Have you ever decided not to play a game you enjoyed because of a business practice? Always online for example

Have you ever decided not to play a game you enjoyed because of a business practice? Always online for example.

man, path of exile is free, it's not like diablo 3 where you have to pay and it is still always online

also call me a shill but i'll defend the game to death because i love it

Yeah but I have an autistic hatred of accounts. Or having my save game not be on my hard drive.

I love it too. I wish there was some sort of offline hack.

PoE is completely free aside from cosmetics and stash tabs, so the always online is forgivable since it has to make money somehow.
Now Diablo 3, now that shit is unforgivable for a 60$ title. The game itself being shit was just the shit cherry on top.

Considering the client is responsible for handling none of the actual game logic, that ain't happening unless GGG decide to release the server software.

No, but I decided not to play a game because of a business practice.

Could someone do something similar to what they did with WoW servers? There's software that emulates a server and populates it with bot PC's and everything locally.

*pay for
FUCK

Diablo 3 on ps3 is offline too, and suffers from no lag due to the map loading on blizzard servers.
You guys are just butthurt you can't pirate it, cause the chances to play it well are out there.

What free to play game has an offline mode?

it's possible, but the community knows very little to nothing about the inner workings of the server so you'd have to build it from the ground up unlike WoW where you know almost everything about the server and can pretty easily replicate it

The shit ones.
The ones that annoy you on purpose and ask for money to fix the annoyance.

The reason why I decided to stop playing PoE was because of the extreme focus on grinding for orbs and the absolutely fucking retarded decision for all your abilities to be wholly dependant not on gear per-se but the particulars of the sockets you had in your gear and how those sockets were linked.

Nothing fucking kills the excitement from finding a nice gear upgrade faster than the realization that you must now grind for hundreds of hours for a decent chance of getting the sockets in it you need for it to actually end up being a net improvement over what you currently have.

Dont forget that they also give stash tabs for free. And it is not like you don't gave enough already. Spend 0 bucks on this game and it is still a joy to play with all the content they keep adding.

You know, the main reason it's Online only is because they pull drop tables from their servers.

It's perfect to avoid hackers and other sort of bullshit.

So you've never actually played the game then.

I quit playing PoE because the client/server has a fundamental design flaw that causes desynchronization. This led to me losing some of the early HC ladder races from deaths caused directly by the design flaw. I remember reading the devs say they knew what the problem was, but "fuck you we'd have to re-write the engine to fix that design flaw so just keep giving us your shekels and playing our broken Pile of Excrement."

I quit playing DDO because Turbine changed it from subscription based pay-to-play to the current industry defacto pay-to-win aka free-to-play-completely-crippled bullshit. I never even tried LotRO.

I still play Diablo 2 and never bought/played Diablo 3, WoW, or StarCraft 2. So basically most Blizzard titles after SC: Brood War or D2: Lord of Destruction.

I've seen a lot of games that looked like they had promise, but then did Patreons, Kikestarters, or early access bullshit… Honestly I check Holla Forums mostly for discussions on older actually fun titles, and every day I lose hope that anything new can/will compete with AAA games from mid 90s to early 2000s.

yes. every fucking game with a cancerous business practice must be avoided. by paying people for bad quality product, you are directly giving kike developers and kike publishers permission to shit in your mouth. vote with your fucking wallet so vidya stops being shit.

Nope. He most definitely has, trying to get a 5/6L when RNG hates you is a massive 100+ hour grind.

it runs in lockstep with the server now, everything you see on screen is happening on the server 1:1 unless for some absolutely retarded reason you prefer determenistic prediction instead or if you have a figurative turd as a connection

You can force a 5 link with crafting, or you could just buy one. You don't actually need a 5 or 6 link until well past the point you can afford one anyway. And if you need a 6 link for leveling that badly, get a fucking tabula rasa or something.

This OP is bait.

They did rewrite it though.
There's a new networking mode nowadays that prevents desync entirely, and works pretty well as long as you have a low ping and a steady connection.

Also, OP, I didn't like the always online at first, but considering that the game is free, the always online is actually a plus in this case. It's not there to prevent piracy like it was with Diablo 3, it's there to prevent hacking, and to allow the game to develop an online community and healthy trade economy between players while assuring there won't be people duping items or hacking them in and ruining the market

I quit when their new community hire got triggered by the females that used to be by the health and mana globes and GGGChris prostrated himself on the altar of feminism by removing them from the game.

6-links sell for like 30 chaos right now so if you're really desperate you can just buy it off poe.trade

yea fam this. n while iz pretty good tbh a nigga had trouble fuckin w/ da economy. they is so much shit (specially nao w/ da updates) eything jus seem like garbage 2 me n i don't neva wanna figure out if shit is good or worthwhile or not.

but das my issue n not do gaemz tho

this tbh fam

yea but u can grind fo dat currency tho. part of my problem with it tbh. da game is deep w/ a lot of different gear n variances n what not, but u just end up grindin fo da currency to get da specifics u need playa idk. doesn't end up comin off quite so hot when u playz it.

I read that's an option, and people still have desyncs that require some command to resync. I believe GGG did not re-write the engine to fix the fundamental design flaw. They put simply applied a cosmetic "trick" work-around.

I'll see if I can find recent videos on youtube as I've been ignoring this game for at least 2 years now.

Yeah for 150 orbs of fusing, which takes a long ass time to grind anyways.

Again, by the time you actually need a 5 link you can just buy a 5 link with the currency you've found.

I'm honestly not sure whether OP is retarded or baiting.

C'mon, user. Think about things before you type them.

Lockstep is an option, and it disables the kind of client prediction that caused warping in the past. Nowadays if you're running on lockstep and there's a connection issue everything just freezes instead of constantly going forwards and then rewinding. t. rolling a split arrow crit build on EHC right now

Sometimes currency just doesn't drop, rare unID'd belts don't drop.
It's just such an incredibly heavy RNG reliance that the game suffers for it

Yeah plenty of recent desync videos for PoE. Fucking lel. Oh well. I guess you shills gonna shill, right?

Bruh it's not like this is hard to prove it's still a thing even with your "lockstep" fake work-around.

How much did they pay you to lie about re-writing the engine to solve the actual design flaw they are now masking with bullshit?

Having shitty luck is not the games fault. You can always vendor random yellows and trade the alteration for chaos if your luck is really that shitty. If you know how to properly evaluate what items are worth selling, currency drops like crazy in tier 7+ maps. And even in tier 7+ maps you still don't need a 5 link if you have a build that's not shit.

yeah sure, run T7 maps when you're stuck in shit gear.
That'll work out fine.
And if you happen to find a decent item WHOOPS the slots don't match up and you don't have the currency needed to dump all your money into it.

Seriously, the RNG in this game makes fucking Xcom blush with how bad it is.

I'm doing t7 maps with a set that cost me maybe 5 chaos total.
If it's actually good, it would sell for way more than what it would cost to reroll it anyway. It's really fucking easy to make your gear into whatever you want it to be, it only gets super expensive when you're going for the absolute best perfectly rolled yellows.

I said decent, not good. Key difference.

So you're butthurt that it costs a lot to roll a 6 link onto shit gear?

Is there an autist around who can tell me how deep Grim Dawn is compared to PoE? Or at least how fun the endgame is in comparison?

Everyone! Behold they typical PoE Defense!

Grim Dawn doesn't have maps or anything, so if you liked that about PoE for god knows what reason, then it's worse.

What's the state of pvp in GD?

nonexistent

The only thing that's really rng dependand is if you get rich at the start of a league or not. Managing to scrape together 10c by the time you finish merciless is not hard if you know what things are worth. Not understanding basic shit about a game is not valid grounds to criticize it.

How exactly is it offline yet the map is loading on the blizzard servers ?

That's not desync you, that's Flicker Strike being the broken piece of shit it's been since Beta; and it's not something that is exclusive to FS. Lightning Warp Totems 'forget' where there are inside large packs, Whirling Blades can temporarily trap you on slanted non-floor surfaces, SRS basically shuts down the server you're in, auto-targeted leapslam locks your controls and hangs animations, etc.

This game has a thousand and one flaws to tear it down with, don't pick the one they fixed.

What exactly are you trying to argue here? The RNG is too currency-reliant? The Currency is too RNG-reliant? Currency generation is too RNG-reliant? Gear is too Currency or RNG reliant?

Doh. I was just looking at my old PoE pvp vids on jewtube. Shit was pretty fun 3 years ago at low level when the desyncs didn't mean much.

See called it, the fallback when they can't think of a reason PoE's complete and utter RNG reliance is good.

I can't even understand what you're saying. I know you're trying to be cute, but it's really not working out for you.

Yeah, no.

I specifically remember reading the forums about this issue and the GGG devs explicitly stating to solve the inherent design flaws would require a full re-write of the engine. It didn't effect just Flicker Strike so quit being a fucking apologist/shill. The game's own developers acknowledge the design flaw, and have since added a work-around instead of a solution.

I'm trying to figure out what your complaint is with the systems in place other than "Buh, RNG!"; what specific implementation or aspect of chance do you not like or know how to deal with? You're bitching about sockets & links, grinding currency, gear drops and more without any direction or point.

So I guess by not playing anymore… I win!

oh but i bought it for PC, it wasnt even that expensive

You are either literally retarded or you're just trying way too hard to bait on this thread.

wow, some interesting stuff going on in this thread.

You're right! RNG being the end all be all and skill not coming into play in the slightest is totally the best! Truly we are the path of exile (tm) now be sure to buy a currency tab and the new armor skins!

definitely some GGG shills

All the time. I don't play single-player games that require an Internet connection. I don't play episodic games–at least not until there's a complete edition.

It doesn't load on blizz servers.
I'm saying not only is that an improvement, but it also lacks the lag the pc version has in case of bad internet or shit servers.

Ps3 is still cozier

I see. Got confused.
Either way consoles underperform in controlling this sort of game.
Partially the console design was one of the reasons it went to shit.

The game has a set amount of skill slots, 4 are bind to the button pad, and two more to R2-L2.
Gold and potion pickup is automatic, and opening containers is done by walking over them.
Yes, a mouse would help sometimes, but it's really enjoyable on a controller, being able to step away from the screen .

wow, some interesting stuff going on in this thread.

maybe but im a poor fag so i cant into multi-platform

I am personally against how they handled the stash tabs, more considering the premium ones that let you easily put things for sale in poe.trade ingame.
But the game is centered about RNG, you know what you are getting. Even then, the game is in its easiest state right now, after ascendancy you can pretty much stomp through most of the content with a build worth a couple of chaos. Even the most retarded casual player can follow a guide and do that shit. People have gotten into maps using only white items.
If you wanna go full self found you need to get more knowledgeable about the game before complaining about 6Ls being rare (Also known as don't make a build that depends on a 6L to work).

The limitations put into the game so it can run on consoles alone are enough to putt off older players.
And how is autoloot fun anyway ?

It's not just RNG either, if that were the end of it then things would be at least tolerable but instead of being a 1-in-6 chance to get a 6L like any normal person might assume the likelihood is instead 1-in-350. This artificial inflation of the difficulty of crafting gear which you depend on 100% for your abilities is an element of entirely unnecessary tedium that in the long term just shat all over my enjoyment of the game.

Or a 5L.
Or a melee build except cyclone or EQ.
Or a caster build except Vortex/Summoner
Any Scion build really is out.

hue hue hue

It's not fun, it's cozy.
But if you want to satisfy your ADD i guess you'd rather spam the mouse every 4 seconds on everything shiny.

I'm sorry you're poor.
Have you tried getting a job?

wageslave pls

user, some people want more in life than a umid basement filled with piss bottle, one dakimakura and a gaming pc.
To earn a better life you gotta work for it.

I have a good life off the backs of stupid wageslaves like yourself. Thanks for that.

If you didn't work for that like you seem to be pointing at, then your parents did, and all you're proving is to be a spoiled child which doesn't know how not to live like a parasite.
So which is it, did you work for it, or didn't you?

There are things to buy other than video games faggot. Bills, taxes, food, clothes. Video games and other time-wasters should be the least important thing financially, if you can get them for free, why waste your money buying them?

Also the game STILL doesn't have a fucking lobby system, every single other game of it's type has this one basic function but yet again everyone at blizzard refuse to listen to anyone.

You really shouldn't be talking about the current state of PoE if you haven't played for that long.

It's not some magical optical trick, m8. The game syncs every X period of time, thus eliminating you dropping dead simply because the game decided you moved somewhere completely different.

I find them to be rather cheap compared to taxes.
But if you need every cent i guess piracy is an option.

I get a tidy sum in neetbux. Thank you for subsidizing my lifestyle, wagecuck.

If you need every cent then you should be working more hours since vidya costs time or money and has no benefit. Eg play a mobile game during the commute to work to unwind

Path of Exile (PoE) is a game that looks really good and play really good, till end game.

You see, the systems looks amazing at first glance, everything looks like a game perfect for diablo fans. Then you hit the wall of the many flaws this game has:

Now, this is another funny part of the game:

The game is amazing till you hit end game, when you reach lv70-80 uninstall and never look back. It's not worth it. Go play Torchlight 2 with mods, Diablo 2 or Grim Dawn, but not PoE.

>I don't like to grind for gear in a game made for the purpose of grinding gear by a studio called Grinding Gear Games

tried trading in Grim Dawn? Torchlight? Diablo 2?

that's just the time I have logged in steam after they dropped the client there and I've not used the steam client to play the game for at least 2 years

Gotta strawman, right.

Ladder resets are shit when the feature of the league is removed, see Invasion league, a Hardcore league that was challenging. It has not seen afterwards, you have to PAY in maps to get that feature.

Before they did Harcore Leagues different with more bonuses than the Standard / Softcore leagues, now they are just the same but with the death penalty of Hardcore. If you think this is fine you are fucking retarded for being OK to take steps back when they pulled this right at the beginning.

Nigger, this is not grind for gear. This is not what you see in Diablo. You see, when in Diablo something drops you would be happy with it, meanwhile in PoE you start getting annoyed just because you may end up spending more resources to put the sockets / links / colours than directly BUYING the item from other players with everything ready, and thus reinforcing the market system that the game has: don't look for items for you, look for items to sell and spend what you get to buy from others.

What part of stash being full you don't get? If I have the stash filled with end game maps, cards, resources I have very little left for me to be able to hoard something to sell, if I have stuff that is worth exalteds Im not throwing them away when I get stuff like that as well neither I'm going to fuck my own inventory carrying it with me constantly, forcing me to sit down and hope to sell instead of playing the game, because again: the game is all around the fucking market.

Would be better for us if they just sold it for 15€ or something instead. I need more stash tabs and some of the cosmetics are decent too.

softcore almost always had the more interresting mechanics

you don't have to spend more currency to roll your shit than it would cost to buy it from someone else, if it's good shit you spend stacks of chaos. if you can't go with what you find that's your problem and not a problem with the game itself, you don't have to be a min maxing faggot and get a 6 link just because you would gain more damage for your main skill with more support gems
and for the buuhuu I don't have stash tabs, it's like you never playd D2 and made mules
you're comlaining about having to pay for a convienience feature which in other for which you have to pay $20 or more, which is the price of 6 premium tabs, to end up with the same amount of storage space. what you realy are bitching about is that you don't have access to the easy listing of items, which in other games like PoE, Diablo 2 for example, you have to deal with the same bullshit of creating a forum thread for the items you want to sell
and I'm pretty sure you and I have discussed this before since you are coming with the same arguments again

You've had the argument before and that's the best you can come up with?

Big fucking differences.

In Diablo 2 I never, and I repeat, NEVER, had a mule. If in some cases I needed badly space I would, you know, install PlugY. Because you know, it's a singleplayer and I can put mods if I want to. The same way that I never needed to trade on Diablo 2, the same way that when I needed an Item I would grind/farm for it meanwhile in PoE when I want an item it's better to buy it than to grind it yourself because it never fucking drops.

At mid game is more than enough 5L and it spends more than enough resources to do so. When you are at fucking late game with a chest piece that is no way you can find something better, you bet I'm going for a 6L.
That is your fucking excuse to have an RNG that can make a 5L become a 0Ljust by RNG? I came to a point that if my character was using a unique chest, I would buy it TWICE and the one with the best rolls would be there on the fucking stash trying to 6L for months just for the ladder to reset and for my character become useless, don't get me started in what happens in Hardcore, that it's just grinding with the first characters to hoard resources for then BUY shit from others to be able to survive later on because the difficulty of PoE became: Avoid one shots and pray for no desyncs in a suppossed singleplayer, good news, it's not a singleplayer its an MMO with a singleplayer skin and it has the SAME problems of an MMO.

You know the best part? I have 16 stash spaces in PoE because my Nvidia came with a code for three games, one of them being PoE and I tell you, it wasn't enough. Stash filled with cards, resources, secondary gear for when I lose my character in Hardcore, secondary gear for another character to obtain better links and swap, and pages of items worth exalteds trying to sell. Now, if I was struggling with 16, imagine friends of mine that only had 4, there's no fucking wonder that they quit.

No, I'm not bitching about that. That is a problem indeed, but I couldnt give two fucks because I ended up installing a fucking third program to be able to update my forum posts so it would show in poe trade the shit im selling.

See above, I never had and I never needed. Because it was a fucking singleplayer game that even the rarest item would drop, meanwhile in PoE the rarest item would take months to drop (if it drops) for it then mean nothing because the league is over and it's moved to Standard.

Also.
What the fuck nigger, way to show that you never played Hardcore and you never knew what a silly desync meant. "Oh I died cause I got teleported, oh well I lost a bit of exp" meanwhile a HC is more like "Oh great the game killed me and I just lost 120h isn't that nice". A death by your own fault, you can take it, a death by some cheap ass shit from the game? No

The only good system from PoE is how the potions work and that still requires a fucklot of grindng and RNG to get the enchants you want, but it's still ok

Yes. The one where EA murdered it in cold blood, and muscling copyright with your huge bankroll means that they couldn't release the server files. I fucking LOVE this game, but I can't decide to play it because it is more dead than a non-bootleg game can possibly be. Its revival is dependent on a remake or one of the devs leaking the server files without EA knowing. Feels bad.

When did molten strike get added? Its fun.

Every ubisoft game, not installing that malware shit.

Uhhh… nigga what? I quit playing 3 years ago, but I don't remember any softcore races.

I could be wrong, but I think all the races were HC races… Which were fun until your build caused you to desync and die while you were winning.

Anyone got a torrent/mega/vola/whatever link for Diablo 2?
I'd just get it off extratorrents or igg but they don't have it

Easy.
PoE always online is biggest downside to the otherwise great game but it doesn't even compare to this shit.