==The Film Waking Life==

youtube.com/watch?v=oVZ_lLUIIyU

Remember the the entire purpose to sway humanity away from religion was to destroy self sacrifice for a higher purpose. The Kikes don't want to religion, anyone who disagrees is a shill.

Roger Wilco out.

The cartoon character looks like Paddock..

They kikes thrive on religion. Marxism is a religion. They use Religion of Cuck™ against us. They use Jesus to make themselves into legends. They use Catholics against us. They use Protestants to fight their holy wars.
They're a small gypsy cult and yet everyone thinks they're magic and important because of religion.

Oh and kikes are a religion.

Worshiping a Rabbi as god of the universe isn't necessary for community. The fact is conservatism isn't going to save us. The future is our only hope.

Alex Jones was in the movie too

This film is pretty bad. I saw it once a few years ago, and the only memorable scene for me was a part where a director explains how films capture the reality that the filmmaker wants you to see, that whole spiel. He goes on to hypothesize how the captured reality compares to what people would call actuality, and so on. This part was the only scene that caught my attention because I'm interested in film, and it was a slightly different take on something I already knew. I would link the scene if I could find it, but the whole film is comprised of 5-10 minute segments discussing concepts like this. Instead I'll link a bit in the movie with Alex Jones.

There's no coherent plot; the movie just glides along from expert to expert as they explain various philosophical and metaphysical concepts like each one is some mind blowing revelation. And they would be mind blowing for people who don't regularly think about the "deep questions", but they aren't, because at some point most people have already entertained the thoughts that the movie presents on their own. For example, the movie covers topics such as the nature of dreams vs reality, reincarnation, being in time, reality as captured by the media, ect, but the movie doesn't explore these concepts in any interesting ways except to show that they exist and that you should think about them. And that's fine, I think. If the movie was intended to show people that these concepts exist and nothing more, it does the job. But if your familiar with the topics that the movie covers you will probably find that it simply presents you with concepts you're already familiar with, and maybe some of the experts will give you a few new insights you can add to your worldview. It may not sound that bad, but this movie has a running time of an 1h 30m, so it quickly becomes a slog of trudging through shit you might already be familiar with to get a few good nuggets of anything interesting.

This is where the main problem of the movie becomes apparent. There's nothing else in this movie to keep the viewer invested besides the dialogue. It's basically an info dump of words, it should be a book not a movie. To cover up the fact that the movie has nothing but pointless philosophical waxings to offer, the film uses a rotoscoping technique to draw all of the people, and has a washed-out hand painted aesthetic to give the film a dreamlike feel. It's alright, but the film doesn't do anything with it because you're still just watching people talk at you 90% of the time with the other 10% being ok-ish transition segments from scene to scene. It's all just words words words given a coat of paint to look deep and experimental.

Basically, this film is for people want to feel like an intellectual for a night. It has no point to make, and uses it's visual style to cover up a lack of substance, probably to trick retards that this movie is deep or insightful in any way. The concepts the movie brings up aren't explored in any detail, and come one after the other in quick succession to once again, convince retards that this film has anything useful to offer.

If you see that movie as a young teenager or something it will probably blow your mind, it did mine years ago. But you are right, it probably is very basic and downright boring for a cultured adult.

You're retarded, kikes use (((religion))) to control people. We need to end (((Judaism/Christianity/Religion of Cuck™))) to be free of the kikes influence.

Isn't it ultimately just about some teenager listening to all the arguments? Its just a montage of philosophies, as in what many of us go through as we go on the journey to what we deem the truth. We consume all types of philosophies from all over the world, no particular order, no link to them.

Actually beyond the dialogue it poses a much deeper question. Take the dialogue and put it aside and take in what is reallly happening.
The undercurrent of consciousness that pushes back out from the deepest recesses of your mind.

These are all representative of the boys single mind. It doesnt have to be revelatory journeybibto platitudes but an overarching narrative that binds each conscious mind.

You are replying to a shill pushing the whole christian angle once again (self-sacrifice is the greater target).

Sage and report these threads.

they use only one religion…. luciferianism, through that they intend to subjugate all. however they will fail.

ATHEISM WILL SAVE THE WHITE RACE.

ATHEISM WILL SAVE THE WHITE RACE

but i aint no fuckin fagget but id totally let u fill my firm muscular negronic butt up with ur genetically superior seed.. i would want to adpot a mixd race child 2 further our diversiy so in 2038 when SJW nazi faggot take over usa fully and become reich of degenirus long lost corrupt satan spawn of heaven fellen to the earth manipulates all of us to initiate ww3 to finalize destruction of to the human race as the demons have jelous and hatre of humanity since day universe was create by god 7 day ago GET THE VOICES OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

JUST

Heh, nice jest Schlomo.

Pretty much. Although I wouldn't say arguments, it's more people's perspectives on life and reality. The movie really doesn't argue one over the other. Or maybe it does. I'm not quite sure myself because the movie seems to contradict itself, I'll get to that in a bit.

You can't say this movie poses a deep question and then follow that up with two non-answer sentences. The movie doesn't ask any questions, and definitely doesn't answer anything. It doesn't give an answer, because as far as anyone knows there isn't one. Instead, the movie presents the audience with possible answers and interpretations. This is all fine, even the director sticks in his two cents at times. The problem that I have with this movie is that I don't think it knows what point it wants to make, and that it might be passing that off as being deep or insightful. Who knows, it might be pretentious enough to proclaim that purposefully not having a point is deep.

Anyway, I'll try and explain my problem with the film little better. First of all, false awakenings are an important plot point in the film, the main character has several throughout. These occur between the various segments of philosophical spew, and I believe (the director's cameo appearance near the end of the film confirms this) that they represent the boy's "false awakenings" to the answers of life he hears on his journey. Every time he hears something that would start to put perspective on the dream-like maze of events he experiences, he awakens only to be more confused and find more answers. He eventually falls into despair until the end of the movie, where he meets an idealized version of himself who claims "that living is simply the individual's constant negation of God's invitation to become one with the universe; that dreams offer a glimpse into the infinite nature of reality; and that in order to be free from the illusion called life, the individual need only to accept God's invitation." Given the internal logic of this film, we can also assume this explanation is another false awakening. So what then, is this film trying to say?

Well, if the main character never reaches a conclusion and is trapped in a never ending maze of anxiety and false awakenings, this sounds a whole lot like nihilism. But wait, nihilism was discussed in the film as another false awakening, so what's the deal? I'm sure this contradiction is intentional, and it probably leads to some argument of subjectivity and what not. Point is, this movie does not pose questions, answer questions, or offer anything to the viewer at all. Maybe the point of the movie is that people who look towards film for the answer to the question of life are morons. This film is not deep, and only gives the perception of depth. It's the Bioshock Infinite of movies. But hey, on the plus side it's pretty to look at.

My ranting might be autistic. I've never had the opportunity to discuss this movie beyond hearing normies say "It's so deep, omg."

A Scanner Darkly did it better tbh

It scanned the dark recesses of my butthole and found it hollow and empty.

Wrong. You're the same shill from all the other thread. Jesus was the rebel. Jesus was the firestarter. Jesus was the true inception and definition of Holla Forums no matter which way you wish to cut it. Blame religiosity and man made rules, but the Truth is not religious whatsoever.

The kid is dead.. he seemingly keeps waking from a dream, only to find out that he is still dreaming. Notice the lady on the televisions message.. he's dead.. his conciousness dwells in philosophical possibilities.

Scanner darkly was breddy good, but both were IMO