Well, we only got a week left to get our video games prepared anons

Well, we only got a week left to get our video games prepared anons.
Share those lists so we can prepare.
I need the Xbox one

Other urls found in this thread:

icann.org/resources/pages/faqs-2014-01-21-en#dns
wsj.com/articles/an-internet-giveaway-to-the-u-n-1472421165
cnet.com/news/u-n-takeover-of-the-internet-must-be-stopped-u-s-warns/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_name_server
pastebin.com/QrMGKnyy
pastebin.com/XvWffKE8
pastebin.com/YHURQd1U
pastebin.com/pyNUNY1Q
pastebin.com/MpVbQgwQ
ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10007392
gitgud.io/Put_something_here/git_version/blob/master/MegaArchive
gitgud.io/Put_something_here/git_version/blob/master/Roms ISO
gitgud.io/Put_something_here/git_version/blob/master/Gnu LinuxVidya
gitgud.io/Put_something_here/git_version/blob/master/v-OST
gitgud.io/Put_something_here/git_version/blob/master/NotGames
gitgud.io/Put_something_here/git_version/blob/master/Lewed_game_biths
opennicproject.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A week left till what?

ICANN doesn't control the Internet or regulate it in anyway, though, and it isn't being given away. It's a private company.

I'm not american, i don't care.

Why did you even post?

icann.org/resources/pages/faqs-2014-01-21-en#dns

Somewhat. The issue people have is that the UN doesn't have the same free speech standards that the US has so people fear that they could, through authority over ICANN meddle, with sites they don't like.

To reiterate:

They say they don't regulate but they have the power to through their management of DNS.

ICANN is under a contract with the Commerce Department to allow its status as a legal monopoly which essentially makes it an instrument of the US government. Once that the contract will be broken and jurisdiction of it will fall under the UN so it can keep its status. And as previously mentioned the UN has less stringent free speech standards.

Sauce: wsj.com/articles/an-internet-giveaway-to-the-u-n-1472421165

Prove it

It's a risk and a likely one (if you've read the articles you would know). There are numerous countries who proposed it go under the jurisdiction of the U.N. Wouldn't be the first time these companies or the U.N. have tried to increase authority over the internet.
cnet.com/news/u-n-takeover-of-the-internet-must-be-stopped-u-s-warns/

is canada at risk?

ICANN operates the ENTIRE World Wide Web Root.

I have been hoarding a lot of shit as well, in case something happens.

Well, it's inevitable. It will happen eventually.

Except it doesn't

Proof of burden. Provide a source.

burden of proof you fuck. In any case, made the claim first so he gets to provide a source.

kids these days

Hopefully every user in the US did this

DNS… what is it, even?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_name_server

Provide a source or fuck off kike.

Hypothetically what's the worse case scenario?

We got DMCA'd for torrenting the original Deus Ex, a game I legally own twice over (Steam and physical). Wanted to test GOG version because Steam version wasn't working.

I'm paranoid as fuck now, am I screwed if I go on emuparadise or some shit like that or should I just call it quits

Well, shit. I must've missed the announcement here. I guess it's time to start stockpiling games, books and other shit. Is there anything else we can do to stop this? I'm not american, but surely there's someone we can bombard with emails or something.

Kill yourself, retard.

8ch is shut down and we have to scramble to find backup servers and figure out how to connect through IP, there's Infinity.moe, IGG-Games, and other very obscure places for vidya that aren't on the immediate threat list and Cytube for Holla Forums related things if I recall. The website itself won't be shut down from what I remember though, which is why connecting through IP is always an option. I heard Cloudflare has issues connecting through IP however..

Get a VPN user, I recommend PIA.
www . privateinternetaccess . com/

I think at this point all you can do is pray and hope that it doesn't turn out as bad as we all think

Shit, I don't want to lose you anons. Sure post quality is sometimes in the gutter but I've really enjoyed all the vidya talk we've had over the decade.
Is embed relevant?

Your website gets banned for having a different opinion from globalist Open Society kikes. DNS protection like Cloudflare makes it impossible to direct ip connect. Kikes DDoS sites without DNS protection.

Kill yourself you worthless, retarded faggot.

share more

post those MEGA links

lol you’re a retard.

VPNs use DNS to work, say goodbye to that.

Sitting on your ass won't fix jack shit you goddamn lemming, act or die.

We're not going to lose each other so long as we have good backups set up and an organized plan for how to deal with all of this.

MEGA links to games
Share thread ROM links
pastebin.com/QrMGKnyy
Share thread general games (possibly outdated)
pastebin.com/XvWffKE8
Share thread vidya OST
pastebin.com/YHURQd1U
General ROMsets
pastebin.com/pyNUNY1Q
Wii games
pastebin.com/MpVbQgwQ

Get started quick. We don't have much time left.

Not American, I live in a third world country so there's nothing I can actually do

Missing Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue

WE RUN OUT OF TIME

WE NEED A SATURN LIST

QUIKE

WE NEED A SATURN MEGA LINK

more like we need a fucking Xbox MEGA link, I've wanted one for ages

are we wittnessing the first time user doesnt deliver?

IS THIS THE END OF ALL TIMES?

I posted MEGA links right a few posts up you fuckin sperg

WE NEED MORE user

SEE

thank you anyway for the links user, keep up the good work.

The first Assassin's Creed was pretty good before they dumbed down the preparations to an assassination to where you could just rambo it and still complete the mission.

Live in third world country
I can't possibly care less. This can only mean finding stuff can be harder, but other than that
I DON'T CARE

I have a question.

While websites might be fucked if this happens, does this have an effect on private servers and directly connecting with an IP at all?
Is there much any government could do if we make programs for chats and sharing things instead of using websites you find via browser?

Bumping because this question is actually valid

wrong chart faggot

Wrong SNES chart faggot

Might as well drop this here since the thread it was originally posted in is almost dead, and it might still be of some use to anons (being mentioned in the PS2 image and all). While still a work in progress, for anyone that does not want to deal with NISA's shit for the PS2 game Ar Tonelico II, the fan retranslation is currently on patch Beta 5a. The beta patches are generally locked behind needing an account on the forum the team uses in order to access them, but some user has dumped them all into a Mega folder.
mega:///#F!U9xGULJB!LYRULsnTNoHjMIljruxpzA

Do note that you need to follow the steps in the readme file to get it properly patched up to the latest (they have to be done in the right order; "at2_beta1_to_beta2" rar is a typo, as it contains the proper Beta1a to Beta 2 files), and since some of the rars have been noted as being unable to extract properly, some folders with those particular contents in an uncompressed format are also included now. You will also need to grab the actual game ISO elsewhere.

The fact that whoever made it couldn't be bothered to keep cover proportions the proper ratio, for the PSP games anyhow, annoys the hell out of me.

I seem to recall the user that made the usual Xbox threads kept a screenshot of games he had files for and was willing to dump some on Mega or Vola when people asked him. Wonder if he's been around lately.

Figured it had been a while, so I decided to get an update on this with a few more games out that I've seen anons bring up as being worth adding over the months, including Magical Pop'n.

Also, we'e now got 12 MB or so to work with, so I don't have to compress these as much to get them postable.

any list with more than 20 games is full of pretentious garbage the person who made it never actually plays

Have either of you heard the following saying by chance?
ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10007392

Share thread ( ) git repo manager here, the more up to date versions.

Mega Archives - PC - gitgud.io/Put_something_here/git_version/blob/master/MegaArchive
Rom/ISO's - Console - gitgud.io/Put_something_here/git_version/blob/master/Roms ISO
GNU/Linux - gitgud.io/Put_something_here/git_version/blob/master/Gnu LinuxVidya
Holla Forums OST - gitgud.io/Put_something_here/git_version/blob/master/v-OST
Not games - gitgud.io/Put_something_here/git_version/blob/master/NotGames
Lewd games bith - gitgud.io/Put_something_here/git_version/blob/master/Lewed_game_biths

Now that's an abstract kind of shitposting

The jews did this, though.

Motherfucker I lost

sounds pretty good

I want to go back so fucking bad.

too popular for you or something? its in MY top 9, but you have every right to edit my works, it isn't copyrighted. feel free to put overrated kvlt klasics that nobody really plays like deus ex or fallout 1 in its place

But yeah, we should be vigilant about thiss ICANN stuff

I'm more mad that you included Doom, For Honor, Half Life 2 and The Talos Principle in that shit list.

Indeed, better safe than sorry. Part of why I've been stockpiling old roms and (where applicable) fan-translations, incase those started to get cracked down on and become hard to obtain.

Outdated poem. These days it is the Jews who are in control and they are opposed to anything that infringes on their profits, which includes trade unionism, nationalism and Christianity.

You know how 8ch is delisted on google for spurious reasons? Imagine if it were delisted on the internet.

8ch's cloudflare protection also seems to prevent directly accessing the site via IP as well. Attempting to do so results in an Error 1003.

Holla Forums actually can be Google'd into now, probably happened after they took down /hebe/.

Get used to using alternative DNS servers too in case ICANN ends up fucking over default DNS. Better safe than sorry.

opennicproject.org/

what?

NOPE

In my half-assed search it appears that 2003 was the last time it was updated at the time.

Here is the real SNES chart

Added Magical Pop'n, removed shitty arcade ports

Where the hell is UFO Defense on that history of games

If Holla Forums stopped using cloudflare, would that let people access it through IP?

NIGGER WHY IS GOLDEN AXE ON THERE

WHERE IS ULTIMA UNDERWORLD

WHERE IS MECHWARRIOR 3 AND 4

WHY ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED

AND SIM CITY 4 CAME OUT IN 2003 STUPID FUCKING NIGGER

It's pretty much a b8 chart at this point.

Here's an updated version of PC history in case anyone is interested

It's not worth it to complain about the chart to people posting it here since no one knows who the original maker of the chart is

THAT PC CHART IS EVEN WORSE YOU STUPID FUCKING NIGGER. WHY ARE THERE SHITTY GAMES LIKE MAX PAYNE 3 AND BIOSHIT. WHY IS GOLDEN AXE ON THERE ITS A FUCKING ARCADE GAME

It at least motivates someone to fix it. What I'm fucking mad at is you fucking normalfags making these shit charts with absolute zero research done in them.

yo what happened to the link to PIFA, did they get it all sorted out

Since we only have a week left and I have a shitty data cap, can you please help me prioritize which games I should download? Shooters and stealth games tickle my fancy if that helps. My laptop can run Shadow of the Colossus on hardware mode at 60 fps but struggles to run Black.:
Pcsx2: Psi-ops, Darkwatch, Shadow of Rome, Armored Core 2
PC: GTA San Andreas, NOLF 1, NOLF 2, Area 51
Dolphin: Second Sight

there has got to be an updated version of that second chart.
anybody got it?

Do you guys really think this will make a big difference?

I already got a bunch of games, so I am not worried, but I am just wondering. Do you think its a 100% probability, or are you all just being cautious?

I guess they're all playing it safe, I don't really think that this will amount to anything in the short run. Besides, ICANN stays under american protection for at least another year, way enough time for Trump to just undo this bullshit.

We wont see the immediate effect, they never go full throttle right away. They always go slowly so you retards wont notice or will just shrug and go on with their lives because "its just …"

Here's a reason why you should ignore the PC chart

Goldenaxe was released with that Sega Ages thing, but I suspect thats not the reason its there.

Every thread there's always one retard who spergs out over this list, but I don't think I've ever seen someone get triggered enough to edit it, good job

Which was a shitty 3D remake on PS2. NOT PC RELATED

It's a game anyone recognizes as a PC game. It's a fucking arcade/console game. The only reason the stupid nigger user put it on there was because the PC version had some high res VGA mode. But that doesn't mean shit when you had a harder time doing shit like playing co-op or the fact that it sounds like shit. It's also missing effects like paralax scrolling.

I'm sorry your shit chart is shit and no one should follow it. Better luck next time.

Clinton is going to win though.

**It's NOT a game anyone recognizes as a PC game

Does it hurt to be this retarded?

I'm going to keep updating the chart just because of how salty one faggot can be

I might add Ultima Underworld and Mech Warrior games if I feel like it (which I probably wont) some point in the future

So why are you defending a shit chart?

No problem, I'll fix it for you.

I can read, for one thing

This should be entertaining

Go ahead, edit it as much as you want.

I may even adopt your new version in the future if I find it good enough somehow I doubt it though

The UN wouldn't take down ROM websites… would they?

No, I mean on Steam. They released a bunch of Sega Gensis games on Steam, which comes with modding tools to make it easy to modify.

On pcsx2, I'll probably just get Darkwatch. On PC, I'll get NOLF 2, Area 51 and Psi-Ops. Did I do good?

Then you might as well add every fucking Genesis game on there right? Hell, add every console game you can emulate, since that's what Sega is selling: fucking ROMs in there emulator.

It's a stupid addition that some dumb nigger dropped in there because they don't into PC gaming.

Can no one answer (me)?

Based on my cursory knowledge I'm going to say no. Anybody else is free to correct me though, this is a good question

Every time your favorite imageboard got DNS purged in the past, you could still browse by IP address.

Don't forget, you can still manually edit your hosts file to force everything on your computer to recognize domains and subdomains, pointing them to the IP addresses you specify.

I don't understand your argument.

What is wrong with buying roms? How is it any different than buying digital games in general? Both are merely data you download to your computer. Both can be easily pirated and played for free. So why is purchasing roms not okay, but anything else digital is fine?

And as far as enjoyment and replayability go, games from the era almost always trump any modern equivalents so they're actually more value for your money too.

Hey, you bought a secondhand Xbox 360, and wanted to play Doom and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles again. Well, sign into your account and re-download them! Oh wait, you can't.

Well, maybe play four player co-op Scott Pilgrim on PS3. Oops.

A month ago when it was the not topic on pol some users came in and stated ICANN is only responsible for associating domain names with IPs meaning as long as you have an IP you can directly connect to a server. The organization has no authority beyond delisting sites on the internet meaning the most the UN could do with it is "shut down" (read delist) sites from the normalfag view.

I don't know what you're talking about but it sounds like a design flaw with those consoles services and not an actual argument as to why purchasing roms are worse than purchasing other digital goods.

The way Steam does it is the emulator itself is treated as a game in your library, and all the roms as dlc. Meaning they work like everything else on steam and can be re-downloaded how many times you want on how many machines you want.

I pirate most everything for convenience and monetary restraints anyway, but if I had the douh and if the official emulator was up to par I wouldn't mind purchasing the stuff. As Ive been saying this whole time, its no different than buying any other digital game.

Same. I'm Irish and I have no idea what I can do

I really hated BG. Granted, I had the steam EE but it was still a shitty game imo.
I didn't like planescape torment either, too much text tbh. I'd rather read a book.

Digital download content that has to be activated or downloaded from a specific provider is a pretty tedious way of future-fucking yourself.

oy vey I used to play the shit out of that when I was a kid

Kill thyself, asap.

In other words, putting the 8ch IP address or the regular site name "8ch.net" will still work?

The whole list is bait, I still wonder why they left supreme commander in there though

I think they left one or two decent games in there to make the bait less obvious

No, it's overwhelmingly bait. The few games there are adding another layer.
It makes people think that the creator believes those good games are shit, which is why he used them for the image.

Is this better?

Bump for freedom you shitlords, we have a job to do

You missed a spot.

Broken Age.

Would you care to explain how?

You do realize that the one in that picture is nudoom right?

icann bump

shit list tbh fam

>>>Holla Forums
:^)

Looks really good.

Fixed

Thats indie walking simulator trash and you have shit taste because of it

Bump for actaully worth while related stuff in a long time.

the preparation to the assassination in the AC games? Really? Dumbed down?

Nigger, they had you running around a featureless, samey looking city, pickpocketing bums, collecting fucking flags and doing the same climb a high spot to see a vista bullshit. The first game is absolute garbage and isn't even worth playing. None of the games are. They are all bad.

It's a shitty meme pic. Supcom is a good game.

Looking to get going on the PS2 library because i missed out on a lot of shit. I was primarily an xbot last gen though and missed out on the majority of PS3 goodies, so I'm looking to get a backwards compatibility PS3 to satisfy both interests

Is it worth going for the first run of hardware backwards compatibility PS3 models? Can't really afford to deal with a YLOD, if one was going to get a YLOD would it have done so by now? How much of a difference is there with the hardware compatibility vs software emulation in the second run?

The seond run I belive only has software emulation.
Sony PlayStation 2 (USA) Collection
8517b-29d393c291aa3-31e9f479b3767321-b200ed
Just remove the -'s.

Nothing's gonna happen.

I opened a tab on every game I've heard of from the archive.org PSX redump. Jesus christ this is going to be a while to download, I need more hard drives.

anyone got the ps1 games up on MEGA?

go back to tumbrl.

bump

Bump

It's going to be alright lads, the positives are winning.