Why were Spaghetti Westerns better than American Westerns? Did Hollywood ever try?

Why were Spaghetti Westerns better than American Westerns? Did Hollywood ever try?

not in the 50s and 60s they didn't

Becouse Hollywood was always in it for the safe money while the rest were genuinely interested in the cowboy culture and therefore willing to risk it.
Plus it was cheaper to shit Westerns in other places.

Westerns are boring tbh

Those John Wayne westerns are unwatchable trash.

that's what I keep telling my dad, but he refuses to listen

John Wayne anything is garbage, and most of it boiled down to Hays Code watchdogs at the time and Hollywood playing it safe.
I don't think we had anything Western that was memorable until The Magnificent Seven (watch Seven Samurai instead) and the Dollars trilogy.
I for one am glad that Westerns in the classic sense are dead as a genre. I wish the same could happen to country music.

All Italian movies were better than Hollyjew, their slasher films were better as well.

Many would find the generic western to be boring, but Twilight Westerns are never boring. They're cutting edge and will always surprise you.

Fuck off, pleb.

John Wayne thought Clint Eastwood was a fag.

I spotted the kike.

grow up.

probably because he fucked him

Very overrated film tbh. I’ve seen lots of John Wayne films and, while they were all enjoyable, I don’t see how this is any better than any of the others. His character is a huge asshole throughout the film(the sequence with Wayne’s son is shitty) and when he spares the girl at the end it’s unclear why.

You'd be amazed how much foreigners idolize the Wild West.

That movie is fucking shit.
One of the biggest disappointments after high noon. The only good think is the river chase/shooting scene.

Clint Eastwood was a fag indeed. Franco Nero is the real man. Terrence Hill and Guilianno Gemma are the real men as well, they did all their own incredible stunts. Tony Anthony didn't wash his hair for weeks and had to wear a pair of painful contact lenses in the middle of the desert. Clint was a fag in comparison.

Only Sergio Leone's. He was a goddamn revolutionary genius. The rest were just b-movies, maybe fun but that's it.

Is cuckoldry the ultimate amerimutt fetish?

That isn’t the plot. A little girl is captured and raised as a savage and two guys go to rescue (or kill) her. They follow the tribe for years.

Leone's westerns were silly and over the top in their own respect. His films surely were some of the best spaghetti western has to offer with great soundtrack and production value, but not the best. I consider pics related to be better than anything made be Leone.