I just saw on GOG that The Saboteur came out today so I can get it DRM free...

I just saw on GOG that The Saboteur came out today so I can get it DRM free, so I don't have to cuck myself through Origin. I've never played it before, and I really liked Pandemic games before they died out, so I'm certain I'll probably enjoy what is considered their swan song.
So I'm going to my point: Mercenaries 2 was rightfully disliked for not being as impressive as it should have been going from PS2 to PS3, and it had a fair spread of glitchiness through. However, I found Merc 2 to be a load of fun. I wish the game still supported online in any fashion because it was endlessly enjoyable to blow up shit with nukes, RPG's and the like. I find it more enjoyable and satisfying than Just Cause games, and RF:G comes close. Merc 2 destruction wasn't as fancy as RF:G, but it sure had hell of a lot more impact! Does anyone else still manage to have a load of fun with Merc 2 despite it not vastly improving upon it's predecessor?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamestorrent.co/mercenaries-2-world-in-flames-reloaded.html
igg-games.com/mercenaries-2-world-in-flames-free-download.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How is The Saboteur?
It always looked neat, and I like an open world game. But how's the gameplay and story?

For me it feels like a pointless game, like what was hot those days? gta gameplay and killing Germans, they do it but in a souless style.

I don't really think anything Pandemic made was considered "souless".

if you can get the Teknogods mod you can play mercs 2 with a friend over lan, google it One person hosts the server and the other joins it. Also works over lan tunneling programs

Ok.

The game is empty.

All you can do is blow shit up and kill Germans. Admittedly, a region getting back its colors when liberated was a nice touch, but it doesn't save the game from the uninspired storytelling, shitty parkour, janky combat and driving and lack of content. These open world sandbox games are only fun if they have a fair number of fun side activities you can tackle inbetween story missions.

Also, it's pretty obvious that whoever made the game knows fuckall about history, since you have Stg 44 and Panthters in 1940.

The nigger is also of the magical negro variety, super smart and all business.

I had fun with it. Not as good as Just Cause 2, but it's decent. Also Peter Stormare voices the protag.
Just remember: Pirate, and if you like it, buy it.

i disagree. I was surprised how Saboteur despite being a mish-mash of features from several franchises:
etc, developed it's own identity. It has quite a lot of neat touches. One of my favorite examples:

or

It had pretty simple story with fun clique characters, and while graphics is shit, game-play is really solid hybrid of stealth-action and gta-clone.

It's meh. It's not bad but something is missing for it to be good.
Weirdest thing is you can't pinpoint exactly what.

meant for

this I like from yesterday

I liked that game a lot on the PS3, it was the only Mercs I played. Multiplayer was fun but it was next-to-impossible to talk to people, so there was no coordinating or planning. Nuking and carpet bombing still has a charm to it but last time I played it no longer had the sandbox appeal where I could play for hours.

I got the preorder outfit bonus which gave the Swede a brownshirt uniform with Hitler jugend haircut and the girl a catsuit. You might want to see if you can get that.

This Mercenaries game is that bad? cant find a single torrent.

gamestorrent.co/mercenaries-2-world-in-flames-reloaded.html this is the torrent
igg-games.com/mercenaries-2-world-in-flames-free-download.html this is the non torrent download.

mercs 2 was a failure and singlehandedly killed the Mercenaries series, like all other big games money that should have gone into development went into stupid shit like that "Oh no you didnt" song and giving out free petrol to advertise the game.

funny, i went to that same site and the search didnt find shit

You have to be quite specific with their search engine.

I typed in "mercenaries 2"

Not the best game ever but an underrated gem.
Great protagonist and I liked the partisans setting

I really loved the Saboteur, but that fucking game was hell to get working, and never fully worked properly for me. As I recall, the devs went bankrupt just before the game launched, and the entire studio was cleared out immediately without any warning - no patches, no support, and the game just flat out didn't work for roughly 50% of customers. The publisher's response was just silence, equivalent "lol fuck u".

So, how's this GOG version run? Has it been patched and fixed? Or is it still a minefield of broken garbage hiding what is honestly a really fun little game?

Just poked around, and the GOG version of Saboteur is just an unmodified port of the launch version. The same bugs still exist, making the game incredibly unstable if not unplayable unless your rig happens to have exactly the right parts.

Can't even be bothered to pirate it, let alone purchase it, until GOG's staff decompiles the game and fixes those core issues.

Daily reminder Pandemic was killed by EA after this was released.

Just Cause may or may not be a better game overall, but Merc 2 has way better shop/drop system. You could actually buy useful shit at prices that were more adequate instead of paying your whole salary for blowinbg up half a map on 2 SMG mags that were just lying around anyway. The idea of walking into a military base and giving them a million dollar bribe to "misplace" a tank was pretty funny. And since you were actually a merc in for the money it was nice to grow your huge money pile and see the numbers climb.
Also Just Cause while dumb still took itself seriously.

What i'm saying is i like the flavour of mercs more.

They were killed just before this released, and I'm fairly sure none of the devs saw a dime for it.

Mirror's Edge also went DRM-free, does anyone know if it comes with the pure time trials DLC?

Supposly according to the pcgamingwiki page the main map bug is fixed. That would save me having to attempt messing around with meshes.

I feel the same way about this game.
There is a beta patch available but it breaks the FOV enhancing mod.
The publisher's response was just silence, equivalent "lol fuck u".
It is EA, what should one expect.

My synical sides says both of the recent GOG releases are based off of scene releases (like in the past) and that they will have just the bare minimum. The Saboteur doesn't even have the OST for example just the manual. That is not very enticing at all to me. It is very likely that EA wasn't even involved in this for than one second.