What RPGs has Holla Forums playing

What RPGs has Holla Forums playing

I'm currently playing Trails of Cold Steel along with 7th Dragon while on the go.

I hate generic fantasy or JRPG settings so there isn't much i can actually play.

why post in this thread if you don't like RPGs?

actually why are you on Holla Forums if the setting bothers you?

7th Dragon's pretty good. How far are you in it? I'm only about 4 and a half hours in, but I'm having a good time.

To talk about videogames such as my favorite game Deus Ex.

I'm about 20 hours in and I love it. I just got passed both Atlantis and the stage after that. Although I'm focused more on Cold Steel. both are bloody fantastic

Does Deus Ex count as an RPG? I consider it more of an FPS Stealth game with RPG elements

Playing Cold Steel 2 and SMT4A. SMT4A is moderately woke on the JQ, shame you can't side with the Aryan Alliance. Dagda a bro, though. Get the undub if you can.

Cold Steel 2 is better than the first, but damn, Alisa, Machias, Laura and Gaius have no personalities at all other than their "quirk."

I like to call it one so it doesn't seem as if i haven't played any.

What's the difference between dub and undub? the dub was decent enough in SMT IV

I hope we're talking about the original

The jap cast for 4A is really good.

Of course, HR is just Splinter Cell with a Deus Ex skin.

oh. I'll get the undub then.

good.

I really like the Irish voice Dagda has going on, the dub is alright.

How is Cold Steel? I've been thinking of picking up a Vita when I get some extra cash and grabbing it.

Finished Stella Glow a couple days ago
I wish more Good srpgs came out

Other than that i started stein gay today

If you liked Trails in the Sky you'll like it. The story doesn't pick up until the very end, and it hampers itself with the pseudo-persona "field trips and class days" scheduling.

Playing 7th Dragon III VFD and Ar Tonelico 2. Love the music for both of these games. While 7th Dragon is a little on the easy side, it does let you go all out with crazy builds and absolutely destroy the enemy. It feels like Disgaea in the sense that you're trying to see just how broken you can be.

If you have a PS4, give Disgaea 5 a chance. Buy used if you don't want to support NISA. Story is decent but who cares about that? The gameplay is really damn good. They eliminated one of the biggest flaws from the series IMO. Making it easy to spread EXP through the team so you can have a capable party of 15+ people instead of 5 people who just destroy everything like it's Fire Emblem. It's also easier than ever to capture enemy units so you'll always have a team on par or better than the enemy.

Another I always recommend is Natural Doctrine for the vita/PS4. "The Dark Souls of TRPGs". It's a brutal game that got low scores for being too hard for most reviewers. It really rewards you for playing smartly but will ruin you if you don't learn the mechanics.

Each difficulty kind of changes the maps so it adds to replay value. For example, there's this one map that has a gate. On normal, it's closed and you can easily pick people off as they take the long route. Or if you're a badass you can run outside the gate and slaughter them. However on hard, the gate is open and you need to use one guy to waste turns to close it as people swarm you. Running outside is suicide since gunners will chain attack you with so many bullets that it's impossible for anyone to survive it. And in hard no one can die.

I played Trails of Cold Steel without playing Trails in the Sky.

I'm playing through Chrono Trigger right now. I'm trying to get the Chrono clone from Bekkler, but I keep fucking up on the imitation game and WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG TO GET SILVER POINTS GOD DAMN.

Remember to play it's direct sequel, Xenogears, immediately afterwards.

this meme has to stop

Might and Magic IV
once you clear the towns, the wells turn you into invincible gods of death, kinda silly

Please, I Am Setsuna is the only direct sequel to CT. :^)

What are you implying

Stop.

Shiggy diggy

Is 7th Dragon VFD good?

Might be wrong, but can't you just beat Gato/Gonzales up for easy points?

Having some fun with this retarded game

TiTS 3rd waiting room..

Dragon's Dogma

Still hoping some one does a script rip patch for the use with the PSP version, since that faggot editor from Carpe Fulgar held up SC's localization longer than it should have been, to the point TC is only coming west for PC.

I don't mind games that take a while to hit their stride, so that's fine.

I had some good times with this when I was a kid. That card game bit is really fun.

I wouldn't exactly count cameos in games from the same company as making them canon with each other. Otherwise that prompts some real issues (thinking along those lines would make something like Legend of Valkyrie canon with Tales of, since Valkyrie is a bonus boss in Eternia). And as far as shared themes go, that tends to make one game more of a successor of sorts than a sequel.

Knights in the Nightmare. Whoever decided to combine top-down shooter with SRPG with Football Manager with grindan gaem is a fucking genius. I just wish I could turn voices off. I don't need every knight narrating every little thing the wisp or the enemy does all the time.

Sting's long been known for making some pretty odd, and at times experimental, games.

Yeah, that's what I did. It's just tedious as fuck to keep doing it over and over. Whatever, I got past that part hours ago and I'm on the Black Omen now.

SNES Dragon Quest 6. The translation missed a few spots, like Hassan's parents and all of post-event dream Amoru, but it mostly works. Except the forget spell fucks the game, as does hitting cancel in the party summary menu instead of accept.

Sometimes dead Treehouse is better.

Oh, going the long way around to get at Lavos (given that's a full dungeon and extra boss along the way)?

Last one was Witcher 3

If im gong to play another story centered casual as fuck game, aka RPG, its has to at least meet The Bitcher 3 standards and i dont see anything doing that anytime soon

quick Holla Forums should i play phantasy star 4 or chrono cross or bof3 or bof4 next?

chronno cross

Well, as far as I know, Phantasy Star IV might be best appreciated if you've played Phantasy Star I and II before hand (I could be wrong though, it's not a series I've had experience with yet at this point), and Breath of Fire III is connected in universe to BoF I and II, while Breath of Fire IV is more stand alone, or something.

I suppose that's not a big help, but it might be worth considering if you've played the earlier games for those.

Story is absolutely shit.

Breath of Fire 3 is the best of those options.

I just started playing Legend of Dragoon via ePSXe and so far it's been pretty great. Once i'm done with that i'm planning to play some other RPGs I missed like Legend of Legaia and Parasite Eve.

Cold Steel, you say?

Great? Legend of Dragoon is like the most generic RPG ever.

Just started stella glow. Fuck how can I change to japanese voice.

Download the undub version. You can use a save manager to move your current save.

Phantasy Star 4 duh

Dragoon and Legaia are fucking awful games though.

I won't speak for its quality without having given it a go myself, but Legend of Dragoon seems rather divisive among anons in discussions I've seen. Some love the fuck out of it while others are adamant that it's mediocre at best. Maybe it's just the sort of game that's not for everyone?

I suspect that with the first and third it's coincidence, but I have to wonder if its catching on.

Honestly, with Atlus it's usually best to expect any dubbing to be English only, though there's a few exceptions (like Odin Sphere Leifthrasir). They don't seem to be too fond of getting the rights to reuse the Japanese voices for a lot of games.

Hoyl fuck the game is 100 times better in Japanese. Fucking hell who in their right mind could play it in English dub. I'm really sorry to people who did.

Is there an undubbed rom that works with citra.