Why do the cheapest 1060's cost 400$ in Canada. What do they cost in USA?

Why do the cheapest 1060's cost 400$ in Canada. What do they cost in USA?

Other urls found in this thread:

logicalincrements.com/.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why would you even buy a 1060? Also to answer your question they're about $250-$300. Can't you just order it from amazon and have it shipped to us?

shipped to canada*

Ok so it's about the same price then. I guess all the video cards are ripoffs right now. Pascal isn't even impressive when people were saying it would be incredible.

What would you get, faggot?

honestly I wouldn't get anything. I built my pc last year with an i5 4690k, 8gb of ram, and a strix 970. Optimizing for 1080p is the smartest decision for the next 4 years and I haven't had any problems with even the most demanding games.

I have a 6950 from 2010 though

Do you have any problems running the things you want to play?

..no. Why is it such a good card?

then why do you want to upgrade?

I don't anymore.

Because it's Nvidia.

I have a GeForce GTX 750 and some anons have recommended the GeForce GTX 750 TI, should i stick with the 750 or get the 750 TI?

The 480 is worse than the 1060 and costs the same.

do any of the games you want to play run badly?

That's your global warming tax

hah nerd I wasted a couple of my hard earned money that I could have been using it for something else like feeding my family and bought a 980 who's BETTER NOW HUH, HUUUUUUUUH, I LOVE MY 980 CAN'T YOU FUCKING SEE? I'M SOOO HAPPY WOW LOOK AT ME.

If you tax your population 60%, you win.

Nigger I got my GPU for 200 CAD.

thats how it usually is, isnt it?
what i want to know is, why is a 4 year old gpu still 130 dollars?

While we are at the topic, what card would Holla Forums recommend with a pricetag around 200 bucks?

What GPU and where?

r9 270

My weebshit from 5 years ago still runs at 120 fps on my ancient 760 with 2GB ram.
When it all went wrong?

Why not a Radeon RX 460? Seems pretty cheap for 4GB.

I'm still on a 2010 PC running an AMD HD66XX at 1080p. Still runs CSGO(game sucks) at 60FPS and every game worth playing.

I'll be receiving my GTX950 soon and that will probably hold me over until 4K becomes the norm.

You can get an R9380 for half of his budget.

The cost of international shipping, duties for crossing the border plus the exchange rate means it's a waste of money.

The smart way to do it is to ship it to a PO box in border town and pick it up yourself. Over 90% of Canada's population lives within 50 miles of the border and companies that receive your items and hold them until pick up are plentiful plus they're often in states with no sales tax. For certain items on ebay it's almost a requirement.

Plus you can pick up cheap liquor and cigarettes at the duty free shop while you're there. No dealing with 'eco fees' or GST&PST makes it the cheapest option, you can buy a vacant seat on a tour bus for next to nothing.

We're going to have to build a wall along the Canadian border after all. Just waiting as the Huffpost staff to self-deport to Canada.

I got my 1060 for 250 bucks.

correct me if i'm wrong but isn't a canadian dollar worth a fair amount less than USD?

Is it even worth considering the R9 390 any more?

I just checked, $300 US is $396 Canadian, about the same price how is shipping to a P.O box better?

Not if you want mid-end according to this logicalincrements.com/.

Granted that website isn't great. Cards like the GTX960 which beat the 460 and the 470 are placed lower for some reason.

The R9 390 is still competitive with the new AMD RX cards if you don't mind the power draw.

I don't even know what the difference between mid-end and high-end is any more.
I should probably be looking at a low- to mid-end rig but the moron in my head keeps telling me I need to think bigger.

I'm actually an idiot when it comes to computers and all the research I've done has gone in one proverbial ear and out the other.

No need to go for a 460 for $200, I saw a 480 on Jet for $215 if you include that 15% discount for new accounts. Outside of the US, prices seem insane but the 480 can be gotten for decent prices in the US.

Exactly, retarded Redditors think their Formula 1 Nvidia 1080 Xd Gaymur EDITIOn that they bought with their parent's money is high-end and everything else is trash. You probably don't need anything higher than 1060/980ti MAX. That's if you're on 1440p. Most people will play new games on a card half that price on max 60fps no problem.

they are arriving tomorrow. cant wait

And here I am maxing most games with my 670.
I even managed to downsample Valkyria Chronicles and Doter 2.

Exactly. I think websites like Redditor Increments don't actually test the cards since they report 980tis only getting 25-30FPS 1080p on Witcher 3 (shit game btw).

No wonder Redditors think you need to keep buying only Jewvidia cards to play decently.

Actually LI is forward on their assessments, but retarded casuals can't read.
They explicitly say that their star system is with everything maxed out the ass. That's why LoL stars max out on the super low tier, and unoptimized garbage needs the 1k+ builds to get close to five.

And since casuals are faggots who are scared of tuning options to taste, you get plebbitors.

I'm still using my GTX 560, generating steady 60 fps in all games I really like.

It looks like mining is still a thing.

Ahh, makes sense. I remember when Quake came out, it had an experimental OpenGL mode that basically no consumer card could run steady until a couple years later. I imagine that stuff like that would prompt a fair number of Ledditors to either buy workstation graphics cards (not good for gaming, but ledditors would buy em) or complain that the game is unoptimized because it doesn't run on the new toy their parents paid out the ass for.

Oblivion for example is so unoptimized, it lags even on newer cards because the terrain LOD is bad on max.

Try being Australian.

Though we have all the Amiibos at least.

Why are you so fucking obsessed with Reddit you spaz? Stop trying to fit in so hard, faggot.

Is buying a GTX 1080 worth it? I want upgrade my rig to play Supreme Commander effectively and to better my Emulation performance.

Amazed that Bitcoin is still a thing. Especially since it's literally controlled by the Chinese now.

two things
and no

get the 1060 it's the best GPU upgrade in years.

I know that you want me to buy from AMD, but skipping a jew for another jew doesn't help.

Can you please elaborate? I don't have any issue with the budget, I just want the best performance out there.

If you're willing to spend the cash then just go ahead, it's just that the price for performance is normally shit when you go past mid range GPU. They may even be releasing a 1080 TI with even more power if you want to spend that much money.

They add a levy on everything that comes from across the border simply because they want to force you to buy from Canadian enterprise but even then it's usually pretty much parity with the exchange rate. You usually pay an extra $2-20 on top of the price, which includes an environmental fee, but it's not like it used to be where you'd pay $100 extra for no god damn reason on everything.

I'd be tempted to upgrade but my 4gn 960 runs anything I want to play at decent settings.

Also OP Newegg seems to have them for less than $400 CAD.

Quick question to anyone that has a card with a Dual-ball Bearing Fan: how is it? Is it less prone to getting dust in it? It sounds like a big improvement over regular fans.

Since we are on the topic of wasting money, why is a GTX TITAN X for 3k dollarydoos? Is it that good? Or am I activating my good goy thinking?

Okay, one, I have never seen a fucking Titan X for that price tag. And two is that the Titan X was built for 4K gaming specifically and has 12gb of RAM. It still outperforms the 1080 in single card 4K gaming.

I moved from a 9500gt to a GTX1080.

Not a typo: 9500gt, 32 shaders, 2009.

Yes you read that right.
Can you fucking imagine.

Don't waste your money on game development-tier tech if you don't plan on mining bitcoins and other crypto curriencies with it.

just an addendum:
I'm now addicted to downscaling from 4k to fullHD and can't play games without DSR.

Fuck my standards.

Makes the text all blurry when you do that.

Who fucking flips eggs like that? Use a spatula, you anime bitch.

Oniichan, please.

try being a white south african.
this is me
Now I maek gaems.

Turn DSR smoothing down to 0%, you'll get some artifacting that resembles aliasing, but I'm playing mass effect 1 like that right now and the text is fine.

Hrm, thanks, looks pretty decent for my desktop too. Last time I tried DSR there didn't seem to be a smoothing slider.

Save up $200 and wait for the 1060 to be cheap and go for that instead of a weak little 750ti

Or get an AMD gpu

Good luck man, I've never tried DSR for desktop stuff.

If I could ask a semi-related question in this thread: Whats the best way to OC a 1080?
I've got the gigabyte G1 gaming version, and it comes with that shitty XTREME software. I just want to pass the 2Ghz mark.

Get artifacts if I push it above 1950 boost, do I have to boost voltage? by how much? will it fuck my cards shit up?

A fucking leaf here, 1060s are 260 on newegg. However RX480s are a fucking joke, all I want is a 4GB RX480, why are they 300 fucking dollars

You can get 960 for 150$ from china with free shipping.

I know it wasn't meant to be asked of me specifically, but I myself decided not to fuck around and bother with the overclocking program that came with my GPU. The only component I overclock in my PC is the CPU, which I've bumped from 3.5 to 4GHz. Got a 212 EVO to cool it and it actually runs cooler OCd than it does at factory clock speed.

But yeah, GPU overclocking makes me a little nervous, so I don't do it.

2880x1620 down to 1080p doesn't introduce any major artifacts on text since its' exactly 2X the output resolution. It should upscale pretty clean to 4K 2160p, too.

1620p is ideal right now. 1440p supersampled looks wonky at 1080p and nobody can play 2160p without SLI/Titan bullshit. I'm no longer a poorfag but I'm not quite insane either.

I got an EVGA 1070 and I'm making good on their step-up to a 1080 after torturing MGO and BamHam bully me. Supersampling is the shit if aliasing and shimmering drive you crazy, and even the 1070 mostly hits 60fps maxed.

2880x1620 is 2.25x
2x is 2715x1527

So I'm looking at newer GPUs from both Nvidia and AMD and one thing I've noticed is that most of them have 3-4 DisplayPort ports, and maybe 1 DVI and/or HDMI port. Why so many DP ports? Are newer monitors actually using them or is it just cheaper to use DP?

I'd much rather have 120fps than 2x supersampling. The frame rate is much more noticeable and it reduces input lag, too.

A-at least I get to see Arkham Knight in full glory, even though the game is completely monotonous.