twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Alien Nation
Split Second
Silent Rage
I Come In Peace
Universal Soldier

(checked)
Mein neger.

JCVD is -dare I say it- the low budget action movie king. I've recently rewatched Hard Target and it still holds up.

This scene in Universal Soldier gets me everytime.

Praise it, nigga! Bloodsport is a guilty pleasure still for me.

Speaking of JCVD, you owe it to yourself to watch the 2 latest Kickboxer movies, "Kickboxer Vengeance" and "Kickboxer Retaliation". It's like they were filmed in the late '80s and Van Damme himself kept them in a vault for 25 years.

Pure low budget action movie kino, user.

Agree with JCVDKino. Every so often I have a week where I'll watch a bunch of his movies.

Hardware looks great, but the pacing is fucking awful.

Can't get much lower than that.

the trailer for that movie was hype but it was ok, not enough death/action

Falling Down did it better.

XKCD did a take on movie narratives and gave up on Primer. I'm thinking of watching it.

I really enjoyed it, and watched it a few times. I liked Upstream Color, too, but it's more "Arty."

Nice chart. Would be better if I could actually read what the fuck it says.

Enemy
The Bling Ring

Thank you.

The one and only.

Only the first 20-30 minutes was great. The rest was horrible.

It was great, but the stunts sucked and the sped up footage was lame. George did solve every flaw it had in Road Warrior though.

Enzo G Castellari's entire filmography is low budget kino. The script might seem like schlock sometimes, but he was extremely competent at cinematography and directing action stunts.

Indeed, Road Warrior is the superior Mad Max movie. But it wasn't as low budget as the first one.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Max_2#Development

It wouldn't be that expensive if they didn't have to build and blow up the entire compound. George did immensely improve his directing skill along those years.

bump

looks like an average american to me…

says the kraut getting raped by pakis

This film is actually fucking great for such a low budget. It's a legitimately good action movie. Here's the whole thing on Youtube. Have fun.

$7,000

Hardware's an interesting one. The visual design is excellent, but it's kind of a boring movie.

Talk about misleading. I foolishly assumed the movie would take place in more than just one apartment.

The way they set up the scope of the universe, and then instantly reduce to just an apartment makes me think they ran out of money. Maybe they wanted the cool shots for the trailer.

Yeah maybe. It feels like that happened with Trancers/Future Cop as well. Fantastic opening and then reduced to modern day LA streets like they couldnt afford to keep the aesthetics.

The action is excellent, if only the cars weren't so silly looking. Lucio Fulci's The New Gladiators has more kino visuals and music. It's aesthetic as fuck.

Starcrash can be a bit of a slog to get through, but that final battle makes it all worth it. Edited video, but you get the idea. Disney wishes they cold make a Star Wars movie this good.

The stupid looking cars are part of the fun.

The part where they burst through the window in the torpedo tubes makes me cum.

Who says disco is dead

How come a nobody-director with a million dollar budget made a better-looking/sounding action movie than pretty much everything but Fury Road? Similarly, Hardcore Henry was done on $2M and while it doesn't look as good as The Raid its an even better movie overall.

Was gonna post this one, really liked it too (at least after multiple viewings)

$1.6M
Best movie

0$ budget and you can watch it right now:

hooktube.com/watch?v=cArc3lk8750

What a happy accident that was. A bunch of local sheep fuckers film a joke movie for a festival. Accidentally kickstart Peter Jacksons career.

The Man from Earth

Literally the worst fucking film I have ever seen would not wish this piece of hot garbage on my worst enemy. Stop posting it, stop suggesting it, not even as a fucking joke its not funny you are literally setting anons up to get raped for an hour and a half you sick fuck, god fucking damn the movie was awful.

ill spoil it now

the dudes a fucking functional immortal and the old man is his son he's been around for tens of thousands of years and every 10 years or so he packs up and moves away when people start to notice he never ages.

its not great

was gonna post this.

Wasn't Brick made for 5000? but since it has hothead gay alien teen i'm starting to doubt
And even when i hate half of the characters and the director itself, Clerks was well-made and was done for less

OP said kino

Blair Witch Project?

really good choice

Google gives me 500,000 which sounds more like it. With most of these tbh I'm doubting the low budget. Even when actors are tour friends working for free, shit costs money. Like with prime, what are the odds they we're film people who "had equipment laying around" and didn't factor that in?

Also, for mariachi, 7k USD in 1991 Mexico sounds closer to 100,000 USD in america. Although a lot of our problem is nanny state regs and insurance and shit.

450,000 now that i'm checking, interesting because i remember it being shilled to hell and back for being cheap. Clerks was 27,000, cheap but way over 7000.

Mexican action movies were around 5 million weed coupons, which is around 420,000 USD. Because Mariachi doesn't use a lot of "professional" props, i guess it could be around 42,000 USD. I don't buy it for 7000, because of the film conversion and half of the stuff was borrowed, but has a innate cost to it, even when gifted thereafter.

What's y'all niggas' definition of low budget?

nigger are you 12?

I don't know what the actual budget was. I assume low budget because no one cared enough not to lose the fucking film for thirty years.

You assume wrong.
You just stumbled upon maybe one of the few things that got Australians butthurt and riled up: A canadian directing a movie about a posh brit entering a miner town inhabited by mostly australian worker men, and the stark reality of what that situation encompasses.

Aussies got overly heated when they saw the movie, walkouts and insults were well-known in screenings, things didn't help either when the movie was a major hit in Europe and was even presented elegantly in Cannes.
If anything it impulsed many young filmmakers to redefine Australia in their New Wave that was ultimately their most successful era.

You are seeing a movie that, with its inner basic concept and situations, out-bantered Australians. Made by a fucking leaf nonetheless.
The movie was "lost" intentionally, and recently found and turned back into its proper spotlight thanks to a dude who stumbled upon it in a trash can after the studio was given a call he was going to search for it soon.

Also a hipster's hipster movie, famous with flick nu-aficionados who heard about its remaster recently and old cinema buffs who called it one of the true hidden gems, screened at night in obscure french kinoteka houses

It's auteur cinema. Whether you like specific auteur directors or not, often the meddling from studios who want to meet quotas to try and fill cinema seats with an audience that doesn't exist is the fastest and most expensive way to ruin a movie.

You know it in your heart to be true. It single-handedly kickstarted a new subgenre of horror movies.

This. It is one of the best horror films, and one of the most influential as well.

Sudden Fury (1997).

It's extremely edgy and profane, but it's charming despite the cinematography not being too strong. There won't be another movie like this anymore.

Yes. I hear many people claim Cannibal Holocaust started it, but this is untrue. CH is a mundo film. Blair Witch is the true pioneer of found footage style.

I suspect that the non-found footage scenes in CH were shot because of the surrounding controversy: the film was believed to be real, and the director was even arrested, and not to mention the killing of the animals. If it had been a true found footage film, it would probably have caused an investigation - I don't think people were ready for it at the time.

Says the mutt getting raped by niggers.

I'll concede that the first Paranormal Activity was pretty comfy too, not quite on par with BWP to me.

I had an invite to the premiere of upstream color and two tickets but the girl I was going to bring got weird and fagged out and i was embarrassed to go alone when I had two tickets so i didnt go.
idk i just wanted to share that.

Cannibal Holocaust was made as a response to Africa Addio and other mondo films. CH itself isn't a mondo film, the legitimacy of a mondo film is ambiguous but CH is just a straight film made as a mockery to the mondo genre.

I liked it. Personally I just treat it as a Twilight Zone episode that's done at movie length.

I thought the Jersey Devil Documentary was considered the true start of found footage due to it coming out a few months before Blair Witch?

Better production values because the original had zero budget. Still the ultimate Terminator film.

It's OK, user. I think it's a movie that doesn't really benefit from seeing it at the cinema, it's more personal than that.

Beta to the max

A huge chunk of that film was just a couple arguing about using a camera ffs.

NOISE MAY MAY

End your pathetic existence.

A huge chunk of BWP was a bunch of teenagers whinging about getting lost in the woods, the good stuff happens 20 minutes before the movie ends.

BWP is a very slow build in tension, watching the three characters turn on each other out of panic and desperation. PA is static shots for 15 minutes and then a chair moves a bit.

I'm not a fan of found footage in general, but PA is a fucking bullshit garbage series.

true
At least there were some uncanny valley shit going on (like hearing kids laugh, the weird stick figures hanging from trees and finding out that Josh is lost forever)

I was high as a kite on ecstacy watching this film. Disbelief 100% suspended for the duration. It was a great experience.

I only knew his gialli and zombie films, now I gotta check this out.
Will I see mannequins being thrown down from cliffs and releasing sparks from the friction during the fall? lol

Somebody else knows and appreciates Nemesis??