SHMUP General: GODDAMN IM REALLY LOVING ALL THIS DLC

CAVE DLC (Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu, Deathsmiles, Ketsui) and Eighting DLC (Battle Garegga, Dimahoo, Soukyugurentai) confirmed for DBCS

This time they're being worked at by G.Rev doing contract work as usual, so maybe we'll see some custom bosses and stages this time around.
You can see some WIP footage of the DDP DLC at twitch.tv/otakumode/v/89752517 around 03:11:00

More news:
SEGA acquired Technosoft's game rights (Thunder Force, Hyper Duel, Blast Wind)
segabits.com/blog/2016/09/17/sega-announces-acquisition-of-technosofts-ips/
Maybe we'll see some 3D re-releases on the 3DS or a new Thunder Force game?

Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Steam ver. set for release on October 14th
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/
Maybe they'll get the slowdown right this time around. It probably won't go on sale during autumn.

Battle Garegga port to PS4 by M2 on December 15th
youtube.com/watch?v=ptU7vSiCVek
This new port includes additional info on the sides of the screen so you can actually see your rank, upcoming drops, secret formations, boss timer, and probably more Saturn options. Also comes with adjustable input lag, a new updated soundtrack by Namiki-san himself and a premium edition which contains the Garegga soundtrack, a superplay CD, a real-life full-value medal, a manual, and unfortunately a download code to the game. M2 is polling right now on Twitter whether people want an actual physical disc for the game.

Post shmup tunes, shmup ships, shmup replays, shmup games, shmup art, shmup discussions, shmup 1ccs, shmup questions, shmup girls, shmup sales, shmup strategies, shmup shmups, shmup

shmups are dead

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/hor11/status/775990647375310849
ipfs.io/ipfs/QmcHQHyvoY6yVSgbyhU9JbS9GN6fzMM9fRu68735vmbLAD/Desktop 09.17.2016 - 17.39.00.12.mp4
nin-nin-game.com/en/ps4-new-games/20390-battle-garegga-rev2016-premium-edition-ps4--4589664270012.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shmup?
More like

shut up

Same thing with Armed Police Batrider, those guys need to cool it with all of the debris, especially with how small the bullets are. At least it has a sweet techno soundtrack.

What's this?

have any of you played cotton boomerang?
emulatorfags don't reply

Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours
R-Type Final, except you shoot fish in space

Reply.

enjoy your broken music and broken graphics

only cuz you don't know how it really looks, sounds and plays

Why don't you try it yourself if you want to be this naive.

I have, you may be the one being naive if you haven't played it on original hardware

Man, shmups really are d-

Oh boy oh boy
AWWWW SHIT YEAH
Yeah, they're dead.

Who are you trying to convince, me or yourself?

You had one fucking job

Why is 'death' desu instead of defu in Jap anyways? Maybe defu is too close to defuku?

tried it with the latest mednafen right now, has many issues with sound, performance, and interlacing artifacts. Performance likely relative to my machine or the state of the emulator, although I'm skeptical.

Have you played the game as its intended? It's far better on the actual hardware.

Whoops, sumimasen desu
twitter.com/hor11/status/775990647375310849
The poll is closed anyways, apparently the first option opted for a physical disc version which netted 64% of the votes while the rest of the options were varying degrees of want
Google Translate isn't particularly helpful

It doesn't look like he's using Mednafen

I am and I'm not having any issues. I would upload video if I knew a place that would host 500MB videos without registration, vola file is too slow it had an ETA of 2 hours.

then compress it? I'm not convinced you know how the game ran on original hardware, because mednafen results are trash.

That's not how video works, it's already encoded in h.264.

are you recording the entire game at 4k or something, if you can't manage to make a sample webm at native resolution then I have to wonder what you're doing

I don't understand why you have such a poor attitude.

ipfs.io/ipfs/QmcHQHyvoY6yVSgbyhU9JbS9GN6fzMM9fRu68735vmbLAD/Desktop 09.17.2016 - 17.39.00.12.mp4

you didn't even grab on the white giant's weapons or limbs or shoot the tea, that was some weak stuff

playing on an emulator is far worse compared to playing it on a saturn.and crt.

Oh no, my reputation for demo footage is ruined.

Please elaborate, what in particular is different in my version. That's the whole reason I'm even you, you're so unlikable that I wouldn't even interact with you otherwise. You said there were performance, audio, and visual problems but I don't see any compared to the footage I've seen of actual hardware. It looks and sounds the same to me.

Thanks friend. I hope it gets a physical release because this shit is pretty expensive for something that doesn't include a game disc;

nin-nin-game.com/en/ps4-new-games/20390-battle-garegga-rev2016-premium-edition-ps4--4589664270012.html

apart from interlacing artifacts, nothing is particularly wrong from your recording. Just makes the case for playing the game on a crt.

I'm sorry for my remarks, I've been ill and I have a headache. That game seems neat and I want to learn how to play it. I'd play on a CRT if I had a nice one, maybe I will acquire or assemble one in the future.

It's very fun. Don't underestimate the grab mechanic (almost everything can be grabbed, including danmaku! Experiment with that) and each level has their own unique mechanics. Also pay attention to where the weak points are being highlighted on bosses, you were wasting a lot of shots on the white giant. Also sometimes all you need is a single grab to take out an entire screen of enemies.

cotton boomerang is a shmup where shooting is practically optional much of the time. also something I noticed is some of the menu sound effects seemed off. I'm not convinced sound is being emulated correctly.

I wish there was a real game with such aesthetic.

I'm guessing they aren't gonna bother fixing the inaccurate slowdown in deathsmiles. is their source that broken that they can't or are they just lazy?

I'm sure the only thing left on CAVE's mind is the crank out as many PC ports as they can of their entire library in order to earn what little they can to stay alive.

>>>/1cc/

Holla Forums doesn't care about arcade vidya like STG.

I recently picked up Raiden IV on PC, brings back a lot of memories.

I'm actually sitting on a lot of PC shumps that I don't make time for.

BOMBAAAAAAAaaaa

brand new (for viewing only, not download) meme I just created ps cave a shit