Emulation Thread: Make Holla Forums great again - Edition

Let's have a good emulator thread going. Sage all the other shit threads about divinity or destiny or what ever gay LOL shitthread is going.

time to make Holla Forums great again!

Other urls found in this thread:

pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html
wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Area_51
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

Yes, include meta in the OP. That's great. That'll foster great discussion in your thread.

>disregard most modern games, acquire fun

Just old Nintendo games. Nothing special.

some recommandation

I got Drastic recently and holy fucking shit.
This emulator is really nice.
Revisiting some old time favs and hidden gems alike.

Nothing. Emulation is always the worst alternative

None. Emulation is always the worst alternative

None. You should only buy official licensed products.

Doesn't matter. Emulation is always the worst alternative.

Sure. Stop emulating

ebin thread

(you)

Latest version of PSP recs available.

Has anyone else played Deltora Quest 7 for nintendo DS? It seems like a Ys for kids game. Then I decided to look it up. Its apparently made by an Australian mom who let this game get made and have an anime adaptation because her kids like anime.

it's okay so far. the art is nice but the intro is long

Vita Emu never because you can get a Vita TV for $35 dollars lol

Playing through Digimon World 3 and Dino Crisis using mednafen, enjoying them

Resident Evil 4 Wii on Dolphin.

All those extra enemies makes it fun for a replay.

I remember reading those books when I was younger. Basically Fantasy novels for children.

Anyone know any good android microconsoles that are good for emulation? I was thinking of getting either Madkatz or even the ouya preferably one that can emulate up to dreamcast/ can run dolphin.

Double tap to select? Who the fuck thought that would be a good idea?

Sean Murray with his "hold down the button for X seconds to select"

Oh hey, convenient that this thread is up. I am trying to get Sega Saturn Emulation to work for Deep Fear. Any user here have experience with such things, as I dont seem to have much luck?

How well do the following games emulate on PCSX2?:
Scarface, Bully, Darkwatch, Area 51 and Psi Ops(just asking, I know about the pc port), Second Sight (also want to know about Dolphin version), Killswitch and SOCOM 2.

pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html

Here you go user.

Need more specifics on how well Psi Ops and Area 51. What makes Socom 2 and Scarface hard to run?

if its on gc/wii, play that version. area 51 has a pc port.

want your games to work? original hardware

is this the version for ants?

Would Persona 2 be a good pick for someone that hasn't played anything SMT related ever

Probably not. Try Nocturne or Strange Journey.

It's just the battle system being more obtuse in P2 and everything being slower. Don't play Persona past 2, anyway.

Once in a while it has saved me from accidentally pressing an option that I really really don't want to press.

It is annoying though.

wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Area_51
No mention of glitches on the page, but probably not many people emulate it. Also, they gave a way the PC version for free years ago, I still have the installer but it doesn't work on Windows 7 sadly.

Use same site to search for others.

But I have the cursed roms already

Front Mission 5. I now understand why people claim this is the best in the series.

Dunno

The only hacks I've really played at length are Fire Emblem hacks, and most of those are incomplete or WIP hacks. Requiem was probably the most polished all around of the completed full-length hacks.

Never

No

Not really.