Do you anons use cheats in your games? I don't mean like hacks or aimbots or shit like that...

Do you anons use cheats in your games? I don't mean like hacks or aimbots or shit like that, I mean the classic stuff like cheat codes in your (typically) single player vidya. What games do you feel have the best cheats? Pic related for me.

Grand Theft Auto has some nice cheat codes such as flying cars or jetpacks.

San Andreas had some fun ones

Sometimes I use bullet time cheats whenever possible just to reenact some scenes in a game as if it were an action movie

I used to buy pirated games at my local computer store when i was little and for some reason they included the cheat codes printed behind the paper cover of the CD case

I just accepted them as something natural at the time, If a game had a god mode I always ended up using it at some point

Banjo Kazooie had some great cheats, but they're not really cheats per se; they're more like unlockable powerups / secrets that are rewarded for playing well.

You can also look at the picture above Banjo's fireplace, and play a puzzle minigame. Each time you do it, you get different codes that activates Big Head Mode, or giant hands and feet. The last cheat will turn you into a washing machine

Normally only after I've beaten a game, because re-playing most RPGs from the beginning is fraught with the dread of constant grinding. You know what is coming up in the story, but to get there, you have to kill ten million slimes to not get your shit pushed in by the enemies in the next area. Hard to git gud against something that can one or two-shot you, especially when your capability to dodge is a diceroll, not something controlled by your left thumb.

Best feel

Hell yeah. My favorite cheats are ones that give you stupid mobility. Shit like Action Replay or Gameshark, with moon jumps and turbo running and just going nuts over a level that you already beat. More games need to add shit like that in as unlockable (non-DLC, fuck you Volition) features.

I will sometimes use walkthroughs for secrets or if I get really stuck

I used to cheat alot, then less and less as I was growing up and then pretty much not at all. It depends if I intend to fuck around or beat the game. If I want to beat GTA VC I wont use cheats, but if I just want to fly in a tank, sure. On another save

Also, Rayman 2 was one of my first games on PC and as a kid I wanted to make games, Rayman 3 to be exact, with cheats of course, rayman 2 had very few.

I think Spiderman is honestly the only game I'd cheat outright in today, if only to enable the What If mode right away.

On my younger years, yeah, had some enjoyment with the Spider-Man and the Army Men games.

But nowadays after finishing a game once, I use trainers or cheats because grindy games like say Dragon's Dogma or Skyrim are boring to grind through, I want to plow through everything like a God-like asshole ripping and tearing everything in sight.

When I was a kid I used to go a lot to camping sites, and I usually was one of the only kids with an action replay. This was during the Pokemon Gold and Silver games, every kid played that shit.

People would constantly ask me to catch them strong pokemon, and I would usually tell them no until the last possible day, in which I would say yes to a bunch of them, take their games, give them the pokemon they wanted and then noclip them to the small lake in cherrygrove city and then remove the noclip.

By the time they realized what I had done I would be back at home and they would have no way of fixing it, forever being stuck in the small lake until they restarted the game.
The few times I got caught doing this by someone I just told them that it sometimes happens by mistake.

I miss when the internet wasn't a thing

That's some good shit, user. I barely touched those kind of things as a kid, but I did remember playing around with a friend's Monster Brain as a kid when playing Crystal. I remember at one point giving myself a Scizor with Transform for some reason and thought it was the coolest shit at the time.

What a fag

You're just mad because you didn't think of it first

GBHSRSPM

Personally, I really miss the cheats that were more like easter eggs rather than simply giving you infinite lives or whatnot.

Age of Empires with the Stormbillys and St. Francis. Bighead modes in virtually all early 3d titles. Joke weapons, and all that stuff.

If shit like this still is in games today, it's almost invariably in the form of paid DLC.

Those kind of cheats were the best cheats and the reason I ever did it in the first place. I mean sure, the N64 era had a lot of that shitty "buy the guide or die" level design, but fortunately GameFAQ's was a thing that showed up. Midway loved making these kind of cheats, they put so many crazy hidden skins and modes through inputting special names, PIN numbers, and button combos on the loading screen. I'd prefer them in a menu once you've discovered, but at least they delivered at all. I'd like to go out of my way to make silly, fun shit like this on the game I'm currently dev'ing.