I'll be buying a PS4 soon because I want to play The Last Guardian when it comes out...

I'll be buying a PS4 soon because I want to play The Last Guardian when it comes out, but since I'll be buying it I'll keep it around for other games as well. Ideally they'll find a way to jailbreak it in the future, but until then I'll just play games that I buy.
What model would you recommend? Should I wait for the next model, or it's better to go with one of the already existing models? If I go with one of the models that are out there now, is one significantly better than the other? If so, in what way?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/kLRL9W
pcpartpicker.com/product/tTdqqs/gigabyte-wireless-network-card-gcwb867di
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PS4 owner here

please don't, it really has no games, you will get crazy buyers remorse. Let me save you from making a bad purchase decision please

>paying $450 usd plus (((tax))) for a SINGLE game

I thought Steambabbies were retarded but this takes the cake

Don't do it OP. At the very least wait for people to say if the last guardian is good or not.

But dude, if I don't buy one then I won't be able to play The Last Guardian.

What's wrong with that? I really want to play this game, plus one day I'm sure I'll be able to play every game for free once pirating for the system becomes viable.
I bought a Game Cube for the Zelda games back in the day, I didn't regret it. Granted those were two games. And at the end, I ended up playing a lot of games I like for the GC, but I bought it just for Zelda.

It's gonna be awesome, dude. How could it not be?
Also, a lot of people are gonna be waiting for others to buy it as soon as it comes out so they can hear whether it's good or not. They need me.
I'm not crazy rich, but I've been working since I was 16, I don't have no kids, my girlfriend has a job, since my parents moved I've been living in the house where I grew and you wouldn't believe the crazy money you can save when you own. I can buy a PS4 and then not use it. My only constant money drain is my dog and to a lesser degree my car.

There are consoles that have been out for 5+ years that haven't been solved. In 5 years from now I guarantee they'll port or rerelease it if it even comes out. Not only that but you can expect any modern electronics to die within 10 years

But I take really good care of my things.
But I really want to play The Last Guardian. I've been wanting it since I don't fuckin' know when. Since Ico, maybe.
Since it was announced.
Also, they used to say "PS3 has no games, what a chuckle!", and they were right. The PS3 had no games for a long-ass time.
And eventually it had games.

first off, I'm not usually one to scream shill, but fucking lord do you sound like one. Secondly if 450 dollars mean that little to you why the fuck are you asking? Just fucking do it if you don't mind wasting money. Also no, the models don't make much of a difference as as far as I am aware, even the ps4.5 will only support 4k on select games.

Better preorder ps5, 5.5, 6 and the final ps.

What number of games would make a PS4 finally worth buying? 2? 3? 5? 10?

By February there'll be:
Bloodborne
Yakuza 0
The Last Guardian
Ni-oh

Hmm..

good joke

Never Ever Liru 2 will happen before TLG

Because if a model is significantly better than the other then I'll truly regret not buying the better one.
Fine, then I guess that's my answer.
I'm not a shill, but I guess "I'm not a shill" is the shill motto.

I have a really, really good rule for buying consoles, it hasn't failed me once.
Don't buy a console before there's piracy for it

PS4 owner here. If you don't plan to pirate it, get a PS4 pro and wait for Gundam Versus.

THIS^^^

I think the pro is appealing for more enthusiast end players. It's got a similar price point plus a lot of great features. I'd actually recommend that model, especially once games start supporting it in full swing, which they likely will. If price is an issue, the available PS4 revisions are probably more appealing OP.

Despite what some idiots say, the PS4 has been steadily building up a library. There's the obvious bloodborne, uncharted 4 and ratchet remake, but there's also rather niche titles like croixleur sigma and astebreed, which saw PS4 ports with more content than any other release of the game. There's also the HD version of gravity rush which runs at 1080p60 and plays superbly. The game itself is great, but may take a little bit of playing to really show you what's so good about it. My advice would be to upgrade kat's stats that enable her to shift longer, go faster, and do new moves, and less focus on ones like more hp. The game will probably click instantly after that.

why are steam shills always posting in these threads?

C'mon now

samefag

INSTALL GENTOO

buy a gun and shoot yourself

So do you, normalfagmeme poster.

wanna rephrase that and try again?

I don't know what that is but your boy OP don't mess with no giant robots, y'all. Not from geeky franchises anyway.
Isn't Gundam a super complex geeky universe 10 times more complicated than Star Trek and older than time itself?

Oh, also, I've heard the next model of PS4 is optimised for the VR set. I don't need no VR set. I get my gimmicky shit from Nintendo.

Barely legal in my country. Like, supremely restricted.

I question the intelligence of someone who can say something so stupid

No

So what do you guys think the NX will be or do?

I think you got the wrong thread, the nintendo thread is two blocks down

Nothing, it's a console.
Duh

You trolling?

Semiconductors work by getting hot and eventually that takes a toll and throw in some manufacturing defects and some cost cutting be happy you can expect 10 years,

And it doesn't have to be the main components that die, it could one of the capacitors in a row at the back or some supporting circuitry.

Once some bit fails the board is usually a write off.

Dunno dude, but if Wii U games aren't compatible I'm not buying one.
I'll buy one eventually for Zelda and probably Metroid games, but if it's not compatible with Wii U games I'll wait until a good bunch of interesting titles are announced.
The only way I'll be buying one as soon as it's released is if it comes with Bayonetta 3.

No, just kidding.
I know machines from this generation just break, but I'm not that pessimistic. I wouldn't give it just 10 years.

shouldn't you pcmad's be playing a game? I mean, you do have games that aren't multiplats or console ports, right?

you are funny, you'll die last when the day of rope comes

lmao i hate video games
get a load of this kid

People spending so much on a device just to play one game need to be gassed.

tons of people here spend thousands on PCs just to browse image boards and play doom

Yeah, keep spouting bullshit. A PC allows you to play an insane amount of games and do other shit. Don't tell me that isnt a investment worth making.

Millions
British pounds, not useless american money.

depends what you're doing, if all you're doing is browsing image boards and playing doom, you could do that on a 300 dollar pc comfortably. You don't buy a console to surf the web and do work.

Yeah, you buy a console to watch netflix and leave it in the dust.

Also my 45 buck toaster laptop can run Doom, nice try.

you might, but I'm not retarded, I play video games on my video game systems :)

what?

gotta load those 1080p60 fps webms of people playing games you can't

Ayy, shill. I don't own consoles. Reported.

Don't you mean 12fps - 15 fps webms?
I mean the PS4 is known for that bullshit isnt it

don't tell me you actually watch the videos in your web browser

you can reply to more than one post at once reddit

sure, don't you once in a while? I mostly use a 10-bit display for proper video.

what are you doing

You could always play online shooters on consoles.

mpc-hc with kawaii codec pack

Cute, but I don't see myself playing that. Those cool-looking robots mean nothing to me because I don't know the franchise.

I'm seeing a lot of negativity about people who buy consoles just for one game, but fuck you guys I do what I want. I just wanted to know which model to buy.

don't worry, there's lots to be interested in on the system, pc gamers are just very insecure and must attack any alternative.

lmao
There are only few things gayer than rainbow ninja robots flying through universe with lightsabers and doing backflips
One such a thing is op

Yeah, I'm noticing that. I think they were either never hugged by their dads, or they were hugged too often and too naked.

well, it's either eastern mecha or nothing so…

nonsense, the east has done mecha better than anyone else. I take it you're a big titan fall fan.

Holy shit

Aww, your ass u ming is so cute

still hasn't been a mech simulator better than steel battalion, don't worry, you can use the controller on a mech warrior game too if you still sit in your dads lap

I wouldn't dare, my dad's lap is reserved for your mum

Either shill or pretending to be retarded

You're either retarded or baiting. The reason why I bought a PS4 was because there were several games already out that my shitty toaster couldn't run, plus Bloodborne. In my particular case, the PS4 was the logical choice.

Not to mention Ueda still has to prove himself. TLG looks like Ico 2.0 which was incredibly linear with barebones and generic gameplay. SotC was the only interesting game he has made.

That's right, shitter, you messed with the wrong memelord and now you're gonna pay the full price.

I'm neither. I'm just compulsive and passionate.
I know! I can't wait!
You take that back! I mean, sure, Ico is nowhere near as good as Shadow of the Colossus, but the atmosphere, man! The beautiful, beautiful atmosphere! I want, nay, I need to visit that world again!

Dude please go fuck your selfie.
Here's a $400 build that bundles dude sex : hamkind overrided

pcpartpicker.com/list/kLRL9W

Nooooo

c'mon son

You can sell the key for this:
pcpartpicker.com/product/tTdqqs/gigabyte-wireless-network-card-gcwb867di

Still better than consoles.

don't be silly, your old PC can play any PC game worth the time. New consoles get new games, not so much the case with PC!

And yet my dad could beat the shit out of your mom.

Yet! With no games yet!

What the fuck are you talking about, nigger?
I can list 20 games off the top of my head that are pc exclusives:
Name AT LEAST games on xbox OR (not both) ps4 that are exclusive and worth playing.

*ATLEAST 10

don't forget dort fort

Yep

Plenty more games to come niggers. Plus all the weeb only games that you can import from japan.

ahahaha all this garbage and you spent $600+ on a PC to play shit that runs on mobile (downwell? lmao) and you think consoles are stupid?

Pathetic.

You forgot the last gordian.

Do you own a computer that is worth less than $300?

Movies =/= games.

my windows 98 laptop was only about $40, I use it for classic PC games. Excellent specs for the OS too!

LBP2 is better
Gay
What are you, from reddit?
No, I was wrong, you're from Tumblr
Shit
Webm actually related
Shit movie cash in
not out so not a game
not out so not a game and also on PS3
Enjoy paying for it 3 times to get an even more emo version of FF7, you deserve it you casual cuck.

I own a monitor worth more than your entire battle station kiddo

Correction
I was wrong, it's just shit.

Yeah there's that too. Also plenty of other games I am stoked for that I got a PS4 for specifically which would be

Name 5 games that were released within the last 3 years that were AAA titles exclusive to PC

I only got a PS4 because I was tired of the indieshit games on PC that have been flooding the market since minecraft came out.

That's not my pc.
But you just admitted that you spend more than $400 on a peripheral so buying a console now equals $700-800.

Why does this matter?
AAA =/= quality

Exclusives are such a retarded thing to argue about.
Just play video games on whatever system you like best, you fucking losers.

your entire setup only cost you $400? I can spend that much right now. That's a little sad son.

Littlebigplanet 2 is only better because it's less buggy, if it were not for LBP3's bugs it would be 100x better with all the new features in it.

Uncharted is not shit contrary to popular belief,
Infamous is fun but the story may be shit
Ratchet and Clank I litterally played 3 times because of Nostalgia overload
First Light, yeah you got me there
Same with Persona and ff7

indieshit =/= quality

That's right.
But I listed quality games that happened to be independent.

I'm trying to prove that a pc costs less than a console but has more games, what are you triyng to prove?

at least mention something good like gensou touhou skydrift, sakuna, black maria overdrive, ace of seafood. Not fucking kerbal space program and toxikk you fucking plebe.

a platform that has been getting games for 30ish years has more games than platforms that get cycled every 5 years

do you need to prove that the sky is blue too? We're talking about games you can't play on PC, or are better on consoles.

Yes but they are relatively small I loved factorio's main campaign and I wish there was more and not just challenges.
Cities Skylines got stale real fast
Civ 6 looks like garbage compared to 5
Most of the other games I haven't even heard of.

I really really wish I could go back and re-experience the playstation 2 era. So many great story driven games, arcade games, shooters, etc. I hate to see what the game industry has turned into. When you look at The Real Battlefront 3 and compare it to EA shit you will see what I mean. The PC industry is even worse with thousands of shit titles that are not worth the 99 cents on G2A that they ask for.

There's no reason to play consoles because all of the games wil eventually be added to pc.

go play jet set radio future right now

EVENTUALLY

15 fucking years? Still after 15 years? I can turn around right now and access the entire classic xbox library. the entire PS2 library. I have binders of discs of Saturn games that will play like shit on your sub $400 PC.

Frankly, eat shit, you tasteless, idiotic faggot.

I bet you queer niggers don't even give a shit about half of these games you're randomly listing.

Man, the quality of this board has really gone downhill.

I don't think I can wait 15 years for every game, mate. Much as I'd love to.

I thought she was going to slap that thing in as hard as she could for a second there.

Half of the games I listed I own and love the shit outta, especially LittleBigPlanet.
I can't wait for dreams because it's an extremely simplified game engine and an extremely more advanced version of LittleBigPlanet.

was waiting for it to, can only imagine the debilitating pain.

>Buying a console for a game that isn't out yet and likely won't ever be out

Go burn your dick, the game is gonna be the best thing.

Nigger if you want to play it so much, at most go get a second hand ps4. There are plenty out there because people are selling theirs of from buyers remorse.

This
I got a second hand Darth Vader PS4 cheaper than a new PS4 let alone how much new darth vader ps4s were going for on ebay

If you must know, buying an used one is what I am considering.

I'd recommend waiting for the game to come out first, see if people have good things to say about it, then you can buy a PS4.

also this. No Man's Sky should of woken everyone up about preorders

The Last Guardian will either be a tech demo or it will be severely scaled back graphically (either that or you'll need the PS4 Home Premium Pro with a PlayStation Live Plus subscription in order to experience cinematic fur and chicken feet)

No Man's Sky is different. Clearly bullshit from the beginning.

I can't tell if you're shitposting or just 12.

Listen to this guy. Hell I got mine for free and I still feel disappointed with it. And never EVER buy any kind of gaming platform for software that hasn't been released yet. Doubly so in this current market.

If you are dead set on getting one here's what you do: Wait until LG is released, DO NOT PREORDER IT, and buy it then if it looks like it;s turned out the way you like. In the mean time start buying which ever PS4 games suit your fancy. Finally when you come across a good USED PS4 for a reduced price then you can buy it. Wait for the absolute best deal.

Neither. I don't know of many 12 year old kids who can buy their own consoles.
I bet there are more 12 year old kids fucking than 12 year old kids with money. The ones fucking for money don't count because they're poor and they're using the money to buy food. If they weren't poor they wouldn't be fucking for money.

i bought a ps3 because i thought the same thing

Bummer, but still you get to play Ico and SotC without even changing the disc.

I own PS4 and won't get any of these trash.

I'm actually more interested in Horizon: Zero Dawn. TLG looks interesting, but until it's actually on store shelves and reviewed, it may as well be betting on Duke Nukem as far as I'm concerned.

On the plus side, I played ICO, but haven't gotten around to playing through SoC yet - and I didn't even know TLG was a thing until just a year or two ago - so I don't have unrealistic expectations built on mountain of shit-hype.

idiots thinking this game is ever going to come out

Some of you on here really are retards.

I really, honestly don't understand why people are laughing: I've been waiting for this game for, what? Like 10 years almost?
What's wrong with wanting it as soon as it comes out?

WEW
WEW

PS4 owner here.
DONT DO IT

Its going to be shit
t. Shadow of Colossus cocksucking fan

People prefer to follow the crowd rather than have original thoughts of their own. the hivemind of Holla Forums has said that ps4 has no games and if you own a console you're a shitter.
Don't worry about it user, just have fun with it when it comes out.

Point out the non-exclusive then, hint you can't.
Also, I bet you didn't even read the entire post.

Where do you faggots come from?
Are you the same faggots posting on the ASSFAGGOTS, Destiny and CRAPCUNTS generals?
You sound exactly the same

Theres plenty, but just to BTFO

That game is in the second half of that list you retard. Where do you braindead faggots even come from?
Are you the same faggots posting on the
ASSFAGGOTS
and Destiny generals?
You sound exactly the same.

Try again. Point out the
PS4 EXCLUSIVE
THAT ISN'T APPARENTLY ISN'T AN EXCLUSIVE
I'll give you some time to go back and actually read the cap this time gub gub test tube snail man.

Now this is some next level , shitposting…
i don`t even have to say it jesus fucking christ

"These are exclusive to Sony, they may or may not have been on anither platform like the PS3 or Vita, but they are all coming to the PS4"

Whats your point?
What?
Sure, just like all those other games announced at TGS which certainly wont get ports after their Western versions are announced.
Jesu Christ

You're actually this retarded and not just an act? Kek, thanks for the laugh David Duke.

You can stop now, you've already proven you're retarded.

You can stop now you corporate kike
Go fund Ghostbusters 2

Hey Sony, user got a DS4 controller. Works great on PC with proper PC games. One thing you've done right.
But please keep your overpriced netbook for yourself.

Console war trash has finally settled in, huh? Guess it was fun while it lasted.

How do you play PS exclusives with a PC?