/ogc/ - Racing Vidya Thread - Please increase post limit edition

Last thread zoomed by like a BallisticNG ship.
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition
Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

Who's looking forward to BallisticNG online multiplayer?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepEGcLRmODiyFZwWpDDB6rdMHaAm-TMjlsbEOpAOzDA_kMTA/viewform
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ibxzGQ8J0LWpYXcmn0cXHoLos4d50SXSBBm6OCbwsfA/edit?usp=sharing
store.ubi.com/fr/game?dwvar_56c4948b88a7e300458b483a_Platform=pcdl&edition=Season Pass&pid=56c4948b88a7e300458b483a#start=1
humblebundle.com/store/the-crew-season-pass
amazon.com/dp/B00Q7H4LNC?tag=isthcom0a-20&th=1
twitch.tv/forzamotorsport
youtube.com/watch?v=Zy0nD2Ii__I&list=PLpNAl5zLZSMUI3klvTpy2Xdqa7B9bim3h[/spoiler]
youtube.com/watch?v=Zy0nD2Ii__I&list=PLpNAl5zLZSMUI3klvTpy2Xdqa7B9bim3h
uk.gamesplanet.com/game/the-crew-wild-run-uplay-key--2632-9?ref=itad
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/968003
youtube.com/watch?v=dDG2R1yIuHU
youtube.com/watch?v=LSAtLPkO7y4
archive.is/RGpjy
youtube.com/watch?v=94DMSZDzBtU
steamcommunity.com/groups/AutoGamesCoalition#announcements/detail/816664063407960905
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wipeout 64 > Wip3out
RR64 > RRT4
Deal with it nerds

Bump

Is BallisticNG the one that uses the wipeout 3 data?

I believe it does so, yes.

I hope people mod some anime girl skins for the ships

Does Redout feature a cockpit view with the respective interface (that is, eye candy like speed gauge, technobabble etc.)?

What rally game available on PS4 is the most fun?

Dirt Rally. All others are fucing terrible.

What about on PC? Dirt Rally is still $30 on Humble Store for the next 4 days but I still don't know about how much content it really has.

Dirt Rally. All others are fucing terrible.

SLRE isn't terrible you Codemasters shill

Nah dude fuck you. Dirt Rally is easily the best rally game on the market.

Thanks to everyone last thread and threads prior for information about wheels. My G920 came in and it's great, everything I wanted in a wheel minus extra fine tune/obvious settings management. I got Logitech's profile manager for it, updated the firmware and got rFactor setup after much torture and now I can crash like a pro. It's really great. I tried using it in BallisticNG, but that game doesn't work so well with the steering, takes a lot of wheel movement to get any reaction from the ship and I don't see a way to change that in BNG. Maybe it's just the way my default profile is setup. Funny enough, the game that worked out of the box without needing to remap or calibrate is Super Tux Kart, which I figured wouldn't have wheel support. Go freetards.

I see you were dropped on your head when you were little.

I don't know of very many if any PS4 racing games, but I just bought and am trying to download PCars. Otherwise I've been emulating Ridge Racer 2 on PPSSPP for my arcade racing fix.

Oh fuck, maybe I was dropped on my head. Just realized you asked for rally games.

Yeah it is, but SLRE isn't that bad and on consoles you manage to avoid the Italian PC expertise.

I spend days exploring the region, finding dank ass cars, and upgrading the R34 like a motherfucker and I've only ever done one multiplayer event and never even hooked up to a crew.

For some reason ambient music makes me better at racing. Makes no sense.

Why the fuck even add it as an option if you can still change gear without the clutch?

You have emulated F-Zero GX by now right? It runs like a dream on the latest Dolphin builds.

If your toaster couldn't play it a few years ago it probably can now.

Nevermind, turns out you need to set your controller type to a wheel and then to manual>sequential in the wheel settings, and then back to autodetect in the controller type.

Last I hear Dolphin ran like shit on AMD processors. Is that still the case?

RR64 is solid as a Pre-F&F Ridge Racer. But nothing can hold a candle to Ridge Racer Type 4 NothingAnd that's as a massive fan of RR64

So I just spent a few minutes collecting all the weird ass cars I could find in the Workshop. Guess I'm gonna have to play it now.

In The Crew, after you unlock Perf spec, is there any reason to ever use Street again?

Except for missions, no, not really.

Is Redout good? I really want a new sci-fi racer for PC.

Yes however you might find that the music and the over use of chromatic abbreviation a bit jarring, when it comes to his year of shitty games like Need for Speed, The Crew and other suck games, there's a clear winner to pick

Not really, except for missions. You'll feel the same way about Perf when getting to Circuit, and likewise Dirt when getting to Raid.

Definitely not. Raid spec is a bitch to drive with manual transmission, unlike Dirt.

Does Holla Forums do RC racing?

I couldn't be more excited.
You faggots better be ready to go fast.
adjusting from spectre to zen has been harder than I thought it would be

Reminder for folks playing The Crew:

Enter your Uplay name in here to add to the directory:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepEGcLRmODiyFZwWpDDB6rdMHaAm-TMjlsbEOpAOzDA_kMTA/viewform

Member Directory:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ibxzGQ8J0LWpYXcmn0cXHoLos4d50SXSBBm6OCbwsfA/edit?usp=sharing

I'm severely disappointed.
It's not a good Wip3out port, it's not a good standalone game. And nobody will make anything better because the spotlight's taken. Good job.

I'm not usually the guy to point this out, but you know this is still in development right?
A chunk of this is obviously valid, but with the way you have this post phrased it's like you're thinking everything is far along, let alone final. We don't know if the guy will be able to step it up or not.

I've tried it a long time ago and it suffered from the same things.
It does seem to be far enough into development that some of these things have little hope of being fixed. I also assume that some of the content was contributed by other people, and the dev won't ever replace it out of respect, as is the case with many other projects like this. And finally, you can't fix the dev's fixation on the worst game out of the three.

i thought it would flip at first. quite impressive that it didn't even show signs of toppling

Testing multiple things, here's a random webm gameplay.
Please tell me what you think of the quality (i didn't have the autism for it but i could actually make it look better since with the original audio bitrate i intended the webm ended at 7.94MB but to save time i just reencoded the audio at a higher bitrate)

more bitrate then to compensate filesize downscale it to 960x540
no one really gives a shit about the audio just dub eurobeat on it

That's not always true, I prefer to drive Perf cars. A bit slower but not as twitchy. Raid are good if you're not following paths at all, but Dirt feel a bit less heavy and handle better.

GT Sport stream for those who missed it. At least the ring looks nicer than that shitty city track.

I prefer street over perfect and circuit because it feels more natural. Since dirt isn't that much different from street besides being faster on dirt, I generally pick rally because while it's slow on roads, the ability off road is what makes it good for exploring around wilderness and other areas other cars can't reach well. Now that I have all the hot rod variants, I'm not sure if I want spend the time to grind them above the skyline I have all variants >1275 car level.

Played the FH3 demo today, it was nice driving a native Australian car as an aussie myself, but I wish I could use the other cars and get a first look at the garage
Not as good as I once thought, and the map is probably going to be a bit too sandy for my tastes, but I still might give it a buy for the dusty ol' xbone I need a use for it, now that the new xbone is out I can't sell mine anymore
And the consistency of breakable trees is fucking shit, I drive through a thick as fuck tree and fly through it in the forest, then go to the suburbs and hit a tiny tree and it doesn't fucking budge

Yeah i'm aware i'm just trying to see how far can i go with lossless video as a source. Here's one with the settings you suggested

Beyond hyped. Wipeout has always been my favourite racing game, but playing with the AI is a bit of a bore, where it's less about going fast and more about having a good lap, because no matter how slow you go, you're guaranteed to win as long as you don't run into any walls.>>10740942

I liked it much better than wipeout 3's. You can actually tell which lap you're on.
Broken how?
You're not talking about the flying through the walls stuff, are you?
Zealous in what way? It feels like the wal collisions are a lot less forgiving than they were in wipeout3 but when I asked the dev about this, he said it was closer to the other early wipeouts.
It's pretty dumb.
What do you mean by this? I've noticed that a lot of the stages are designed so that flying over the walls is meant to be taken advantage of. I don't think I like it.
I had some issues a few weeks ago where the wobbly polygons were causing gaps in the geometry but I haven't seen that in a while.

That's actually by design. There's an option that literally turns polygon rendering to shit.

No, I know about that (and think it's kind of charming even if I don't like using it myself). The issue is that if you do the rounding at the wrong point in the vertex transformation pipeline, two different edges that are meant to be flush against eachother, round to two different places, which creates a gap between them.

What is the comfiest racing game for PC?

And sometimes I wonder if that's not by design as well.

ETS2, though the racing is only in MP mode

I assumed ETS2 wasn't counted as a racing game, so what would you recommend aside from that?

That framerate and screen tear is horrible though. I wouldn't be shocked if it got pushed for the same reason FFXV did in that they wouldn't have a problem nerfing the PS4 vanilla version back (I'd expect it to launch with Dynamic rez than 1080P now) while making a more stable and better looking Pro version that's locked.

What a clusterfuck. Imagine if it launched this year?

The Crew or Euro Truck Sim 2 for long distance comfy on PC. F1 2016 if you like a bit of speed and challenge while doing a full race.

How can racing ever be comfy? The whole point of racing is to be the best whether that's beating someone head to head or shaving seconds off of your time. Comfy would be something relaxing which is very much not what racing is about. I'm going to assume what you actually mean is comfy driving games and to that the answer is probably The Crew or maybe Spintires. Driving in something like GTA or Mafia can be comfy as well but those qualify as driving games only partially. Some games like PCars and AC (at least with mods) have highway maps that you can drive in that can be comfy in free drive type modes.

Not much tbh, racing isn't comfy for me because you're on the edge. Heavy rain in F1 games with slow AI is the closest thing I can think of, maybe also Spa rain/night in F6 Apex or any night race in Shift 2. Or long faction races in The Crew, though if you're playing with friends there's a non zero chance someone will get DCs for shits and giggles.

I mean things in the vein of some Need for Speed games, where there's an open world to drive around in at your leisure as well as intense races.

Look at that screenshot for an example of bad UI. Look at the lap times, how they blend in with the stage. Too many transparent elements. Look at how small and out of the way everything is, stealing miliseconds of your attention when you need to look at any of the info in the corners.
And the weapon icons. Some of them are pretty cryptic and same-looking, not a good thing when you're trying to focus on the road.
Bugs. Sometimes acting jittery, sometimes not even turning at all and slamming right into a wall until it runs out.
Some walls in the originals had collision, and the collision for the bounds was a bit higher. It was harder to fall out by accident.
Catching you too early, not letting you cut even the smallest corner. The first game was pretty anal about this, but later it was relaxed.
webm related, just look at the shit I get away with (and the higher bounds + extra walls)
See the complaint about scale. The size, speed and agility of ships doesn't match the way the stages are designed. The originals sometimes had this problem (the faggot ass tunnel at p-mar), but rarely. Then you have the different grips thing, and stages having de facto speed bumps designed to make some ships slam into the floor, reminding me of Pulse rather than classic Wipeout.
Another problem with the stages is that many of them are short and tiny. They also offer very little variation, having a nearly fixed width and few unique features that differentiate them from one another.

About the PS1 thing, the dev tries to replicate PS1 rendering but uses an obscene amount of textures, losing some of the readability that the originals had in the process. (and making no effort to simplify and clean things up)

Test Drive Unlimited but not 2
also good luck dealing with the millionaires challenge if you're playing on a wheel

I am getting a g29 as well in a few days, looking forward to it.

I have yet to do it, now I'm afraid

Don't be afraid, it's fun
I heavily recommend going for Lamborghini Murcielago, it's arguably the most effortless A-class car to drive. You can also try saving up and splurging on a Mercedes CLK GTR(with upgrades for that sweet 100 control)

Both TDU games, The Crew.
Or racing in ETS2 which is intense because you're avoiding the mods driving in police cars

Now I understand why you have issues with it, that car might be fast but is garbage everywhere else, Ferrari Enzo is the way

GTA Online tbh. I've been playing it almost exclusively as a racing game.

I like a challenge. Enzo is fucking gay tho.

GTAO isn't that comfy when you get blown up by some faggot kid with a fighter jet or races turn into some sort of shit demo derby.

MC12 for lyfe

Bump

I want to find a game where I can rice cars and race them on the PC. Been playing NFS Prostreet recently but I just can't get to grips with the drifting, I hate it. Played NFS UG and UG2 to death, same goes for Juiced, Juiced 2 has awful driving mechanics, and I refuse to touch Windows 10 so that throws Horizon 3 out of the window, nor do I want to touch any Origin or Uplay titles unless they can be cracked. Any suggestions?

Have you tried midnight club?

Does the latest F1 game factor in tire wear and a track's rising grip level during the race?

Did previous F1 games like Grand Prix Legends already do that?

Yes, I loved 3 but it's not available on PC and a bit shit on the PSP. I might try emulating it but might struggle with an i3 2100.

i thought that just happens with bikes. nice job ubi.

Guys is it cooler to play ballistic ng without analog steering to pretend it's pre dual shock wipeout 1?

PS check out this fucking autist

Tire wear has been in since F1 2010, but the AI didn't care about it and I'm not sure it was 100% realistic.

There's some level of track evolution from session to session but I'm not sure it happens during the race itself.

Just be wary that the profiler for these new ones isn't so good. It's totally usable but you don't get as precise control over everything.

It's cooler to use a wheel that wasn't meant to be used with it and still have a good time. Multiplayer can't come soon enough, I need to know if my shitty internet can run it.

You madman
How does it feel in the cockpit view?

Yeah but can I be rad with keyboard

It's sick. Really hard sometimes but that's because I suck ass at AG games more so than the wheel's fault. The only thing I have a hard time with is pitch because that's set to the dpad which isn't comfortable to use all the time, so I ignore it. The paddles are set to left and right break, and the throttle works perfectly for acceleration. And thanks to the way the menus are programmed, you have to step on the gas to choose a menu item. Really feels like an arcade game.

Probably better, but style points though.

Please explain, also there's a workaround for that?
I don't mind tinkering around files if the need arises

or the constantly running into bugs/cheaters and the fact that all of the lights in game are piss colored

I mean there's not an option for some of the things the G27 had. Pics related. The one with more options and sliders is the older profiler (grabbed a random image off of Jewgle), the one with just the centering strength and degree of movement is the new one. I'm not sure if there's a way to set values to change the other options outside of using a game that supports them. PCars, for example, can do all of this adjustment in game for it. But I can't adjust a lot for something like BNG because it doesn't technically support FFB and such.

What
I didn't select that picture
Holla Forums you whore

I see what you mean, I suppose it is stuff I can live without for a while, until I enter full sim autist mode

Pretty much. I've gotten along alright with it, and while I wish I could change spring strength in BNG since there's no FFB, it still actually works. Heck, I think the only two games I tried and the wheel wasn't 100% functional were Sky Rogue and Vector thrust. Go figure, arcade plane games don't work with a steering wheel.

thread dead?

there's no way a thread on this board dies in an hour and requires a bump

well, a lot shitposting and slow breads are on this board right now!

In practice, the 3 sliders at the top are pretty much default all the time so it's not exactly a huge loss.

This kind of thread can use a bump every so often, when it reaches page 10 or so otherwise it's perfectly fine

What the fuck, when did it get so fucking large.

VR update and Codemasters incompetence in general I'd guess. I guess there is a lot of different content in the game and a bunch of different enviroments, tutorial videos and whatever but it's definitely on the large side.

Thanks for (inadvertently) reminding me that I was going to buy Dirt Rally. I think there's an /ogc/ league already but I haven't heard anything from it in like a year.

They added new textures during the VR update for 4K as well, which bloated the file size.

You might be alright, I loaded up PPSSPP on my shitty laptop and it was running at pretty much full speed, might of been just that game though.

I MISS GOING FAST

I need to get a good webm of me flat out, I've hit 1299 on my circuit R34 and circuit Hot Rod. Close to hitting cap with the other R34s soon, which means grinding the country mission to get 385k for four of the Hot Rods.

it's like you've only listened to Replica faggot

I'm just finishing up Vegas, /ogc/ should group up and grind some money

For grinding money, the mission "Fleeing the Country" in Detroit is a super good mission for money. At level 50 you make 33k on it solo though I'd assume you can make 40k once coop hits. The mission is literally just driving from the park near Detroit to the dockyard near Washington DC (a ~30 mile drive) without blowing up the car. The nice thing about that mission is that even if you fuck up and wreck, as long as one person crosses the line everyone gets money for beating it which can be exploited for AFK farming (one person drives, the other three AFK, switch people on retry) if you wanted to.

Should mention too, depending on the route you take and the performance of your street car, you can do the mission in under 10 minutes. I usually take a more conservative time of 10 and a half minutes to 14 minutes just so I don't go too fast and wreck the car in solo.

Is there a reason to get a different car in Da Crew? I mean I have to grind so much just to get my Camaro up to level. Can we re-use parts on different cars?

Also I clicked on the music cake and got "Rolling START", good job MarkShame it blocks most of the watch thread menu

Just to have more cars, really.

You can use parts on different cars, but you have to buy them at the tuner. It's why it's worth quickly respecing to what you're trying to buy so you can save 200k on a 1299 upgrade.

Also forgot to mention, Precision 30 on the bridge in NYC is literally just going straight as fast as you can for perf/circuit for plat. Dirt, Street and Raid need a bit more by slightly turning left but as long as you combo all the gates you can hit it's an easy plat. I need to now get Perf/Street/Dirt up to 1299 so I can then grind out FtC for money to upgrade my cars with.

Getting close to needing a bump.

Is SSX fast enough to count as racing?

…do racers need cars?

Now comes getting $385k * 3 = $1.155M in order to upgrade the Street/Perf/Dirt hot rods to max level and I'll be even further empty on this game.

If you really just want to get a car to 1299 from stock, the best way (apart from buying parts) is to find lvl 45 skills on the east coast and gold them. This will give you a gold lvl 46 part. Then grind the plats.

Having more cars is fun and a way to have a bit more shit to do in game even though once you have one of each spec to 1299 it's much easier to just buy the parts.

voice user you're a faggot and i love it

Who else has been playing the Crew non stop since you heard about the free month?

nvm, read the thread. like 5 people playin. any goofy screenshots?

whatever was happening in the road it was disgusting

I've grinded onto side rails twice already, both on accident, and because of the wonky physics, the car doesnt even tip. it just sits there.

also, I hate that you cant save photos in 1080. these images are each fuckin 5mb

well that's because you're gay and ubisoft is doing everyone a favor by forcing you to post the higher resolution versions

How about converting the pngs to jpgs?
Or going into the photo mode settings and turning down the resolutions.

Photo mode doesnt go below 1220p

also, I COULD convert them to Jpgs…

at least be a good boy and use mozjpeg

OH also

Where the fuck do you buy the Season Pass on uplay? like fuck im payin $50 to buy the entire game. I love it, but I wouldnt spend more than $30

(damn checked)
Use Microsoft Paint

store.ubi.com/fr/game?dwvar_56c4948b88a7e300458b483a_Platform=pcdl&edition=Season Pass&pid=56c4948b88a7e300458b483a#start=1

or Humble Store
humblebundle.com/store/the-crew-season-pass

or Amazon US, with a US billing address, for half the price
amazon.com/dp/B00Q7H4LNC?tag=isthcom0a-20&th=1

no, use my cock you faggot
the jpeg encoder on microsoft .net is garbage

I've noticed my drivehub is filling up with "SOMEONE BEAT YOU AT THIS MISSION!" so I have taken the time to beat most of the records for missions tonight especially in the east coast.

Try not to break more of my records so I don't have to break them again. :^)

OH that reminds me, how do YOU guys get over the "Installing 1/1"??

I keep using task manager to cancel the install helper.

No it's literally perfect and there's nothing that can beat Microsoft Paint at image editing. The resize algorithm is future proof.

Yeah, naming it an expansion was a clever way not to include it into the season pass.

When the UAC window pops up, say no. In the WR beta it was fixed by editing the install state but it doesn't work anymore.

Whats the most realistic racing sim for PC?

Is it really Asetto Corsa? Because I hear that game was kind of mediocre

Any realistic offroading games?

rFactor perhaps?

Spintires is the only game I know that has winches and a low range gearbox.

rFactor 2, iRacing (Inb4 James autism) and Assetto are the ones real drivers and teams use (rFactor Pro is the sim of choice for most race teams, even).

Grand Prix 4 and NASCAR Racing 2003 if you want to go even older.

christ this takes so long

NFS ProStreet and whiplash

Off Road Drive has some sim bits, not like Spintires but its ok

When I was 14, I completed the 24 hour Nurburgring on Gran Turismo 4 in A-Spec in one sitting. My dad was pissed when he learned I skipped school on accident to do it, but also impressed that I could operate a piss bottle while driving at my age.

yes, I used a wheel

I'm sorry bro but the piss bottle is proof of deceit. You would have just paused the game during a straightaway if you needed to piss.

I hope you are a professional racer now because that's an amount of racing autism hard to rival

My Uncle and grand father are/were Professional Drag Racers, so if I got into racing, thats probably what I'd be.

Is that you James?

nah. names greg. Uncle races in Pro Street for PSCA

I don't think got the reference
What's wrong with PRC by the way? Seems like your usual sim autist blog that is never satisfied by anything

Can you race in zen speed class reliably without upgraded ships?

Big Horizon 3 stream starting. Right now it's just the community manager guy but he's gonna interview devs in a bit and show a ton of gameplay.

Embed isn't loading on my end for some reason so here's the direct link for those who want it.
twitch.tv/forzamotorsport

Is he going to say when PC preload starts or is it going to be a surprise download that downs half the servers on release day because why not?

Can the Windows store even do pre-loads? This game looks fucking good and I've been wanting to play a Forza game for years now but I know the PC version will be fucked one way or another.

Remember to always wait until after launch to buy a game. Especially a PC game because the quality of the port is always in question.

I see some folks in Twitch chat saying PC preload has been confirmed. It's Twitch chat though so who knows. They also seem to be saying that the PC demo will be available after release which doesn't fill me with hope.

Also the PC version is 70 euros. What the fuck.

This is true, unfortunately. It just means I'll have to wait even longer before buying the game because I really want to see if it runs well on my PC first.

Hopefully it will be available soon. I already spent my funbux, but only got a 4 MB preload so far which seems a bit small for the game.

The preload is supposedly going to start tomorrow after the review embargo lifts.

One of Digital Foundry's guys said they have no NDA on the PC versions graphics options so they can show them and the PC version as soon as possible as well. So they must be really confident in that port.

Greenwalt on stream at the moment. They are showing the auction house.

Do they not keep the drm free version updated? Pic related.

I would just outright ignore anything he says or claims, he's not worth the time of day and his autism and ego are massive. He'll pick a fight with anything and anyone in order to push his ideals of racing games. It's almost like one of those neo-Nazi autists you would find on Holla Forums, but instead of fighting about Holla Forums shit it's the the superior racing vidya.

He wrote a laughably bad article about /ogc/ under the Internet Safety tab, if you really want to read his opinion of the general.

rfactor is the only one of the so called "sims" that actually tries to be a sim

Yeah he's the Holla Forums of racing games, and just the real Holla Forums he's right once in a while, overly aggressive and will serve you some Trump whether it's relevant or not.

To be fair, I do enjoy the PRC reviews, they tend to be somewhat informative if you skip the paragraphs about saying everyone is a faggot.

Hey it's webm man

They even nuked their github repo because "it will be easy to cheat online". We have been rused, played, tricked, deceived and outwitted by the developers.

inb4 they enable Steam Market or a pay version of the game to bank on the popularity

If you're looking for the most realistic games, probably rFactor 2 with Live for Speed and Assetto Corsa following behind it. Live for Speed does things like wind affecting cars while Assetto Corsa does tire blistering and flatspotting and other tire effects. rFactor 2 does both of these things, but also does things like track wear and does the tire and track wear visually as well which is really cool to see the marbles and racing line build up on the race track as the race continues on.

If you're looking for something more cheaper to enter into, rFactor 1. The first rFactor can either be easily yarr'd with multiplayer, or you can buy it off of Bundlestars for $2.50 with some other racing games included in the pack. rFactor 1 also has an extreme amount of content available through mods and does have mods to make competitive racing easier like web based livetiming and motec telemetry addons.

This is probably only for the people who pay for the stupid expensive edition right?

Yes. After discounts and credit back it cost me 80 dollarydoos to get it off the microsoft store.

Which games have the best damage modelling? The one thing which kills a game for me is smashing into part of the environment at top speed only to glance off it with nothing more than scratches on the paintwork.

I just got messaged this on Uplay, so here it is publicly for people who don't know.

In The Crew, you can "send" your friends off to do faction missions over time, netting you faction reputation (used for upping your daily salary [daily spoil]) and money just for waiting a little while. It's similar to the missions in Assassin's Creed where you send off your characters to foreign cities on a mission with a % success over a period of time. It's also sort of like the mission in Star Trek Online as well from what I was told.

So to send friends off, switch to faction missions on your map, click a faction mission, then send friends, then just assign friends to do it. You can get a perk that you can increase the friends sent on one mission from one to four.

beamng

Isn't that essentially just a tech demo at the moment?

Either BeamNG or Wreckfest, but wreckfest gets updated once in a blue moon and is a potentially failing project

S K Y L I N E
K
Y
L
I
N
E

I think I mentioned that in an earlier thread, but yeah, you can send friends on missions. Decent way to earn cash, and if you're like a functioning part of society you can play for about 10 minutes every 12 hours to keep the machine running. I do that during my morning coffee.

If you ever wondered why so many random people added you to their friends list once you hit level 50, that's why.

Yeah, I can see it being pretty convenient when in the morning getting ready for work. Before I became unemployed I would wake up, boot up the computer, take a shower and then the computer would be ready by the time I got out to dry and dry off browsing the internet before heading out the door. It's like a casual mobile game but as a racing game on PC.

Did you got the discounts in the perk menu? They make quite the difference. Especially in circuit.

Yep, I did get the discounts. You can just reset your perks anyways, which is really cheap as shit for the discount you make. When I upgraded my circuit I saved like 200k just for reperking for 10 minutes.

Just cashed these in, I based my calculation off of Circuit only. Doing a recheck on it it costs $685k for the other specs combined with discounts.

To help pass the time before Horizon 3 comes out, I'm just gonna post one random eurobeat song a day this week. Yes I know it's obvious I'm looking for any excuse to post some. Yes I know I'm not fooling anyone. Just let it happen.

do you have to be always online to play the crew?

After a quick google check that seems to be the case. So sadly if your internet is unstable you might not have the best time.

Yeah, the game is intended to be played like an MMORPG but with cars. Fun if you have a constant line, horrible if you don't.

This game is great now, haven't got to use Agro or Roar yet because I'm broke still in that game. Gotta try Wipeout next but don't know what one to go with and all I've played is HD Fury.

>don't have money for a McLaren one million dollarydoos

Pussy. I beat the tour of the island with pic related, while having a koenigsegg 200 meters behind me at all times and the time trial with the saleen. But tbh, I hated the saleen afterwards. Even while using the G27 that thing is a handful. I got handed a ticket 3 times iirc and I still got gold somehow.

Nigga you can beat that with a fucking Caterham because of how braindead AI is. I'm talking about Millionaire shit.

Ridge Racer 7 came in the mail. If N2O wasn't in it, I'd say it's a worthy successor to Type 4 and what RRV should have been. Good fun, Prophetie is still as good as ever. And because yuropoor recommended it for maximum comfy, ETS2. Time to get some mods for that. Trying to make my avatar Reiko for the best experience.

Now I'm interested in emulating Midnight Club stuff. I wonder how well it emulates.

Look at my post better. I did it with the saleen.

Should I?

If you already have Windows 10, yes. It's free and you can unlock all the cars rather easily. Even if you do have trouble, they rotate the special events so you can gain more medals. It's more of a tech demo than anything else.

How is it different than Forza 6 for the Xbone? Did they remove a bunch of shit or what?

Just wanted to point out that we're one member away from hitting a milestone of 100 group members on Steam. It took a year and a half to get this far, but it's also a long way we've come since the first thread on Holla Forums.

No seriously, thanks to everyone who has come in and posted here in this thread or in previous threads. This general would never have grown without your help.

Just joined. You're welcome, faggot.

disgusting.

Where's my cushiony job that I can rehash the same logo for years Microsoft?

r u a faget????

I'm amazed they're online still. Like, there's no developer left to take care of them and I doubt Atari gives a real shit about the game anymore, not with their strategy of mobile bullshit, so what's actually happening? Did Eden accidentally build servers that manage to keep going without human interaction?

Remove a bunch of shit doesn't even begin to specify what happened. It's basically what the arcade mode in a Forza game could look like, for free. About 80 cars you unlock through medals, like 5 tracks with different variations, main "campaign" is 12 races with diverse objectives, conditions and cars, and then you get two new events per week, available for two weeks, for more medals in order to unlock all the cars. It's barren, but then it's free and not just for a few weeks.

I only played MIdnight Club LA (And a bit of 3 Dub editon via emulation) and they're damn fun, great rice makers, and have good car lists. If 3 is anything like LA then Agro and Roar are OP over the other options. Thanks for my phones new wallpaper

>Hating a drop dead gorgeous version of the EnzoThat's slower for some reason
It's like you don't even know how to drive

For 4 and 5 I guess it'd be hard to design something to work an F and the corresponding number but fuck 6 is dead easy to work with

It's simply supposed to be an m. They wanted a recognizable logo but it unfortunately lined up with Forza 3 and people thought that's what it was supposed to be representing specifically. They're not very bright.

BULL SHIT. 1 and 2 had different logo's (Not greatly but they are different) and 3 came out with a logo that just happened to have roman numeral 3 in it? And it's definitely more a roman 3 then an M All they need to do is connect them at the top even slightly then it's fixed. And if it's meant to be M then why isn't Horizon changed to an H?

Atari runs the TDU2 servers on a skeleton crew, so they support it though barely. I'm honestly surprised the game is still up even after all these years.

Which is the thing, it looks like the roman numeral for 3 rather than an M. It wouldn't be a problem if they made the M not look like III.

in its defense, they use turning lightsbut they are still annoying

Also, I was dying to get a G27 but because they are rare af nowadays and discounts on Germoney Amazon I got a G29 for less that 300 yuros, it should arrive today unless the courier pulls a trick on me as he usually does, but I will have to wait a few more weeks for the gearbox, I hope it will be worth it because the T300 seems to break too easily most of the times

I remember that the traffic in TDU had an obnoxiously short pop in distance, especially when driving on the wrong side of the road. This, and the random veering when going head on which means you never know if you have to avoid them or carry on.

It's an okay price for a G29, there are more issues with the G29 according to Google but maybe it's just function of the amount of people deciding to go with the Logitech product instead of the Thrustmaster one. Issues will probably pop further down the line anyway.
Still, have fun mate

Which controller would you recommend for someone who knows he likes racing games but hasn't been trying them out for a while?

Last time I played any I had a ~$70 wheel for the X360 and played a bunch of Forza Motorsport 2 to 4. Haven't touched the games of that genre ever since, but I'm kinda itching to give a try to racing games again now that I have a VR headset.

For best immersion you should buy a wheel, cheap Thrustmaster models go for less than a hundred new, but you get what you pay for, for a decent entry level wheel you will have to pay at least 150 euros for a new model if you ask me. For the gamepads either a Xbox gamepad (I have a 360 one, triggers are neat but sticks are complete ass) or a Logitech model (Never owned one so I can't really tell) or you can configure a Playstation 3 pad to work as Xbox360 one on the PC but good luck with the triggers because they are uncomfortable to use

The default choice are Microsoft controllers if you're playing on PC.
X360 ones are pretty good overall except for the dpad, and can be found cheap. Very reliable units, I have a wireless one bought over 6 years ago and apart from a slight play in the sticks it still works perfectly.
XOne ones have better sticks and the dpad is decent but the triggers are a bit too responsive considering their travel. You max out a few millimeters before hitting the lock which makes precise throttle and brake inputs hard until you get a feeling for it. If you're thinking about playing Forza 6 or Horizon 3, you'll get the vibration feedback on the triggers which is an amazing thing. Really gives you a feel, notably on the brake, where you get the pulse with ABS turned on like in a real car.

But the best thing to get is a wheel. A DFGT is a safe starter.

its 20 GBs they now have wheel support with the last update.

whats funny was before the update i go 30-40 fps now i get 70 fps on high settings.

Question to people that know better
What's the best Formula 1 game so far? The time period is set in is not relevant, and no mods, must be vanilla content

Grand Prix 3 for retro. F1 2016 for modern.

Bump

You know there are these jobs that seem really comfy if bordering on the very edge of tedious insanity (the other one I can think of is a swing bridge operator). I mean it must be what was happening before Stanly Parable starts but it must be something to get put in a room to monitor a whole bunch of servers that never really get activity. It's an intriguing position.

Anyways best Simpsons Game, best GTA clone.

Is G29 as big a shit firmware- and PCB-wise as G27? My guess is that it doesn't have any strength calibration, uses shittiest lowest powered full bridge FETs, doesn't have any radiators but does have a fucking current limiter that gets motors weaker after some use as not to "overheat" them.

Thanks for the hints! Got a X360 pad already so that shouldn't be a problem. Might look into a thrustmaster wheel too, though the first one that looks sorta tempting is the T150.

The internals look very similar to the old Logitech wheels so it's probably the same overall design.

That marks it as the cheapest piece of shit they could manufacture, sold at highest price point people could be charged. Good to know, I won't be buying that crap.

All of those problems could be fixed with a $10 worth of extruded aluminum radiators and a couple of firmware updates. But you can't take jew out of a jew, what you gonna do.

What's the best wheel at this point for someone who's not a beginner? The G27 would've probably been it a few years ago but because of the G29/G920 line and the fucked up things they've done like discontinuing the DFGT I just kinda don't want to buy their products.

All the Thrustmaster shit is like 500-600 eurobucks for pedals with clutch+shifter+wheel. Even if the Logitech shit is shit, it's still 100-200€ less. Are there no other options?

The only other viable brand is fanatec, but it's the most expensive of the bunch, just cross your fingers and hope you can find a used G27 at a decent price

You only really need a wheel. Pedals and shifter you can just make yourself.

You're over simplyfying it so fucking much it hurts

Can confirm that sitting in a room with servers running is extremely comfy, at least when the servers are active. When the servers aren't being used though, that's when it goes from comfy to mentally degrading. Unless the people who maintains TDU2's server are part time or handle other servers at the same time, I don't see how they wouldn't be locked up in a sponge room already.

I remember hearing they wanted to stop manufacturing wheels but I guess the successes of Project CARS and AC made the suits change their minds. So they repackaged their stuff and re-released it hoping to cash on the wave.

You can probably do without the shifter, at least until you save a bit more. Otherwise you're pretty much fucked.

Also god damn that pitlane looks comfy

Nighttime pit lanes are comfy as shit. There needs to be a game that does more with pitlanes than just have cars drive in and out of it with four guys that work on the car and have proper ambience.

Nigger are you serious? FH logo = Forza Horizon. FM logo = Forza Motorsport.

Oh shit, I misread that completely. Now I'm just as confused as you are.

Forza Horizon 3 Preload on PC is up now, negros

Corrupt media say 91 on Metacritic so its either really good or M$ is paying well.

Probably both. All the previews and stream make it look good, but it's MS so you know they paid off reviewers anyway for that 90 minimum.

Wait, its available now? Torrent when?

coming from the other thread

you guys think the new forza is going to be decent?

It could be good, it was insanely good in the past and so far I was not able to find a good alternative on pc.

I know I sound like a total shill right now, but name me one game that has car customization like forza. This game beats need for speed and everything else we have on pc. I think the only game that will have more options is BeamNG.drive thanks to community mods.

I've seen some world records on skills where the ghost gets stuck on a railing and flies off to mars

Okay guys, I got DiRT Rally like you said and I have a question.
I unlocked the achievement "WWGFD?"
Who the hell is GF?

Also I am really pleased with the game as a first impression. I had played DiRT 3 and, God, I hated the shit-eating personality that game had in its presentation; this game has a good style and that is important to me.

Also, in career mode, it seems the AI are far less forgiving in Rallycross than in Rally.

GF stands for Greg Flinchbaugh who had given a lot of feedback regarding the game when the game was still in early development.

You did obtain a copy through Humble Bundle on sale, right?

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of these WR holders have unrealistic records that are like 5 times what is physically possible.

i only joined recently because steam groups tend to be gay

shilling my controller again. Extra buttons and built in wheel, works great for racing games. Sorry for the slight corruption on the pictures the battery was dying

those records are done with cheats. in fact most of the world records are done with cheats

I had that happen once in my monster truck

That Forza 1 cover makes my dick hard as fuck. Good memories.

I feel like Forza 2 is probably the most memorable, even though I did get a lot of time out of 3 it was kind of where I first experienced a large sim(ish) racing game. Everything up to that point was generally offline games, or games with very small multiplayer bases.

I remember sitting there in the tuning shop working on cars to this song. Good times.

This game is pretty fun simcade

neat

never, ever

As a GT kid, I do not know that feeling. Though I must admit to days of lust about FM2 when it got released and PS3 still had no games.
I should try to find an OG Xbox soon to play FM1.

wew

Only 13 GB more than Halo 5: Forge

I'd imagine Atari has them dealing with other servers and just have them check the room to make sure it didn't catch fire while no-one was looking. Or there's a guy with no finger nails and is unbeatable at minesweeper.

Are you listening to a radio-quality podcast about Chris-chan? Could you share?

Now don't you feel silly And the last Forza Horizon pic I'm pretty sure is a fan made thing. It looks alright though I'd shorten up the H

NFS's issue isn't customizing, it's that it's driving sucks ass. The Crew kinda does it but with a dose of MMORPG Bullshit

Honestly the early Forza's don't have anything going for them since Forza 1 (or it might be 2 or they could both do it) has this level mechanic that keeps you from buying some cars early. One of them has it so if you choose a certain nationality then you can't buy certain cars But at least you get a discount on some cars

Slightly related, but how did Junkie XL get involved in basically every soundtrack?

Probably the former. Hard to imagine they would have an entire server farm for one server a bunch of autists could host out of their basement. (I think this was already being attempted on TDU1?)

[spoiler]Duke's covered most if not every Sonichu comic to date.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zy0nD2Ii__I&list=PLpNAl5zLZSMUI3klvTpy2Xdqa7B9bim3h[/spoiler]

I use it when playing The Crew to have something to listen to instead of listening to the same 4 Flavor of the Month tracks the game has. I only realized two days ago there's other radio stations with more flavor of the month tracks.

In the early days of racing vidya in the 90s, it was cheaper to just do the music up in house than license outside music. Guys like Junkie XL and Rom Di Prisco were doing a lot of in house tracks as a result, and it even helped Junkie XL to start a career in music outside of just doing racing vidya. Somewhere around 2001-2002 companies EA decided to start using Flavor of the Month songs which led to the decline of in house tracks. You can still hear the Need for Speed songs even in the Mass Effect games and you'll hear The Sims songs regularly play on TV to this day. I'm surprised there's no subreddit or something of the like dedicated to pointing out Sims songs in ads and television shows.

I ended up buying the Guacamelee OST mainly because Rom Di Prisco worked on it. He also made embed related.

I see Holla Forums syntax works great yet again.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zy0nD2Ii__I&list=PLpNAl5zLZSMUI3klvTpy2Xdqa7B9bim3h

indeed
check these realistic physics

I am slightly worried they'll put out a 12 GB patch tomorrow because fuck all of you.

I almost want the expansion and the season pass. Does the Wild Run edition include the season pass or only the expansion?

Wild Run is only itself, the Season pass is only for getting the cars for free that you would otherwise use the 100k CC for.

Wild Run is a better deal IMO, the Summit events are good to get money and sometimes free cars. The new specs are mostly meh
-drift cars are pointless and slow
-monster trucks are pretty much shit
-drag are fun in freedrive because they clearly can't deal with corners, but that feel when you put your foot down after carefully going around a bend and hit 400 kph in seconds

The season pass is a nice thing to have but not as good as WR.

anyone else lol?

get out

What about bikes?

or rallying it out as a scion frs

You can drift fine with the default cars, no need for a shitbox that can't go in a straight line and tops under 300 kph. For cruising at least.

I play with a wheel and bikes are shit with a wheel.

Since I prefer the company of people of the opposite sex I bought the Drift M5 and once got a top 15 result in a Summit qualifier event so it was okay. The BRZ is a car that never really attracted me, for some reason.

The wild run dlc was on sale for 12 bucks a couple of days ago, unfortunately it isn't anymore. You can get the season pass for 10 bucks in amazon.

i've been hyped up about FRS/88 for years. Definitely seems a lot smaller in real life than i'd like but driving it in that first drift test in the crew was glorious
maybe i was just infatuated by the idea of it for so long?
plus my gf thinks they're sexy

WR is 14 european fun currencies on gamesplanet
uk.gamesplanet.com/game/the-crew-wild-run-uplay-key--2632-9?ref=itad

Maybe, I don't know. I'd take it IRL because it's not that expensive and supposedly fun but it doesn't really appeal to me in racing games.
But maybe it's my inner hipster who wants to reject the popular car.

With the crew have you guys just been playing alone? is there any real advantage to rolling aroudn with a crew?

i mean i'd much rather have a GTR don't get me wrong.. been hyping myself over them coming to murica for years and years

more money from missions i guess

Mostly soloing sometimes just dicking around with friends. The only real advantage a crew gives is getting placed higher in some summit events like the drag race due to being able to draft each other.

am i being jew as fuck thinking that wild run is gonna be cheaper when calling all units comes out?
also does calling all units come with the season pass as it's dlc?

Kinda, but I doubt it. It's already half price compared to its release price and I can't imagine it tumbling down even more. Season Pass came out for $25.
Most likely not, it's probably going to be exactly like WR. And like WR, the base content should be available to everyone anyway. Maybe they'll do another beta too.

Reviewers have been given access to the PC version now and someone posed the settings menus.

Not as huge as Apex and MSAA only, but Dynamic Optimization is back.

does this "dynamic optimization" even work? on every single other game it was tried it ended up eating more fps than just maxing out the setting because the game not only had to be able to change those things on the fly any time it would check if it had to constantly and use up cpu time

Wait, what is dynamic optimization? Is it really just a setting that makes the game adjust graphics on the fly to keep the fps at 60?

Yes, although "dynamic msaa/supersampling" also means a new form of anti aliasing that is msaa/supersampling except it can detect what needs anti aliasing and what doesn't to reduce overall load by only anti aliasing areas in need

F6 Apex did it and it actually worked amazingly well there and never hurt the FPS. Turned out the main Xbone version of F6 was using it as well.

Whatever version of the technology Microsoft made works incredibly well.

Works like a charm in Apex and on the Xbone. This is a brilliant way of getting around the "perfect settings" for people who can't run at max yet still want the game to run the best it can.
Though I expect shit companies like EA to miss the point entirely and just remove graphics settings entirely in favor of a dynamic setting instead of just making it an optional thing.

Is hot pursuit 2 easy to emulate on pcsx2? Won't bother with Dolphin since everyone says ps2 version is best version.

You served well 660… Time for sweet dreams

X360 Forzas had some level of dynamic optimization already, typically knocking down the resolution and framerate of reflections and mirrors to keep the overall framerate high enough.

Sorry for asking here, but should I get a Toyota Corolla

don't they have those fucked up transmissions ? CVTs ?

Depends on what you're looking for, but if it's a cheap automobile that will get you to work and back everyday relatively painlessly it's not a bad choice.

You can spend the saved cash for a direct drive wheel and a triple screen setup for mad simulation value.

Also FH3 finished preloading and I'm kinda hype. It's an odd feeling, one I haven't felt in years.

I hate it because then something goes wrong and I'm disappointed and bitter

im getting errors in the preload im no my third retry im at 26 GB

on*

(Checked)
What kind of errors?

Error 0x80070005

this is the only thing i get googling it.

support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/968003

i am the admin of my computer

Can happen if you somehow ran out of space, or went medieval on the wrong service using a tweaking tool. I've also seen it happen once when trying to update an app after fucking when its folder (well, opening it by taking ownership), I think I fixed that by uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.

japanese and korean vehicles will run forever if properly maintained and are relatively inexpensive to fix if anything goes wrong.
get a honda tho

take over permissions for the folder

Gotta hand it to T10, drivatars are pretty close to what online racing is like with actual people.

No I'm not. You only need basic garage tools and a bit of aluminum sheets and/or wood blocks, also a metal rod for shifter, a bunch of pots and microswitches, and a couple of pre-made USB gamepad-compatible controller boards. Cut out your pedals and shifter, assemble the shit, wire it up to your boards. Now you have pedals and shifter that work as two gamepads, one with three axis and the other with 8 buttons. The only hard part about it is making the physical shit out of basic materials. Make a handbrake too, while you're at it.

They would've had so much more popularity if only they weren't trying to squeeze every last cent out of it. This is why we can't have nice things.

Wow that looks like shitty photoshop effects. Where's the damage, too?

No, the real hard part is to make it compatible with most games that only support a single input device. Unless you make your pedals compatible with whatever wheel unit you have, which is basically a matter of wiring.

On the other side of the car, though you might see a bit of bending on the front splitter because on the previous lap one of the bots decided to park in the hairpin. They're really troubled by this turn, maybe because the 908 spins if you blow on the throttle pedal.

But overall damage visualization is pretty mild. I never managed to crash out of a race despite flipping once at Eau Rouge or purposefully going head on into walls. Moderate taps will break the suspension and the brakes and make the car very unstable under braking but it's not very graphic. It's a bit of a shame.

Nigger are you for real? You were going to get a better wheel than G27/29 and only use it for shitty games that won't even support multiple input devices? Why the fuck you even need a wheel for such a piece of shit game that's 100% guaranteed to only get hindered by a realistic input instead of a gamepad. iRacing, LFS, rFactor, etc., they all support multiple input devices, but you apparently not going to play these. What a fucking waste of a human being.

I guess the damage model only accounts for components but not for frame. In iRacing it's piss easy to completely destroy your car by nose-bumping anything, even if it doesn't seem like you were going that fast.

I'm not actually the person interested in getting an expensive toy steering wheel but okay.

There's probably a bit of damage tolerance to make public lobbies a bit less unbearable, plus car manufacturers like Ferrari that may not enjoy seeing a LaFerrari with most of its parts missing.

Who gives a shit about car manufacturers. They were paid to give away the license to use model of their car in a game, now they can fuck right off.

It might be the same issue as with LFS: frame damage model is simply poor, and there's nothing else to it. It's sortakinda not important since you're not supposed to damage anything, but in a world of motorsport where hard contact is to be expected, consequences of contact should be fleshed out.

Jesus fuck you're the epitome of a simautist. WAAH YOURE SUCH A WASTE OF SPACE FOR WANTING TO PLAY CERTAIN TYPES OF GAMES THAT I DONT LIKE WAAH YOU SHOULD CARVE YOUR OWN WHEEL FROM A LOG THAT YOU CUT DOWN WITH YOUR BARE HANDS. How about you stuff that self-righteous mcgayver attitude up you ass and choke on it. There is definitely room for a high end wheel for games that aren't the fucking highest of the high end simulations. Good luck getting your shit ass selfmade piece of junk working with a game like Forza Horizon 3 or Dirt Rally for example.

So DF just released the Horizon 3 PC vs Xbone graphics comparison.
youtube.com/watch?v=dDG2R1yIuHU
I'm not going to embed it because that's reserved for daily eurobeat and I'm autisic.

Candyland*

so is there gonna be a group for forza?

I don't see why not. Forza has clubs within the game so it shouldn't be hard to organize things at all.

Companies still have to follow out the rules discussed in the license in order to keep their content in the game. TDU2 had this by Ferrari being mad that players were painting Ferraris everything but red, so they made an update that forced all Ferraris to not able to be paintable or customizeable in order to keep Ferrari cars in the game.

It's also why many games have very mild visual damage, because a car manufacturer doesn't want their car represented as some bent up banger.

well, for what it's worth my gamertag is DonFrancisco92, I'll be playing on PC

That 60 FPS man. Driving games just don't look right without it.

Feels bad man. Also this fucker is in Horizon 3, wonder how it handles.

it's both imo. Yes the driving sucks, but the customized cars look unrealistic as hell. Games don't have to be 100% realistic, but nfs:u u2 and carbon had just totally weird looking vehicles.

Nigger have it not occurred to you that absolute majority of car-sim peripherals come as separate units? The wheel usually comes with pedals, but the handbrake, the shifter (both of them), and the auxiliary controls box(es) do not; G25 series being sole exception that comes with pedals, shifter and rudimentary controls box as a single unit, and even then it still doesn't have a handbrake nor extension ports to accept USB controllers and fake them being part of the setup.

So your notion of the whole setup being a single unit is completely fucking moot since it's simply nonexistent; even if you buy G25 series wheel you're still shit out of luck if you want a handbrake, both sequential and H-pattern shifter, or a controls box that isn't a fucking pile of shit. Which is to say, the games that won't take into account such elementary thing about car-sim peripherals are automatically normalfag-tier trash. Since, let's be honest here, the sole reason for them not to support multiple controllers simultaneously is because normalfags wouldn't care since they'd only use a gamepad or XBox steering wheel in best case scenario, so it's OK if they cut corners on such basic things. It's like CoD of racing games, except worse. You should be ashamed of yourself for even playing it, let alone for taking it seriously.

I have mentioned earlier iRacing and how the car can get completely fucked up, getting scratched and bent all over and with parts falling off, and they use nothing but laser-scanned real life race cars. They let you use custom skins on all cars, too - manufacturer stickers (i.e. fake headlights and grill) and motorsport regulations mandated paint marks are obligatory though, they get overlaid on top of your custom paint. Project Cars has very detailed frame damage model as well and car damage looks very graphic, don't know about custom skins though. So clearly it's possible to negotiate your own terms.

In theory that would work, but manufacturers know how much of a good marketing medium video games are. Some are more anal than others, some don't care much.

For example, I've yet to see a game with licensed Ferrari cars that crash in a meaningful way.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Well I decided to take the splash and get Redout. Holy fuck, I have missed this. Wipeout and F-Zero fucked and had a baby.

those pics are like exactly what I meant.

The front looks weirds, the rims are weird (not unrealistic, but just ugly). That weird part behind the door.

It's imo way to exaggerated. I prefer Forza in that regard. Also painting cars is pretty decent in Forza.

youtube.com/watch?v=LSAtLPkO7y4

Oh, and I forgot to mention there's even a podracer style craft.

someone here have city pop music?

Didn't say what settings they were using and the Xbone version has 4xMSAA (Because Playground are fucking insane) so it looks weird

Gamersyde put up some videos with the new Nvidia Game Ready drivers installed. Only minor drops at 1440P Ultra settings on a GTX 1080

archive.is/RGpjy

Most PC sites are saying game looks great and is well optimised. But Ultra Settings need a really good rig and you need to turn on Dynamic Optimisation to get the best out of it.

lighting looks so much better on xbone
shadows look so much better on pc
what the fuck

Search or 70s-80s japanese city pop/funk on youtube, or alternatively future funk if you want more fast paced.

youtube.com/watch?v=94DMSZDzBtU

i get longplays over an houre. I was looking for some mega links of a nice playlist to downloade.

Did you not watch until the end of the video? They brought up the video settings with what they were using.

Over 300 replies already?
Wow, these threads are going fast

Yeah between The Crew, FH3 and some antigrav autismo we're at full speed. Not that long ago threads lasted for weeks, now 4 days and it's over.

Has anyone played the last 2 Forza games? How are they compared to the first ones? I assume there are less cars now, didn't it at some point have like 200 or 500 cars?

Also how is damage, handling and customizing? Did they downgrade the game lately? I think you guys said that Forza Apex or whatever the one was called that got released for pc, turned out bad.

Forza Motorsport 4 was the apex (no pun intended of the series) because it was able to build off of two previous games worth of content. Forza Motorsport 5 was extremely barebones on release (it didn't even have Nurburgring on release, but a lot of this can be attributed to a rushed release by Microsoft and a desire by Turn10 to update all the assets to reflect the leap in hardware, as opposed to what Polyphony did with Gran Turismo 5 and 6 where they ported over 100's of cars from GT4 and it really showed.

Motorsport 6 on the Xbox One (not the f2p Windows 10 release) is really content heavy though, they finally added rain and night races, the track count, while still not as high as Gran Turismo, is much better, and thanks to the cooperation between Turn10 and Playground, there's a much larger selection of cars to chose from. The simulation model in Motorsport 5/6, while still not as accurate as say Assetto Corsa, is still more accurate than the last gen Forza games.

Overall, I'd say Forza, both Motorsport and Horizon, have just been getting more content heavy with each release. And Apex definitely wasn't a bad release, it was just a F2P game and it showed in the lack of content.

That is nice to hear. I just hope they don't fuck up the pc version.

I'd recommend reading the thread. Someone already posted a link to a PC comparison video. By all accounts, the PC release is going to be just as well put together as Motorsport 6 Apex was.

IMO it turned out pretty well, despite the obvious lack of content. It runs pretty well, looks amazing and drives really well if not a full blown sim.

For free it's an okay first bite into the world of Forza as well as a way to test if the engine runs correctly on your computer but it most likely won't capture your attention for long.

Still the comfiest thread on Holla Forums though. It's nice being able to talk about vidya in a thread without someone shitposting it to death exclusively because a poster had a good opinion about an modern/upcoming game

Probably because from what I can see people mostly agree with each other. You don't have this in the other threads, like you get a arena shooter thread and like 1 out of 4 people in that thread hate arena shooters and are only there to flame others.

I'd say people in this thread are not as irrational as the rest of Holla Forums, so while there are different opinions the discussion doesn't degenerate in flame wars

Do consider too that not many people play racing games compared to something like arena shooters. Even cars themselves are a niche hobby so it's the same reason why >>>/o/ gets no traffic.

Also there are very few racing games coming out at all.

This too. For other vidya you see several releases a year in the genre, meanwhile with racing it's one to two releases a year. There has been more games that came out in the past 2 years though so maybe it might come back.

That's a good point too. Even at the current speeds the threads are going we are still one of the slowest active generals here, and slow tends to have more quality if only because it takes an hour for someone to respond to your shitpost versus a minute in a thread on arena shooters or RPGs or whatever

Also for those interested in auto company autism Automation has its lite campaign thing in open beta now. No idea on the crack yet. Its actually been available since last week but posting errors with the captcha kept fucking over my attempts to announce it

If anyone wanna cruise in the crew I will be sitting pretty for a bit in the racing channel of that Holla Forums/endchan mumble.

I mean this one: steamcommunity.com/groups/AutoGamesCoalition#announcements/detail/816664063407960905

ALSO STOP REMOVING ME FROM STEAM SJ. IT AINT FUNNY YOU'RE MY BRO. WE RACED TOURING CARS TOGETHER.

why is the crew so shit bros?

4th fucking time downloading this shit

im going to hit a fucking data cap at this point

Outside of that, I'm not sure who you are. I purged most of my friends after getting frustrated with the TF2 general.

If you're still on in an hour I'll hop on though.

I like it. It really depends on what you expect out of it. I just wanted a TDU successor, and it felt nice enough.

Also bumping with a dank whoolie from my baiku.

Yeah I will, and it's GFin.

yipes, glad my isp doesn't care about that too much
do you have another hard drive you could try dl'ng/installing it to?

I think the crew is pretty good especially for free

what is your major complaint?

rx7 is expensive as fuck and you can only use one mod

my ISP doesn't care ether but i just downloaded 50 Gbs 4 times that's 200GBs in a day.

whats crazy is that it looks like the store keeps the "broken" downloads on the computer

ie if i download 30 gb of 50gb and the download brakes the 30 gb file is still "somewhere" on the drive when it starts back up redownloading.

maybe the disk cleanup program will find it.

it's a rotary car.. did you not want them to be realistic?

yeah make sure to do all the temp folders and maybe look around your appdata..good luck

Ah, okay. I know some people who joined the group don't actually come here regularly like migrants from 4/o/.

Checked the mumble, says nobody is there. Since my Wednesday night television show is starting in a few minutes I won't be back for another hour. If anyone is playing The Crew when I get back I'll join.

Welp, I was in the wrong mumble. Oh well.

It happens. Maybe tomorrow or something. Going to try entering the abyss wonderful world of transferring rFactor 2 between three computers.

i live in a south american shithole and i have 2MB down 1MB up with no data cap, what's your excuse?

Not him, but I live just north of the south and can't get anything above DSL, wouldn't be surprised if Verizon throttles our shit.

[insert Carlos]

sooo what does everyone use as input device?
xbox360 controller here

ok downloaded the preinstall i saw that there new nivida drivers so i played apex a bit after downloading them. (apparently both apex and H3 use the same engine)

never goes below 70 fps. i was hoping for 120+ but that's asking to much from a port I guess.

what vidya card you running?

Do you enjoy Driving? Can you afford something better? Are you doing anything other then going to work and back (With the odd trip to a fast food joint). If you answered No to any of these Questions then YES to the corolla

Sorry I have to be the one to tell you this but people do hateful things to cars, regular shitboxes in particular. And while you have the option of going full garish fiber glass monstrosity you can do it right.

1080 overclocked, funny the card doesn't even boots when i run forza, it doesn't see the game as a game.

boost*

eh. wait for another round of drivers or a patch or both

i don't think it will ever happen remember the MS store games don't and will never support SLI they are seen as "apps" by the system.

360 controller and a thrustmaster t150

and i assume they're strictly DX too.. weak

come on faggot the file size limit wasn't upped so you could post the same shitty webms

yes, they only use DX12. im assuming that they may not even be ports, like the PC is just emulating the xbone

Apparently the new windows packaging standard is shared by the xbox one and so games can be easily ran on either platform with either no or little adjustments, at least it's what microsoft is marketing

Forza Horizon 2 has to have the worst rubberbanding or cheating AI. The cars are significantly faster than me in a straight line but I'll fuck them up on turns. I'm playing on unbeatable difficulty, but even the second highest difficulty I get this shit. I even maxed out a cars power but the AI scales with you. I can't possibly squeeze out any more power, all I can do is change gear ratios for faster acceleration. Forza Horizon 1 had the perfect AI, they were really challenging but fair, this is just plain cheating. I hope they didn't fuck this up with Horizon 3.

They probably did. It's an arcade game after all. RIP

Downloaded Store files are in X:\WindowsApps or C:\Program Files\WindowsApps depending on which drive you install the game on. Try different drives if you can, or back to C:\ if you're trying an alternate drive.

X1 and G27

Except they are seen as games by the Nvidia driver. I don't know why 36b5c4's GPU doesn't boost but they are definitely detected by the driver. Otherwise I'd have to play the game on an Intel HD4600 and even if the Intel GPUs improved over the years, I don't think it can do [email protected]/* */ on F6.

And FH3 is OpusPG

Opinions on Grid Autosport?

The first GRID is still the best, no DLCs bullshit to speak of and the sequels are basically that game only fancier looking

Page 14, see you next OP

Made a new thread.