EasyRPG Player 0.5

Some faggots are making an open source implementation of the RPG Maker 2000/2003 engine so you can run RPG Maker games on web browsers, handhelds, and Mac/Linux computers.
blog.easyrpg.org/2016/09/easyrpg-player-0-5-potion/
easyrpg.org/player/downloads/

Other urls found in this thread:

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27020157
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

INTO THE TRASH

This isn't rpgmaker, this is easyrpg.

INTO THE TRASH

For what purpose?

this

This is actually really useful as some old RPG Maker games refuse to run correctly these days, this should preserve certain projects more easily moving fowards.
Thanks for the info user.
Don't mind the local spastic monkeys, they're in heat.

GET OUT

There's lots of neat RPG Maker games out there if you look in the right places and it's nice to have them working properly on modern operating systems or handheld platforms.

this is kind of cool

two things, increase compatibility and have code read to be used on multiple modern opreating systems, like GNU+Linux, *BSD, OS X, android, iOS, etc.

I kek'd

I can make you feel good in some other ways too, sweety ;3

Well, that was a good thread, OP.

???

It's open source. Just build your own.

What's wrong, user?

Was Rpgmaker too complicated for you to figure out?

Neat.

nu rpg maker games ARE inside of a web browser.
not kidding, I dunno about 2003, but VX's engine onwards is literally a browser.
their software is a glorified heavily modified one trick pony web browser.

test

go somewhere else
>>>/test/

But rpg2k-2k3 is outdated as fuck.

So what are some good rpgmaker games that I can play through this?

./configure && make && sudo make install
build from source or install the packages they have available for your distro

seconding.

please don't be so cringy in the future

What are QT widgets?

I'd like to know if 7th Stand User and Super Columbine Massacure RPG! can be ported to this.

There are really good RPG maker games out there, user. Just because you're not willing to give them a chance doesn't mean they're shit!

pls respond. What's really good about this easyRPG?

The problem is that for every good RPG Maker game, there are at least 100 shit RPG Maker games that only uses preset graphics and barely implements custom scripts or mechanics.

I have yet to find a game that implements a non-tile movement script, though.

As far as I know, it allows RPGMaker 2000/2003 to be run on Linux and web browsers.
On a semirelated note, there's a Smash Bros clone on RPG Maker.
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27020157

This is an emulator, m8.

bumping

There are few scripts out there that try to make pseudo-sprite based movement, but it doesn't look completely right and I haven't seen a game use them either.

How complete is this right now? Can I play the less than 10 RPG Maker games worth playing to completion with no problems?