I got to the inner city New York area and I must say that the environment and lore is not really engaging or enticing...

I got to the inner city New York area and I must say that the environment and lore is not really engaging or enticing me to move forward with the game. Everything looks more or less the same.

I'm literally only playing it to see what I would personally enjoy about this critically acclaimed game. So far I do like the guns and the fact that headshots are more effective.

Basically what I'm asking is: Does it get any better?

After the airfield it becomes more spooky conspiracies and fun time.

No, it never gets better. Everyone on Holla Forums and anyone in the past 16 years who has ever said Deus Ex is good or fun has actually been wrong this entire time. You figures it out, OP, good job.

deus ex sux :DDDD

The bad guys have a fucking statue of a giant hand holding the earth. It's cheesy as shit.

Human Revolution is much better.

I didn't say it was bad, the gameplay is actually very good. But the story, environment design, and worldbuilding is just incredibly lacklustre.

No need to be a cunt m8

Why would want to go out with him or any user?

The only cunt here is you, m8.

Just don't be one of those fags who tries to finish it as soon as you can just so you can say that you've played Deus Ex. The game is at it's best when take time to stop and smell the roses. Dick around and experiment as much as you can.

For a lot of that, you're going to have seek it out yourself. Read newspaper articles, emails, books, etc. whenever you can. The cutscenes only tell you about half the story.

Once you pass the Airfield, then shit gets great. Your weapon will start getting enough mods to make it not shit to use, you'll finally have enough skill points to start not struggling with everything you do, and the game all in all starts becoming motherfucking Deus Ex.

If you picked up an assault rifle, keep it. Even if you dont plan on using that quantum hitmarker generator gun, the 20mm grenades it fires are good for dealing with small and medium robits

Always keep something on hand for dealing with bots. If you need to get past one with no explodies or EMP, you're in for a rotten time

Health Regen aug is for faggots and casuals

Don't fall for the "Swimming is a useless skill" meme. A later area makes it basically mandatory. Anyone who didn't have Swmmies at Advanced for this part was no doubt cheesing this portion with the regen mod like the zyme-snorting, Forty-drinking nigger he is

dont worry, i already do that

confirmed bait

But you specifically complained about the gameplay in your post here:

To me you sound like a casual who doesn't know how to Prod With The Prod

Ok, I'll keep playing until I hit that part then.

I also really, really dislike it when my fellow UNATCO troopers die so I have to keep save scumming to save them. If they are killed, does anything bad happen?

environments and worldbuilding isn't gameplay kiddo

holy shit he sure is one fat fuck

No, it doesn't matter if they live or die.
There might be some future dialogue that gets affected (knowing Deus Ex it's more than likely), but ultimately it's not important. There's no way you'll experience everything in one playthrough, anyway.

Since this is the Deus Ex thread, Sawn-off or Assault Shotgun?

I'm playing GMDX btw.

Sawed off if you wanna look like you're a colombine, Assault if you want to assault some ass if you catch my drift.

Though you should be using the prod.

Never have i seen such a punchable face.

A couple widows and some orphans, but not much else. What did you expect?

HAR HAR HAR

It's called a kike.

You know, the main reason why the world is so shit IRL and in DX.

prod

I want to use the Sawn-Off because pump action guns make my cock hard, but I want to use the assault Shotgun too because autoshotguns also make my cock hard. I dont want to invest mods into a gun I'll just end up replacing, so wat do boss?

And yes, I prod with the prod. Only on NSF and UNATCO though. MJ12 troopers are ZOG-worshipping cryptokikes and deserve a wad of buckshot applied directly to the back of their heads.

well… your reasons are sound, at least

given a choice between the two I'd go with the autoshotty

Who will help the Widow's Son?

The leader of MJ12 is whitey who likes to quote christian philosophers.

**what about the ching mercs

Lel

Sawn-off are always a shitty choice, dunno why they are even presented.
At the same range and even further, Assault Shotguns clean house without so many reloading problems. Longer than that needs Assault Rifle instead.

If you ever have to go close enough to someone a Sawn-Off actually pays off, you're already doing something wrong anyway.

Unless we were talking stalker, where the choice is very simple: Sawn-Off to fight monsters, Assault to fight humans.
So, uh… Keep both and use Sawn-off against Greys, jews and the lab monstrosities and Assault to kill UNATCO.

That's my boy.

Go with the Sawn-Off if you haven't already. Or you know, you can be an idort and do both, just switch after each kill.

Get double the boner.

I too prod with the prod, unless said NSF fuckers too do much damage, usually a couple get meme'd in the process, but again, I try not to meme anyone, but sometimes the prod isn't enough to prod with.