So this should be an actual console that has high settings and 60 FPS right...

So this should be an actual console that has high settings and 60 FPS right? Isn't that what people complain about consoles not having? I already have a PS4, but I think this would be a good buy for those who don't. It's only $100 more.

Right now it looks like they care more about 4K at 30fps.

But it doesn't even do that. Devs are lazy.

That's my worry also, but for 1080p screens they have to fix framerate

right?

You can return your ps4 back and 5 ps4 games then pay 200dollars to get a ps4pro.

But PS4 doesn't have 5 games.

4K*

*Upscalled from 1440P

It's 50 more, PS4 slim with a 1TB HD costs 350, PS4P with a 1TB HD 399.
Depends on the game. Some like Tomb Raider and Last Of Us Remastered will give you options so you can choose between framerate or better graphics.

Yeah I think 4K is useless unless it's like VR.

Elaborate.

If console manufacturers actually enforced some standards, like 1080p and 60fps minimum, then I might be persuaded to buy one. But these fucking jokes are not worth a thought, much less a purchase. A fucking upgrade mid-generation that still can't meet basic 1080p 60fps and it wants to do VR? Give me a fucking break.

the primary advantage of consoles is the catered developer approach. Devs can make their best games possible with a single spec to focus on, resulting in the least bugs, the most content, and the most polished game play and best design. This isn't necessarily the case, but because of this you get fuller experimentation, more consistent game play systems, and better developer support for the most part.

Consoles still have this.

What a crock of shit.

Consoles have lost all appeal to me. I'm not a poorfag but i'm not such a good goy to pay so much money for the three exclusives PS4 has to offer over a PC.

Just one look at the releases within the last year show what a filthy liar you are.

you don't seem to understand. something like bloodborne or better yet, demon's souls could never exist on PC. Too ambitious, too big, it needed support from a major company, funding, tech support, etc.

The lack of this first party on the PC is often cited as a benefit as you don't have to pay royalties (royalties for playstation are something like $500 for a license, so I don't know why this point ever gets thrown around)) but without the benefits the license buys you into, you're left in the dark for a lot of issues. If you've ever seen console tech support it's amazingly comprehensive for devs. Documentation out the ass, they will literally send people to your studio to figure out technical issues to get your game running. This is how Sony got their lead with the PS1. Everyone else told devs to figure it out, and Nintendo even went as far as to conceal crucial elements of the system.

PC has no first party. It's not a gaming system, it's a PC. But it does have manufacturers for hardware. There's Nvidia, AMD, Intel, etc. support boards for people who write software that runs on their PC hardware. They are forums. That's all you get. If your game is a big enough deal the manufacturers provide dedicated driver support, but for the most part it's not.

There's a reason why Uncharted 4 is the best looking game to date. It's because of that environment, single spec, high tier support, tons of money, tons of people, and the time to make it happen. Despite the PS4 having a literal laptop APU inside of it, it's home to a better looking game than any PC because no dev has the time or money or interest in making a game that impressive for the PC because that audience isn't there, and the support isn't there.

This really isn't hard stuff to figure out.

I feel like most games have console patches first unless it's a game like Overwatch.

I agree it's shit

How long do PC parts last until an upgrade is needed. Kind of depends on the person. Consoles can last a long time. Same with PCs though if you don't care too much about specs.

I agree that there are advantages and disadvantages, but I don't think anyone can claim one is 100% better in every way.

Here's your (you).

Now you're just baiting.

1080p screens are only gonna get downsampling. Raising the internal resolution breaks less shit than raising the framerate.

this is how delusional reddit mustard race reacts to a reasoned, clear, and logical argument. Don't be one of these people

The point is that one of the main arguments for consoles was that you could just flip in the disk and play instead of lenghty install and patch processes like PC.
Or that a console could last you years unlike spending 200 bucks for a new graphics card or RAM like on PC.

Correct me if i'm wrong but these two arguments don't seem to apply anymore.

user you don't have to go full-on tryhard, we all know what's up.

Yes, those are called publishers.

Oh you were baiting. Nevermind then.

not everything you disagree with (or maybe in this case, don't understand?) is bait. Please try refuting any of the arguments, I'm open to being proven wrong, I like to have the opportunity to grow.

Where did this cuckchan scum come from?
It wasnt like this a week ago

Well if you're not trolling then you're pants on the head retarded. My condolences about your single digit IQ. Now do us all a favor and kill yourself.

The point is that one of the main arguments for consoles was that you could just flip in the disk and play instead of lenghty install and patch processes like PC.

That's still the case. There are install times now, but I wouldn't call them lengthy. Patches are downloaded and installed overnight also. Everything is also done automatically. Consoles are still plug in and play devices.

There's almost no reason to upgrade unless you want better graphics, but the original PS4 is fine. I think the vast majority of PS4 owners don't care about the new hardware.

so you can't refute an argument from a retard. Must mean you're even dumber than I am.

To put things in perspective, your argument is that "earth is flat" and that I "have to refute it". No I don't have to, just pointing out your mental disability is sufficient action in this situation.

Bloodborne is an example of a game where Sony literally paid to have a system seller.

You have an argument that it wouldn't exist without Sony. You don't have an argument that this validates buying a console.

The same arguments apply to the PC.
That's the goddamn Point

not like it's coming to PC any time soon.

not the case, but if it makes you happy I'll say I agree so you can shut up now.

Point I was trying to make is it depends on the person.

Holla Forums was always pleb user.

So you're saying that there are people so lazy and retarded that flipping in a disk and clicking "next" a few times is too difficult task, and those are the people buy consoles?

You don't seem to understand. Burden of proof is on accuser. Especially if one claims such preposterously false things.

Hard to blame it for being such a plebfest when nearly half of it are literal consolebabbies.

Indeed my friend, indeed

So what?

nah, do your own research. I don't care about proving anything to some dumb faggot

Textbook case.

This deserved more (You)s for excellence in the field of high effort baiting.

This is all true and some of the most cancerous shit to hitthis board, but it wasnt nearly this bad
We've got niggers defending Metal Gear Survive after what Konami did for fucks sake.

Half are idorts user

I'll bait
wew, I guess the PC Souls games don't exist anymore. Or are you going to say they're all worse than your Sony exclusive ones, despite them all just being mediocre to above average ARPGs?
pfffffffffff
You realize that the reason for this is because the user can't fucking fix a closed system like a console themselves. Yeah, there's little official support on PC, but the openness of the platform allows for a plethora of options in how you customize your game based on your builds and for users to support each other. Consoles having better tech support isn't an added "benefit" of the license, it's a fucking necessity because users have no other options if their game/console fucks up. And most of the time the fix is getting a new console.
Either elaborate bait or incredibly delusional.

Just use five copies of Knack.

To be fair, he's saying they wouldn't exist in the first place without consoles. As in, From would have never had the ambition and money to make Demon's Souls strictly for PC.

I still cant believe its getting a sequel, fucking hell, people were that starved for games

So hes saying games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Crysis, SupCom are not real?

Also every RTS in existence.

Stalker is shit and Crysis' 1 million sales was lauded as impressive for PC. Is it any wonder they went to consoles for 2 and 3?

Check out this Gopnik, did you play it on normal and couldnt get paat the second Pseudogiant or something?
Sold 3 million
Yeah, and they sold shittier games that sold even less, that sure showed those pesky pirates and mustards.

How many halfchan exoduses have their been now? This place is just gradually getting worse.

Too many, I didnt even come here from that shithole.

TR is just the xbone version running at "Above 45FPS". TLOU is locked at 30FPS in 4K and 60FPS is only available in 1440P upscaled

Only expect some indies, remasters and mobile ports in true 4K on PS4 pro. Jonathan Blow already said they can only go 1440P for the Pro version of the Witness, even.

For those "above 30 yet not reaching 60" games you can play them in the virtual cinema with PSVR. Won't raise the framerate or res, but at least you can get rid of judder this way.
Doubt it. Will probably be 1080p with better AA or checkerboard 4k instead of native 4k.

The level of salt you caused user with the replies to this post is a joy to see. Interseting part about Sony being extremely supportive and helping with game development. I knew they had a good hand in it but not to the level that they would send their own developers around to studios to help them out, no wonder the PS1 was so attractive to program for.

The funny thing is that consoles and PCs have exchanged roles now. PC games used to run on potatos (including standard-issue office laptops) and supported even Atari-Pong-tier monochrome graphics until the 1990s (they had to build multiple graphics drivers into each game and redo most of the artwork for each GPU model).
While OTOH consoles were heavily subsidized overpowered boxes on release and got even further upgraded through cartridges down the road.
Now we see highly-optimized builds on low-end PC-tier consoles and on PC stuff that stutters on the last GPU gen for no reasons.

I remember playing Prince of Persia (1989) on a completely outdated Schneider EuroPC with an amber monitor, which had tech from 1981 in it and it ran perfectly fine from floppy disk.

stop making 8 ps4 pro threads a day.
thanks

Sup Viral Marketeer. Keep trying, but nobody here's buying.

I wish that were true.

I plan to buy a PS3 SuperSlim.
But PS4? Well I will settle on the "last definitive edition", which actually has games.

Good luck with that. After all this time I don't think it will ever pick up steam.

I'll get a PS4 when hacking groups make CFW for it that can be easily loaded without too much trouble. Incidentally, I have no idea whether or not some CFW exists for PS4. I may just go read about it.

True, Steam is on PC.

Maybe at a silky smooth 10 frames per second.

You think you're cute, don't you punk?

sony shill force is out tonight in force, hm

forgot my sage

I got a PS4 a few months after launch, so I think it's lame that they're putting out a better one already.

Still, from what I've read, the big point of the PS4 Pro is the 4K support, which I don't care about because I like my TV and I don't want to buy a new one just for that.

I'll probably do that when 8K comes out in four years, at which point my TV will be 10 years old and the jump in tech will be large enough to justify the purchase.

Overall, it's been cool to be able to get higher definition versions of games I never played in the PS2/3 eras, but I'm disappointed that the number of actually new games has been so low.

that's really obvious samefagging, kid

How do they do the math on that one?
4 games at release date are already $200 in value.