So I'm well aware this game shit has been discussed to death, but I've never played it before...

So I'm well aware this game shit has been discussed to death, but I've never played it before. I just want a quick bit of advice.

I'm going to require some sort of resolution patch for it to be playable for me since my 800x600 monitor is dead.

Should I use Enhanced or Revision?

I want to soak in the experience in the best way possible on my own, and then listen to Ross's lengthy review of it to see how his opinion matches mine.

Other urls found in this thread:

kentie.net/article/dxguide/index.htm
kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/index.htm
moddb.com/mods/new-vision
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/gmdx-deus-ex-advancement-mod.85250/page-73
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't use any mods, just jump blindly into it.

Revision is not what you want then, it also changes the original level design like it says in the description.

GMDX

Would you give the same advice to someone who's about to play Bloodlines, Arcanum or Fallout 2?

Don't use any gameplay changing mods, I would use this
kentie.net/article/dxguide/index.htm

and the direct 3D 10 mod
kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/index.htm

Thanks bros. I'll check it out.

why not just play the fucking game?

Uh oh, ribbit's here.

Because it's below the resolution of my screen and there's a known issue of the text cutting off on 1080p monitors

also this
moddb.com/mods/new-vision

then play the game at a lower resolution

the problem still persists if you do that.

then dont read the text

If you want GMDX impressions instead of Holla Forumsirginite moanings read rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/gmdx-deus-ex-advancement-mod.85250/page-73

Bloodlines most certainly needs mods so it doesn't feel so broken and unfinished, Fallout 2 is fine as is imo. Haven't played Arcanum.

Wrong opinion.

So basically it's good? Also I might go to that forum. They talk about video games more. Didn't know any were left.

Yes, GMDX improves on the basics of the game, improves AI, slightly reworks some augs and does some rebalancing. It doesn't change the game in any huge way.

Thanks man. Well it's installed now. I know absolutely nothing about the game or series other than that you use augmentations. I'm basically going in blind.

Stick with the prod.

Neither, use GMDX instead.

Bloodlines was a buggy mess until the unofficial patches fixed it. So, no.

However, I would definitely recommend Deus Ex with no or VERY MINIMAL mods. I would definitely argue against something like Revision, which actually goes so far as to change the level design of major areas, like Hong Kong and Hell's Kitchen.

The only modding I would recommend for a first-time Deus Ex playthrough would be something that added proper widescreen support.