Be 8 years old

Holy fuck this spooked me the fuck out. Somehow I managed to actually finish that game, which is rare for child me.

The dragon was bae as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/42TupUcpxPw?t=115
youtube.com/watch?v=mloKxbSd9qo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And by "this" i just mean the intro. It was looping.

I have very fond memories of this game despite how KQ fans despise it

Fuck King's Quest. I hope you like bullshit esoteric puzzles.

wew

The puzzles were too hard, yes. I guess I just don't think on the same schizophrenic level as you and 1980's Sierra.

You must not have gotten very far at all if you react with this much hostility.

Help me Holla Forums, please.

You are correct, I only ever played KQ in computer lab in elementary school and promptly turned that shit off to go play S3&K

I know nothing of that. It was my only KQ game and I had fun with it.

Mate, I was 8 years old and I beat the game.
If 8 year old me could do it, then the puzzles weren't too hard.

post it on r/tipofmyjoystick

I look forward to what kind of game it was and reading your post history, baby ;)

Is this it? Skip to 2:40.

Even a child can trial and error their way through puzzles, user.

I dont think I was just brute forcing my way through the puzzles. It wouldn't have been fun.

I guess I was just doing it wrong, then. I'm glad you can enjoy a game that I can't.

That shit broke me, i was suicidal depressed when i went to give the cartdrigbe back.
Later on i learned that most people are pieces of shit that dont give a fuck about the stuff people lent to them.

It was these little things that made me end up here with you autists.

That's odd, I've searched about MediEvil when I firts read found out about it, but I've never seen this cutscene.
I guess it's this game, was it on anything not Playstation? It's way different than what I remember, but I really think that's it. Old memories are weird, the way they distort and you don't even notice… Same might've happened to the console.

I think KQ8 is seen the same to KQ fans as Ultima 9 is to Ultima fans.

being 8 years old helps, you can enjoy pretty much any game

you are so sweet, user
aww

Never played Ultima either. lol

Same with Fable. I didn't know that there was such hype in the game at all and just enjoyed it. Became one of my favourite games, even though it's lacking in a few regards.

I definetly did follow the delvopment of Fable 2 though.

Oh back when we used to buy pc gaming magazines. It's amazing to me that they still get sold.

I doubt this unless KQ8 is also buggy broken unoptimized garbage like U9 was.

Why are you trashing one of my favourite games from childhood, user?

Next you are telling me that Turok Seeds of Evil sucked.

I was describing U9. I've never played KQ8.

oh, forgive me

these guillotine traps man

If it happened towards the end of the year 2000 it could be that your friend had a PS one and so you hadn't thought that it could've been a different kind Playstation.

The Champion Eternal? I expected you to be more… regal

In the late 90's, I was about 15yo and hooked to this new game I got, called RE2. Our house at the time had some kind of loft connecting to our backyard, were we placed our computer because "it was a nice ambience".
I was playing the game at 2am, immersed as fuck, with the cold wind hitting my back (there was no wall between the loft and the patio), with the backyard on complete darkness.
At some point I got to the part in the police station were you have to return to the hallway with a lot of windows, when suddenly a shitload of zombie arms broke the glass and grab you.
I nearly had a heart attack. I was smashing the keyboard with my fingers like a retard with a stroke. After I finally calmed down, I turned that shit off and went to bed.
Sadly never had a similar experience again with vidya :(

I don't get that reference.

The zombies in the second mission of thief dark project. Too spooky.

Who the fuck would ever like this genre?

The moral of the story is to never put effort in anything because all your progress can be destroyed in a matter of seconds
You teached your friend a valuable thing

Same with your shitty platformer.

You seem unreasonably upset.

My life is terror.

No fucking idea why I wasn't scared. I was chickenshit as a kid, but necromancers' faces felt fine.

I bet you were spooped out when playing the M&M RPGs though, right?

I never played much of 9, but I remember cheesing my way through early encounters and very very early reach an undead base swarming with high level undead monsters.

I never much played a lot of 9 though. Actually I dont think I ever finished a single M&M game, I just treated them as open world games.

I liked to visit Sandro because I recognized him from the strategy games

but why, it's among the worst of M&M

I agree. I still owned it tho

I remember owning 6, but never really playing it.

I really liked it, because in 7 I believe you could actually see the sprites of some of the units from the strategy series ingame.

underage pls go

>hardly even knew what the fuck vidyer gaems were at that point and had been disallowed for even watching Power Rangers because it was too violent

That shit was way too intense for me

are you into boys, user?

I was saying he was a good friend. Still is for that matter.

you didn't answer my question ;)

Never been able to find this game and not sure if it even exists. I thought it might have been Beneath a Steel Sky since I'm Australian.

good for you, i got stuck in the 1st level because i couldn't go past that waterfall, i searched everywhere for a solution but nothing. Can still remember the MC's voice after making him repeat to death "Water is too strong, i cannot pass!"

Out of this World, maybe?

that was the most vivid dream i'd ever had, and I never had one at that level like it again.

Did I slip into some weird dimension for an hour or something? I remember it being an hour for some reason. I was certain that the time in the dream was an hour.

Oh my god, it fucking is. Thanks dude.
It definitely looks like what I was imagining.

I perfected a method to force myself to wake up from nightmares.

The worst thing is when you see a black spot imprinted on your eye and think it's an insect, while you are waking up. Always freaks me out IRL.

Or when you are so incredibly tired that you are awake, but your body gave you so many "drugs" that you are incredibly tired.
I once actually woke up right again at the nightmare I woke up from. That sucked.

Luckily the monsters weren't undertale like self-aware or I might have actually been the protagonist in a horror movie.

youtu.be/42TupUcpxPw?t=115

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=mloKxbSd9qo

enjoy

Feel free to go back whenever.

I want to go into your room and cuddle with you and lick your cheeks. the ones in your face