Fighting Game General: Skullomania will be canon before Ingrid

Definitive Edition is out! Patch notes: ultra-combo.com/3-4-patch-notes/

Urien will be released September 22. Stage transitions, new RQ system and Daily challenges coming with the update. Color pack prices informed.
Mystery costume is a special one for Necalli. CPT DLC will be removed from the store in November.

New patch coming in October with balance update, new RQ penalty and some bug fixes.
Costume DLC in consideration. New characters still in discussion.
No plans for a new game yet. Many developers want their favorite title to be the new project.

Mai Natusme trailer released at TGS: youtube.com/watch?v=AqYOmp4SVIE
The game will be released on October 6th in Japan, Winter 2016/2017 in USA.

System and character balance update announced for the arcade version: avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2016/9/14/tekken-7-fr-arcade-online-update-version-d-balance-changelis.html
New trailer from TGS: youtube.com/watch?v=b2pv95-YIbQ

Mai Shiranui was released. She costs $7.99($15.99 with more costumes) on the PSstore, Microsoft Store and Steam
DOA5LR KOF Mashup Costume Set is $13.99 with individual costumes for $2.99 each.

Netcode patch and Kombat Pack 2 were tested on the Steam version. Expected to be released on October, 4.
store.steampowered.com/app/524620/

EVO Japan will happen in January 2018.

VF5FS added to Xbox One's backwards compatibility list. The game will be playable as one of the extra games of Yakuza6 on the PS4.

SNK Producer Yasuyuki Oda is aware of what the western fans wants as what SNK's next title should be: twitter.com/snk_oda/status/774496892457668609
Garou sequel would feature characters like Gato's father, a female disciple of Joe Higashi and a boxer who would be Rock's new caretaker and Kain's ally. mmcafe.com/news/posts/10217.html

Last Blade was released on Steam by DotEmu: store.steampowered.com/app/465840/

Blade Arcus from Shining: Battle Arena has been released on Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/446040/

Combat Core was released. No more on Early Access: store.steampowered.com/app/405670/

Download and register for Fightcade here:
fightcade.com/

Get the full rompack over here:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0

Guilty Gear Crash Course:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH

>Previous thread: archive.is/TDoUp

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/FightCade/status/708488780387377152
eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep/20/input-time-will-be-unified-across-playstation-4-legacy-controllers-and-pc-when-street-fighter-5s-september-update-drops/
shoryuken.com/2016/09/18/red-bull-themed-costumes-for-ryu-and-chun-li-along-with-a-necalli-costume-designed-by-kazunoko-are-coming-to-street-fighter-v/
twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/778634323524198400
kit-kit-kit.deviantart.com
archive.is/RGQwt
art-eater.com/2011/12/king-of-characters/
art-eater.com/2010/07/test-1-darkstalkers/
imgur.com/a/AsDy2
steamdb.info/app/311730/history/
archive.is/UKXGK
twitch.tv/manesix
eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep/23/capcom-removing-security-measures-they-just-added-street-fighter-5/
steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/0/343787283754578363/
youtube.com/watch?v=FE5J6LXk4ZI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mains template. Use it to post your mains.

Because it's fun

So I pirated DOA5LR and I had to fiddle around just to make it go fullscreen, glad I didn't buy it.
Having a lot of fun but probably because the base game itself is really good.
Being a fan of DOA2, I think the 5th is pretty much better in almost everything, for example the OST is meh.
Playing with the fighting stick is a lot of fun, I am fglad I bought one.

What the hell is even going on anymore?

My confolences

Wouldn't the FGC want those 8 frames to be removed?

Capcom said they wont remove 8f as to not upset the fgc faggots with a "sudden" change, only after the game has been out for a year and piece of shit tournaments end so they could "adapt".

Oh that's gonna hurt the game even more, fucking hell

IT'S A FUCKING
VIDEO GAME
I
D
E
O

G
A
M
E

So, after seeing some Killer Instinct videos I wonder. Did they fucked up with the already mess of a story?

Maybe it is nostalgia, maybe because I was a poor kid and couldn't afford a Nintendo 64 so I would never know what happened in Killer Instinct Gold, but I feel like playing a fighting game with 'factions' is retarded.

To anyone that plays KI online, are any of you encountering dropped inputs? I'm having moments like when I try to combo break, it's not like it lags and I end up getting locked out. It just doesn't do anything at all. It's infuriating and it's costing me matches that I shouldn't be losing.

I just want to know if it's something on my end or if KI's team decided following Capcom's example was the best decision for some reason.

DOA2 and DOA3 soundtracks are available as DLC on the console version of Ultimate (the one I have). So at least there is that but if you're on the PC I think you can just mod the music.

CapcomUS said they're going to "discuss" about the 8f. They didn't promised anything or maybe not even talked about with CapcomJP. The game was clearly build upon those 8f and was a stupid decision as is sticking to "muh roadmap" instead of listening to their fans. But hey, they sold at least 50k CPT dlcs so they're probably right.

SNK balacing KOFXIV is a little scary because they might listen to the vocal whiners and just pull an ArcSys and nerfhammer down Nakoruru and keep K' and some tatics like Geese and Athena supercanceling fireballs into their godly antiair Climaxes that are much more worrisome than something nullifying fireballs from fullscreen while her invul and OS cling are the real problem and SNK might not even bother with it since everybody only likes to talk about the bird. But is better than what KOFXIII had nothing

Like the game or not, that's a brilliant option and they even let the player assign tracks to menus, stages and characters. And LR has the DOA1 and 4 OSTs as well.

Also, fair chance I'll goy it up for Nyotengu again. Her Halloween '16 costume looks sweet.

Well, Daigo was shilling the 8f as a good decision because it makes the online and offline experiences more similar. I take it the dickriders gobbled it hook, line and sinker.

I admit I've only played online for two or three weekends but I've only ran into one Nakoruru but those 3 are everywhere. K' is fuckin' absurd with how much damage he can get from random ass hit confirms and Athena's just a fuckin' bully. Even though I'm possibly the worst KoF player on the planet, I think those two are much more than scrub killers.

Why the hell don't more games do this? I bought 2's soundtrack without hesitation and I've got no regrets except not actually playing because my monitor has better uses.

It's even more hilarious in SamSho where it's a constant factor. They're really unlike typical SNK hitboxes as well, much more like Capcom-style ones.

It's finally out with everything it should have. Frankly, I enjoyed the game so far.

never heard of it

Is fightcade not compatible with any Tekken games?

The frog Power Stone? Well, the chicks are stacked, I'll give 'em that.

None here. At the same time I'm using a gamepad. Check your end if you are using a stick because they rolled out a stick patch with Shadow Lords for Windows 10 that's compatable with more fightsticks and they might have fucked up.

Also Season 3 soundtrack comes out 26th of October.

Fightcade uses a modified version of FinalBurn Alpha. I read they're testing a new version since March with new games like UMK3, Soul Blade and Tekken3. Does anybody know about that update? I wish CvS2 was supported
twitter.com/FightCade/status/708488780387377152

SCV has the same options as DOA5LR having music packs from SoulBlade to SCIV. Maybe Tekken does that stuff too. KOFXIII had many old tracks as alternate ones for the teams/dlc characters. Blazblue and GGXrd have old tracks as unlockable/DLC. On 3SOE you can buy 2ndImpact and New Generation packs too but I think you can't really assign specific songs and just "swap" the soundtrack like KOFXIII.
But speaking of which,

Many games on the PS3 have custom soundtrack that let you play a song or a playlist of your HDD. Does the PS4 do that? Or you can only listen to your Spotify™ playlist? Because fuck Sony if true
But they could at least let you choose what music to listen like in Xrd.

Well, you can say it's his job but he is one of the few people that don't need to win tournaments to make money or stay relevant. He can write books, attend to events and shill on twitch and all that stuff like Maximillian but actually good at the games he play. I think could give a chance to non Capcom games. I heard he only played Guilty Gear a few years ago and tried Xrd at some events but probably for marketing purposes.

I hope whoever wants SamSho on SNK wins the pitch. And have a video showing the devs shilling their ideas for the SNK CEO and the chinese overlords.

I'll add to the OP next time I have the chance to make a new thread, thanks.

UMK3 and Tekken 3? Now that I can get behind.

eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep/20/input-time-will-be-unified-across-playstation-4-legacy-controllers-and-pc-when-street-fighter-5s-september-update-drops/

So, does this mean I wont be able to get around 4 of those frames on PC anymore?

and I wish NeoGeo BattleColiseum was supported.

But Atomiswave & NAOMI support NEVER EVER

Good god yes. At this point its less annoying to buy the fucking arcade boards.

Urien thong costume still missing?

Didn't they have it ready months ago?

I think it's just the extra input lag for the PS4 sticks. PS3 sticks actually have less lag for some reason. Or maybe they'll add the extra frame for the legacy sticks and DS4 for consistency.

KOFXI also NEVER EVER. The games were dumped years ago. Isn't there some way to make them work on Finalburn so it can be played on Fightcade? I have no idea how that stuff works

Don't worry, there's a "classic costume pack" coming for Ibuki and Alex, so maybe Urien is coming too :^)
Serioulsy, wasn't a Urien using that thong in his "character story" is fought as an opponent?

XI is best KOF.

Fuck yeah I'm using a stick. Thanks user, I didn't know about the patch. Makes sense with the timing though. I hardly drop combos as it is, but when I hit grab and Jago doesn't do anything, it's a bit irritating.

I was under the impression that he was supposed to burn off his suit during his super or some shit and he'd play the rest of the match in the thong. That would've been neat.

fixed

More like best both.

I'll agree that it's one of top tier games in the series, but I'll have to disagree that it's the best over all.

I consider 98UM the best.

I get that. Honestly the only issue I have is that I love the NEST and Falcoon characters mostly more than the classic ones and otherwise really like '98 for its simplicity.Even UM and FE did not hinder that much either. It is just way too easy to approach compared to other of the best games in the series and I love that. I love 2002 sure, maybe a bit more than I should, but shit got way too complicated from '99 onward. XI is still the best in my book though. Friend of mine feels the same and he is actually good at 2002/UM. Loves the characters more yet he prefers the feel of '98.

Falcoon still does SNK stuff.

Pics?

shoryuken.com/2016/09/18/red-bull-themed-costumes-for-ryu-and-chun-li-along-with-a-necalli-costume-designed-by-kazunoko-are-coming-to-street-fighter-v/

So do you actually have to pay for them or is capcom gonna make people pay for basically walking advertisements?

Why is Chun Li a Ganguro now? Is this how it's going to be now to get advertisers for tournaments. They're just going to model characters with ads on them and tell people they have to play with the advertiser cotumes. Then they'll probably start changing character balance according to who gives the most money.

That's good to know. I wanted that IRL coat in the right now no shipping to the west…

It may seem like a joke now, but I can see this happening.

CHINGER

CHANGER

NIGGER

DAGGER

Capcom knows its audience. They'll keep coming back to SFV.

honestly what would you do to force the fgc to stop playing SFV? I doubt a gun to their head would even work at this point.

Why are microdashes such a pain to grind. I really like these new combos in BBCF with Rachel but why does her midscreen bnb combo from IOH have three microdashes in it.

Puts me in an even stranger position since while I like it I know it should be better and I also do not roll with the usual Capcom crowd.
They are fucking morons and I wish I did not like Street Fighter V. Also KOF XIV is too fucking slow but SNK does do a better job at basically everything now over Capcom except making the goddamn game PS4 exclusive.

Fucked up my own green text, what a faggot

I have not played CF yet so I would not know any of her differences.

WAT

Why does K' have guns?
Why are Kula's boobs so big?
Why us Maxima a pimp?

the fuck am I looking at

Looks like that new Valkyria game? Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's not actually K or Kula, just outfits it seems.

Where can I pirate SFV from with all of the added characters? I found a torrent on pirate bay but it seems like it's just the base game.

It's been a while since I played Blazblue those Extended bullshit burn me off But care to explain? Also how's CF? That Hibiki guy looks interesting.

KOFXI has a huge balance problem (Kula/Gato/Oswald anyone?), wonky hitboxes like XIII and no Mai in the arcade version. But I like the bold roster, the tag mechanic and Dreamcancels. Maybe a rebalacing with the console characters included and hitboxes fixed on par with XIV would make one of the best KOF games ever like

Unless you came straight from SFIV(vanilla) and KOFXIII, I would say you are a weird guy.

There's a video from the Story patch of him doing that and maybe that was the original idea. But even then, white haired tanned Urien wearing a suit is even worse than censoring Mika's butt slap. But it's not like he'll yell KILL! CRUSH! DESTROY! anymore so whatever.

There's a character coming in two days, just wait a little.

There's a character coming in two days, just wait a little.

Alright, do links get posted on these threads often when the game is updated? I've been looking around and could only find shady torrents in russian or chinese sites.

Nyo in a Disney's Snow White costume is more sexy that her leather bdsm gear. wtf?

Red Bull Laura and B-boy Rashid would have made more sense. Ryu & Chun were the worst choices for that streetwear.

Muimui is thicc. THICC!

Microdashing is just cancelling out of a normal into a dash then cancelling that dash into a normal, so you have a very tiny dash that covers just a little bit of ground during a combo It can be really subtle when watching gameplay. It's pretty integral to Rachel's combos, now more than ever has she has a lot of them. A lot of her midscreen BnBs end in 236A microdash 3C > 214C microdash 4B > 5CC or just 5CC also to combo 5B > 5A off of IOH j.A j.B you have to microdash the 5B as you land.

I miss Ryuji Yamazaki and Kasumi Todoh.
I want to play as my 98UM and 02UM team again.

I'm pretty sure if Yamazaki don't be a DLC in Kof14, he will appear in Kof15.

I mean, SNK can not be so stupid. right?

twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/778634323524198400

It looks like he can burn off his suit in his intro cutscene, or maybe this version of Urien is a boss and it's some sort of boss version of a character intro. I'm not sure about that, though. It might be a special trick you'll have to pull off before the match starts.

It's just like I'm playing Tiger in Tekken 3 all over again

More.

ingrid is coming faggots

Jesus Christ, I hope not.

No

I don't play SFV so I really don't give a fuck.

Mark my words: next tournaments will be broadcast on ESPN with mandatory use of sponsor costumes.

Rashid will have a He For She t-shirt.

Even the biggest Ingridfag thinks she's a hag.

Gyaro Mark of the Wolves

Meanwhile, Capcom doubles down on blueballing people.
Don't fuckin' show me Blair (with a amazon update to boot!) and Pullum if they're never going to be added, dipshits.

Why does everyone hate her again?

I don't speak for everyone, but I've never liked her design. A magical girl goddess that fights with rainbows and sunshine, like some fanfiction straight off of an MLP blog with less anthropomorphic ponies. Also, something about a literal goddess that, correct me if I'm wrong, is supposed to be able to manipulate reality fighting with mortals seems unfair to me, it's like DIO fighting with a litter of kittens.

I like lore-building as much as the next guy, but it certainly seems like Capcom is just throwing out character profiles for anyone they can trying to make us believe that one day they'll be playable. I'm not falling for it, Capcom. Nice try.

Which capcom artist is doing all these? because they're pretty ugly.

Why would I joke about this it's inevitable it already has precedence with the R. Mika stuff. Also the game is selling like garbage after Capcom has dumped most of their money into it. So they're desperate to make the thing profitable somehow.

So why is Capcom doing art of every single character they have instead of fixing some of the other issues?

posting.

That kinda goes for Pyron as well. Dumbass could have consumed the planet from the get-go but decided to fight…and got fucked for his troubles.
He was so much fun in Nightwarriors.

I think it's this guy - kit-kit-kit.deviantart.com
Style seems almost the same but I'm not sure though. Don't think it's any of their "regulars".

Because you didn't support the community by buying the CPT DLC. :^)

Maybe he just wanted to have some fun?

Yes, the same could be said for Pyron. However, he had a neat design and doesn't look like a Cardcaptor Sakura character.

Are there any fighting game communities worth supporting nowadays?

posting
also don't think less of me, I cropped out the Gundam games from the big list, I don't have any portable PlayStations or do I care for importing games

Makkksimilian

when did this game get a tourney scene all of a sudden?

This is some bullshit design I tell you what

I fucked up
Hsein-ko ain't in DS1, I thought she was, I guess that arcade in the comic shop was 2 or 3.
whoops

summer of 2015's
at least that's when I learned of it
I gave it a shot because it was cheap as fuck on amazon and I was big on the Shrek meme at the time.
it's has weird but effective tech in it, I like it.

Is Guilty Gear dead now?

A game is only dead if you stop playing it.

which for a 2 player game, means yes, it is dead

No, go on the EU discord, go anywhere discussing GG, in fact go on the steam group linked within the OP, they love GG and would play you if you simply asked and do weeklies for it.

It's only perceived as dead as you keep being lazy.

PS. fuck off chibi ram

it desperately needs crossplay and a pc upgrade

Does anyone else agree a loss caused by faulty hardware/shitty netcode should not count as a loss or win for either player? If the game is won/lost due to a source that is not either player's skill, why is the player punished for that?

Because you shouldn't have brought faulty hardware and you're holding up events and other peoples time to play with it.

As for netcode, who ever it's more on the end of should drop out for the sake of other players.

I knew it you're that faggot that's laggy as fuck and uses it to win because that's the only way you could win.

Kill yourself my man.

Someone should be doing the suicide but it isn't me user.

To be fair, Pyron thought he was king shit before Demitri killed and consumed him in the original story (Darkstalkers had a story, and Vampire Savior might have been meant to conclude the series if you go by most of the endings…before Udon and Capcom shat all over it with endless retcons and shit).

Nice projecting green text fag.

I bet you fucking use Nash too you faggot

So if you lose due to the other player having a shitty connection, what do you do to improve yourself next time that happens?

blaming connections is 100% legitimate since fighting games are not balanced and designed around netcode traditionally

the only game I've ever played where I can't really blame the connection no matter what was Pokken and Tekken 7 seems to have a similar way of dealing with netcode as Pokken does

Tekken 7 is going to be the only good online fighter

Goddamn I can't wait.

I never bought SFV, I never liked the series outside of EX2.

I'm just saying don't get your hopes up because Bandai Namco has been fucking over all of their PC ports be it intrusive DRM or horrible optimization.

Harada wouldn't take that kinda shit.

Reminder that Tekken 6 was complete shite both offline and online, and even Tag 2's netcode was really hit and miss.

Like said, don't raise your hopes up.

Fuck off Ono go fix your game.

I'm praying for that, but it all depends on how much he cares for the PC community

Tekken 7 is entirely built around netcode, playing with other people in arcades is done through the internet even if they're next to you. Only local events like tournaments use local connections.

I would be very impressed if they fucked up optimisation of a UE4 game on PC

Unlike Ono, Harada actually seems to just want to make the game he wants to make.

Fuck you Harada, stop worsening Tekken 7 with shit characters like Fat Faggot Bob and Eliza. Add Kuma to the fucking game, and get a better soundtrack, you fuck.

P.S.
Mike Murray is a pretentious faggot.

Doesn't mean it will transition well to consoles. Tag 2 was like that, but you can barely play to your potential in the online mode (players try not to use throws online in Tag 2).

What's it like knowing the game you kept shilling with your kiddy mcdonalds Blanka toy is going down the tubs?

Sorry, I didn't hear you. I was too busy playing with the safe that's full of money I swindled from the retarded fgc, nostalgia fags, and Capcom fanboys. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to tease you guys with fighters from some game I don't even own the rights to (I'll have Garuda's shitty art up tomorrow along with some more upcoming disc-locked content and microtransactions I'll make half-assed promises about).

What's it like knowing no one plays Tekken because you didn't do shit with promoting it?

At least my fans love me and aren't retarded cucks.

Plus I have Pokchop.

Pffft, I don't need love from my fans. I can just threaten to take away the fgc's only means to make a non-existing living out of smoking weed and playing my shitty game, and they'll throw money and blowjobs at me in no time. I've been doing this shit for years.

So…how's TxSF coming along? At least I release and promote my shitty games even if they suck.

I don't want to pretend I'm Ono anymore. It's really painful.

Really? Pretending to be Harada is pretty awesome.

Hey I can take criticism and your critique of KOF XI is just fine. I am weird and I would be sad if I was called the opposite but I just feel a hint of about XIV's speed despite coming from faster games. That said it is thankfully faster than Street Fighter IV.

It is, but pretending to be Ono can kill your soul if you know SFV is a shitty game.

The only ones who don't know SFV is a shitty game are the people who never bought it.

For the most part I like your taste.

Some of them know. They're the lucky ones who know not to give Capcom and Ono any money.

So I'm getting a PS4 stick and I'd like to make some custom face plate art, where do I go for that ideally?

Too true.

I probably shouldn't be laughing as hard as I am at this.

I didn't even know the context and I still laughed.
This is the result.

Does KoF 98 UMFE on steam have the input leniency that the kof games from 2002 onwards have? Because not being able to do ranbus in vanilla 98 is suffering. t. keyboard player

FUCK OFF CHIBI RAM

archive.is/RGQwt
"no-street-fighter-v-until-2018-capcom-producer"
2018? Sony money makes SFV a rushed game…

What's a patch?

I asked this a while ago and the best reply I got was to go and make it myself.

It was far cheaper, really easy, and actually a lot of fun.

FUCK OFF CHIBI RAM

Sleep snug smug

Cool!

Evil Ryu

What's are good characteristics of a KOF team?

Characters you're good at/characters you like

It's a shame I can't play the game to save my life then.

how long have you practiced KOF to git gud?

2/3 hours a day for the last week

That's not how it works bucko

u kno u up agains all sorta hue nyckas that play kof to def since 98-00 ryt? is gon take sum time fam who u rockin ryt nao?

I mean I can't even beat the first stage of singleplayer, not online players.

what cpu difficulty?

Whichever is the easiest…

3 or 4; I could understand if it's your first KoF game.
2; I could understand if it's your first fighter
1; if you're struggling here you just need to stop playing. You can button mash for every stage except the boss on level 1 cpu difficulty.

u playin on ps4 fam?

keep practicing. I've only started winning at fightcade 3 or 4 years into playing fighting games and then I still struggle to not get perfected against some people.

I wish I could play CF

Just started playing gear sign cause pc. What a ride so far, what a cool ass game.

A little over 4 months and it will be February, 2017 when the game takes place

Frankly, this is kind of nice. Some blog posts about what makes the character design of KOF and the animation of Darkstalkers great.

art-eater.com/2011/12/king-of-characters/

art-eater.com/2010/07/test-1-darkstalkers/

Uh-oh, DSP's got a 50 minute rant about how bad how bad Street Fighter V is and calling out the criticisms of the FCG. He dismantles all the defenses in the Street Fighter V Bingo list. He really lives up to the self proclaim name of "Snowden of the Fighting Game Community".

I'm so tired of finding something decent only for it to suck

Well, he had to be right eventually.

This isn't the first time, DSP has had multiple occasions where he says something correct. Like his big breakdown of broken age/tim schafer.

The guy is a retard, but that broken clock somehow managed to work properly occasionally.

See I've been saying this for a while. I think Sony was a bigger reason for SFV being shit than Capcom was

come on urien, it's time to get out of the water.

bravo capcom

works fine for me

I chuckled heartily

I'm fucking surprised how well it runs even on my school laptop. That being said it might just be luck that my system specs are what they are since from when I pirated it I could see from how the game handles settings that it was an extremely lazy port.

because the weebs are leaving and we don't like lolis

Broke my game
Damn it, Capcom. QC!

Ingrid should have been buried along with the cancelled game in which she was supposed to debut, instead of being moved to a cheap Mugen-like Capcom crossover game - which nowadays is just a testimony of how decadent Capcom was during its dark age.

I still wish that CFAS wasn't cancelled, to this day.

So how you guys are dealing with the totally not-DRM update of SFV?

But other than people not even able to launch the game, it's now making constant reading and writing checks on your HDD.
If you have SFV on a SSD, remove it from there

imgur.com/a/AsDy2

While I really like how Nona made the characters different and with more personality in XII/XIII, I hated some redesigns like moeblob Athena, serious Kensou, big-headed Yuri and some others so much out of character that the XIII intros and ending have different and more "traditional" designs for those characters. And in XIII characters like Kula and K' lacks that style (because Nona left the company between XII and XIII development).
Honestly, even with the graphical controversy, I prefer XIV's character design.

Darkstalkers are just a lost era of great animation in fighting games lost during the 3D transition. Only Xrd can be complimented in that area.

I download and listened as a podcast and he's actually right. But what's the deal with him "banned from the FGC"?

Assuming you're on PC, MKXL will be released on October 6th, Revelator will probably be out by the end of the year and there are tons of games on fightcade besides others like Skullgirls, BlazblueCPEX and some animefighters.

Looks like the free to play version of the consoles will be released on Steam: steamdb.info/app/311730/history/
Now how about those lobbies KT/TN?

Jesus fucking Christ. Every time they "update" SFV, I'm more and more glad I didn't bother picking it up. At this point I'm not even gonna bother picking it up when it it's under 15 bucks.

Skullomania is coming to Street Fighter V?

For the last time, SFV will never be a good game. Stop asking.

I think the biggest problem with XII and XIII was how the sprites were made. I think it was 2D over 3D if I remember correctly, and that leads to some cheap models. It would explain huge Terry, Clark and Ralf, both Joe and Hwa using the same body and so on.

I know that, I'm asking because of the OP

wew good job.

Also Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel and Guilty Gear Xrd is on sale if any of you play on the PS4.

It's because of the last thread people were discussing SFEX since Capcom started uploading the characters profiles. But they're labelled as EX characters just like Ingrid is a CFAS while Violent Ken can be considered as a SFV character.

It's more of a character design really and not the process itself. Of course, Hwa, Saiki and Billy just showed where the money for the game ended.

DSP did nothing wrong.

They did artwork for Violent Ken?
does this mean CvS 3 or SvC Chaos 2 still isn't happening?

I know she's not all that special or memorable but I like Hokuto. Probably because I play Aoi in VF and Kasumi in KoF.

The only thing that's happening is more sponsored content.

According to EH, people found files for a Halloween stage and a NPC Effie.
And Urien can shed the costume by holding LP+MK+HP while the match is loading (sorry if old news).

Forgot the Hokuto.

Holy shit Capcom are retards for turning SFV into a rootkit. Also PSN flash sale seems to be pretty good.

BlazBlue: ChronoPhantasma Extend: $14.99 (normally $49.99)
Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator: $23.99 (normally $59.99)
J-Stars Victory VS+: $14.99 (normally $59.99)
NitroPlus Blasterz: $11.99 (normally $29.99)
Catherine: $4.99 (normally $19.99)

my nigga

Capcom included a rootkit with the Urien update.

Just when I thought of getting back in I'm reminded of the magnitude of shit this game is.

SO THAT'S WHY WINDOWS GAVE ME A WARNING WHEN I TRIED TO LAUNCH

By not buying this piece of shit in the first. And thanks to this "feature" I'll never get this even for free.

in the first place*

CAPCOM NOW KNOWS ALL THE PORN YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING AT

Every day I wish I had used that coupon on literally any other game.

lmao

link/archive?
I want to send it to people

Shit forgot the archive.

archive.is/UKXGK

If this makes it up to EU, I might give it a go. Game looks fun but ASW's refusal to come into this Year of Our Lord, the 2000+16 keeps me uninterested.

Boxer and Karin are getting the Brazzers sponsor costumes.

Side note, happened upon a upper tier list for KoF XIV. Just for shits and giggles, waddya reckon of it?
[SS] K '. Nakoruru
[S] Kim. Leona. Athena. Robert. Mature. Mai. Benimaru. Zarina
[A +] Geese. Verse. Love Heart
[A] Iori. Chin. Shun'ei. Dinosaur. Mian. Luong. Kukri

I'd probably swap Athena and Nakoruru.
Curious about what makes Luong strong because I'm abysmally bad with her (also KoD but I don't play him).

What?

…no, that can't be true.

I am not yet so far gone as to believe that even Capcom could be that fucking goddamned stupid.

it's true user.

Did you momentarily forget that this is Capcom we're talking about? I'm not even surprised they're doing this shit.

Despite all this, Capcucks are still gonna play the game and have their SSDs fucked up.

Wew.

Honestly I'm really surprised considering how slow he feels. Good to see some players found a way to make him work.

It's XIII all over again for me.

We gave the players the opportunity to buy our game for full retail price and this is how they repay us?

Someone must pay for this. I know it's the least of my worries with this horse shit, but god damn I'm pissed.

This is some next level shit right here. I can't fucking believe this fucking trainwreck. How does it still keep going? Surely we're defying laws of phsyics here at this point.

I think someone should probably make it's own thread for this shit incase anyone has forgotten they have SFV installed and don't actively follow fighting game news.

I'm so fucking sick of finding something I enjoy only for it to end up being shit. I just want a good fighting game.

WHY IS THIS SO FUCKING DIFFICULT IN THIS DAY AND AGE TO DELIVER??

I went ahead and did it. Goddamn what a shitshow this game has been.

so Fightcade is officially better than major titles now?

Can I be a shill just this time?

If anyone is interested, the Them's Fightin' Herds's devs will do an "anniversary update" today at 3pm Pacific on their twitch channel
>twitch.tv/manesix

also this game is banned on halfchan because something something

Yes.

Retards who bought SF5 deserve this crap, next time you'll think with your head before you buy shit game from shit company. Don't forget to repeat yourself that there is still a hope for Capcom and that they can make good games.

I wonder if there are retards like that in this thread, imagine the salt when they kill their system and SSD.

The only reason I bought SFV was because I played the beta, and it worked fine. Online was solid, rollback wasn't an issue, games connected quickly. I just didn't see it coming that Capcom would charge people $60 to continue playing a worse version of the beta.

Why did you do it if you knew it was going to be shit?
Why are you so intent on being the giant otter eating the watermelon?
Why are you enabling Capcom to do more devious shit in the future?

When you saw the censorship announcements what did you think of SFV?
When you saw the cash shop what did you expect from SFV down the line?
When you saw that they paid for capcom tour and ESPN to stream SFV on E3 what did you think would be their focus?

user all these questions are pointless. I didn't know the game would go this way until after I bought it.

Apparently, Capcom is removing their new anti-hack measure.
eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep/23/capcom-removing-security-measures-they-just-added-street-fighter-5/

That was fast.

IT WAS PLACED TO BEGIN WITH YOU FAGGOTS YOU TRIED TO PLAY US

BRAVO CAPCOM

WRONG
you could have seen it coming from a mile away
You could have know they would not finish a game by looking at Devil May Cry 4 and Megaman Legends
You could have known they would focus on small cash shop microtransactions and release a half finished game they would sell to you later by looking at gems and the disc locked roster by looking at SFxT
You could have known they would try as fucking hard as they can to not appeal to old fans(or consumers with standards) and reach a wider audience by looking at DmC or Lost Planet 3

You could have also realized that something was terribly wrong when they didn't have arcade mode or when they just happened to not have Alex, Juri, and Urien in the game and sell them as DLC when the game came out and news started coming out.

How did you avoid all these flags?

That would be funny if people who installed SF5 still have capcom.sys file after that. Some people can't even find it in system32 folder without messing with registry.

this is some next level hindsight 20/20

Quit being a stupid nigger I already said if I knew it would be this way I wouldn't have bought it.

He's probably retarded and failed for "Capcom is good because Inafune left" meme. It was hard to miss all the flags, don't think even blind would miss all the signs.

wew
The Street Fighter fanbase is the most pathetic community in the FGC, like even MK PC fans have more dignity.

I'm glad I didn't buy this cucked garbage.

Capcom surely knows how to treat its fans.

I am sorry.

They are live right now

You have been paying for this shit since the very moment your baka nigga ass clicked on "penetrate my wallet pussy capcom-oniisama".

If folks are interested, scans of the Udon SF pin-up artbook are starting to surface. Nothing special so far besides a Juri by the Wakfu guy though.

Polite sage.

Color me disappointed. not even a footfag

That faglord's been one of the biggest defenders of the game and even he's shilling KoF14 and Xrd now.

How the hell do you fuck up this goddamn hard?

Hey, maybe they'll deliver it later as paid DLC.

Honestly…KI was never good.

It was at least more playable than SFV. After that fucking trainwreck, KI was all I had.

They should add NGBC-related costumes to KOFXIV to promote that

why are you doing this to me capcom?

Plus, XONE KI was made by PC bros who were triggered by the original KI games.

DSP is actually right though (I can't believe I'm saying this either). SFV is a shit game, and the FGC hypocritically defends all of the horrible shit Capcom has done it while bashing/blowing off other fighters like DOA5.

Let me remind you that Phil is very hypocritical with anything he says, and never practices what he preaches (He said he wants to get back into tourneys for that e-sport/SFV money).

Season 3 was a sleazy disaster. Keits can go fuck himself with Geoff the Cuck-Hero.

So someone made a thread on the SFV steam forums regarding the state of the game. After seeing the responses, I can safely say that Street Fighter's fanbase is on par with Smash in terms of retardation.
steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/0/343787283754578363/

In their defense, Kim's design was complete garbage. Not like her Season 3 model is any better (She looks like she came from a DC ga-, you know what, every fucking character from season 3 looks like shit).

The fgc will never call out Capcom, Namco, NRS, and Arksys because it doesn't want to lose its only opportunity to make a non-existing living out of smoking and act like a manchild-thug while you play terrible video games.

I'll give you that. Rash is the most annoying fucking thing to fight I swear to god. Hisako may be 50/50 but at least it takes SOME amount of skill.

I can't find this vid. Is it on a different youtube channel?

Eyedol has some bullshit too, but at least he's random.

I remember Geoff being a little cunt when people tried to talk to him about KI or fighting games, yet once he's in California, he's being a cock-sucking cuck hoping the fgc will add him to the clique, remembering him as that Cammy guy, not the internet troll.

Eyedol is easy. Gargos has this fucking weird, damn near inescapable loop where you can just get grabbed over and over again. All my efforts to tech it went in vain.

He'll crawl back to Capcom. Capcom will always have Max, who sucks fighting game company dick for youtube views, money, and weed.

I dunno man, Chen seems to be encouraging the shit talk. Any word yet from Max about this?

Still waiting…….

So what do you all think will come out before SFV actually becomes a finished product?
I'm guessing we will see Garou 2 and Virtua Fighter 6 happen before that

KoF14 on PC

user plz, that is something that will actually happen in a decent amount of time. We both know SFV won't be finished anytime soon.

for windows 10 only

Don't jinx it, you madcunt.

get out of the goddamn FG thread if you dont like competitive games you fucking dumb nigger

Hey look on the bright side guys. At least Capcom actually accomplished something. People can't cheat if you make the game inoperable.

hey Ono what's it like being a complete failure?

Now if you devuno I'd worry.

Sup Ono, you finally gonna take notes from Oda and Harada on how to make good games?

if you're gonna complain about SFV complain about the rootkit or the 8 frames, calling it unfinished is retarded lmao>>10790447

You still haven't answered my question.

how much did you earn for this post?

how does it feel to be a mouth breather?

No seriously, how much is it per post?

My bet is on 51 fight money

that question cant be answered because it assumes I'm an employee of capcom or an employee of any establishment for that matter

A game that doesn't work correctly and potentially damages your computer is an unfinished game.

I bet you defend NISA products too.

that doesnt mean it's unfinished, that means it's dysfunctional and poorly handled

and those issues were added in an update, how can you make a finished game somehow not finished by updating it? you can break it, but it's still a finished product.

Jesus fuck I never knew Max lurked

Are you gonna tell us that after they announce season two as well?

I'm just telling you how it is, faggot, I'm not defending the shit this game is trying to pull

literally fuck off if your sensibilities are so weak that the slightest hint of a dissenting opinion sends you into such an autistic flurry

The game was unfinished on launch, it didn't even have a working premium store up. Go fuck yourself

Do shills like a9337a simply suffer from a higher sense of buyer's remorse than the rest of us?

unnecessary and superfluous. just because theyre absent doesnt make it less finished, that's likely a means to make footsies more honest and less obscure when you're getting a far or close normal.

key rebinding i agree with but why would you play FGs on keyboard? :^)

Stage transitions are an absolute necessity for a finished FG? wow that's a weird nitpick. I always thought they were just neat gimmicks.

the other two i dont know anything about

Retard

(checked)

if by lobbies you mean battle lounge, that shit works fine

You're such an idiot user just stop.

good argument 10/10

still havent told me how the game is fundamentally unfinished

Once you learn to read you'll know.

KOF x DOA (with Nina Williams guest-starring)

Means that I won't buy it and won't recommend anyone to buy it.

You're not answering any of his questions.

When you shitpost about SFV because it's fun to ride the bandwagon at least do it because you have actual reasons to hate it, not because you pull yourself shit out of your ass.

There's a lot of shit that you can say about the game, but stuff like "broken lobbies" and such is just bullshit and lies mate.

The game is finished because it has been released however people here uses "finished" for "when the game has enough features for me to think it's worth my time".
Is the game in a good state? No, not at the moment.
Will it improve? It can't go worse, or so I thought till this last patch which I dodged because I learnt to wait at least one week after a patch of any game just to avoid big fuck ups.
Would I recommend the game to someone? No, the same I would not recommend any fighting game nowadays and I would send them to fightcade.

fuck off Chen

Just, how? Also, how Robert is an S even if the mexicans like him, I don't see him that far.
But I'm really curious about Verse tech. He seems so unsafe with a kick with guardpoint that makes Antonov looks useful.
Goro Daimon looks like a better character than King of Dinosaurs in every aspect.

Looks like I lost the stream. But it's nice they're alive. Hopefully they'll release the game on Steam without a rootkit :^)

>Stage transitions only added now but every stage already had the animations and pre-defined areas since the release: youtube.com/watch?v=FE5J6LXk4ZI (note: Hillside Plaza has a second area like the chinese stage and NY not yet implemented/finished still)
I can nitpick over the DLC characters being bad because Capcom wanted to be "safe" with balance but they're just afraid of quickly fixing stuff like NRS and ArcSys did with their games.

You can say the state the game is now is probably their vision of the game aka vanilla. Even the new anti-hack measure on the PC version.

This is what I'm talking about, it's just shitposting and bandwagonning without knowing or having their own opinion instead of following what the hivemind says.

No seriously, I don't care if you're Chen, Max, the fucking tranny. Fuck off. The game is shit.

Do you realise that you're not making any actual argument? Your autism is in every FGC thread without fail.

Why should I? We've all established why the game fucking sucks and isn't finished, and then we have you retards walking in defending it.

Do you agree or disagree?

wholly disagree, this poster is totally retarded

Well I can think of one person.

After SFV dying today, let's take some time to remember a much better game.

SFIV was shit too, and Ultra was somehow worse than the original AE (yea, they fixed some whiff and hitbox issues, but Ultra is still horrible).

Also, SFV is still on life support sadly. Once Capcom makes some bullshit announcements, the fgc will continue to suck its dick to keep its scene and career going.

everything in this game is shallower compared to other SF titles except for combos which are bordering on melee-levels of retardedly input-intensive

the whole game gives a feeling of "boy we're SFII's awkward child who is trying to live up to our parents legacy. Here, have this last boss who is an empty clone of SFII's final boss and operates a husk of the company that SFII's boss made. WE'RE NOT PROJECTING OR ANYTHING! Have this weird semi-parody of Bob from Tekken while we're here! Remember Dan from Alpha? Wasn't Dan goofy???"

Yea, I enjoyed SFIV in it's time, but fuck did it feel like they were grasping at straws conceptually compared to how Balls-out SFIII's shifts were. (I know this is probably because SFIII wasn't a hit initially for it's weirdness and that they probably wanted to kick off a new fighter by harking back to the star entry of the franchise, but still.)

I'm going to get shit for saying this, but I felt like the original Super was probably the best version.

NEW THREAD

We really need a list of everything that went wrong with SFV.

MK PC fans are gladly sucking Ed Boon's dick…despite he told them to fuck themselves months ago.

UMvC3 and SFxT were the straws that broke my camel's back, making me boycott Capcom for 4 years. I don't regret my decision, but I do regret buying SFxT on the 360 (I returned that game within a week or even less).

Same here.