GAMES FOR MODERN MILLENNIAL 2016

What game(s) sum up the millennial generation best?

Ur gon hav bad tiem xD

your favorite videogame

Event[0]

t. totally not a millennial

event[0]
pic related

I've yet to see a single person born after 1993 who does not like this game.

Brats have no appreciation for the classics.

That would be me, but I've been playing games since way before they really became mainstream around 2007

MGSV

born in 1994. It's a piece of shit.

'95, and I hate it.

Get out more

96 hate it.

Go fuck yourself.

every generation since the boomers has had this kind of liberal faggotry
Stupid question but if you want an actual answer it would be pokemon go probably

Born in 97, base gameplay feel is okay but in every other way it's inferior to every prior Fallout game, even 3, and that's saying a fucking lot.

Anybody under 30 is a millennial, you autist.

'98 and I can't like something I haven't played. Friend born in '97 played it and found it boring.

why are you surprised?

also, '91 here, any other youngfags going for wizard status?

Inherently broken but fun

kek told halfchan that there would be gfs in 2017

Yeah, I'd say we have a winner here.

'89 here. I already lost mine to a succubus. For the past five years I've had to live with knowing that I shall never attain wizardry.

MUH AVATAR

i don't believe him, for all we know kek could be fuckin with'em

you fool

And you were so close to attaining the arcane knowledge

that'd require you to go outside
which you don't

'95. This game was shit.

Yup, only a few more years to go.

Disregard Females, Acquire Magic

Holy shit. I know it's a joke, but it makes me rage

Are you retarded?

Simply ebin, fellow Redditor

+! upboat

What?

I fucking hate the Legend of Zelda. It's the biggest normalfaggot game ever, and it's praised all over Plebbit. Only a redditfag would post anything to do with that pile of piss.

the point is that it's bait, you complete fucking moron

Also Portal 2 is casualized mediocrity, perfect for reddit fags who cocksuck valve, so it fits either way

Is it because its popular? That shit was fun on the NES you double nigger. Not to mention Wind Waker was good on the Gamecube.

I thought of the image as only having bad games on it, but whatever. Guess I interpreted that wrong.

YA BLEW IT

Personally I already hate Nintendo and associate triforces with faggots.

i can tell ya nigguhz made dis shit cuh u can tell slime started off thankin he funny but den dey went n put lyk actual shit nigguhz on here b havin threads about on da regular n shieet ackin lyk dey don't play dat ish c'mon playa u been know ya fucked up hard w/ dis from da get-go fam c'mon nao

No, it was always shit. Any redeeming qualities it had were raped when you have

It was always an average bunch of games at best, but people who don't actually play vidya act lite its the be all ,end all of gaming.

yo i ain't kno halo wuz a rpg fam huh. learn sumn new ey day

Does the first assassin's creed actually deserve to be on this list? The whole third crusade and all your targets secretly being templars who wanted the relic out of the garden of eden was actually interesting.

I didn't play the later games (after 2) but I'm sure ubishit improved on the design with each installment and wrapped up the story perfectly.

1 story wuz interesting but 2 rinse n repeat

2 opened up a lot of shit but i kinda thot da story suffered big time cuh dey was whorin out for sequels. I got dem bof fa free but lyk dey is total casual shiz. Dey prolly da bes game in w/e category u'd put lyk uncharted in or w/e unless you consider TPP to be in dat saym group. Dey all function fairly similar.

Ubi neva opened up da climbin enough so iz not lyk u could even get good @ da shit kna'mean muh nycka.

I'm not saying its the best game ever, the best game is Mount & Blade, and MH and I'm not saying that all the cancer that it spawned is okay either. I'm saying its a fucking fun game. If you let the community of something take the enjoyment out of something you like, then you've never truly liked it and you were just following the herd.

Speaking Ebonics even ironically and to bait, qualifies you for the furnace.

What's wrong with supreme commander?

It chose sandbox over fun. It chose to be shitty 'spam counter' combat instead of something meaningful. It chose crappy proximity stealth lost by running around a corner and sitting down. Instead of interesting mechanics it had the same minigames repeated ad nauseum. Instead of being tight, structured hits with multiple ways to kill the target and a creative variety of tools, it was shit.

Nothing? It's not on that list?

Left to Fez, under Far Cry 4

Nice passive-aggressive mix of acknowledgement and retort, bitchboy.

It's meant to represent Ass Creed as whole, since they're all the same game

Oh, my bad. Not sure in that case.

none of dat ish wuz bait fam

also i'm black so i mean if I b drawin summa dat ole racial ire main ain't nuthin new u kno

Wow I acknowledged I was wrong so that there wouldn't be a pointless argument for about 10min.

Why is witcher 3 on there? What did they do wrong? I thought project red were good devs?

only 5 more years and i'll be a wizard

they're based, but they're shit devs and make shit games now get out

laugh at it now but it's your future, i mean some of these games would already make it to a new Holla Forums recommended games

see

Like, I haven't gone to halfchan since this shit started up, but I still remember what those days were like. Y'all niggas have grown completely soft

That was close. But that's not very scary, huh?

>There are people on this Earth right now that were born after Doom was made
>There are people on this Earth right now that were born after Quake was made
Now that's frightening. December 1993 should be the soft-cap on births, most everyone born after needs to fuck off and die.

…Is playing victim for Patreonbucks a game?

You're the reason newfags use the "Holla Forums is le hipster xDDDDDD" lie.

These are dark times Holla Forums, the redditors have taken over.

I know this is a joke image but fuck you

You're giving them too much credit. Gone Home at least has good atmosphere and a well-played red herring, I thought the whole, tricking you into thinking it was a horror game all the up until the attic bit was clever enough.

If you want absolute garbage, that sacrifices everything in the name of millennial pandering and "art", look no further than the likes of Dys4ia, Depression Quest, Two Interviewees, and above all others, Auti Sim, a game that simulates autism with screeching noises and static.

The retards that make these games and call themselves artists are catering above all else to millennial interests.

kill yourself steve gaynor

'97 here.

Bethesda a shit.

did you notice all the other games?

Got a mate that is born in 96, he fucking hates it.

I get the criticisms over its price, it wasn't a $20 game by a longshot, but most of the detractors who try and argue that it wasn't a well designed, and well written, clever game, and who don't see the craft in a game like Gone Home, have their words fall on deaf ears. It's not really a point of discussion. MOST people acknowledge that it's objectively a well made game. And the meme about it being this horrible walking simulator only exist in an echo chamber, where no one is actually discussing what the game does, or actually is. So go figure.

Fez used to be in some as well.

So many words with nothing to say. I suppose you're a hipster with a shitty beard and a hate for white males too.

Half of my original post was explicitly calling out shitty games about "feminism" "gender wage gap" "gender dysphoria", whatever. I'm just saying that Gone Home has actual merit as a game, and it's not just SJW waste.

forgot one anons

Which is wrong. Gone Home has been discussed to death here and other sites. It is shit, no matter the price. Go away

The only merit that Gone Home has is that it ends.

No one remembers Gone Home was advertised as a horror game for months to bank on the Slender craze that was in full effect.

False advertising just like No Mans Sky.

Reminder that everyone born between roughly 1980 and 1995 is a millennial.

Cookie clicker.

>still haven't played any fallout

walking simulator of puzzle games

It was ok though…

poor gameplay+downgrades+pandering to consoles

Any open world zombie survival crafting sandbox game without a time limit. Any F2P mobile game. Any licensed sports game that isn't motorsports. [current year] e-sports (CSGO, Rocket League, LoL and all that shit). Shit-tinted/wAcKy first person shooters.

Haha holy shit I haven't seen someone this butthurt about someone not following the hivemind in awhile.

He's right in that Gone Home would have made a great horror game had it actually been a horror game. The devs had the atmosphere for that nailed. In fact a big reason why the game became so infamous is a lot of people brought it expecting a myster/horror game and got massively disappointing when it turned into a poorly written gay romance walking sim.

It is game, at least at the start it does play as a proper mystery/adventure game, however it is also poorly designed game, particularly because it's possible to completely skip the whole game, spoiling the "twist" in the process just by finding a hidden room right at the start.

I don't remember that previous games in the witchers had better gameplay, and the witcher has been using console controls since witcher 2.

this is obviously satire you dumb nigger, all the games on that image are trash. its just bait

The worst part is that chart isn't satire

A number of games on there are good (hell one of them isn't even released yet) but gets Holla Forums incredibly assmad over nonetheless. If only Portal 2 was the only one you noticed then you need to stop sucking this board's cock so much.

On that note though I don't know why Talos Principle is on there since not only is it a good game but I've never seen Holla Forums get salty over it.

The fuck is wrong with these toddlers?

Some of my favourites are on there, will check the others out.Thank you Anonymous.

Sonic Boom and Bubsy 3D make it too obvious.

WELL EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME, user

I wonder how many anons in this thread have formed their own opinion on these games, rather than follow the hivemind.

I remember an user the other day calling fallout4 a shit game, then admitting to never playing it. Thats not to say it isn't shallow, but thats the kind of poster thats becoming the norm here, a parrot that has no opinion of his own, just repeates what he hears.

I feel ofefnded, I actually like the game

i've pirated fallout 4 and it is just as shit as this "hivermind" youre talking about is portraying it. anyone who actually enjoys playing this piece of garbage should go back to reddit

so this is what eternal summer is like

1994, it sucks dick. My brother (1997) also rates it as the worst of the series. Admittedly everyone else I know seems to have loved it on release but even they're turning against it now.

Yeah, if you want no freedom and for the game to basically play itself.

For starters, not a PC or console game.

I'd pick the Dungeon Keeper mobile ruin EA made.
I don't know if it has a competitive mode, but if it does it's a fucking bingo.

Op were you born after 82ish? If so, you're a millennial.

It seems nobody uses the term millenial more than millenials. Even people into their 30's are millenials.

What saddens me the most is dark souls 3 and how fucking garbage it is.

That's what retarded people with shitty worthless college degrees say, anyone with a brain can realize it's people born after the millenium changed. Thus, 16 year old and younger.

Haha

Yeah, yeah, we've all seen this video. I didn't say it was perfect, but the guy makes it look worse than it is.

He is clearly using a maxed blade ability (I forgot the name) which considerably makes the game easier against melee units.

He showed how you can perma-evade by spamming "jump". But forgoto to mention it doesn't work against ranged enemies all the time. Also, you won't acomplish anything in the game by just evading.

And finally, he probably defeated a low level chieftain while being high level himself, since stronger ones are often imune to some of your abilities, including the one he showed in the video.

Again, it's not perfect. But it gets a worse reputation than it deserves.

You're completely incorrect.

Is that your headcanon user?
Too bad it doesn't change facts.

Everyone's idea of what a millennial is is their "headcanon", there's no actual dates agreed upon. I simply use the logical variant instead of the variant made up by people stupid enough to pay for a sociology degree.

Except they're the people who invented the term and wrote books explaining it.

Why not just use the proper term for the people you're complaining about? They're post-millennials.

It's a name synonymous with "Gen Y", while "post-millenials" are "Gen Z."
Except it's a retarded name for Ys, and a fitting name for Zs. Half the media and dumb populace uses it to refer to Zs too, since it's logical to do so . The only people who use it "correctly" are the ones who had to drill the "actual definition" into their skull to pass a test.
And all of that aside, the whole Gen X/Y/Z distinction is retarded for multiple reasons, but that's beside the point.

are you blind?

People here like it. And if that thread from some months ago about posting "favorite game and birth year" or whatever was anything to go by. Then a big portion of the userbase is composed by millennials.

96 would rather play new vegas or try the first 2.

But rocket league is a good game?

this is an amazing troll, there's just enough ok games in there for someone to mistake this as a legit image 10/10

I don't know why people answer to this with telling their ages

while I agree everyone should form their own opinion, sometimes you don’t actually have to play it, you can judge a book by its cover these days

I enjoyed #FE

I didn't pay for it though, and despite enjoying it I'm glad I pirated it

Yeah sure, bare minimum, but the leveling system is trivial in comparison to finding new armor and weapon upgrade in designated spots, which could just as much be ARPG tier.

Millennial covers too many console generations, to really find a unifying example.

But if we were talking about 201X millennials, then either a walking simulator or a David Cage game. What matters is that it's less of a game, and more of an uninteractive "experience".

2005 here i hate it!!!!!!1

I read "Everybody's gone to the rapture" as "Somebody's doing the raping"

January of '97. I had a mindset that Bethesda only made good games. That was an innocent presumption because I played Morrowind. I had never played Oblivion, Skyrim or the modern Fallout games. Then I played Fallout NV. Afterwards I gave Fallout 3 a shot. I absolutely despised it. I tried out Oblivion. I absolutely despised it. And a German friend I know who's 17 hates the game too.

'97

Gone Home is a terrible example of this, you're looking for something that everyone just watches a Let's Play of like that shitty horror movie game on the P$4. Bonus points if its something that allows streamers to make fake overexaggerated reactions to like that or FNaF.

The "go on an image board and yell 'cuck' as loud as you can so that you can prove you're the strongest rooster on the farm" game.

Back to reddit cuck

Fucking stupid millennials. How in the hell can a generation end up so terrible and spoilt after the great hippy generation and gen x? wait…

I've yet to see a single person that actually likes it

96, It played like elder scrolls with guns and I got really bored and never finished it. I never finished elder scrolls either.

Fallout 1 is fucking awesome though, have yet to play 2.

Five Nights at Freddy's

I think it's fitting.

Because it takes place in a post-apocalyptic wasteland after a preview of better days destroyed by greed and arrogance.

Easiest way of spotting a millenial is seeing "it" sawing older stuff was usually better, how i wish i was alive in the 90's MAAAAAN….

Millenials are dumb fucks.

I can't parse your first sentence :(

i agree, SoM when you made the generals become beast was hardish….i had to concentrate a couple of times to fight and win when they were resistant to my powers and got shittons of shilded enemy

that video is litteraly picking a game on easy with maxt out stuff

I think the problem is that you're 30-something and posting on vietnamese anime forums

I seriously doubt there are any oldfags here old enough to not fall into the millenial demographic

Basically if you were born after 1980 you are considered a millenial

Most niggers here weren't even born in the 90s

This board is filled with millenials ironically enough.

Fuck off 90s fag, anyone born after the 80s needs to be euthanized, you smegma addicts who weren't even around during THE console wars are the reason gaming fucking sucks now

Cry it out fucking loud gramps.

I love Undertale. Papyrus is my favorite character. :^)

Stop

writing

that

It sounds as if you are having quite a bone-anza of shitpsosting. ;^)

Check out the enclosed doubles.

For Honor and RE6 is debatable, as for literally everything else, put the fucking gun in my mouth already.

all me tbh

Butthurt much virgin?

I was at a startup accelerator and the first thing we were taught the very first day was LIE LIE LIE LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING

The story of your company? LIE

The story of your idea? LIE

How you started the "garage" story ? LIE

Check zuckerborg: his whole story is bullshit, facebook wasn't his first company, he had been trying to become rich selling shit for a while, he tried selling some shit app called wirehog to microsoft but the deal fell through.

If you are dumb enough to think people with millions in the line wont hire even the cheapest PR and SEO assholes to spam the fuck about the product and make themselves look good then you better get some shotgun mouthwash and stop posting one-liners faggot

Calm your cunt spergy-chan

Unless you're getting into your late 30's, you're a millennial you fucking moron.

so is it legitimately bad that people enjoy these games or what

Speaking as someone born in 1991 and thus apparently a millennial (growing up I always thought we were Gen Y…) I'd say stuff like Age of Empires, Diablo 2, StarCraft, Thief, Q3A, etc. That kinda thing. Games from around the late 90s and start of the new millennium.

That's really what we grew up with and what defined our standards for game quality which is why modern developers find us so picky and hard to please. We grew up accustomed to the best.

Take off Supcom and replace with CnC 4

The fact Supcom1 is on there is an embarrassment

Probably meant SupCom 2 but was lazy finding a pic.

That or some butthurt fag who has trouble with flux eco and dynamic build rates.

Its the same shit, they went for "millennials" because "gen" as in GenX is old and overplayed as fuck

You do realize that when you were a teenager people thought the same thing about you.
And when your parents were teenagers people thought the same thing about them.
And when your grandparents were teenagers people thought the same thing about them.
And this continues back forever only stopping momentarily in times of serious war.

I mean, fuck, the only time people aren't compaing about teeanagers and 20-somethings is when they are dying in droves. In 10 years everyone will be talking about how terrible and entitled Generation Y is. Mark my words

DUDE AGEISM LMAO?

No. The last two or so generations are actually gigantic pussies. It's mostly their parent's fault though. But yeah. Huge pussies, all of you. Fucking pathetic.

While I am %100 onboard, we have hit the rock bottom of human history. None of that "gap between haves and have nots" humanitarian or "every generation belivies they are doomed" grumpy oldmen bullshit, we really have been fucking shit it up so bad since '90s, fucking WWI trenches look agreeable.

Come back when you're not underage cancer.

Fuck

That's a very hipster way of looking at things.

Gone Home was so awful that it made me sit down and define to myself what a game actually was because I couldn't shake the feeling that that wasn't even a video game I just sat through.

Wait a second, you're not a virgin? I hope you didn't lose your virginity to a whore you'll never see again in your life.

I pirated Gone Home, because I thought it was supposed to be a time capsule of the 90s. Something that could virtually be interesting without a game attached to it. It wasn't.

'92, still holding onto wizardhood

Born 1997.
I got some enjoyment out of it, but that was only because I hadn't played the original fallout.
Now I don't like it.

A millenial is anyone born after 1980. So what does 1993 have to do with it.

delet this