ITT: Games that died thanks to new updates

ITT: Games that died thanks to new updates

It wasn't even that good to begin with but they could have actually done something special with it, nope, gotta go for the idiot-proof audience.

You forgot the worst offender, OP

Yeah okay

Every MMO.

Yeah okay

Some items are definitely more useful than others too.

I had fun with TF2 last year, but I uninstalled it in disgust with how it turned out today.

nail in the coffin

Balance and class identity was always a problem with TF2.

And that's been the same since 2007.

Is that a recent thing? I assume it is like OWs leveling minus getting loot per level.

Yeah, they added that to CS:GO as well. It's still useless when the game played fine for years without that.

That kind of sucks, although knowing Valve they would add crates per level, which still means jack shit since they need a key, at least the ones I get can be opened with no key (drop rates are shit though)

i don't wanna talk about it

You used to be able to manually connect to any Valve server, why the fuck did they take this away? I barely tolerated the shitty meme hats, meme weapons, meme updates that went nowhere, but this was the vomit icing on the shit cake. They've fucked up the setting into a giant shitty meme, I wanted Valve to do videos about the mercs going on cool adventures fighting each other, not about shitty meme bread teleporting and shitty romance. I wanted the story to unfold into something that wasn't a giant meme that went nowhere, fuck this Graymann robo New Zealand Aryan moon nigger shit that has also gone nowhere and was pulled out of a lesbian's ass. It's pure shit, it would have been better if development had stopped completely instead of it being updated into a meme game since the devs are complete retards who deserve to rot in meme hell. Fuck you Valve, I hope a Muslim shoots up your office

Yes and rather than fix those issues Valve decided to exasperate the problem with their shitty unlocks.

The only fucking reason they even added the XP system was so they could lock competitive behind a certain level in order to prevent smurfing, so only the first 3 XP levels out of like 50 serve any purpose at all.

Considering how well it prevents smurfing in OW I think is really not that effective.

If there's one worse case of a faggot term for fuckers who need to git fucking good at video games it's that.

Have you seen Battlerite user? it actually looks rather good and I think its also made by the same people

I know, I know
But this game really is a cautionary tale of fucking with the balance so much that you end up breaking some other thing in the process. So many characters remain questionably viable to borderline trollpicks and yet they continue to churn out champions/reworks that only end up confusing the already hopelessly confused balance and meta.

ayyo iz not lyk da itemz in n of dem selfs was da problem so much, i rly ain't lyk da map n jungle changes cuh i ain't rly think they was much imbalance there. round dis time is when a nigga notice dat dey was mo shitheads. n da thing w/ dota is dey was always lotsa dickheads n stubborn mugs but dey usually new sumn bout da gaem but now deeez niggas ignant as heeeeeyyyyylll fam

It's because they want to push a new "in joke" like The Cake is a Lie, which they tried to repeat in Portal 2 with potatos.

Thought I was the only one here who used to play this.
When they trashed the perfectly good economy to put in place a crate system was when I had finally had enough and quit playing.
Why they thought it was a good idea to make match rewards a huge gamble where the worst player can get better shit than the best player purely based on luck is beyond me.

you tried.

how dey give da pie nigguh teef fam?

see
it isn't dead though, so I'll give you that.

When does the actual shit involving tf2 start?

around 2:00

Oh it's the same whinging about unusuals and shit you see every thread which doesn't actually break the silhouette system ok thanks for that.

The fact it doesn't utterly break it just shows how good it is that it still somehow functioning under the piles of bullshit. There are other things like the weapons and load outs that fuck things up, but both you and I know it has been said before and will go nowhere.

It's quite a lot less than I remembered.

Besides, there's plenty of games still alive that are dead at heart. Like Maplestory and Runescape

The levels on weapons and hats matter now?

no, but you gain xp from playing matches for you account, but nothing happens when you level up as far as I am aware. I'm pretty sure it is just there to mirror overwatch.

But the fact of the matter is that the argument for "Artstyle" relies on the aesthetic basis of silhouetting. If it is still functional than it as an arguing point is utterly null and void.
I am however interested in your argument on loadouts and weapons. Whether they hold up to scrutiny or if you are going to wax on about how "x" weapon nobody uses because it's a piece of shit ruins Blank class.

While I can appreciate numbers going up as someone with passing Disgaea interest, I don't like them in TF2.

The more I hear about this update the more it feels like they ruined everything, and not in the meta F2P influx of users way…

Hey queer ass.
Stranges have been a thing for five years.

lol it's not like you paid for all the extra content stop being entitled

I know that, but that was per weapon, at least. I don't have a rationalizing reason for why weapons are different from character levels at the moment.

I will shove my head up your butt and cringe so hard I explode causing total intestinal failure with you, if you post this piece of shit representing nothing image again. You stupid subhuman shitposting sack of crap.

The silhouetting is actually somewhat fucked up by cosmetics. For one paints can be so egregious as to make it hard to know what team someone is on, and some hats actually make it harder to snipe by obscuring where the head hitbox is (there is one that look like a pumpkin and is much larger than the head). As for the loadouts, some i dislike and some are ok. The main thing I don't like about them is it also ruins the silhouette, as you can't tell if that heavy is safe to approach as a spy or if he is gonna whip out the huo long heater and fuck you up in two seconds. Another one would be the phlogistinator as it actively discourages you from using team play and to just mindlessly walk at enemies hoping to fill your crit gauge. But things like the kritzkrieg are ok as they fill a niche that was legitimately missing.

Both are virtually cosmetic and have no effect

I know that and I don't like it. I guess time will soothe my asshurt.

Name one Item/Paint combination that can actually prevent identifying what team a player is on Seriously one.

lol find me a game with players that's as old as tf2
free updates kept the game alive and added so much new content and features
and best of all they were free, why are you complaining?

Lime green or pink on every cosmetic. Try and see if you can identify that neon green scout before he shoots your face in.

I will buttfuck you into oblivion, so hard that I ejaculate pure cyanide gas. Nothing will be left of you arsehole, not one god damn thing. Men will weep over the actions I have committed as it was an atrocity, a sin, a bender for me as you desired this all along. You cockshifting thor monger.

I never even played it until 2012. I missed the whole damn thing. Free updates don't mean good updates and while taste is subjective yours is abhorrent shit on another fucking scale, we can use planets to measure how awful you taste in things is user. If I had the power I would hope the sun into our planet, your town first just to kill you off quicker than myself.

Diablo and Quake as well as Doom are still a thing.

Identify the guy who as 45% of his body covered in a team colored T-shirt?

lol do they even support matchmaking, what about stats? I bet the community is shit, can I even buy skins to support community content creators?

it's a joke
it's been many years since I've used this image but you seem pretty fuckin mad m8

Didn't it peak at 100k or is that an over exaggeration?

user, if you couldn't tell that 164aa3 was being facetious in his posts, especially with the images he posted, then I think you may have autism.

Also,
F2Pfags should do everyone a favor and leave any discussion of TF2's decline.

But the blanket is transparent in that picture.
And the plate is most likely for him because it's in front of him and nobody is around

You know what
Just to prove a point I'm going to open up GMOD
Stick EVERY scout cosmetic available and all class items lime green to a red scout and pink to a blu scout.
Just to prove the point that you are full of shit

It was a lot more than just 44,000.

Community is mostly community driven and no you don't need to purchase anything so why would you?
I don't care if it's a joke, the image is so awful it makes me want to puke.

I ain't leaving jackshit. I don't suffer from autism, I suffer from chronic idiocy get it right, there is a difference. I missed when TF2 had a half decent playerbase just like any other fucking cockamamey game from post 2007. I can vouch my opinion on these things and if I'm wrong well prove I'm wrong and hammer it down or fuck off.

As you can clearly see
You can still tell what team the scout is on

Uh, I have it on good authority from Funny Master PC Maymay Man that it's money that steers communities. You better get on down to the Steam Discussion Boards (RIP vbulletin) and get your facts straight. I bet your steam level is so low that you can't even use trading cards.

wew lad. Your shitposting skills are dumpster tier. I'll have you know my Steam level is 45 so get fucked I spent more money than you! XD

he looks like santas little helper

Yeah, turns out, not every scout cosmetic is set up to be painted.

It hasn't "died" as much as it's been kept barely alive while its limbs are cut off and organs removed with a rusted bowie knife.

MMMMMM GREETINGS GABE AND VAPE HERE

My little respect I had for Blizzard vanished when they made The lost Vikings into a fucking inside joke.

Shattered Horizon

saw this on Steam today gameplay looks like it might be fun but the colour palette sucks dick

that ID and post number

why do people keep responding to this? This is the weakest bait I keep seeing next to :^)

Because if someone doesn't mock the idiots for even pretending to be idiots then in no time our community will be filled with genuine idiots who think they're welcome.

Health regen was fine, but the crates and COMPLETE lack of team balancing for matches (leading one team with nothing but railguns and AA vs a team with nothing but aircraft) is fucking retarded.

Let's share the grief brother. Hard Suit Labs pissed all over our dreams.

5-star post.

Its impossible to balance now with how much variation there is.
It was easy when you could only have 1 weapon type and there were only 3 different weapons, but now you can have any combination of weapons and theres shitloads of different types.
They dug their own grave.

Nah, it's totally possible- they're just lazy fuck.

I could easily design a working system, but they're too afraid to piss off a few whiny faggots (and yet end up losing thousands of players in the process).

Well losing half their playerbase over the crate bullshit doesn't help matchmaking when theres so many variables to account for.

nice

Yeah, that too. The funny thing is, crates still wouldn't be too bad if they just gave you robits by default for every match, and the crates were just a surplus.

I had hope for hardsuit labs taking over, I should have realized how casualized the playstation version actually was before they fucked over the PC version by porting it over.

It's dead to me, that's what counts.

How have new updates made it worse though?

The major ones always just added more stuff to the treadmill. I didn't mind that part, since everything in life is a treadmill.

What ruined it for me was the fucking Second Dream update, where they removed the mystique from the Tenno, and in doing so made the player character fucking unbearable, which killed one of the only draws the game had left for me.
YOU HAVE TO PILOT THE ROBOT SHINJI

I don't think any have made an astonishing negative impact, but there is a lot that is good or bad based on opinion.

It only gets worse. At least back when all the crafts were single-weapon matchmaking could try to balance things out, but now it's a total crapshoot.

Regen was an okay idea but it's way too OP. Should be slower so that a near-dead bot can recover enough to limp back into battle partially recovers or play long game and do a sleeper strike. Not this near-instant shit where if someone finds cover they're as good as new in moments.

And steering skis have been broken for ages.

Matpat confused it with tf2

At least you're rightfully angry.

you can mute the operators in the options menu and ignore them.
All it really amounts to is the one good option letting you have high speed energy regen.
You can also put hoods up now so you don't have to look at their face when in your ship.

Except they do. Pyro is meant to counter Soldier and Demoman explosives with the airblast and to crowd control corridors

i played the game ever since the first week of alpha.
It went to shit way before that user-kun

Some day they will at ITT…. right :(

What did they do to it?

Steam stats are going to be skewed towards the fact that Valve titles require steam to run.

fuck you you made me feel

not dead

get out le funny pc gamer donut vr fat man

Clearly you don't know either