Should I play FEAR vanilla or with mods/fan patches?

Should I play FEAR vanilla or with mods/fan patches?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/F.E.A.R.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There is absolutely nothing wrong with F.E.A.R. Not everything is obsidian shit.

dunno fam

I dunno. I heard the AI is pretty good. I remember that Stalker cut some NPC functionality that is partially restored with mods, so I just wanted to ask if there is something like that with FEAR as well.

But I didn't thought it was pretty likely, because Stalker is openworld and FEAR is linear.

I am planning to play some of the old shooters and games that I missed. Stalker and FEAR are on the list.

Should I play the FEAR sequels as well? People don't seem to regard them as high as the original.

Why not both?

The expansions are somewhat okay, but the sequels are straight trash. FEAR should have ended after the second expansion and lived a happy life as that really good FPS from 2005. Now it's remembered as that shitty franchise with one good game.

Vanilla is fine.

you may need some fan patch, I've heard it has some weird performance issues with more modern computers

Depends on what the patches do. There's no need for any sort of rebalance shit, but you might need compatibility stuff or maybe texture improvements

I never heard of any cut functionality.
Those are a strange beast. There were two stand alone expansions third party developed, and two monolith developed sequels. Against all odds, the third party shit was better.

Vanilla but be sure to put the difficulty up if you're any good at shooters.

And in terms of sequels definitely play both expansions. Give 2 a shot but don't pay for it, it gets reasonably enjoyable a few hours in but never matches up. 3 is worthless outside of coop and even then it's fucking competitive coop, the worst fucking type of coop.

FEAR is near perfect, you dont need shit

Hah. If you knew me, you would know that I always play on the hardest difficulty setting. :)

you have more of these?

Then all is well. If that still isn't enough you can unbind the slow motion key. Most people do that for a second playthrough anyway.

Nah, I like to have fun.

I actually am currently playing Turok and I played on hardcore, which really is hardcore as fuck, if not impossible.
I looked up videos on youtube to see how they deal with it and it turns out that these faggots all turn down draft distance, which may be how the game was original, but it also makes the game very easy in comparison to my uber-hardcore mode.

So yeah, in that case Idk, I haven't continued playing but I certainly will not do it on hardcore in that case. Also all the playthroughs on hardcore are more like speedruns. Instead of exploring the level, they already know the level while I am basically doing it blind while looking for secrets.

Only problem is that hard is almos as hard as hardcore, but normal is so easy that I finished the first level with 250 health, which if you know retro shooters where health normally only goes up to 100 is quite the feat.

Then stick it on the hardest and enjoy. Also the dual handguns and the shotgun are the best weapons in terms of fun.

I don't think there are really any mods/fan patches for FEAR 1.

All I really know are a few custom levels that were put on moddb, but I don't know of any patches or more significant mods like overhauls.

Anyone know of other stuff?

i dont get what your memeposting was suposed to mean

The fucking extraction point resolution keeps reverting back to 640. I've changed the cfg file, made it read only, tried launching it as xp compatible and nothing.
Any user know a workaround?

yeah fuck you brule

Not in this order nor at the same time.

you say this, but I don't think you realize how absolutely mediocre monolith has historically been. Fear was a fluke, but even then it had major issues like incredibly bland level design.

Vanilla is fine, i never even hear about popular mods for it

here is a good site that explains a lot
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/F.E.A.R.

Consider yourself lucky and stop asking things you're better off not knowing.

lol wut the fug thats weird
just use the searchbar for FEAR its still there i checked