What genre would you pick for a Berserk game other than the usual Omega Force Musou shenanigans everyone already knows?

What genre would you pick for a Berserk game other than the usual Omega Force Musou shenanigans everyone already knows?

RTS of the Golden Age. Command the Band of the Hawk through their battles. During large battles, command large numbers of troops by issuing orders to squad leaders, so you command Guts to move the Raiders around for charges or Judeau's troops to provide cover fire and whatnot. Manage the Band's funds by choosing contracts, selling Griffith's ass, and choosing who to recruit. Enjoy a Weigraf-esque boss battle against Zod with Guts and Griffith. Play a shitty stealth section where you get special commands for sneaking and murder a nobleman and his son. Watch in horror as your ability to command units slowly slips away and they panic during the Eclipse.

Something like monster hunter, but instead of missions and fragmented maps, have a big expansive one where you have to survive on a day-night cycle by managing resources with your party.

Just do a one to one adaptation of one or more of the arks with a decent slightly more grounded but satisfying combat system.

It'd be pretty easy to adapt everything up to the New Eclipse ark and have a decently satisfying action game come out. Or just do that one Berserk game on the dreamcast but with like better combat

I was thinking a cross between Dark Souls slow pacing with Devil May Cry's options. Then again Guts doesn't really do anything super crazy until he gets the Berserk armor I mean he does but shit that would transfer into an actual gameplay system, apart from that sick spin slash he does with his cannon arm anyway so I don't know how well that would work.

Something like a slower and more weighty MGR. You can dice up smaller enemies with normal swings, and things like the arm cannon would be sub weapons. And fuck having any side playable characters except maybe griffith.

is dark souls a genre

Yeah, it's called an Action RPG.

Brutal Legend style gameplay with the Band of The Hawk, except you command as Guts.

From horseback instead of flying around.

just an action game like the first two berserk games
or failing that, a more meaty/slower MGSR

An open world RPG that lets you play as the bad guy. You could also play as Griffith as well if being the good guy is your thing.

Hello, subhuman.

ohboyherewegoagain.jpeg

The PS2 game, but better
That's it

Some kind of loli band simulator. You play as this aged ex-warrior that has to manage a bunch of lolis and comedic relief on a magical island. There would hints of a bigger plot, but that would never be dealt with in depth.

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUU

Casca rape sim 2016

10/10

I miss the golden age arc so much.
Eclipse was a mistake.

faster Dark Souls or slower MGR but is going to happen eventually

And the Griffithfag thought he was a master baiter

That is why it was a golden age.

Combat system should really emphasize the unwieldiness and power of the dragonslayer sword, more timing swings and positioning than combos. And it's got to deform the terrain and tear buildings and trees and shit apart wh

fuck

This would actually be better than the edge simulator most Bereserkfags would make.

A kind of action RPG where you play some kind of demon hunter in the same universe.
So kinda like Witcher if it was actually more about hunting monsters.
The game focuses on tracking, preparing your equipment, setting traps and using the environment hitman style to be able to defeat supernatural beings as a normal guy.

Action RPG where you play as Mozgus and travel the area to spread the faith and purify heretics. Mostly the later. Increasing people's belief in God boosts his abilities and might unlock new ones, kinda like the healing of the land you do in Okami. Can command his followers in real time to control the flow of battle in case heretics forget their place.
(╬ಠ益ಠ)

The Preacher - Wild Hunt :^)

In all seriousness, I'd want a game with only playable Guts. Dragon's Dogma-esque ARPG (namely the button configuration of having basic moves and two sets of special moves plus delayed button press basic strings and [hold] plus dash attacks) with elements from Witcher 3 (contracts, monster dens, villages under attack etc), Ni-oh's CUHRAIZEE, namely the stance system so Guts can potentially have 3 basic strings and 18 special moves to work with on the fly plus and a zest of Sengoku Basara (recovery animations being cancelable with dash, evade or into other special moves). Probably a shit ton of on-screen on some parts but nothing like Musou.
Key thing - be faithful to the manga's over the top violence and debauchery.

boat/10

Accidentaled the English all over the place.

Something like Nioh then.

In that case it would be cool if we could play as some other characters in certain areas, I need me some Judeau.

Just adapt the Blackswordsman, Lost Children and Conviction arcs into a DMC or Metal Gear Rising style game and I'd be happy.