Are there any games that even come close to VTMB in terms of presenting "modern supernaturals"

Are there any games that even come close to VTMB in terms of presenting "modern supernaturals"

We'll never get a proper Hunter game will we?

What about this game? It seems like it has some similarities with VtMB

I've heard a lot of good things about this game, but also that it's really buggy. Is it as buggy as the PC version of Oblivion?

The base game is buggy as hell and not totally complete for a number of reasons, but there's a unofficial patch that fixes most of the problems

On PC we have those things called fan patches.

Not really supernatural but Deus Ex is the only thing that comes close to Bloodlines.
The original one, of course.

E.Y.E is supernatural, I guess? In a sense?

Are there any at all?

I suppose the other VTM game?

Fanpatch it user.

What, Redemption?
No.

I'll be honest: I've not played it yet. I hear conflicting things about it being inferior but worth a shot to just being outright shit but it's the only similar thing I could think of.

Yes.

[spoiler]In an alternative reality where Thief would have gotten a sequel set in modern times.

I don't know if it would have been supernatural though. I just wanted to cry a bit. ;_;[/spoiler]

It's just a hack'n slash with the Vampire license slapped onto it.

The modern gaming industry probably wouldn't benefit from exhuming this game's corpse, user.

Shadowhunter or a game called something like that was an indie game that tried to do something similar, but just flat out failed in almost every sense, which was a shame if you ask me..

Now that the IP is in new hands, perhaps we might be able to see some new hope for the series.. With the way things have been going though, it seems rather doubtful.

Spoilers don't work over line breaks faggot. Also why aren't you using the superior ** instead of typing it out every fucking time? The only use for [spoiler] is nested spoilers.

;_;

So worth playing or not? I don't mind a mindless HnS as long as it's not outright shit.

No one ever bothered to tell me

>try to not fap
>see your pic

user please muh dick

It's okay at best, haven't played it in years and tbh I don't have any regrets there..

You're not really missing out if you don't play it at any rate.

I'd say nooooo

Bloodlust: Shadowhunter is an aRPG of the diablo style (i.e. loot treadmill) though it's not top-down and overall a bit slower paced. The setting is vaguely reminiscent of VTM and it's not terrible but it's buggy as shit and if you go in looking for VTM:B you'll be disappointed. It also has a fucking retarded name.

Picrelated user. I don't know how I survived back on halfchan without this shit.

I'll stick it on the long-term backlog then.

I just completed Redemption a week ago and you spend most of the game in medieval times (at least it felt that way to me). And the game is a Diablo-style hack'n'slash with no sidequests or things like that, however certain conversation choices affect which ending you'll get, in the bad ending you don't fight the end boss, in the evil ending you fight the end boss and in the good ending you fight both him and his second form.

I think if I went through it without getting bored then you can try it out, I think the game's about 10-12 hours long, depending if you're smart enough to learn Thaumaturgy or not.

sending an internet hug to you, user

"supernaturals" is a fucking broad term, you have to specify what you want. Ghosts are supernaturals, zombies are, Cthulhu is and the list goes on like forever

I think he means low fantasy, which apparently means (learnt it myself recently) that it's set in contemporary times, but has supernatural elements to it.

The amount and severity of bugs left after WESPing Bloodlines is proportional to any "normal" game.

I don't know what "normal" games you're playing then

Speaking of VTMB, is my game buggy or is stealth supposed to be overpowered? I'm using the latest unofficial patch and I have 5 out of 9 points in sneaking.

Low Fantasy just means there's little to no fantastical elements present, so no magic, no monsters, etc

essentially supernatural creatures in a contemporary/modern setting, not sure what a better way to put it would be
VTMB is the closest to what I can think of as a representative

And I don't know how you patched Bloodlines if you're still experiencing bugs.

I thought the amount and severity of bugs left after WESP was the "normal" amount of bugs? Now there are no bugs?

There will always be some bugs in any video game.

I've found that once you put in 3 points or so into stealth the stealth system becomes piss easy. So no, it's not bugged, it's just that stealth becomes real easy to do once you level it enough.

So I shouldn't still be experiencing bugs if I patched it correctly, unless I do experience bugs, and if I do experience bugs, that's just the normal amount of bugs?

Ye

i just fapped

your post triggered me

Ok, it becomes quite ridiculous sometimes.

Checked that ID.

Tremere master race.

Agreed, I had the most fun playing as them, a Malk and a Nosferatu.

Tremere is the easiest way to play the game.

What about superscript and subscript?

Nothing game breaking, at least.

Celerity invoked, faggot.

At 4 sneaking total you should have gone in the red range at 70+. Something's not right there. Are these goons blind and deaf?

Actually, that's just because in the last few (or… maybe eight) years Wesp's patch went from being a patching project to being the STALKER Complete of Bloodlines - added new bugs in and everything.

I personally think VTMB does great at story and setting. But the overall gameplay is just shit. Put as much points as I could into shooting and the shooting is still shit. Or you're completely locked out of a quest because you didn't put enough points into lockpicking.

I kind of like that about old rpgs honestly, nowadays its just
plus it gives you a reason to replay the game, build different and see what is behind locked doors
The combat is objectively terrible though, It's why I was so disappointed with the antribu mod, they did all that work to add more sections of awful fighting and buggy enemies and garbage weapons that don't work properly, when they could have dedicated the time to replacing the shitty sections of the game like the sewers.

I'm living in a world of darkness.

I never thought I'd have a reason to post pic related again.

Bugged as fuck yeah, fanpatch is a good way to play it. The GoG version already is patched with it so pirate that.

wait what you can spoiler with asteriks

I've played the game several times and I can't really tell how exactly it pulls itself off so well with the modern setting but supernatural vampire bullshit.
At some point I thought I'd only liked the game because I was 16 when I played it first, but then I played it again as an adult and it was still good.

There's always Bloodbuff or some other way around it as far as I remember.

First of all:
Jeannette or Therese?
I saved Jeannette.

Also, what skills are best to max?
I remember lockpicking and persuasion being important.
Also, how to open the safe in the hospital?
I got to the next area and still couldn't find a way to open it.

This tbh, game is pretty fun.
Run around throwing spells in combat and feed on innocents, get caught, slaughter people then reload.

How the fuck do you spoiler otherwise???

Clearly you never played.

TES Skyrim and Oblivion.
If heavily modded they're one of the few games that get vampires and vampire hunting right.

>TFW I'm a male, manage to escape and stake them all for what they did

As much as I hate skyrim, there was an awesome mod for it.
If you became a vampire, you actually burnt in the sun.
For the first week you would have to feed all the time and go into bloodrages, then as time passed on you would get additional powers from "being ancient" and eventually you could resist in the sun for a little while instead of instantly turning to ash and you would feed less and less.
Your vampire form also got new spells but wasn't gamebreakingly OP.