Project: Gorgon thread Creepy Alchemist event edition

It's an MMO without a class system, using skills for everything imaginable under the sun instead. Currently free and in alpha, fully funded on kickstarter, it will be later placed on steam with backers of the kickstarter getting their keys sent to them when the time comes.
projectgorgon.com/wiki/Main_Page
projectgorgon.com/

(if any of you are having problems logging in to the forums use the username you'd use to enter the game normally, opposed to what you set last year or so.)

PG is based in an area known as the council lands, a land governed by a cabal of mages of a questionable moral compass, currently under a state of crises due to resources being stretched thin, such as a Demon invasion in one direction, subversion by a race of Hilary clintons and a dickass Necromancer by the name of Dalvos, an ex-member of the cabal who isn't quite happy with them for a number of reasons.

- Traditionalist/Nationalist Humans
- Degenerate Elves
- Reformed muderhobo Rakshasa, though without reverse palms, and are still slave keepers
More to come are Orcs, Dwarves, and the kind of fey you can never trust. Yes, you will soon be able to play as murderous Fairies.

The secrets of undeath are yours, either by dying in so many unique ways possible you hit level 20 at dying and get a bonus level in necromancy, or by stealing it from a lich's crypt-after going through a gauntlet of rape, then finally the lich herself- oh wait, there's another rape tunnel of explosive sheep, invincible snails, psychic mantises, flaming spiders, skeleton rape, and lastly the lich's *true* form, guarded by a giant flaming rhino that juggles you across the map immune to fire magic, and the endless spawning of the lich's loli lich daughter.

Oh right, her daughter, Ursulas curse? It's something you'll treasure. Trust me.

Guilds are in, and are available for cheap creation (this won't last) in Serbule at the following board for 10,000 Councils, I don't actually know if anyone got around to making it yet, because there was an user who stated it was 'Agitated bones' despite the fact that was only on the list of suggested guild names on the Google doc, and because we've been away from PG for so long not everyone is playing again so not even I know if we actually did make our guild.

All our player names are in:
docs.google.com/document/d/10M9293VULyIxOa58EWJA-gBwjAsu2RYV5-JS_RVIvkQ/edit .

Guild issues aside, type “/join -infinity” for our chatroom, use /help for other commands that every casual fag doesn't know how to use BECAUSE THEY DON'T READ.

Perform autopsies on corpses to learn anatomy which benefits skinning for hides and pelts and butchering, for meat and bones used in necromancy, cooking, and more. Chickens giving dinosaur anatomy XP, NPCs actually being able to become friends and eventually soul mates with you for better commerce prospects, quests and dialogue options as well as NPCs having exploitable secrets (like a giant talking mushrooms cranium powder addiction)

Get to Level 10 in Unarmed, Sword, And Psychology before leaving the new tutorial island, having made sure to learn whatever else is on offer on the island. I'd tell you more, but the core of the game is exploration, and trust me, you'll be doing a lot of it to get what you need to suit your play style, when in doubt, ask. Armor in the game is ranked by light green, light blue, dull purple, light purple and lastly yellow. Aim for dull purple and above.

Animals and Druids are degenerates, and you should never trust them. Kill deer, lycans and cows on sight. Consume not of animal juice or you will be danmed from the light of the gods and decent NPC interaction barring a few nutjobs and magically inclined individuals.
- Fear the Bats for they will get bonus levels in vampirism when it is implemented.
- Genuflect before Pigs for their myconic might and hyper pork speed .
- And give silent Prayer to Akhisa, Goddess of Spiders and Patience, for her young hold the most minions controllable Spider/Necro build and sweet ass spider handshakes, textile creation, and the ability to glamor themselves to walk amongst two leggers.

Game also includes Goblin on fairy rape, A bath full of ELF STDs, Elf Orgies, A crazy mushroom elf, Sexed up milk horny sentient cows, and mantises with fedoras.

A while back during the KS, an user made a large donation and we were allegedly getting some sort of base of operations, below is the doc for brainstorming for said project.
docs.google.com/document/d/1Dpg1-TZ8ke_xutV5CNuZtXSOPcdlpAOtO4GJsagZJ-U

Further posts will detail new things for older players on Holla Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

projectgorgon.com/wiki/GorgonEye
projectgorgon.com/wiki/Game_updates/2016-06-19
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Necro City never ever

Other stuff-

Additionally, Goblinese is easier to level as south serbule has it's own goblin infestation ready to tackle for card farming, and a goblin hunting quest, so it's even more productive a trip.

Food is more important than ever, so make sure to get recipes, hang out with Food vendors, and level cheesemaking.

Currently on today:
Alchemist event
See that faggot in he last picture? He's giving away super jump potions that let you jump with no fall damage. See what you can break with that shit in place.

Oh yeah, Animals get Armour now, if you didn't notice the Viking Pig, it's craftable and customizable I think. Werewolves can get a black wolf skin or a white wolf skin, and druids can become ducks and owls amongst other things now.

The game now has work orders, which are play based or game based where supply-and demand are met, simply gather the matierals required, head to the docks and drop off the goods for a good wage, and continue until this skill in industry grants you the ability to learn retail management, so you can host a store in the Serbule marketplace and make mad $$$

Lastly, there will be a partial item and cash wipe when We move out of Alpha, so level those crafting skills so you've got an edge when the steamfag secondaries roll in.

FAIRIES FUCKING WHEN?

After thousands of years of inexplicable torture user.

At least by canon anyway.

Ok reinstalling, whats the new Holla Forums guild?

Like I said, I don't know.

well are we gonna make a new one?

Oh shit, I forgot to mention:

Go to C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\ProjectGorgon\WindowsPlayer

To play Project Gorgon without having to wait for an update

I'd rather it be Yiffkitty to do the honors, or at least someone above my current standing ingame I'm the second emails guy, so uh, yeah, not in my best interest to look like a leader.

oh yeah I remember him
didnt our original guild creator stop playing though pretty early into the alpha/beta

No idea, I got banned way before things started picking up more, sometime after the brain bug cave release.

I'd rather just wait around for things to get back to the way they were before we bother with a guild outright, due to like only 2 people who i've seen so far playing in the -infinity chat.

well then I'll join to grind up some skills and shit

Name? Make sure to update your google doc I'll debrief you here on anything you need to know.

i'm already on it
Salazan

BIBDUPTREF

Saved.

bump

Fuck you, I stopped playing after everyone else did. I recently got back on and became a bat and saw all the new things though. Pretty neat.

I don't really see a point to making a new guild while we have the old one still up. Also anyone who wants to be leader can have it, I don't play frequently enough that it matters, even though it's not like the guild leader needs to be active since I gave all the most active players the permissions to do whatever with the guild settings anyway. I'll probably hop on later tonight and level some bat skills.

Oh I was thinking of Goldtooth.
We'll never get our lich city ;-;

Since when Skeletons fly?

I went back into it a few months ago, but stopped once more, so I do have a few questions:

Necro damage builds: The equips I have are chance boosts to do high damage with skills (life break, spark of death, etc.) how viable is that now since I heard that Necro got nerfed (at least from what I hear.)

Fire spells: How viable is this skill? My friend uses the fire spells alot but he has major trouble dealing damage, especially with how much power is consumes.

Has loot been better overall? Or has it remain unchanged?

Didn't know there was a guild

Played this a month or so ago, I got sword level 30 and stopped because I didn't understand how to progress my character further

Probably the coolest RPG I've played lately though. For a WoW baby like me the starting island blew my mind

I had that happen on the first time we had threads for the game. sadly you cannot spawn her and it's just a bug

So wait, It's agitated bones then?

They nerfed lfie drain to 10 second recharge, I'm not sure of what else. if any.

Fire spells are the shit.

Good shit.

Don't suppose any of you had goldtooth's city concept art saved from that thread did you?

I recent news, some stupid asshole gave himself Leprosy.

I'm so sorry.

Had fun tonight good night everyone!

Arkaine, if you're still around for tomorrow I'd like to do myconian cave runs with you after I unload some of my inventory I'm always stacked with crap, and I need a bodyguard in Kur.

still don't know what that was about but I miss it already

+ 100 or 200 to Power bar.

yeah, but it just showed up when I started playing again
can't find why it was added to me or what caused it

Elven Depression is some serious shit.

Whilst I do like a good dancing/ instrumental party in the Serbule town square for it’s given benefits, I couldn't help but notice that the stage in Serbule is pretty much an old Western's level of dusty, complete with mandatory imaginary tumbleweed, and I realized it's because there's actually nothing that draws players to play there despite the presence of food, cooking, drink and rest as featured in an inn, and I realized that there needs to be some kind of option for players with instruments to actually play on that stage as performers. So I thought it would be a nice idea to place an NPC who either through sufficient favour/notoriety level or by players paying him/her allows Players to whilst online or offline play on the Serbule Inn Stage for a designated number of hours or even minutes with an instrument they have in hand, or with interpretive dance.
The idea would be able to have a current stand-in for the workings of Bards in the inns similar to the one present at South Serbule so that interpretive dance users will be able to perform without direct player involvement, yet still involve players because it’s the players who are on stage (dummy NPCs act in their likeness for the ones that have logged off yet arranged with said Stage performer NPC to perform for a number of hours) and In addition, make the Serbule Inn a more immersive place, which will clearly be made to shine as an when it is made possible to use the seating at the inn.
In effect, we have a new expanse of hang-out options for players that offers the same functionality that players who have been going AFK whilst using instruments have been doing, immersion and reinforcing the use of the bar as a social hotspot (players respawn there so that’s already a plus).
What’s more beneficial is what can be built upon from this system, because for other bars and establishments set across the Council Lands, there can also be placements made for players who wish to perform at a tavern/inn’s stage, who speak to the according NPC (inn owner?) to play at the bar, and in addition the performance appreciation gained from playing on the stage, one can further implement this with whatever plans for bardic playstyles one has in the future.
Another benefit of this is that theoretically, one could provide unique music tracks for performances that would take more time to do and split up between individual instruments that come together in player performances, and market this as unique benefit of stage performing so you wouldn’t have to record or do individual OST tunes between instruments because players selected a song to play with instruments they met the criteria for, and all that’s left is for the players to go AFK whilst logged on to wait for the performance to run its course or AFK when logged out where the performance was scheduled.
Based on player popularity, notoriety, skill with instrument in question and whether or not the performer or performers are in the same guild is what decides the prioritization of who appears on stage at what times in the game, or whether or not they paid for their slots but for simplicities sakes, it would be best to have an NPC that asks or requests players to perform and players will fill his requirements, and will be set AFK whilst active or non-active, depending on the duration the NPC wants the performance to go on for. It’s a similar system to work requests, but more “hang out” option orientated.
But in its basic stage, Players to to an NPC that lets them perform on stage online or offline for a duration and a dummy NPC for the players is put in the Pc’s place if they’re doing this whilst offline so the player is still ingame in a sense, and playing their respective instrument.
Lastly, in regards to bards performing as a profession (not a combat or support class) in general, I Highly recommend a system that is like how the performance skill in the game “Elona” (Now unofficially continued in a translated mod of this free game called Elona+) where a bard will perform for a duration surrounded by NPCs and depending on their skill, the music playing, time of day when playing, the bard will earn coins and items tossed their way, though this is not all a beneficial process as NPCs will also throw refuse or even rocks at the performer if they do not like them enough, resulting in rather amusing deaths.

Made this suggestion, feel free to add to it if it goes through, srand said it was good.

let people set up offline barding for a set duration increased by skill level
let them customize a song and make unique buffs, buffs improve and song length increases as skill level increases
gathering in one area and playing gives concert bonuses to the bards (cash received multiplier or other bonuses) when they come online and decent buffs to players who show up and listen
if you give chump change to one of the bards, you get their unique buffs, this adds up if that bard is good, costs increase as song capability increases meaning toplevel bards can't afk in lowlevel areas and get infinite dollars for powerboosting players out of the crypt, it'd be too expensive for the low players chilling in serbule even if they make the song 4 notes long
make sure the pitches and tunes have interactions with each-other and that you can replicate a number of real life songs for fun and profit, possibly with unique buffs under spoofed names (main chord of Old MacDonald, CFCCGC, buffs cows and pigs offenses for a bit under the name 'Old MacDanny' and adds animal noises at random intervals, for an example)
add buffs to eating at tables and/or while listening to certain songs
and there you have it, plenty of incentive for nice venues in towns

why is that buttplug laughing?

Old cave is so empty now

;_;
RIP

What's everyone up to?

hey fam, i got some suggestions for you to make just because you are a better writer, something like a cartography skill that lets you make maps of different areas and the higher the skill the more details it has, and that if they ever add the undead skill to make it that the higher level you are the more your skin starts to fall off until you turn into a skeleton, and maybe have the lich skill only be possible to get if you get to level 50 in undead? suggest those if you like the ideas

Can I be an adventurer mage in this game?

Punching spooks while covering myself in moldy leaves armor

yeah fam you can be pretty much what you want, im a boxer psychologist

Fuckin radical dude.

are you going for unarmed? i got some shit from the crypt, also get started with meditation, it'll help you a lot

i forgot, join /-infinity if you arent already there

I've only been playing an hour or two but yeah I've enjoyed punching everything so far

Will join soon as figure this shit out, seems fun so far

i forgot about that entirely. how's the situation?

isn't the game's lore written by players at the in game library? or are my memories already fucking up?

it isnt, but there's a library where players can leave their books, you need caligraphy skill to write them tho

i've been here since the first few threads but i'd be a very inactive leader and i don't want to

It's written in game by devs user.

Some stuff is only in blogposts though, some of it's on the wiki and the rest is in-game and un-documented.

Eight Hours later.

Level 50 spider now.

I need someone to carry my arachnid ass to Rahu so I can meet

=DANIEL MURDERDARK

should i stay and grind? it feels tedious to do so but i dont know if ill need this shit later

It's mainly for the permanent bonuses skills give to you over literally rushing out in the game to get your ass kicked by pigs because you didn't wear anything remotely enchanted or read what the NPC had to say or whatever, Kind of like the people who overlevel when they start a game till the grinding gets boring and they decide to progress and over-achieve.

Also because if you're planning on mentalist, then Psychology is pretty much a solid choice for support, and I think possibly part of a favoru requirement.

Stock up on repair kits from wolves because you need level 25 in Armour patching if you ever want to augment Armour pieces so they remain viable before you move on, or craft your own.

Project Horga'hn

one question while i wait for it to finish downloading, how best way to troll and pk?

Not many, as PVP only has a testing area with a lot of borken stuff, so unless you lure someone In, you won't get much lulz.

Except that time where I used grappling web to draw in an explosive Sigil to a noob who got blown to bits by it and the time I got a guy in pvp to walk on my web trap where i impregnated him and watched it burst out and kill him.

ok, ill experiment a little then try and create an interesting troll build once i know what im doing.

Downloading now.
What should I know in terms of character creation. Like, any memeshit that is too good to pass up, or too awful to condone?
Also, what server is Holla Forums on?
Necro/spider does appeal to me, but is there anything else worth doing?
Any pitfalls to avoid starting out?

Do Tutorial island with psych 10 unarmed 10 and sword 10 before leaving, head to Serbule, meet all the NPCs in town and get their favors/quests, explore the map, mark down pin markers for areas such as Borghild, Werbule Sewers, Flia's Location, Location of the South serbule portal, and other stuff.

After that you're occupied with earning favour in Serbule so you can sell things, or progress in skill acquirement to an ideal build, constantly using autopsy, skinning or butchering, and constantly killing wolves for Armour repair kits which you have to spam like a motherfucker to level armour patching, which goes to the learning of smithing at a much later stage.

LeatherWorking is a matter of skinning for pelts and buying tannin powder for it, and in all honesty you'll be doing that in Eltibule for kleave when you can visit south Serbule or Eltibule to kill off the animal population for skins effectively, and not before, so you can comprise by storing all the skins you get, so you can one day tan them all in an orgy of skinng, or just sell them in bulk with a vendor you've got decent standing with to sell to.

Archery contributes to the Hunting/skinning process greatly because anatomy knowlege on the creature you're fighting gives you bonuses to critical hits that only apply if you're hunting the creature in question with bow and arrow, don't get me wrong, you can skill kill animals any other way for meat/skins, it's just that archery for hunting has that much of an advantage.

Mentalism (Psionics basically) is taught by Echur in Serbule at an appropriate favour level, and you'll be frequenting between him, Azalak, Mushroom Jack, and that farming elf because you'll be leveling Alchemy, Mycology+Myconic (Which dips into Alchemy anyhow) and gardening for a number of reasons including

that name will never not amuse me

I mean Sword usage is revolved around Brujah Warrior Poet tier stuff, you'll be playing with the Skills, Sword, Shield, and Calligraphy, which will lead to you writing books you can stash in the Game's library, whether it be facts, fiction or a well-documented lore piece, or inscribe the items you've crafted or made your own so that when you sell them via your own store, gift, or sell to someone else, the item has it's own unique history behind it in a sense.

Calligraphy is also used to set up combos like meditation but for sword users, so basiclaly if you use certain attacks in certain ways, you'll do a combo and trigger an associated effect on your opponent or self, and this stacks up with your Armour mods also having combos they can grant you.

I should also tell you that traveling in this game is a massive pain in the ass unless you're using certain skill sets, or have bleeding speed potions the equipment to speed up player movement, Mounts are planned but they're not here yet, so it's important to possibly invest in something that isn't going to kill your ass bored because you spend more time running across the map than any other situation given. Shield has an ability that makes you run really fast, and that's a life saver in any case.

Also, Calligraphy will let you learn sigil scripting, which is making explosive runes, paper, and killer magical turrets and stuff, and then there's the Lore skill, which is aquired by reading ingame lore, or by crafting Words of power, which are what you think they are, say them in chat and they'll give you powers.

After you craft a WOP, you just save it in your ingame notepad for later, for a time when you need to say it.

WOP's can be used to get teleporations to places you'd rather not waste Amethysts on teleporting to, or for buffs, or just to fuck with players by giving one good and one bad in a chat then laughing your ass off as they kill themselves, end up teleported to the high-level rape zone map, or turn into an animal getting barred by most forms of human contact in the process. The Lore Skill also gives you permanent 1% buffs to the damage you deal in the form of elemental subtypes and association.

As Sword is obviously one of the most earliest skills, it's more complete and implemented than the likes of Necromancy which still has to have so much more added to it, and as a martial skill, there are plenty of NPCs with things to benefit it, sell items to, or whom grant teaching for abilities techiques etc….

In regards to builds:

Sword/Necro = Blackguard,
Swords are also one of the items you can find in drops that have the "enable necromatic abilities modifier" so it's a good way of freeing up space if you don't want it to be your amulet or offhand item.

You'll be using Death's Hold, Life Steal which can be further augmented by modifiers to give you extra life stolen and possibly Ursula's gloves, which can have a modifer to grant life steal the ability to sap from multiple mobs at once, keeping oneself alive for longer.

Then there's the pretty danm fast combat refresh of Life crush, which I don't suggest, but still, and there's Deaths gaze, something very useful in the case of removing the threat of getting gang-banged, or just getting a boss to trail off into an inescapable corner where they are then wailed on by you and your minions, which can either be the Skeleton swordsmen for their stuns or by Skeleton fire mages and given that Sword users with Calligraphy already get So powerful they can solo the likes of Kyrulek without a proper party, it's a given that the support/minion features of necromancy can benefit them as well. lastly we've got Lightnign bolt, which is basically "Smite fucking anyone" the move, and Gale of darkness, an AOE move that does massive damage, tends to be constantly in Necro sword modifers buffed and kills everything in sight.

So in effect, Sword/Necro is theoretically a pure offensive train of rape.

Necro:
Life Crush, Deaths hold, Life Steal, Deathgaze, Lightning bolt, Gale of Darkness and on offhand use, the use of Secret of the heat and Speen for 2 minute buffs that can mean all the difference in a boss fight (I don't have secret of the spleen) Secret of the heart buffs HP by 200 for 2 minutes hearts can be found via butchering or just farming them from corpses in the brain bug cave

Sword:
???? I know there's stuff for stunning and reducing rage on sword, I'm only level 24 in it and I didn't main it, but there are moves that cause enemy bleeding, which might fit in with the whole Blackguard thing, and moves that do extra damage to the undead to boot. so it's up to you and whatever stacks well with calligraphy when you use this sort of build.

Knife/Necro = Dickass Rogue Lich
Backstabbing, Poisoning, theft of life, Minions, shit son, I'm also fairly sure Knife mods consist of stealing life to boot, so you might never have trouble at all

Spider/Necro =Minionmaster,
use of skills on the Spider side of things will vary, and the baby spiders you make will be shit until you're basically level 49 in the fucking skill to use Incubate 3 unless you have sufficient mods to carry the baby spiders through, the largest issue of this build is it's preparation but it pays off when you have up to 5 minions Soloing Ursula, Kyrulek's first form (barring her FUCKING RHINOS) Tremor and Greta, and only requiring one party member for tidal to boot.

If everyone in a guild went Spider/Necro, they'd be unstoppable. Bosses getting Pulled left and right, Enemies stuck in webs, stuck thanks to stuns made by Skeleton swordsmen, or just incinerated by Skeleton Mages, and made useless by Fear gaze immobilizing them or use of the gripjaw attack to stun or more webs, and the usage of every fucking spider in the hunting group using premediated attack or stacking multiple legs to kill a boss faster than a tutorial island enemy after coming back a better player.

Mentalism/Necro =Psionic Lich
Fucking Pain bubble is the greatest thing ever, Psionics can be used for minion upkeep, or just for saving the more offensive skills necro has on offer for last, amongst many other things in question, like the use of ANOTHER lightning based attack to your abilities.

Necro/Animal Handling
A bit unorthodox, but animal handling is a skill that is always progressing and is a skill that will have much more diversity to t in time, and The sheer amount of abilities and pet customization will really be able to hold yourself on the battlefield.

If I had to say what the Downside is, you'd have to use up at least 5 slots of necromancy for Super Zombie, create Shambling corpse, Heal undead, Group heal undead and your Agitate skeleton abiltiy for full undead pet support, which may be migitated by the use of armour modifiers that actually favors heal undead over the group heal one, because it will actually end up healing your entire group for more HP with even less cost and refresh time, giving you the chance to have two free slots, one which can be used for lighting strike, so necro can at least affect living and undead enemies.

AH choice skills really depend on the animal you want to tame and how viable it is in battle

Necro/Bat
No idea, I've not looked into it, but U hear bats also get a life drain, so in theory, getting A yellow ranked necro/bat oriented Ursula glove set might make you literally suck people dry like how Kain does it in soul reaver.

This game looks really boring why are there threads about this shit and none about Revelation Online a future MMORPG that dont look like horseshit

Make a thread for it and don't shit up this one then. :^)

Here's something most people don't seem to have the experience to tell you: avoid fire magic like the plague. It looks great on paper, but the devs seem to have forgotten to add any decent gear for fire magic except a few pieces of ultra rare, endgame shit. It was a bad problem before, and it's gotten worse after a slew of completely unnecessary nerfs to the skill. This means fire magic ends up hitting like a wet tissue without that endgame gear. To give a concrete example of how shitty fire magic is, I do about 10-16 damage per hit with spells while my friend who went necro does 200-400. If you have any interest in fire magic, wait until you've already got the gear to back it up to bother with it. Just be aware that getting said gear is unlikely in the extreme.

Unfortunately this.

It was fun to level, but it really didn't hold up when I hit level 50 as I was relying on it as a way of deterrent to mobs.

If you are going to use it, pray you get gear that gives your fire attacks, knockbacks, using firewall, defensive burst explosive burst, and whatever else you feel is necessary to maintain the skill by:

Never use Dragons fire though, it's shit.

nice try shill

Actually, adding to this, I've noticed that for some reason, Fire Skeleton mages Do shitloads more damage than the Player ever does with the skill.

Whatever the fuck the skeleton mages are doing with their explosive bursts, I'd advise copying it.l

Cannibalism

- If players eat food containing meat from their own species, they will feel a little guilty for a while.
- Repeatedly eating your own species results in a -1% XP penalty for 10 minutes after eating it. The penalty gets more pronounced if you continue to eat your own, but it's always pretty negligible. (This isn’t meant to be a significant behavior deterrent, it's more for "world flavor": many players seem to expect something like this to be in the game, and who are we to disappoint?)
- Players that have been turned into an animal and remained in that form for at least three hours have begun to self-identify as animals and will feel guilty when eating meat from their current species. (But at that point they no longer feel guilty eating the meat of their former species… I guess they have very selective consciences.)
- In fact, currently this system is only really relevant to animal-form players, because there's lots of bacon and steaks in the game, but no human-meat dishes… yet.
- There is also a behavior badge, "Cannibal", which is earned by eating meat from your own species several times. This badge is lost after 30 days of not eating your own kind
- Also note that werewolves (in wolf form) are immune to the Cannibal badge or the feelings of guilt, because they're too monstrous for the concept of cannibalism to really faze them

Did now know this, hm.

Also, check this site out for build planning.

Will probably add to the OP in future.

projectgorgon.com/wiki/GorgonEye

that's not in yet right?

projectgorgon.com/wiki/Game_updates/2016-06-19

Apparently so.

How's the gameplay like?
Is the Holla Forums guild active?

I just wanted some bacon

He didn't event drop that, also, learn to butcher your fucking corpses.

Hey, what can you tell me about the knife skills? I wanna get into this for ice magic and throwing knives mainly.

Not much, still under testing, taught by two npcs, and has mad self-heal stuff attached to it.

Royal fucking shame you cna't knife/spider the posion/acid ddamged stacked with toxinflesh potions would rape.

kek
what skills should i focus on as a nub

sword, psychology, battle chemistry, knife fighting, unarmed are all pretty good for starting

is unarmed+psychology viable at all or should i focus on something else, also where should i go to fight/train near the 1st town

those are my main skills, and yeah they are really good, remember to meditate

holy
fuck
they are everywhere

are the devs spawning them again?

pls

the guild is pretty much dead and im considering making a new one if you niggers want, we are getting some players, i think we are at 6 or 7

gameplay is like combat from WoW or any shitty mmorpg but worse, thing is there's lots of crazy shit to do so it maintains you entertained

coming in fags

wut

gameplay is actually pretty ok but this is really a 'I've got a free hour, let's see what I can achieve today' game
dungeons are best done in real actual parties while you do most everything else solo or questing, and there's better versatility in paths and choices here compared to most mmos
things to do
not a gay one
along with the more interesting choices I've listed those I haven't there's your normal mages, swordan and knifan, along with normal crafting skills and a few particularly cool ones.

NPCS need to have a scaled Favour gain for monsters killed in their presence, because I find it a bit jarring that during druid events or just encounters in general NPCs don't give me the a bir more favour for taking out the likes of a KRAKEN or DROACH in front of them.

How do I make a Fremen in this game Holla Forums

a what

You don't read books, do you?

not if they don't have pictures

My graphics card keeps crashing now for some reason.

are you all fucking kidding me

help

how get psych exp?

does spider havbe pusspuss?

I don't know, but they keep killing me.

So, can I play a stealth ninja/rogue in this?

There's knifefighting.

Stealth though, I doubt it.

FUCKING SHIT, NO WONDER I DIE SO EASY, EVERYONE IN THE GAME HAS ANATOMY XP FOR SPIDERS.

THIS MEANS THAT GIANT BATS ARE IN-FACT, THE STRONGEST ANIMAL FORMS IN THE GAME BECAUSE NO ONE HAS XP ON THEM.

Looks like you got memed on friendo.

What all do you guys think would go well with the armor avoiding poison/bleed of a knife?

I know battle chem and archery add lots of extra DoT potentially, but what else would really fit in with it?

It's the little things you enjoy

Nice to know that a team of 5-7 can still handle most of the first gobbo dungeon.

FUCKING NIGGERS
YOU TOLD ME THIS SHIT WAS NORTHWEST AND I HAD TO JUMP ON THE NEXT ZONE

FUCK

Buttloads of fun was had.

Skeletal 9/11's.

So is Knife Fighting and Mentalism a decent combo? It's what I'm looking at so far. Insight/input welcome, still pretty damn new

seems like it'd be pretty decent for getting around armor, what with Knife DoTs and mentalism's… bypassing armor on some skills.

use your fists you fucking faggot
:^)

Alright, im thinking of making a new guild because the old one is full of faggots that will never play again and we will probably need an active leader when all the new guild features are added, start thinking names and we will vote which one stays!

So you must like fisting huh

I actually realy enjoy the unarmed combat so far, figured I'd try and follow a theme though so I switched to knife

Big Boner Brigade
Angry angry skellies
Tuba Troubadors
One Angry Skeleton
Khyrulek's Chosen
Ursula's Playhouse
Lolipalooza
Deericide

why don't you aussies type like you talk? that shit is my life essence

Trying to write an accent down is bad idea.

Beginnith the postings of cancer.

Our rampant presence on global was feared that day.

Back before we used a private chat or some shit.

Also last one is more recent cancer.

Well, here's the recent cancer.

AHAHABHABHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HOLY SHIT

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS UP

where do you get alchemy recipes from? Is there a trainer for it like cooking that I cannot find?

The first recipes are poison resistance cranium lotion, rotten strawberries and wait, FUCKING PICK ME UP JUICE WHICH YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE ON THE TUTORIAL ISLAND ALREADY

Oh right, fucking log in you goyim.

Calm down dude, I mean other recipes. Do they unlock or do they have to be learned?

Why are you sperging so fucking hard?

i miss the old pig model

seriously it's been ages and I'm still not getting myconic Xp.

Fun fact: Ursula's clones also drop her gloves, so if you want a guaranteed life drain multiple foes item, it's your best bet.

the fuck is going on there?

It looks like a spider fused with a 3 headed mushroom hydra and became queen of the spiders

Fucking tremor and Co stopped fighting and ended up completely docile for a while, and I jumped on his head, something that's allegedly possible.

bump

It's too bad we can't get many to play this for an extended period of time like when this was first brought up.

Also, weather witching when?

Soon, next to warding and whatever that brings to the table.

Also writing up that guide for Gridnign Mentalist/psychologist which I taught to shrooman and you guys.

Will write up a suggestion for the Undead skill as a replacement for Endurance post undeath.

downloading
gonna be a batbat

Nice! I need to, at some point, get the shit around for 50+ mentalism and hammer and get back to being tanky with good dps…

Bat psychologist.

Please be aware of the fact you have to ask another bat to turn you.

And that faggot has to Poz your neghole to do it for a hefty price, because they're all extorting for it.

what gives?

or is it reference to that constant BW/Batman visits to psychologist? I'm not much into comics

Halloween soon, too

I'm just saying things at the guy that said he wants to be a "batbat"

it was me ( )
Holla Forums access through proxy, that died shortly after that

I'm trying, but I just feel overwhelmed by legit everything
Combat, skills, npcs, enemies, fuck I feel like it'll be years before I get shit done, let alone find something I like to use
It's alot to take in

and again, different ID

seems like i'm gonna add /batbat to my posts

Gorgon is weird in that a piece of gear can change enough of how a skill works to make people change their mind on how fun the skill is.

As far as crafting skills and such, take your time and don't feel like you need to level up your gathering up alongside your combat.

If I'm on (hazmatbrigade) ask me questions and I'll try to answer em.

here goes (planned to be) batbat, that lasted less than 10 minutes and got 3 CTD with unresponsive viedodriver, regardless of DX mode.
regardless of that, auto turning camera is a most awful shit mechanic that can be implemented
good luck

Can ya tell me anything about minions?
The op teals of necromancy, and I've tamed a rat on the tutorial island
Is there more to it than that?

Is being an animal a good idea or a generally bad one, I have this pig potion?
I'm very tempted

Pigs are pretty tanky I've heard. Un-animal potions are semi rare, so you should hold off for the time being (in my opinion). Being an animal stops certain npcs from talking to you (and causes others to talk to you).

I'm not very into the animal taming but I know you start with rats and later can get cats (including big cats). Each type of rat /cat has different stats, and the two are pretty different in how they operate in battle.
Necromancy is a thing but requires lots of death and /or going through a fairly difficult Dungeon.
Battle chemistry has a programmable golem but it's one of the more expensive skills in the game.
Deer can tame other deer I believe, but deers are queers.

Last question then I'll get out of ya hair
Ya mention deer taming other deer, any idea on the max amount of minions?
Say I was a necromancer deer with a fascination with animal taming and a big ass golem, would that work?
I mean like I could do that, right?

How do I become a bugman?

You can only have two active combat skills at a time. You could go necro tamer, deer tamer, deer necro or tamer chemist or necro chemist (I don't think deer can hold the necessary beakers/flasks required for battle Chem, could be wrong). animal taming is one animal at a time, deer gets you two deer I believe, and necro gets… 3 minions at a time? I think the max you could get would be 5 minions at once then.

If i could I would totally be an insect man, but chances are fairly slim of that happening. Though there are npc psychic mantises with hats.

I'll take it
Now I have my sights set on something, maybe I can really enjoy it
Thanks alot mate

But you can be a spider man correct?

Yes, spiders are totally a thing you can be.

Necromancy is split between pure offensives, Minionmacy and a Balance of the two, between what compliments your secondary skill in use.

Here's everything you need to know about Necromancy in P:G

You need to have the skill itself and a piece of equipment or weaponry that enables it with -Enables Necromatic powers modifer.

All minions must be summoned via the sacrifice of femurs, found via butchering corpses or as drops from mobs, looted from graves and this must be performed in a static graveyard established in the game, (typically an actual graveyard or static collection of coffins in a location) Or A dynamic one, made by player headstones spawned on death x3 in close vicinity with the ability that lets you pop the undead out.

You have:
2 Skeletons of Choice,
Sword, (Stuns)
Archer, (stacks with anatomy bonuses against target)
Mage (EXPLOSIONS AND MASSIVE DAMAGE but uses fire magic so not all enemies will put up with their shit and as mages they die easy.)

A Jackass called Sir Arif in the Crypt where you get Necromancy from teaches you the art of free-summon Skeleton Archers, a skill useless till you learn phernology/

And lastly, you have a

1 Shambling Corpse/Super Zombie (Super Zombie is an augmentation of your shambling corpse, select a corpse to use this abiltiy on to buff your shamblign corpse at the cost of it degradign quicker.) Super Zombie abiltiy is taught by Azalak, the Mantis in Serbule, and trust me, you want this from him.

On to the abilities:
Deaths Hold
Zombie hands hold opponent, in this game stuns and things like this are the turning point of victory and pure munchkinnery. Most mods modify the damage this does, there's not much to say for it asides from it being best used with your secondary skill to cheese an opponent to death as you minions gank them.

Lightning (or whatever that skill is called)
Electricity bypasses Armour in this game, and subsequently this is the ONLY ability in the necromancy skill set fit for hurting anything undead. Is good for a single kill, and has modifiers that affect it's damage.

Life Steal
A wonder of the skill when you get an Armour piece that modifies this thing to take more health, and health from nearby mobs, meaning effectively perfect sustainability in long-hard bossfights. Stupid forum faggots have been trying to get this banned, see to it they receive the maximum amount of negative karma for this, because the piece of shit that brought it up is a tard who knows fuck all about dick, the fucking thing's cooldown time was already slowed down, don;t let this go any further than it has to, this ability is the only thing keeping you as a necromancer alive asides from heal on use mods for healing undead mods, and it opens in total fucking fun to be had with Knifefighting and bat skills which also get life drain and mods.

Life Crush.
A simple blast of darkness that is pretty powerful for a basic attack that you don't even learn as your first with the skill that has a decent combat refresh speed, not much to say.

Gaze of Death/Deathgaze
Frightens the opponent to flee, and merge this with a skele swordsmans stun, and deaths hold and you have a lot of free ganking time on a poor sap that feels this. Or an instant kill if you're lucky, this stacks well with Spiders own fear based attack, gripjaw, and webbing for juggling a tough opponent

Heal Undead (Bulk)
Rendered completely irrelevant by the fact that with the right mods, your normal heals single undead ability will actually heal your entire party for more than this, with an even better refresh time on the use of the ability because of the mods favoring it more over this.

Applies to allies in your group too.

Agitate undead
It's basically "quick rape this fucker" the skill and it makes damge stack +a number if it is used to make skeles really fuck someone up, with a full 3 minions out and the Super zombie it's the show stopper.

Works on allies, meaning a party of Necro Battle chemists, or Necrospiders yieldign the highest minion count will wreck any boss in due time and speed.

Secret of the Heart and Spleen
Consume a heart for + 200HP buss
Consume a Spleen for 200Power buff
Use this before a boss fight by equipping it, usign it than unequipping it, simple stuff.

(Higher levels of necro) and Npcs
In Rahu, there's a guy called Daniel MURDERDARK
Teaches you the 51-60 levels of Necromancy, loves bones, so practice butering a lot for femurs, rib cages, etc…

There's a goblin named Jumjab, loves equipment with necromancy requirements, which you will get from your loot lists, but moreso when you get belts that modify loot to suit your character.

Azalak sells such belts,
Belt of the Vile General = Necro/Archer
belt of the Necro/fire
belt of the ???? necro/???/ (forgot sorry)

Lastly, there is one belt that is just necro, but it's hard to get.
Level goblinese no matter what, or you won't be able to get the one that does Necromancy only sold by the goblin in Sun vale, and by that I mean i'm very dure you have to craft it by hand at a high level of toolcrafting, a really high requirement skill

Anything else?
JumJab teaches corpse talking which lets you talk to the dead found in washed up dead mounds which you can find in Serbule, and Eltibule. Said dead fucks give you XP and more the higher level you are in random skills, and this skill gives you bonus levels in necromancy at it's higher levels.

Nature Damage is the Bane of the undead, see to it you don't wear any items that give the shitty mod which makes your skeles die in 1 hit to this stuff.

Mushroom jack teaches you an alchemy recipie to remove nature damage at high favour, it's called the anti-myconian poiton but it really is just FUCK NATURE JUICE

Fire Magic has a greater purpose with undeath, so despite it's massive drawbacks, you may have to use it as the first magical skill you level, no matter how good Psionics are.

Lastly, as a necro a curse where a loli lich uses your head as rentable space to spawn from can prove beneficial.

The most Viable necro Builds as I rate them are:
Necro/Spider for soloing bosses and because 5-6 minions if you have Ursula's haunted Curse, and modifers for life steal to work on more than one opponent, negative including setup (Fucking spider incubation mechanics) and the negatives of being an animal (LIKE NEVER BEING ABLE TO MAKE CHEESE, WHICH IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT SKILLS TO LEVEL IN THE GAME IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RUN OUT OF POWER OR EVEN LEVEL GOURMAND AND THE LOSS OF ARMOUR PATCHING FOR ANIMAL INSTICTS WHICH I DO NOT HAVE YET.

Lastly, Spider is the most expensive of the animal forms to get in and out of, it is truly one of the most permanent morphs in the game:

Here's why

Spiders in short are independent as fuck and are for solidarity successful players who have made good bank, negatives being they can talk to even less NPCs, than say, pigs.

Necro/Mentalist
Psionic Liches, And the Psion guide I'm writing will illiterate why this is broken as fuck, you've got more than one electricity attack, healing, and pain bubble to think about now.

Necro/Fire (Once upon a time) if you do use this, do not think to use Fire magic as a means to hurt people, you want to use denfesive burst and any other skills you can get with armoru modifers that make the use of said abilitess push back your opponents, disablign them with deaths hold or deathgaze as your skeles gank them and you stay safe and comfy in a firewall.

Get two of Khyrulek's Galavanizer.

I don't know how Ice magic works, but it's allegedly very good for some reason or the other, and a lot better than Fire Magic, some consider it to be what you move on to after hitting level 50 as a Fire magic user, because Fire still won't hold up and will feel like your still level 30 or something.

Lastly, no matter what your level, Always fucking attend Druid Events where Droaches, which are Giant Angry Dragon Cockaroaches attack, killing all the of the server in less than a few minutes, leaving mass graveyards in their wake, but, at the prospect and blessing of sweet death, the Chance to drop leve l50-60 gear with items such as the Symbols of hate made manifest, a necromancy amulet with such absurd modifiers you'll drop items from your inventory just ot hold all the loot.

jarsi please contain your autism you will scare the newcomers

nah man let him speak

so much info is great

>Hey Jar

When you refer to the undead healing, is that in regards to the "Heal Undead" skill and the "Rebuild Undead" skill? The rebuild undead skill cools down a little too slow for my tastes.

There was a possibility of Sword/Necro, I might look into Hammer/Necro, but Hammer is power heavy.

There are two of them, one heals all your undead, one only does one.

The singular one is shorter to refresh and is more common to get mods which heal undead anyhow, rendering the other pointless.

And it still works with allies.

Additionally, if you do do sword necro, learn sigil scripting for it will be a boon to you in any necro build.

Also I don't think I mentioned Gale or Gust of Darkness an AOE attack that fucks everythign up and insta kills most enemies, because it gets so many damage modifers in sowrd users it's unfunny.

It's basically the ultimate offensive strike of necromancy, and is great if used with an AOE life steal.

I haven't seen much life steal mods, unfortunately. The rebuild undead has the longer cooldown, but technically it is also AOE like Provoke undead.

I just seem to get more use out of the heal undead because all of the bulk effects.

Just for you, Jarsi

Can you come up with a guide for fire magic in general, and what can one do to get the damage up? Because it seems like it's completely overshadowed by everything else.

Eh, already had those.

The Mycology glitch is when you hi tthat level, Myconic mysteriously stops, please see if you get any of the messages post this moment and have like a full stack of parasols before reporting it in on the bug page.

It's dependent on how you use Fire Magic.

But here's how I used my setup

Coupled with necromancy's minions, enemies are almost always kept away from you, unable to damage you at all because minions will prevent them from proceeding

Mixed with Gaze of death, and Death's hold, opponents will have hard hard time killing you.

Your greatest issue is power maintenance, so you need to level cooking and Cheesemaking for those extra points in power and metabolism.

Combat refreshes will be your lifeblood as well as any other form of regeneration at hand.

Your other Options are battle chemist for walking the path of explosions, which is probably more viable, or staff, for stuns, and aggro control I guess.

Fire magic is however most effective in necromancy with Skeleton mages, just because of the absurd damage output skeletons have in missile attacks and their explosive bursts.

Alternative to combat refreshs are items that lower fire magic costs, such as the galavanizer, and Fire orbs.

Ursula's gloves usually have the modifier, and Makoba's pants and Goblin first wraps will probably get you what you want.

Also, if someone can craft me an increase inventory word of power, that would be thankful as I just logged back in for the Inv space event over and I'm bogged down with stuff.

I was showing that I have 50 mycology and am still getting myconic exp.

Seriously?

It must be me then.

Oh thank god i got the message again.

It seems to only level up the most in the sewrers though. with mushrooms and the greeen particles

Yeah, that's where I farmed it up last year

Well I tried this today, got sword/unarmed/psycho to 10 before leaving the island.

Sword was killing everything mach speed while unarmed damage was in single digits. Unarmed sucked, at least until I decided to check used items list from various vendors. Jesus fuck all that amazing stuff you can buy cheap. Bought some cheap and good green unarmed/psychology fist weapons for both hands and now the damage is good while still having all those stuns and knockbacks.

I'm definitely going to focus on unarmed, flinging stuff around is just so fun.

Don't forget meditation. Unarmed without meditation is like trying to use sword with a hammer. It gives you combos.

Everyone.

We must suggest an Epic level Unarmed ability.

Suplex, FF style because of the game's quality

SUPLEX A BEAR. SUPLEX A DROACH. SUPLEX A TORNADO. SUPLEX EVERYTHING.

FUND IT

And give it knock down to help out your friendly local hammerman

YES YES
YES

FUCK I NEED THIS

Update inbound?

Not that I've seen.

Yeah, I DCd last night and thought maybe the update was gong live…

autism is a selling-point and people being really fucking into a game/displaying the game's depth keeps attraction afloat, more than necessary for a game like this
the only other thing we need is effective propaganda in the form of memes especially if they attract actual retards to make fun of/repopulate the game

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Who are you and what did you do

unter, and called someone a retard, fucking faggots i swear

I bet it's you isn't it Shroom.

I fucking warned you man.

ouch.

At least it isn't for a year or after halloween.

Fucking Khay and Tsu are on, I bet they're behind this.

must have been them, im sure the guy i insulted didnt report me because he just told me to fuck off, cant wait for this cancerous community to die on steam release

Any idea who the guy you called a retard was?

VindioV or some shit like that

If i see them I'll ask if they reported ya, cause I get the feeling it probably was khay

also you can downvote his karma in the website if you want, he's at -111 kek

For hazmat.

How big is this game in size?

Installed and all, the game is 4GB

Neat, downloading.

We're off to Kur Tower. Tiem to fight undead.

and im fucking banned, fucking kill me

hey hazmat if you are here, i just wanted to tell you i made 74k selling useless shit today

t. unter

You're responding to me, so yes I'm here.

We made pretty good progress into kur last night. Unless certain bugs got patched since last year, we should be able to make it to Lomas really easily.
A tip for when we fight him: location and angle matter. He has an AOE push and we for him on top of a floating platform.

Aside from that, remember that Srand is the dev's wife. ie:try to be nice. She doesn't seem to be an sjw or anything, she just takes reports seriously. The other mods may be assholes, but she seems to at least give you a few warnings before ding dong bannu

Interview went alright. I should hear back in a week, job'd be 12 hour night shifts on a 3-2 rotating schedule making glues and sealants.

Can that guy post the Crystal screenshots from yesterday?

sure

Crap, that's her second dialogue roll, looks like you missed it.

LEGENDS NEVER DIE

You can do it!

THE DREAM IS NOT DEAD!

Oh you have no idea.

So guess who managed to CUT THROUGH THE REST OF THE DUNGEON TO GET TO THE MASTER?

Thank you, speed boosters! Your game-breaking ways enriched me so!

And there they are.

And for a friend

Fuggin random disconnections

fug

okay seriously, the game does not want me to play today.

Found this in Eltibule in the very early morning. Oh, and the full text in the second picture is supposed to read "Goblin Pilgrims", but it's cut off by that speech bubble.

It belongs to the questline presented by the human next to the cheeseguy.

Goblin raped and murdered his family.

Drop that shit off at that myconian before tidal already.

Not that that faggot has anything to give, but still.

Or give the pyrite to someone who can make mycology bombs

Wait, There's a recipe for it that require pyrite?

Second to last level of bomb, yes.

No wonder there's so much of it in the myconian cave