Nier Automata gets a demo some time this year

Aw shit, nice.
nichegamer.com/2016/09/18/nier-automata-demo-coming-end-2016/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/RPGSite/status/776993967527174148
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Neat.
That's all that can be said about the subject, isn't it ?

Should i play Nier before playing this or it will just dilute the new game experience?

If you already own a 360 or ps3 then yes. Depending on how interested you are in lore hunting I suppose getting the ps3 version, replicant (bro nier), would have higher priority since there is a replicant exclusive drama cd for it and the nip collection edition for automata will come with another replicant exclusive novella.

Hope this might in vigor more people to demand demos from triple a games.

Yoko Taro has never made a good game in his life. In fact, he's never made a game above a 4/10

Too bad the PC version is Denuvo'd. I was really excited for this game but they managed to make me go from 0 to 100 back to 0 in record fucking time.

It definitely wouldn't hurt.

oh look, another nier thread in the catalog after the current one made it all the way to 50 posts >>10731061 And that last one was made while there were two dying in the back pages of the catalog.

Hurry up and post the upskirt picture, I know you're dying to.

Nope. The only things you miss out when playing new DrakeNier games are usually nods to previous games. Every game is rather self-contained with a few references here and there (the weapons are all the same, One looking like Manah in Drakengard 3, and seemingly Popola and Devola in Automata, amongst others)

Even the absolute madman has said it himself.

twitter.com/RPGSite/status/776993967527174148

Do you mind giving source on those claims?

p-pc?

The demo might also indicate how the localization is being handled.

More demos would be nice, yeah.

damn dude, chill out. Just because there is little to discuss doesn't mean that this thread has no right to be made, I wouldn't have known about the demo otherwise and I'm sure many others wouldn't have either.

Probably going off of how almost every single game put on PC by square over the last year have had Denuvo.

I didn't even think about the localization for the demo. The optimistic me hopes that if the localization of the demo is trash/censored then it'll give people enough time to raise hell about it and get something done. The pessimist in me though worries 8-4 will purposefully mislead us by giving the demo a faithful translation to lower our guard and fuck with the full game.

They asked him directly on TGS
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Luckily someone has a PS4 so I can just play the demo on that. They should release it for PC though, stupid idea not to.

This is confirmation enough to me. Until they say otherwise, the game is Denuvo'd.

I don't think they said if the demo is just on PS4 or PS4 and PC, did they?
Although PS4 only might be likely for that.

HELL YEAH MOTHER FUCKER

but that's what taro wants from his games

Since PC is not a port, I think it's safe to assume PC will get a demo as well.

Was there any truly bad localizations from 8-4 that didn't involve Nintendo?

What makes you think this? I assumed it given that they didn't announce the PC version until very recently.

Ok, Gone Home is great we get it.

That was a lie user, nothing is known yet.

Only truly bad example that Ninty isn't involved with that I can think of is Drakengard 3, where they changed the tone of the main character from borderline lethargic cunt that just wants this to be over to cursing every other word.

I keep seeing this but see no actual proof for it, is there some sort of weird dedicated shilling going on here? Who would benefit from spreading misinformation about NieR? Xboners don't give a shit about Japanese action games so I really don't understand this.

Its an assumption that makes a lot of sense. Every Squeenix PC title since the new Tomb Raider has had Denuvo. Its not a stretch to say NieR will have it as well.

There's no need to say "Denuvo confirmed" though until Denuvo is actually confirmed. If you want to post something that conveys this, just be accurate and say "It will probably have Denuvo"

Yeah but that's really the only example you need, because that's way, way worse than tired memes.

Yoko Taro is a weird dude. Like, I'd imagine if he were a roommate, he'd be the type of dude, who would eat all your chips, and tell you he ate all your chips before going back into his room.

You sound pooper prolapsed.

The fact that it has a PC demo version pretty much confirms it.

They actually said that they had thought/been working on the pc version since the beginning of the project. I don't know why they held off annoucing that until very recently though, probably sony related meddling.

Are you sure the demo won't be a PS4 only thing like any of the other Japanese demos we've seen? Also what does having a demo have to do with denuvo?