How can people still beleive in SC after his E3 video?

how come nobody budge at the size of this critical issue?

when the game comes out (as a Minimal viable product, don t forget)
how will you prepare yourself for the gigantic failure it will be?

a failure so huge that will make ubisoft look like a saint.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/FNmVb
archive.is/LlSxZ
robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/subscriptions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dude…look at the angle and distance.
The EVA guy is farther from the big ship in the bigger screen than it appears.

It's literally nothing.

Is it? Ithought it was more like P2P like Elite Dangerous.

Full gameplay vid.

p2p mmo.
but their website is a complet clusterfuck (unless the campaing (squad42) really isn t part of SC anymore and is a DLC?)

dont forget to buy ships !

no you can see (go look at the video again) that there is about 1 (2?) second of latency from his position to the other

granted that you could think that he is in fact in the good position since it s not easy determine his exact position in front of the cockpit, however base on his aiming direction you can.
he is aiming at 10 but from the ship persepctive he is aiming at 12

1:10:10

Latency that high seems like it could be more like the streams being out of sync. I wouldn't put it past them to fuck it up that badly though.

Are they still selling jpegs?

if its that they are really, really stupid because from day 1 netcode was their biggest issue and still unresolved.

he knows…

You can literally play it right now and the desync isn't anything worth mentioning. The problem is that with the current netcode if the server is under load, which is all the time, it causes enormous FPS drops on the client. The new netcode, again not contained in the current builds, is supposed to solve that.

It's buy2play, you need to have the base game, but there is no monthly subscription fee.

Your argument isn't convincing at all.

Obligatory.

You can bitch and moan about SC as much as you want, but don't expect people to sit idly and nod their heads along no matter what idiotic claims are made. It's not like there's a lack of material for shitposting about SC, and yet people always opt for something retarded.

Anyone still has hope for the whole galactic scale MMO genre ? E:D is meh, NMS crashed its release with no survivors, SC scammed the shit out of everyone and still looks like shit, and EVE is going F2P. That's a fucking shame, litteraly all of these had potential.

i found this nice video who seems quite objective about SC.

aside for some hypothesis (like the choice of the engine) he stay to facts.

I'd argue that it's p2w because you you can buy a limited amount of ingame cash each month.

That and the fact that the literal jews are already stockpiling ships to sell on release so they won't only have hangars full of top-tier ships but also full wallets on release.

Most P2W MMOs at least need a couple of years to develop such a lopsided two class-community that it actively drives away free players, but SC will have it on day 1.

So not only will this game have its economy crash on release but it will only have a inflation, thus making it even harder for players to make a living without reverting to the cash-shop.

This is impressive. It took Eve Online 13 years to slowly slide into this state but SC will be fucked the same way from the very beginning.

EVE's f2p is effectively just a trial version. They only allow free players to train the most basic skills, so in effect it barely affects the game. But I don't think it has much potential, playing EVE has always felt like one of those browser- or mobage where you just click on things and watch a couple numbers tick and wait for that one building to be finished in two weeks; EVE just has the fanciest frontend for it.

The amount of ingame cash you can buy is inconsequential iirc, it's more the ships that cause a problem with the balance. It's definitely p2w in the broader sense, but then again I prefer this to a monthly fee.

when it happen in EvE, the dev release and expansion who trigger a war to fix it (just like real life)

horizon trigger the fountain war

SC was always a meme that only retards bought anyway

Unless they changed ship insurance and fixed the bottleneck moon jewery an intergalactic war can't save Eve at this point anymore.

Major Alliances can lose their entire supercap fleet and just bounce back in a couple of weeks and it hardly makes a dip in the economy.

I also knew that the game as pitched will never get made from his older brother.

that s because you dont defeat an empire just with one battle, you must cut their ressources.

What is with the shadows? Also why have shadows in games gotten consistently worse over the years?

I had a fun morning anons, how about you?

I stopped believing in it a long time ago.

From the very beginning this project had zero direction, and they were in complete development hell. Now they're making some progress, but haven't fixed many of the core issues they had since the beginning. They'll be running out of money before they achieve even a third of what was planned.

It pains me to see so many people in the audience of the demo cheer absolutely everything. You can hear how desperate backers are. Also it looks so much like Elite Dangerous now it's painful.>>10742755

first time I heard about the game was about how much fucking money it got. I cant imagine this game being anything but a complete scam.

What we do know is that this game will trigger suicides. Mark my words.

I predict all the community forums will have stickied threads with suicide hotline numbers.

This might just be the best game of all time.

A priori buyer's remorse.

Its gonna be alright, right guys?

SC initials already refer to Starcraft. Please abbreviate the name of your hoax differently.

I'm afraid it's terminal, little buddy. Yikes.

they will sell it as a minimum viable product so even in the worst case scenario:
you can bet your ass that the game will be out, but completly broken with no feature (working)

it was hillarious to see the audience cheering for any door opening … (i guess the door couldn t open before)

try to get a refund, i knwo some guys manage to get back his 2.500$ .
at first they didn t want to but then he threaten them to sue them and so they gave him a refund
check google or
at 21:50

STARC

reminder

SC is not even in full alpha and it still has more content than Nu man sky

that s no reminder, since day one, since the first trailer at e3 this game never promise anything more than seemless transition between earth and space.
and at the time that was "new" (no Elite dangerous, no SCrap)

only retarded idiot could get excited by it.
even with multiplayer this game would be shit.

You're right, SC is Freelancer 2.0.

What the fuck are you smoking?

cigar.jpg most likely.

SC will fail. It will fail badly and Chris Roberts will turn into another John Romero.

Who the fuck wants to pay 10-15 euros a month just to have access to a game? The type of p2w in SC only affects you on a grand scale, an organization with a lot of furfag whales will have an edge on those that have less retarded players who didn't buy $1000 jaypegs, but 1-on-1 combat is normally managed by the instancing system and the ingame economy is very unlikely to be directly and heavily affected by the money-bought ships. I simply don't care that much that faggots can buy the top of the line ships and run around in them, while I care a lot about paying real-world money just to be able to continue playing a game that I already bought once.

Both are bad but p2w is infinitely worse than subscription

you terrifying cuck
you do realize its a mmo .. with pvp and such?

From the FAQ:

Source: archive.is/FNmVb

It will fail because Roberts has already tried to make this moneysink into a reality and failed..

The best the imbeciles that gave him money can expect is a half finished mess ala Freelancer.

But it isn't. If it was about selling "ULTRA MEGA DESTROY EVERYTHING CASH-SHOP-ONLY 1-HIT CANNON JUST $999", it'd be one thing, but I can get the same ships and equipment just by playing and I don't even have to encounter buyfags 99.9% of the time. While if it was a subscription service, I would not be playing at all. Theoretically it may well be worse, because it is directly ruining the fairness of the game on a grand scale, but specifically because it is on a grand scale, it barely matters to the individual player. Besides, it's not as if the fairness of such a system couldn't be adjusted by the developers, though it's not like I have a lot of faith in them to go beyond what's already in place.

There is another scam coming up: Dual Universe.

Ok I am done here, clearly you drank the SC kool aid too much already.

Yeah, go ahead and explain how that happens, and then I'll respond with ">automatic instancing".

It's their retarded way of saying "there is an MMO part and there is a singleplayer part, plus you may or may not be able to host private servers". The singleplayer is supposed to tie into the MMO, but only in a few superficial ways, namely that you gain "citizenship" of the largest faction after completing the SP campaign.

so let me correct me

>you do realize its a multiplayer game .. with pvp and such?

it s a "semi-mmo"
it s an mmo if you stay on their server and play there.
its like playing wow but be abble to play without anyone in a self instance "server" and go back to the live one whenever you want.

Only if you consider 12 player per universe "multiplayer".
But even then the (CryEngine3) netcode of this scam is completely broken.

fuck you nigger

Are you sure about that ? 12 players per instance, no one would be surprised, but per universe ? They can do better than that.

Not with the shit programmers they have.

Not quite, what you're talking about is probably the PvP slider, meaning that while you are playing the MMO, you can adjust the frequency of random PvP encounters and replace them with PvE encounters of the same type and strength.

They're aiming for 100-150 size instances, though it's questionable if they can actually achieve that. The modules that are out already run with 20-30 people in one instance so that is at least the minimum.

How to detect scams on Kickstarter:

1. Promise a ridiculous amount of features.
2. Asking for just $500,000 to make sure you get a KS pay-out and can run with the money.

archive.is/LlSxZ

Do not question our Lord and Savior Roberts praise be His name.

should i tel you what inflation is ?

>high rates of inflation and hyperinflation are caused by an excessive growth of the money supply

what do you think will happend in day one with all thoses guys who will inject huge amonth of money produce from nothing thanks to cash shop ?

remember that the game is also sold upon :
couple with

so yea enjoy your broken economie since day one

that mean that with inflation you will have to play much more that originaly planned to buy your ship

Chris Roberts will make space sims great again.

How? By making you pay for it.

Don't worry goyim, the prices in the cash shop are not affected by the virtual economy.

You know that this scam will never have something like that?

Didn't they put the FPS portion of the game "on hold" for a while now?

Seems to me the further in they go the more shit they keep dropping.

The economy will not consist solely of the players. To begin with, nobody will have huge amounts of money from the cash shop because there's a pretty low limit for how much you can buy. The only large-value things injected from thin air will be the ships. But even if we assume that the economy will be broken day one, do you think the developers will just sit there watching those select few players fucking the game up for everyone else, instead of imposing some arbitrary "you can only use X amount of store-bought cash per Y amount of time" rule?

Literally releasing with 2.6

There's also supposed to be some Citizen con thing coming soon where they show a new version of 3.0

What are you talking about? He's right there in the front of the ship.

I can't get that furry 'interview' with Roberts out of my head, I can still hear those squeaks.

It's not the FPS portion of the game, it's an FPS minigame-esque portion of the game, similar to Arena Commander. FPS as such is already in the public versions.

Why did you why didn't you mute? Did they say anything about being able to have furry skins?

b-but it's just an alpha.

Yes, of course they will. They will protect their whales above all else.

I'll prepare my salt shovel.

Furries shit up everything they touch. It's in their subhuman nature, even if what they ruin is already a turd.

I muted the moment one of them talked but I can still hear it

inb4 some super-rich autist dumps half a million into the game using alts.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAD

Why do I keep doing this to myself?

They never had anything to put on hold.
The scam artists on the top are employing developers solely for the purpose to produce fancy one use trade-show demo renders to fool the press and gamers.
So they can cash in moar "crowdfunding" monies and pay themselves exorbitant salaries and "royalties".
They are not making any game and never planned to.

This is just a bunch of nuclear scientists in their vacation house party. Nothing out of the ordinary. Shame he didn't ask about the furry skins tho. Would be funny to have a raptor skin and people writing in the chat, "clever girl" after you take em out.

The vast majority of the money comes from ship purchases. What said might be possible, but I really doubt many people would go through with it. People primarily buy SC ships because they show off these super-pretty high-detail models with fancy lighting, write a nice inspirational description and the target audience just can't help themselves and rushes to buy whatever they shit out, not because they're running a grand scheme to become the next goons.
Don't get your hopes up, the last stream they did, even Holla Forums got momentarily cautiously optimistic.

Can't wait for the prophet Chris Roberts to save gaming while announcing that the kikestarter backers gave him another hundred million!

but good thing they bought that automatic door and espresso machine along with a beachside mansion and a Ceo's cunt lively hood

Do you come into ever SC to defend it or what?

That's already happening, but it ain't autists at all, they don't care for video games and never intended to play any game.
But if you just got $200k of drug money you need to get rid of, the Star Citizen "grey market" subreddit is the perfect place to launder your money.
There is a reason why Star Citizen Subreddit are moderated by criminals.

What?

Pic related ?

>tfw lost all interest to book series when Garvie died

Is there anyway to check if that holds true?

Yeah, obviously there is just one person that has a different viewpoint to yours samefagging every single SC thread.

but you never know so better buy know, it s only 24$ for 20.000 UEC
since it come from the Central Core Bank reserve

either way

don t forget to check our subscription offer
robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/subscriptions

don t worry its just cosmetic except for the monthly REC but thats only for arena commander, the arena-pvp module
and it will give you access to something probably worst than tumbler:

so yea don t mind the sub thing, it s just a way to show how much of a cucked faggot you are. or make you into one if you didn t complet your coming out
>After 12 months of subscription time, you’ll be eligible for a coupon good for a one-time use in the RSI store! Coupon does not apply to physical merchandise or subscription purchases
(come on, why should they give you physical thing for "free", buy more bits, more digital content!)

the more the game is push back, the more month they get to buy money. and the game is far from ready.

you mean that one ?
(dont tell me he made more)

Yes that one!

I don't want to know if he made more, I'm already horrified as is

Laundering money through virtual items in video games is a standard practice since Second Life.
It works especially well with Star Citizen, because:
1. the virtual items are at ridiculous price points making the transaction costs bearable (it's much harder to launder money with $0.50 to $5 items).
2. As Star Citizen itself is operated by criminals, they don't give a fuck where their money comes from. Want to drop $15,000 on a "completionist package"? They won't ask questions.

3. All dealings can be done conveniently over the RSI website, you don't even have to install any game client to move your overpriced items.

How would you get the money back out?

So what, do we finally have a release date? Or will we see this exact thread next year?

I'll archive it just in case.

I'm not a druglord so I don't know how it works exactly but it might be this way:
Amass a huge amount of super-expensive "rare" JPEGs with your drug money.
Sit on that huge pile of "rare JPEGs" for reasonable amount of time (maybe even years)
Slowly sell them off in small doses to random gamers.
You can even operate 50-80 % loss and still end up with more than enough legal money.

They are probably selling accounts with shit bought on it.That's how it usually works in MMO.

It's easier in Star Citizen, because you can transfer all items freely between accounts via the website.

Did Roberts outjew the Jews?

that s pretty much it.
you buy expensive jpeg with dirty money

then sell thoses jpeg to other guys in reddit at a reduce price

and you end up with less money than what you had: but clean money.

usually they do this with Real property but it can work anywhere.
Just try to stay a minimum discrete. (like not making picture of your pile of 500€ baknote on facebook)

this is a dubs thread I see.

You mean cut there resources by getting the people who buy plex for the alliance?

Because that's what Eve is now, having corp mates have an alt sit in Jita and sell a Plex.

What's 15 dollars when you can save your whole corp dood?

That's just what I've been looking for

well that s exactly freelancer 2.0
his wish are the same as back then
and just like back them : it will never be release as a finished product and stay in dev for years .

Tell me an0n, what number am I thinking of right now?

You know what the best thing about this is?

Image SC delivers and become a hit. And all these furries will now have a big target pained on their heads, for all other players to bully.

Fursection in virtual space.
Removal of Deer on a galactic scale.
The salt and tears would be beyond compare.

It's a shame it'll suck. All I wanted is a cozy coop game to play late at night.