something.

Don't bother, he's clearly bullshitting. Look how much he turns to tumblr-tier projection/namecalling when I even mention that he's underaged. Faggot either lives in a third world country, or a US shithole.

Called it.
Yeah, I too can find a college closet for that much.

Ah, nevermind, misread that. My bad.

This might shock you, but did you know rent prices differ depending on location? Especially in a country as fucking huge as America.

I know, it sounds crazy, but it's true.

Except I build a great PC that can do everything I want it to.

Also I love how fucking stupid and underage you are.
Want cheap rent?
Here
fresno.craigslist.org/apa/5795700984.html
Literally 30 seconds of looking.

We're arguing a normal scenario. No shit, rent can be cheaper or more expensive. I have no idea why we'd be arguing on the grounds of a different scenario. Read the thread and think what we'd logically be arguing about, something the faggot has yet to do. Though he's in an autistic fit at the moment, and constantly needs to take lengthy breaks to let off the steam.

google.com/search?q=average american rent&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Sorry i'm not so autistic that I instantly respond as fast as you. I am doing other things while I laugh at your autism. I'm sexting my GF but I just came so now you can get more of my attention

It's amazing how someone apparently as bad with money as you thinks $200 for a few thousand hours is a bad idea.

Apparently not because he thinks it is impossible to find a studio for under $500

Also your link is amazing. It shows how stupid and underage you truly are.
What does the average have to do with finding a cheap alternative you dumb shit?

You realize anyone who doesn't live with their parents is laughing at you right now right?
I pay only $375 for my room in a 3 bed room apartment I split with 3 other people.

Sasuga user.

Kek
Also if you think Two hundred dollars is a lot of money you need to ask money to raise you allowance.

One day he will learn the value of a dollar. Only after his parents die and he is forced to move out though.

I see you just came from halfchan. At least if you are going to be a stupid newfag faggot use decent buzzwords like Nintenyearold.

Yeah, play a few current year games at a higher frame rate. You're retarded, I get it. You're having the same problems that you had with the Wii-U. You're spending hundreds more to play a few extra games. You're a faggot.
I was insinuating that you didn't spend thousands of hours on those games, limpdick. I don't care at this point regardless. Your autism has worn me down. You have spent hundreds of dollars to spend more money on a few games. That is the situation here. I'm not going to argue that anymore.
I'm honestly shocked you haven't made yourself a legend here with this amount of "LOL UNDERAGE" projection. How asshurt can you get? Why are you trying so hard to push this meme? All jokes aside, you seem to have a legitimate issue that causes you to be fixated and obsessed with trying to prove that someone else is underage. You being this autistically devoted to a nintendo toy and an overpriced computer leads me to believe that you are an actual manchild. I hate the word, but "pitiful" is the only way to describe someone this infatuated with the whole underage thing.
>fresno.craigslist.org/apa/5795700984.html
I mean, I believed you the first time when you said it was cheap, but again, that looks like a damn pool house.

oh no….where is he going to go with this. user, user you stop this right now, that spoiler better not be-
OH GOOD LORD HE DID NOT
user jesus fucking christ, please stop, you didn't have to do this. Screencapped, I'm so fucking sorry.
Again, I don't know where you think I said this but ok. Just assume that I said that's a bad idea even though I think that a few thousand hours for that price is good money's worth, but ok.
Where I live, and the average for the country, usually no.

There's that underage meme again. user, at this point just call me a nigger or a jew, give that insult a breather at least, for fucks sake.
Because I was arguing an average scenario, you fuckwit. I've said multiple times now that I was arguing the average scenario. I know that there are cheaper alternatives you complete retard. But in my state, and the majority of the country, there are far less.

Gee, >(2) are they? Because a few anons here have already admitted that rent is "too damn high" and costs $600-$1000+ where they live. I'd like to see all these people laughing though, I wonder where they could be.
Nice job for not reading the thread, we're talking about a single working person. You've wasted your post.

Ah, yes hello >(2). How is it hangin there bud.
Ah yes, completely different user, I absolutely live with my parents.
You must be paitient, as I am sexing my epic gf for le nudes, and also arguing with the other user as he has made multiple posts.
I have merely said that $200 is a retarded sum to spending on hardware to pay to play another $10 games. It is also curious how you too are fixated on this underage meme. I will give you the benefit of the doubt, >(2).

jfc user calm down you'll be old enough to drive soon enough

If you're here you're almost guaranteed to be in college, with mommy, or dealing with starvation. Not to say that there aren't a couple of exceptions, and we have at least one faggot who claimed to be from a wealthy family and never had to work a day in his life.

It depends on the county. LA county you can find some really shoddy places for cheap, but anything really liveable is going to run you a shitload. If you go to Riverside county, you can get a lot more square footage for a lot less, because the land is so much open. But you're also in Riverside, so that's the tradeoff. Bay Area can go fuck itself.

Ah yes, hello >(1). I see you are upset with me not using your favorite buzzwords. I will use the user approved speech next time, even though it's not any more insulting as the buzzword I used. Thanks for your post.

And it isn't just for a high frame rate stupid. Better specs let you do almost everything better. It is better for processing, putting more enemies on screen, modeling, ect.
I did. Simply putting bayo, splatoon and smash together is over 1k hours. That isn't even counting my other games.
What? Are you mad I was sexting my gf? Sorry I was doing other things instead of being a complete autistic like you.

Holy shit you are retarded. The average of the country is THE AVERAGE. Which means you can find cheaper places. How are you this fucking stupid?
You got BTFO and now you are trying to make up bullshit.

Ok so user. If me spending my extra money on a wiiu is bad what should I spend the $150 of fun money I get a month on?
Already have more than enough in savings because I am not a child and know how to spend money wisely.

Hold your autism m8.

Falling for trolling this fucking bad. What happened to the standard advice "Don't feed the troll"? Just ignore shitposts and they won't be motivated to make more.

I wish the guy was trolling but it's far more likely he is just new.
It's a case of the auts

user, what the absolute fuck
God damn my fucking sides, I don't know how you think posting a cropped screencap from a generic sext conversation is supposed to impress me or prove anything. I don't even know what to fucking say at this point, you're a madman, a complete madman and you'd have my respect if you didn't carry yourself like an unironic fedorist with this image you have posted.

Honestly, I don't give a damn what you put your money towards, like I said all the way at the beginning, I really don't give a rats ass what a fool does with his money.
I'm not even going to ask for evidence because I know you'll post a cropped Bank of America screencap with a large sum displayed.

It's weird how suddenly all these new anons to the thread are throwing in generic underage shitposts and overall pointing to samfaggotry.

I have a weird condition where I need to reply to shit.

He's calling you the troll, you complete fucking moron.

This fucking argument though, it's fucking stupid. Condemning somebody because they think $200 for a game console is too expensive, but then recommend paying much more for a gaming PC. Trolling much? Glorious PC Gaming Faggot Race?

I'm sorry I just want to reiterate here:

Can someone please tell me this is just some sort of cruel joke?

Oh and it's clear you have autism. You said I couldn't live off of $900 a month and then when I showed I can and that I could find a place to live for under $500 you went full autistic and cried because you couldn't find places to live that nice. Of course this is the final straw showing you have autism because you can't separate others from yourself.
Are you now? I didn't notice.

r/Gaming will go to any length to promote their faggotry "elitism" as they ruin PC gaming by casualizing it.

What do you tell your girl while you get her to orgasm user?

Oh wait, sorry, forgot about the autism.

Normally I don't condone shitposting but this is the most fun I had laughing at an idiot since I visited facepunch.

And then user was a shitposter.

I'm saying that the gain you get from it is pointless. Paying that much money to pay for a few games is stupid. Stop with the strawman and read the thread. I'm not going to keep saying this. Paying a bit extra to get almost everything for free is a net gain.

No I'm just baffled you think it's an objectively ok decision.
I applaud your masterful bullshit, it's clear you're not even trying to argue anything more. Go back to your epic gf sexting fam, it's pretty clear you have some sort of superiority complex trying to spin this narrative.
His words, not mine.

Did….did you forget where we are? Where did this reddit boogeyman come from? Also: casualizing PC gaming? user, are you healthy in the head? Where exactly are you trying to take this thread?

You having 'nam flashbacks to middle school or something? What the fuck is with these insults, son?

Kek. Why are you still posting when you got destroyed?

Also
Just get a job user. 10 hours a week is all you would need for your vidya habit.

Replying to the wrong post.
Hello, 2012.

I bought a PC because it offers pretty much all the games I love, which includes the games I can emulate.
Honestly? My vidya habit is pretty cheap, I rarely buy games these days.

I'd really like you to show us how to build this magic 500 dollar "play everything ever" machine you keep going on about. I really feel like you're just guestimating or pulling shit out your ass in order to win an argument. I doubt this is an educated assessment based on your own personal experience. Even if you built the basic rig for 500, if you've had it for 4 or 5 years, to make sure it's still the bad ass gayming PC you want it to be that can play every game in high quality, you probably have already spent roughly the same amount if not more to keep it up to date that most people spend when paying 200 bucks every 4 years for a new console on top of that initial 500 dollar investment.

Secondly, this "play every game" shit is itself pretty stupid. As a human being, assuming you're going to live for the next 40 years, you only have so much time to play so many games in your lifetime, especially if you're someone who has school, a job or other obligations that actually take you out of the house and require you take your attention away from vidya. On top of this, there are only so many games that will ultimately be able to grab your attention enough to make you want to keep playing them. Whether or not you have the means to play every game, you'll never be able to play them all. It's smarter to invest your time & your money not in something that will play everything but rather everything your want to play and know you will play. In this case, for some people, depending on various factors, especially financial status as well as individual tastes, investing in a console or two over the next 5 years, can easily be a smarter and less wasteful.

I'm confused, wasn't your original point that for 500 dollars you can make a magical piece of tech that will render buying any console a pointless endeavor forever? Are you arguing that there's no reason to buy a console because you can make a PC that can play them all better than the consoles themselves for the price you're saying or are you arguing that even if a PC can't do it for the price you said, it's "only a few bad games" you miss out on?

I really don't know why anyone is arguing with you, considering that in your original posts >>10791192 , it was quite obvious from the get go that you were readily admitting that there still exists plenty of reasonable motivations to buy consoles and then just going "b-but all the exclusive games suck and they're too few of them. PC MASTERRACE" even though I wouldn't be surprised if you never played any of said games you're ragging on and of course you didn't exactly say how many games is "too few" to warrant buying a console for them. The Wii U, I would say at least, has at least 10-15 games worth getting, not including any cheap e-shop stuff, which I would say is enough to warrant the average consumer wanting to spend 200 to 250 dollars for it. It's emulation potential is also good for poorfags who want to play all the older games they never had the money to play.

I think your main problem is trying to argue that there's a single solution everyone should follow, but I don't think you have enough experience to be telling people how they should be spending their hard earned (or stolen) money.

This thread is hitting autism levels that shouldn't even be possible!

I'm not. It's still funny to me that you didn't think anyone could live for $900 a month in America.
You mean all the games you are allowed to play. You have to ignore some good games because you simply can't buy them.

Agreed. This is fucking stupid, but I want it to continue.

There are other simple solutions to.
It's not hard at all really. It's basic college student survival knowledge.

Right…but not everyone loves what you love.

Honestly, most PC games don't interest me at all or just strike me as more triple AAA level critic bait trash. I can understand why some people may want to have some kick ass rig that can play all the latest releases, but if I spent that much on a rig, I know I'd probably just be playing PS1 games, MAME roms and cheap weeb games I bought off Steam or older PC titles like Deus Ex or Doom. If that's the case, then a bargain bin laptop suits and one handheld and one home console suits all my gaming purposes just fine.

Tell that to the other user. I have no shame in supporting a few devs who I think deserve the money. I bought a PC to make sure I don't get jewed out of money before testing a product.

This is what I was waiting for.
You're partially correct, it was a ballpark figure but ultimately the Newegg DIY deals are cheap as hell, and usually go for ~500 for a machine easily capable of emulating PS2 gen games and a few good current year titles.
The rest of your post goes on about making the rig available to play newer games in the future. Yes, it would be more expensive. But my original argument was about how buying this PC would allow you to play…let's say every game made up until 2010, and quite a few titles after that. Barring xbox heug games and shit like that.
my argument here is that paying for a PC to play an endless library of games for free would be a smarter choice for someone wanting to get the most bang for their buck
I'm not saying that you'll be able to play all the games, that's obvious. But you WILL be able to play the games that you want to play at any moment.
Depends on an individual basis. If someone buys only a few games, then yeah. Consoles would be the better buy. But again, that's not what I'm arguing. PCs are the better choice for people who want to be able to play the most games.
What? I'm saying both. Outside of a few consoles, the PC can play everything. If someone wants to play a select few games and not buy a PC, that's fine. Do that. I've said multiple times now that consoles have their pull for people who really only want a few games, or for other purposes that make them the clear winner.
In terms of the average user wanting to play a fuckton of games, buying a new console like the NX IS retarded, and could put that money towards different shit, assuming they're not made of money.
Doesn't mean shit, the only people I see praising these games have a clear bias, but that's all subjective shit so lets not even waste time arguing that nonsense. I've also played a good chunk of these amazing Wii U games and wasn't impressed.
Because that's a different question entirely, I'm not here to argue the semantics of that. In one of my original posts I said that multiple things should factor into a console purchase.

The Wii-U IS probably worth it if you hack to play pirated backups, if you have the extra money
Read my other posts next time:
The only time I could ever see purchasing a console as OK is if:
A: You're buying it for children
B: If you're too busy to fuck with a PC and want something that will plug n play with ages of fucking updates of course
C: The console does everything a PC can do, except accessible to casuals and retards

That's pretty much exactly the point I'm trying to make here. A cheap laptop can play all these crazy games, and for free. Again, every situation is different, and if someone bought a cheapo PC and a $200 console to balance out the amount of games they can play, that would be a pretty smart decision.

Except you can have a computer and a wiiu.
How do you not realize this? How do you have this much autism?

Fuck off if you can't read. Filtered.

The best bang for your buck would be a $100 laptop with hundreds of dos and windows 2000 and earlier games on it.
You are clearly moving the goal post.

What about the whole thing where you said someone can't find a cheap apartment?
If you care about "bang for your buck" why aren't you informed in decent rental prices?
Also don't pretend that was your argument from the beginning.

It's funny to think that this autistic could have spent the time he used defending his sour grapes and use it for finding a cheaper place to live or work half a shift at a job so we could afford to play videogames instead of having to pirate them all and miss out of amazing games.
Hell, he has been at it for a few hours now. He probably could have bought Bayonetta 1 with the amount of hours spent having an autistic fit.

baynetta 1 sux

That isn't what you said at all
You are changing your argument after getting destroyed over and over.
Your first "argument" was.
People called you a retard for it, you had an autistic fit, showed everyone you live with your parents who can't figure out the proper price of rent and then moved the goal post a dozen times.

Anyone care to decipher that chicken scratch?

$430 and beats consoles
pcpartpicker.com/list/kLRL9W

Not interested unless it plays 4K and the jew case is replaced.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Nice trolling.

Do you have the link to the TGS awards? I missed it.

Aren't you excited for DR4 : Frank is back !
Have I mentioned that the game will have Frank ?
Can't wait to play Frank again in this new exciting game !
Frank West himself !

Honestly, the way things look to me NX is more than likely a collection of phone accessories ala Pokemon Go+ clip that "enhance" a number of games that will be offered on their new digital distribution platform app on iOS and slightly later Android.

Any sort of telivision hardware I can't see doing much aside from being a steam box to receive from your phone.

We'll see I guess.

They officially ordered 10 million NXs at foxconn, and the Ubisoft CEO is constantly talking about "the machine", so it's looking like the thing actually is a single device. For the whole hybrid rumors however, i wouldn't trust the most bleeding edge tech companies with that, and for Nintendo an attempt at that seems futile.

That sketch supposedly came from the same Foxconn employee who leaked the PS4 Pro and Slim earlier this year.

size of transformer

plug (female)

performance module

charge plug (male)

The thing at the top is the "Performance module", the thing at the bottom is the "Dock", as in the actual console, and the thing in the middle is the controller/handheld. The performance module is taken with you, like a powerbank for the controller.

It was posted on a9vg, a large chinese forum, and Neofag says that later on in the a9vg thread the people are saying that it's just imaginatory and laugh at Reddit and Neofag for believing it.

That's not Frank, that's some schmoe that looks a little similar to Frank with a camera around his neck that the military threw into a reenacting of The Willamete Incident trying to make another Frank West.

Where did he defend anything?

Are you illiterate?

Please, either go back or solely lurk

Finally figured out how VPNs work?

I don't usually post on 8, but I thought I'd drop by and say hi.

What they're doing is ensuring that there will be no time for the corrupt press to pretend as if the platform is a disaster before launch. They will reveal it with ALL of it's launch titles a couple of months before launch, use BOTW to make it hugely successful, and then build up from there.

Once the ball gets rolling, it won't really be stopped by anything the press says or does.

It's a fantastic way to keep people invested in the company without giving their competitors any knowledge they can use to counter them.

They don't want Sony or Microsoft to rip off their shit again

kys

Bump

Kill yourself cuckchanner.

Nintendo has sucked ever since gamecube came out. The worst possible option ever since. Bottom of the barrel games. I'm not even a graphics guy, their games just suck.

*mobile

Speaking of phone issues

Make pokemon go 2 NX exclusive and they will win. Doesn't matter if it just adds more pokemon.

Bump

you all used to be fanboys.

Last one I had was N64 and DS Lite

They are really missing out on making a a PROPER mobile pokemon game.
Really, people have been crying for a pokemon mmo since forever. Making an mobile game that requires you to get pokemon through AR, that you use to progress in the story. Then having enough multiplayer options to keep people hooked after the campaign, allowing you to make your only gym clan-style, that you and your friends have to rank up to get to "city gym"status, allowing you to dispense badges to anyone who challenges and wins against your AI controlled team.

People would fisically travel to other cities to collect badges and different pokemon. Having many badges would mean something.

A coffin takes many nails ed boy.

Anyway, i don't have that much faith in the NX. There just isn't much use for consoles this day and age. PC has got micro's balls in it's purse. And sony's chinese cartoon games have shown up on PC's shelf on by one. We just thought that buying the first neptunia game on steam would be good. We thought that more japanese and anime games would be good. What a mess we made when it all went wrong. But anyway, the fact that the nx is right around the corner, andcwe still know fug all about it doesn't bode well with me.

How much do you want to bet this thing will be a total fucking mismarketed mess just like the Wii U?
I'm not shouting "NINTENDOOM", their phone games will make it certain they don't die, but they're seriously fucking clueless about this shit.

The PS4 and Xbone already had ads at this point and we don't even know what the NX looks like.
Do you really think from now to early 2017 is enough time for the average normalfag consumer to really give a shit about it?

It's going to be a smartphone

what is NX?

I'm torn between either that, or that they've finally got a smart PR strategy. No matter how you look at it, a lot of people are talking about the NX right now. It's trending on Twitter, the google searches are off the charts, a ton of youtubers shit out speculation videos day after day. The downside of all this hype of course is that they'll have gigantic expectations to live up to.

Apple manages to get the average normalfag consumer to give a shit within 1 week between reveal and release.

its like they want to fail

Who would want a blowjob from that?

since we're here, does anyone think Nintendo will fuck it up again by giving the thing worse specs then the Smach Z?

you

me

If it's less powerful than the Wii U, im seriously disappointed.

The steam controller thing? Are specs even known for that?

all me

How exactly did it go wrong?

Says you.

This should be a federal offense.

Cat is always good.

DO HUMANITY A FAVOR AND OFF YOURSELVES, ANIMALFUCKERS

pick one

Bad indie games have a low market impact.

Bad triple AAA games cost hundreds of people their jobs. There is a big difference here.

more like the nintendo NMS
heres some food for through you fucking ingrate, they havent "unannounced" anything either
so anything is possible

and zaboomafoo

And then you petition masturbate over and over
WHY CAN'T THIS GAME COME ON THE PC

THE STICKER IS DIFFERENT IT WILL COME ON THE PC FOR SURE THIS TIME

Case in point, the Yakuza 0 thread just a couple of pages back. PC gaming is a sad meme

On a completely different note, the newest direct announced yet more games that are being ported from the WiiU to the 3DS. Which gets me thinking, that maybe the NX could be backwards compatible OOTB. If the NX is really based on the Tegra, it'd be stupidly easy to do. It would look like shit mind you (remember that the 3DS has a 400x240 resolution), but it's perfectly doable. In fact the more i think about it, it seems to me like it can perfectly be just a evolved 3DS with more up to date chips, in the form of a tabletoid.

Something tells me everyone is going to be very dissapointed in it though

What's Nintendo, some kind of computer company?

Nintendo…..the gimmick maker!

Nope.

Nintendo is a toy company (back in the day this triggered Nintendo fans).

Nintendo was a playing card company for the majority of its existence.

I came here to see retards defending consoles and I got it, sure the NX might be different because we dont know jack shit about it but you faggots defending the current console generation are fucking hilarious

You've first read it here pals, the NX will become known as the Ngage2 of failures.