18 hours in

What the fuck is with the pacing of this game. Why the fuck can't I pick any jobs yet.

and what was Callaway's problem. First he tells the bitch he has to worry about his pa and brah and then 5 minutes later he still hightails it outta there like a cunt.

Other urls found in this thread:

woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dq7andios/mp3/24. Sacrifice Dance.mp3
woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dq73ds/mp3/2-07 Sacrifice Dance.mp3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck you

Just play the you horse thief

He said "Vocations" you dense ultranigger.
VOCATIONS

You poor soul you

Protip: Stay the flying fuck away from Xenoblade

At least in IX, you didn't get the ability to change until about halfway through? You didn't even unlock Sage until postgame.

The padding in this game was WORSE in the original version.

Given the loading times of the original, that's quite a feat.

Nigger this is the remake of dq7 the game that took 30 hours plus to get access to vocations in the og psx version.

What the fuck are you going on about with muh padding bullshit

Fuck

It would have helped if they added options to speed up battle animations instead of battle messages like they did with the DS remakes.

Too be far when DQ7 was being made the head developers went out of their way to try and make it the longest rpg ever made. Pretty sure they succeeded. The ps1 version main story is atleast 100 hours long.

class change was available before the boat. hell, it was right when you got the first fygg.

I heard they were able to cram so much shit in it because they originally had no FMVs. int he final game there's like 3 cutscenes and they look like pure ass so it was probably slapped in at the last minute.

Imagine if someone tried filling a Blu-ray with an SNES JRPG. We could play forever.

honestly it would probably just be some randomly generated fuckery with horribly bloated assets.

It would probably be something like DQ builders.

Is your head vacant?

I'm fine with proc gen shit if it augments the game.

Like, if we'd been able to jump off the track in Super Mario Kart… and instead of getting put back on, it was like a procedurally generated mushroom kingdom…

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dq7andios/mp3/24. Sacrifice Dance.mp3

woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dq73ds/mp3/2-07 Sacrifice Dance.mp3

I cant stop laughing, this is too fucking good.

???

Orch Version
Midi Version

Already came out? Did they change anything from the Japanese version?

NA has shitty synth version for music.

Seriously?

From ?

I thought it was just comparing 3ds and Ios versions. That is completely fucking retarded.

What were you expecting?

Not much of a life, eh bud?

The real question is… does it have FUCKING ACCENTS?

Yes.

I'll just stick with the PSX version, thanks

GOD DAMNIT WHY

Yeah and they're atrociously overdone as you'd expect.

I'm enjoying the game anyway, but man it's like they were aware of all the complaints about them and decided to bump it to 11

If accents are a deal breaker for you, then stay away, because you'll want to smash your 3ds with these.

There's definitely accents like german, french, spanish etc from what I've played so far.
It's not as bad as say DQ IV though.

Think DQ VIII tier accents.

Is there actually anything to substantiate this?

I don't know.. I guess hoping they would learn from their mistakes and not botch the locaization for at least one Dragon Quest game. I guess that was expecting too much.

Here's an example.
Original Maribel would join in on calling someone a whore, not talk about this open relationship bullshit

I remember her calling the wind spirit a slut(ps1, haven't reached that in 3ds yet) and all but what's the original japanese dialogue in that scene in your screenshot?

If your 3DS is hacked there are already modified versions of the NA release with the music restored to the Orchestral versions. Sadly there is no fix for the busted framerate that the localizers added. I guess they thought english speakers are into cinematic games so they tried to make the game run as close as possible to 24FPS.

Yeah this screenshot has been posted in every thread even tangentially related to this game but I have yet to see the proper translation. The character seems to be written like a stuck up bitch so saying something like that then later calling a character she didn't like a whore seems like it would be in character. Even if the translation was okay though it doesn't excuse breaking the performance and the music.

Shit is seriously annoying. Happens everytime I'm running through the map and during battles.

Is this really how the game is in japanese cause it's smooth as fuck

That is what people are saying I don't know how a localization can fuck with the framerate though they must have altered shit. Maybe they censored a model or something and did it poorly and it's effecting the performance. Just hope all this shit is sorted out when I get to DQ7, I'm playing through all the games at a sadly glacial place. Currently on DQ2 I had to restart because my save got fucked about 25 hours in.

and I do believe this is the japanese version of that line.

Looks like a localizer took it upon himself to add cuck shit at the end.

At the least it's partially accurate? That's better than I was expecting honestly. It's still shit and I'm not even going to pirate it until a decent fan translation comes out now. Maybe the fans will be able to not fuck up the framerate. They already fucked up by trying to use the PS1 script pretty much wholesale and got slapped with a C&D because of it.

If you think that's bad, in the original game, no battle for the first 3 hours.

Also, another amusing thing, they replaced DQ8's soundtrack with orchestral stuff in the original NA version of that, and I remember one autist bitching about that. So I guess it's ironic they fucked it up the worse way this time.

How did SJW cucks end up infesting localization. What the fuck?

Well now it depends on what the guy had said beforehand, because it sounds like she's talking about something a LOT stronger than just "my _".

One one hand it seems like a women is free to do what she wants and doesn't have to adhere to some random man's idealized version.

On the the other hand she is her fiance and interpreted another way it's perfectly fine to sleep around with other men even if she's in a relationship ie being a slut.

Yeah there's a scene where someone finds his fiance lying under another man so it could just be a joke a localizer inserted into a E for Everyone game.

What's really funny is the japanese version of the 3DS remake for DQ8 will be orchestral however the american version will have MIDI like with DQ7 3DS.

Eh that's fine for me I mean it isn't great but it doesn't go against the character.

Because SJWs like Japanese culture in theory, after watching Inuyasha or reading Fruits Basket or whatever, and learn the language. Once becoming a localizer, they realize that Japanese culture doesn't mesh with PC culture, and work to block it.

I wish I had some screencaps for why their presence is so strong in localization, but a big reason is that doing a bad job very rarely risks their career, since their publishers are also fucking retarded (NoA, NISA, etc).

Webm somewhat related.

Well it's obvious I mean look at Dragon Quest it is constantly being threatened with not getting localized. Just because the game didn't sell well in the west they don't see poor sales in the west as a sign of a bad localization they just think the game is not appealing to the west. This causes a huge fucking issue because people doing a crap job are not getting punished unless they do it so poorly nothing sells at all and the entire localization branch gets shut down. This is why when a game is translated poorly it's important to not only not buy the thing but to tell the company it sold poorly not because we didn't like the game but because we did not like how it was translated. The problem of course is that we're speaking to japanese companies who in most cases get all their information about us from the people who we're saying are doing a bad job.

Holy shit, Woodus and the Dragon's Den are still around?

and they're still incomplete

Thats DQ7 man, it takes forever to get vocations.

This game is a 110 hour game easy without doing any side shit.

I never played a DQ game because PAL region
shame this game got hamburgered by memehouse i kinda wanted it

This is what emulation is for, user. You can play the non-cucked PS1 version.

This picture right here. Sorry but it's the fucking truth.

It's a position where they can use their job as a soapbox to spread their ideology outside of their circlejerk, so of course they're going to try to worm their way in.

Was this treehouse or another fantastic translation from square's internal like FF Type-0.

yea I know
its just a shame ya get me? like it didnt have to be like this

Playing this makes me want to replay DQ 5 and 6 and actually finish them this time but I don't know whether or not I should be juggling games or just play them one after the other (probably in reverse order)

Anybody else reach the vocation place abbey. Where you have to go to the lying priest which was an abush?

That battle was laggy as fuck. It was the worst in all the game. 3 FPS here

I'm talking about the bandit priest btw who was llying on the ground trying to entrap random passerby for his boss. The battle that pops out of that is super slow.

Not talking about the lying priest who's a monster and stole your powers.

Juggling is a bad idea because you lose focus of what's going on and where you need to go. And I wouldn't recommend finishing one game and then immediately moving on to another. I played and finished DQIV, then immediately moved to DQV, finished it and then immediately moved to DQVI.

By the time I reached VI I was slogging through it and I think I gave myself a worse experience than what the game actually offered. Play different series and give Dragon Quest a break after finishing a title, then come back later.

Translation covers a wide range of jobs. If you're really good and can translate in realtime, you can make serious money working for multinational corporations or government agencies. If you've got the talent to take a poetic phrase in one language and keep it interesting in another, you have a solid career translating books, plays, and dramas.
On the other hand, if you're a talentless idiot who can only "translate" phrases into hackneyed crap, you may end up lying your way into translating video games for very little money. Guess where the SJWs ended up.

is this before or after the colosseum thing?

After. Defeat the fake priest and then you fight the bandits when the island is restored

It's 40 dollars. You're thinking of apocalypse.

is this it about 3 minutes in? not seeing any lag on this video at least.

Not a good example. That video you linked stutters but I'll blame that on the capture device.

The localized version is the one that suffers from the alg and slowdown. Not the japanese version.

Been looking for any recordings of this in the localized version. Compare this to the japanese version.

I dodged a fucking bullet here, didn't I?

9.99 is the most a 3ds game should cost.

Should've bought 7th Dragon 3 instead tbh. Start off with 4 classes and get the next two within 5 hours. Plus most of the women are qt semen demons. The best part, though, is mixing character styles obviously meant for one class with a different class. I'm going to get a giant elf in medieval armor who can hack enemies.

Maybe this shilling wouldn't be two months late if Sega games actually made money.

You caught me. I'm actually a shill and not just somebody who only just got the game the other day.

Why the hell did the (((localizors))) removed the original orchestra to some shitty synth version?

Well, I have pic 2 and 3 related on what you're talking about. 2nd pic is extra, but 3rd pic in more on why (((localization))) is shit.

Xenoblade isn't half as bad as this is. You can safely ignore about 80% of the quests Xenoblade offers you and still be a fairly high level by the end.

The Japanese orchestra that composed the songs owns the copyright to the orchestrated tracks and it would cost too much for the western versions to license them.

Probably the one thing about the western version that isn't actually the localization team's fault.

xenoblade has content censorship which instantly drops it to shit tier and worse than just fucking around with the translation

which there was plenty of that too

Xenosaga is awesome and you are gay.

So if I pirate the jap version of this on a 3DS I'm good? Or does it have problems too?

The Japanese version is fine.

Why the fuck would you wait until the English version comes out to pirate the Japanese version. Come on man, you had three years to play it.

Good

It's not that I waited, but that I don't have a 3DS yes i'm a third worlder and can't get one for cheap. Also, my backlog is huge

Alright, but be aware that you will be adding about 100+ hours to your backlog if you plan on finishing this game. Unless you can't read Japanese, in which case that time will probably be significantly less.

I can read Japanese, and I've played DQ from 1 to 6 in jap. I'm aware that the game is huge, but I intend to keep going through the series.

Woah, that's fucking weird. I'm playing through all the Dragon Quest games in Japanese too. Right now I'm playing through Dragon Quest Monsters, but I just beat Dragon Quest III SFC yesterday and Dragon Quest VI SFC a week before that. Probably going to be a reaaaaally long time before I get to Dragon Quest VII 3DS but oh well.

I forgot how much I hate VI

My nigga. I didn't find VI to be bad, but the job system made my autism want to grind and unlock the best classes, effectively ruining all end-game semblance of difficulty. At least the secret boss put up a fight.
I guess my favorite was V, since I finished it both on DS and PS2. Didn't play any spin-offs though.

Not if you have four heroes on your team and just spam Gigaslash. Holy fucking shit, just have 3 people use Gigaslash and have one person heal and you can do 900+ damage per turn. Hero class is so broken and I love it.

VI isn't "bad", but just about everything from after beating Mudo until finishing collecting the legendary equipment made me want to fucking kill myself with how mediocre it is.

Polite sage because this isn't a general Dragon Quest thread.

Holy mother of fuck that fight against the pig guy and tiger guy is hard.

How the fuck do i get the tablet fragment in haven.

Somebody needs to clean these up

Good to see Toriyama's artstyle has actually gotten worse over 30 years.

well he IS 61 years old now.

more like you moved over a bit, went to sleep and then woke up with a cannonball in your front lawn.

can only do it every other turn though.

just looked at the game and it was called "knuckle sandwich". low chance to hit unless you focus first.

Well I did limit myself to only getting hero class on the MC