Never trust the french, nor french canadians for that matter

This video is the best take of HR I've seen.

Sorry for not making it a webm, I'm just lazy.

The French?

I'm sure we had a thread for this just a few days ago

If that's the case then, I fucked up, I just found out about this video today.

That's long as fuck, but I'll watch it later and post my thoughts.

And what is the relation with the French ?

The game was made by French Canadians.

/r/-ing the "mahaha the french" version

thanks

Considering how often Ross's videos are getting posted, I am going to assume he is behind most of these posts

Webm related

He spent a long time bitching about the gold filter, which I understand but disagree with; I didn't like it until I played the Director's Cut, where they took out the yellow filter, and everything looked a little lifeless as a result.
When it comes to gameplay, he says that the removal of leaning and limb damage isn't a big deal. Maybe that's fair, but I like health systems that account for different body parts, and too few games do it. I found the cover system jarring at first; it took a while to get used to switching frequently between first- and third-person. While I eventually got used to it, I still would have preferred leaning–it's simpler, and less immersion-breaking. Also, he says that the RPG elements haven't been dumbed down compared to the original, and that's blatantly false. Skills were removed, and there are no mutually exclusive augmentations. Again, it's not that big a deal in the game, but he's just plain wrong.
He's right about there being a bit too much sci-fi stuff, especially in the architecture, but I'm fine with it, since it gives the setting some style. Also, Deus Ex was in development before The Matrix came out, so saying that its use of trenchcoats and general cyberpunk kitsch is due to that movie is wrong–it was just en vogue in the late '90s and early '00s. And Human Revolution's costumes are a mashup of cyberpunk and neo-Renaissance, which fit the themes and setting well; not sure why he takes exception to them. Yeah, they're not "lifelike," but that's all he says about the setting, and while it's true, Deus Ex wasn't as down-to-earth as he seems to think. Did he not run into the aliens or dinosaurs?

That's as far as I got. Might watch the rest later.

TBH there should have been a periscope aug to see around corners. For that matter the radar should have been an aug as well.

This. I vaguely remember some anecdote about half the dev team going to see the matrix and thinking "wtf they stole our character."

Their in-game reason was that it was an aug, just one that you started with automatically. But I know what you mean, and I agree. I hate radars, mini-maps, and wallhack vision, and don't use them or take those upgrades in any game where they're optional.

MUAAAAAAAH THE CAUCASIAN UPSTART!

Is this a Holla Forums thread now?

I m having a bit of an issue with laughing at guys about to risk taking some 7.62 in the face. I m lying, I laughed my ass off when it happened.despite having been repeatedly kicked in the ass by my father as a child for not managing to go up some steep muddy slope

I don't think he does because he does good without the shilling.

His review was mostly on-point. I agree that he focused too much on the yellow filter, and that he was wrong about RPG elements not being dumbed down.

I think his opinions on the clothing and styles of the two games aren't wrong either. Going by Human Revolution, apparently what we'll see in the next 50 years is a drastic movement towards outlandish and flashy renaissance-inspired clothing, then a rapid return to contemporary styles. I agree that the fashion in HR matches the setting, but it doesn't jive with the series as a whole.

I think that sort of matches his entire analysis of HR: it works on its own, but as a prequel to Deus Ex it doesn't really make sense.

pic related, he'll likely clarify his statements on the game as well when he gets around to making another follow up episode. He did also say in the end that this game really shouldn't have been associated with Deus Ex at the end, as well.

the end, if that means anything.*

no, no it was still pretty bad

He had it right, though, when he said that it would have been a better game if it wasn't associated with Deus Ex.

You could have just said Canadians, they really deserve nothing but death

My best friend is french Canadian, and he's pretty red pilled.

Vivent les Québécoise! Pour l'indépendance et la liberté!

That's actually pretty good.

Nope. But check these.

xd

I'm not even French Canadian. I'm a fraud.

Blut Aus Nord is classic

Did someone say French Canadian?

The only good thing that came out of France was Wakfu and French revolution.
We could use another one of those right about now, globally.

For what exactly?

When someone else gets the rights to the franchise, I think HR-MD will be wiped from the cannon.

Apart from the hacking-minigame and refined mechanics (expected), there's nothing I'd care about keeping from their universe.

For me.

nigger

Yeah, we keep the good stuff for ourselves, you filthy stupide étranger.

Who would want to be a Quebecois, even if it's just pretending, why?

what is wrong on killed false descendents of God?

Minigames are dumb. Hacking should either be expanded to tie more in with the rest of the game or removed entirely in favor of multitools/lockpicks/etc. The first game had it right, and combining all hacking down to one thing was as dumb as combining all ammo down to one type in IW.