Best film of 2017?

Best film of 2017?

pic unrelated?

Casey Alfleck and Rooney mara are meme actors. They suck and this film is shit

I'm sure you will provide some kind of supporting evidence for those statements, right?

no, this is.

Am I the only one who find this extremely problematic? This film appears to uphold a harmful stereotypical view of ghosts as sheet-clad threatening figures who scare and harm humans!

I think we all need to understand that this is really a film about family

Burqas is the most feminist way to dress

And of course it has to be a white sheet, too.

They can't keep getting away with this blatant display of ghostism!

That's a funny way to spell Twin Peaks

When was the last time a ghosts was portrayed in a positive light in a Hollywood film? The image of ghosts as malevolent spirits and villains played for scares must end! It's 2018 for fuck's sake!

Damn.

Oh God! Where did it all go so horribly wrong?

harry potter

I gave it 1/10 Famalam
A pretentious example of a bad Bergman movie. The publicity uses the word "meditation" to excuse the fact that it has no characters, action, or plot. The scenes are static and frequently the only movement is the camera slowly zooming in or out. I suppose this is to give the movie an artsy feel. The message of the movie is that people die and times moves on. That is all you will learn, and if you didn't figure that out by the time you were fourteen . . . We learn almost nothing about the characters or their context. They mostly move and talk like zombies, which is a waster of some very good talent. Midway through the movie there is a long speech by an unnamed character I call The Gasbag, pointing out the obvious about life as if it were a newly discovered insight. It is really just a voice over that leads nowhere. None of the other actors in the scene react to it at all. When I saw it I honestly thought it was ironic, and the movie was going to satirize the genre of intellectually barren self-important indie files, but to my horror I discovered that the director was being serious. There is no humor in the movie, no humanity, no spontaneous moments. When you leave the theater you are not informed, moved, or entertained, just ground down. I compared it to another movie people often walked out of, The Tree of Life, but even though Tree of Life was overlong, self indulgent and badly edited, there was a compelling story at the middle. Stay home.

I don't mind how slow the film is but I agree that the scene with "The Gasbag" could have him edited out since the meaning of the film was already quite clear. You rate this movie 1/10 but you know you'd rather have seen this than capeshit movie #13921301.

Yes always better than a capeshit film but still it could have been way better.
Atlas Cloud is more kino to me.

Bruh, he said meme, what other arguments do you need?

I just pirated this after Jay and Mike said it was amazing. Should I watch it and trust RLM's judgement or listen to a few anons here that constantly shitpost and troll?

It's love or hate, you won't know until you watch it.

from the poster it appears to be pretentious nu-male bullshit, same as her and the lobster

In Her it actually made sense though because only a nu-male would date an AI.

Too artsy fartsy and vague

Just watch it and make up your own mind you fucking woman.

what'd you think of the movie?

Didn't watch it. Probably won't until I've run out of movies in my back-catalog. Watched A Bittersweet Life as recommended in the Korean thread.