I feel like Dark Souls 3 never came out. Is it really that forgettable?

I feel like Dark Souls 3 never came out. Is it really that forgettable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H-fplak7u44
darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Abyss_Seal
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It has been the same shit since demon's souls and dark souls, which is a demon's souls ripoff spiritual successor. Souls franchise has been milked to dust.

The only thing I like anymore about the Souls games are the exquisite armor and weapons.

Seriously wish other RPG/Medieval games had that magic. Everything else about the Souls is unappealing to me, frankly.

I keep forgetting it actually came out. I don't even see "muh dark souls hardest gaem evarrr XDDDDD" reddit types talking about this shit.

Honest thoughts on Dark Souls 3? I loved it but it's clear that FromSoft are tired of the series after going at it for so many years

too linear, not enough build variety, fucking needing one mana pool for skills and spells.
i actually prefer ds2 at this point. they're at least of the same overall quality.

Try Severance. Another mocap animation swords games with flinch mechanics and multiple classes. Chivalry is great too.

It's a rehash. Everything from graphics, combat, art direction, and bosses are rehash.

It sounds like a case where they're victims of their own success.

It's cause Dark Souls 3 is a game thats largely good for only a single playthrough. Maybe 2, maybe. Contrast this with Dark Souls 1 & 2, which each on their own were good for a few dozen playthroughs due to weapon variety, and a decent poise system that made most weapons useful, as well as pvp being decent with most weapons, though there were some ridiculous builds or weapons themselves. And DS2 had a pretty good NG+ incentivizing multiple playthroughs. Really when you get down to it DS3 is a forgettable game because unlike its predecessors it lacks the replayability and difficulty of the others. It's like some shitty triple A title you play once and never touch again.

the changes to the poise system ruined the game for me tbh, as well as the overly aggressive enemies akin to bloodborne and the shitty covenants. It's like they took the worst of DS1, DS2, and Bloodborne and mashed them all together for DS3.

DS2 is better. While the story of DS2 is kinda shit, well what passes for story in a dark souls game anyway, I liked it. And its gameplay was top notch for a dark souls game. They kept a good feel of clunky combat, to show the weapons were heavy, while having decently smooth rolling, and a lot of build variety between the different weapons and armors with actual decent poise system. DS2's biggest issue was the shit covenants, and the only thing that made up for it a little bit was the arena.

Special note that DS2 did NG+ amazingly. With the increased difficulty as well as the new armors, upgraded armors and spells as well as the new enemies and boss interactions in NG+ added a lot to the experience.

The only thing Dark Souls 3 has going for it as far as im concerned is that it has nice aesthetics and decent immersion. But other than that every thing is too streamlined and fast like bloodborne, theres very little build variety with the shit poise system, they somehow managed to make covenants WORSE, and New Game+ sucks.

How?

That's not what victim means.

In a way they are, or at least miyazaki. It's obvious From wanted another Dark Souls sequel due to the first 2's success as well as demon souls, but Miyazaki wanted Bloodborne, so he added in a bunch of Bloodborne into his Dark Souls game. And odds are they'll never stop making them when they need money, he's probably cursed like Kojima was with MGS.

Does Namco have a contract with From?

Pretty sure From is owned by Namco.

It is cause FromSoft had a one hit wonder when it came too Dark Souls and now every fan-boy is in denial that the series is actually pretty shitty in the end.

I played up to the last boss but i didn't even kill him, i didn't even bother finishing it. Don't get me wrong, i liked the game, but for some reason i lost all will to continue playing. I did some pvp before quitting and i think that was the final nail in the coffin of my enjoyment, it was so shit with no weapons variety, bad mechanics, overpowered and underpowered things like rapiers and magic.

Overall it was an average game, 6.5/10 at best, because 'from' is too retarded to balance a game without listening to pvp babies and their complains.

Mandela effect of vidya? Are you sure it ever came out? Perhaps your memories of DS3 are just combination of previous souls games.

I keep getting this feeling they ended up using the Bloodborne engine to get the improved mechanics and graphics, but couldnt alter it in time to accommodate for DS3, as well as make all the required enemies, which is why they have the Abyss Watchers in there, who scream Bloodborne, as well as other more lovecraftian enemies, and the increased aggression playstyle enemies typical of Bloodborne. It'd also explain the failed poise mechanics they didnt fully implement. Or maybe theyre just too stupid to understand their game and core audience, considering how they somehow managed to make covenants worse than Ds2's horrible covenants.

Because the PvP is boring and lame but everything's not super-shitty like in Dark Souls 2 and we're no longer suprised

Every time i see a souls thread on Holla Forums i keep thinking i should post something as i've been monitoring the evolution of the game patch by patch and all the little things they've changed and the main mechanical problems of the game itself and so on.

But then i remember these are souls threads on Holla Forums so who the fuck am i writing these posts for?
The fucking souls community?
They're shitheads.
The souls community on Holla Forums?
Even worse, it's the single worst community on the entire goddamn internet.
So what's the point?
What's the point of even having souls threads on here anymore? Every single person in them is a certified shitheads, the entire community is the laughing stock of everyone else.

Just fuck this, fuck all of you, why am i even wasting my time with this shit.

I liked it; I ended up usurping the flame on my only playthrough, and felt that it was a good way to end.

DS3 is not having the same legacy as the other games because:

1. It's the third sequel which means we already know a lot about the mystery about the world
2. The areas are connected for the most part linear which makes repeat playthroughs feel exactly the same
3. Builds are under developed due to it's linear connectivity which locks off weapon variety early in the game
4. You are at a disadvantage when it comes to certain builds making replayability limited
5. In general variety is limited when it comes to gear compared to past games which makes the game less interesting

These key points is what's stopping DS3 from becoming legendary. If the five lords (Ludleth should have been a boss or at least there should had been a 5th lord of cinder as a boss) could be taken on in any order before one another, the replay value would have be ten fold. It amazes me that after Demon Souls and Dark Souls 1, FromSoft either forgot what made those games so good or it open ended level progression was a fluke. There could be a third as in someone was a key person on level connectivity until the left FromSoft, though I very much doubt it considering DS3 has some of the best level design in the SoulsBorne series.

excuse me?

The thing I ended up liking the most about it was the fucking story, so something went wrong, yeah. Lot of beautiful looking areas that made for fairly shallow challenges and exploration once you actually saw them up close. Fucking irithyll, what a letdown.

I've had some good times on the Souls series.

Like that one time I slaughtered a bunch of faggots cosplaying LoK characters.

that was fun

they keep saying that poise "works as intended" because now poise is supposed to work in conjunction with hyperarmor, but thats bullshit

why would they change a well established core value of the game like that? why is it that you can roll 6 times with the stamina bar from the beginning of the game instead of the usual 3? they just made bornesouls 3, its bloodborne with a paint coat of dark souls, the story sucked, and the character questlines were just fucking bullshit impossible to figure out.

bring back fucking kings field, or let team B make another souls because 2 was the best of the series as far as offline goes.

Beat it to completion, fine game, but my least favorite of the trilogy. It's so unoriginal in how it retreads Dark Souls 1 beat for beat at times and heavily borrows assets from Bloodborne.

I called this when I found out the game was co-developed at the same time as Bloodborne, and I hate that it's exactly what happened. It's actually my least favorite aspect of the game. I really wish Bloodborne hadn't had such an influence on it.

What kind of faggot hell is this shit?

We get it, you're on drugs.

I feel like no games have come out since 2012 they've all been that forgettable

It's unfortunate that iframes were attached to agility, and that's a legitimate complaint, but the silver lining is that you can get better iframes beyond Dark Souls 1 fast roll with high enough agility.

And besides, it's still a good game.

Because the bosses have been ramped up in terms of speed and attack frequency. I consider this an improvement overall (skill and positioning over stat exploitation and boring boss battles) as I'm mainly a PvE guy but the complaints on this subject is mainly from the PvPers.

Just keep in mind that while PvP is important to the Souls games, it's secondary to PvE.

Demon Souls didnt have the atmosphere down quite pat like in Dark Souls.

lack of poise is why i haven't even bothered to pirate 3. staggered in full havels by literally anything in 1 hit, retarded as fuck.

Wut? Every area in Demon Souls drips with atmosphere. Valley of Defilement is still the best cesspool of shit out of all the games.

it was pretty solid, it was doomed to never live up to its hype though

had some pretty great bosses this time though, champion gundyr and nameless king are pretty fucking memorable

I wouldn't say ds2 is better, I maintain that 2 and 3 are about the same overall, but each do certain things better or worse.
2 is terrible in level design. the control responsiveness is awful, the combat speed is much too slow, but …. it tastes like more. i've played through ds2 so many times as so many characters. recently i made a dual fume ultra greatsword power stanced character: it one or two-shots everything. you can't even dual wield ultra greatswords in ds3, there's no capacity for unusual combinations and builds.

3 might edge ahead if it's dlc is any good. if it's anything like the ds2 dlc, then this is probable.

try playing offline, also hitboxes have been greatly improved after updates
and ds3 hitboxes aren't good, they are just biased FOR you instead of AGAINST you
youtube.com/watch?v=H-fplak7u44

at the end of the day, DS2 has the most content out of all dark souls games (3 whole DLCs instead of 1) and also the best NG+ in the series that isn't just a skyrim hardmode, who can forget the extra 2 pyromancers in the last sinner? that was a bloody good challenge.

i'll give you that the story wasn't as relevant, and the whole elevators thing was fucking retarded (there might be some space is convoluted bullshit right there), but overall, its a game that provides the player with at least 3 times more hours of entertainment than dark souls 3, and at least 50% more time than dark souls 1. also i personally never had a problem with bad controls because i played every game offline so thats pretty much a void complaint

das2 battle speed is pretty much the same as 1 or demons souls, the only game with a faster tone is 3, and its mostly because some bosses intentionally delay their attacks to catch you off guard at the non-iframe part of your roll, but you can either get the timing correctly or roll spam and pray you get the iframes at the right time.

there's no place in the entire series with better atmosphere than tower of latria and the valley of tim buckley, if there is any game that had the atmosphere right, it was demons souls.

Fuck off, OnlyAfro.

not unless they've removed 3rd person and instant rotation since I last attempted to play it and found all the servers empty

I am wondering how hard this new content will be since I am on new game +5.

Kadokawa Games owns them actually. Bamco owns the license for Dark Souls in the west though.

I wanted Dark Souls 3 to be a blend of DaS1 and Bloodborne.

Instead we got a blend of DaS2 and Bloodborne.

I want my fucking poise back. Better yet, I want a Demon's Souls sequel not made by the B-Team.

ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND YOU THAT THEY CUT OUT THE PLANNED HUMAN SACRIFICE BONFIRES MECHANIC

i wanted das3 to be a mix of demon souls and das 2, instead i got a shitmix of dark souls 1 and bloodborne.

What? Multiple mechanical traits of Dark Souls 2 made their way into 3. It feels nothing at all like 1. not even fucking close.

Sequels to a SoulsBorne game is one of the major problems user so no, no fucking Demon Souls sequel because it will never be as good as the original and will weaken the legacy of the original. Taking one look at the Dark Souls trilogy shows this.

If Sony hadn't gone full retard, we would have had a good Demon's Souls sequel, and Dark Souls wouldn't exist. That could have been great.

There have been basically 5 souls games in 7 years. The first two are held so high because they were fresh when they came out. The rest were just the same old thing that everyone got enough of with the first 2, not to mention it's debatable whether they actully improved the games as they went along. Basically if they stopped at the first Dark Souls game, which released in 2011, and released nothing else, and dark souls 2 came out this year, it would have been regarded as a masterpiece.

If Dark Souls 2 came out this year, and was exactly the same game we've had this entire time, it would still be considered shit. Because it was shit.

Time means nothing.

The SoulsBorne series is better off having three different universes instead of just one. Sony's blunder was a massive asset to the legacy of the whole collection.

the story of 3 is a continuation of 1, and the gameplay is that of bloodborne.

what exactly of 2 passed over to 3? nothing

hating 2 became a meme, its the same kind of reasoning people hate ff8, because at the time it wasn't the same as 6 so the oldfags hated it, and it wasn't the same as 7 so the newfags also hated it. neither of these people can evaluate games from an objective stand point.

DS2 would be my favorite if it hadn't been for the constant nerfing of every type of magic until you could barely justify doing a playthrough as a caster any longer. That's not to even get into how the DLC for it had completely fucked resistances, sunken king is pretty much a no-go for pure casters, you either get a weapon (and a good one at that, since everything has retarded poise) or you'll have a god-awful time running through it.

Yes, unfortunately even the meme creators are subject to the consequences of their creations. Right now being a hipster that hates everything because things are perfect meme has controlled Holla Forumsirgins since 2010 at the least.

Alsanna is heavily tied to the Profaned Capital, plus Mirrah is tied to Undead Settlement and two NPC's

And anyway it appears that DS2 isn't even in the same location as Lordran/Lothric. Drangleic is shaping up to be the location of Thorolund with the Way of White being heavily tied to Nito, as in they are in league with the god.

I've enjoyed all Souls games.

For some reason I can't fucking post my reply text.

magic was always shit ever since they removed the mana bar. at least bornesouls 3 brought it back like it should be.

however, magic and miracles were heavily nerfed iirc, i remember the sunlight spear miracle had 20 casts, and post-nerf only 3. they should have made it something like 8 casts or 10, 3 was just way too damn little.

Dark Souls 3 was a let down and the weakest of the series.

The limited carry items system was a big improvement (although a lot of items need more on hand carry space like dung pies). It basically fucks over mules that can't spam 99 humanities/divine blessings/mushrooms like in DaS1. The weapon upgrade system helps to prevent twinks but the password system and invaders using estus (since you can invade the High Wall with 7 +10 estus against people who have 3 +0 estus) undoes any anti-twink mechanic they had.

You can do a pure caster run in Dark Souls just fine, pyromancer and miracles might require some extra work but it was never at the point of a basic enemy getting hit with the strongest spell you had and taking 200 fucking damage, they really dropped the ball by trying to balance 2 for PvP. There's also all the buffs that didn't stack anymore to balance PvP and make PvE bland all over again, at least in 1 you could get creative with retarded glass cannon builds or ways to stack different sorts of things to your own advantage.

Well you can just go into the fucking files and fix it since apparently they turned off poise as a last second addition.
DaS3 was such a rushed and botched production you can see evidence of it everywhere.

Uh no, you have to use Cheat Engine to get poise back, but then you can't play online without a dingdong bannu.

How is this a problem.

The original idea behind Pyromancy was that it's a form of "magic" that anyone can use if they feel like, because it's just manipulation of nature and not something more advanced.

But now with pyromancy you have to have heavy investment in both intelligence and faith for you to have the full arsenal viable and considering spells are considerably weaker than past games and have limited casts, it makes pyromancy not worth the investment.

This is what happens when the PvP community fucks up the game with their complaints. They rather nerf something into irrelevence rather than fix it and then complain that the game is boring because their is no variety. Souls PvP community is cancer.

Because you can't twink with it or go full Quality minus the points needed for the attunement slots and shit out ridiculous damage or now apply a free buff.

Do you mean Lightning Spear and Great Lightning Spear? The bread and butter for most classes remained unchanged except for LS/GLS and fire (since the fire infused longsword at the start of the game carried shitty players through the game so instead of removing that sword they buffed every enemy's fire resistance).

Dark orb and the soul arrow series still do good damage if you wanted to be a caster.

Originally LS/GLS were OP since most bosses were weak to lightning (DSP was carried through the game by them), so they nerfed LS/GLS in both damage and lowered casts by more than half so 8 casts before and 3 now. The damage these did was pitiful especially for their cast amount so they were suppose to buff them damage wise to account for the lower casts. Instead FROM nerfed them AGAIN so now they do even less damage. Emit force is better than GLS and Sunlight Spear still does a lot since it is untouched.

Are you kidding? DaS2 had the most variety with covenants.
DaS1 had 3 types:

DaS2 had 5 types:

It loses its uniqueness, the point of pyromancies were they could be usable at any level but not having good stats nerfed their damage. With them requiring stats now they are just another flavor of damage dealing sorceries/miracles.

This also affects build variety as pyros now have builds that look more like sorcerers and clerics which are also interchangable with their spells since they meet the requirements (as they need those stats for the pyromancies).

It also means less options unless you invest meaning more samey builds. In DaS1/2 I could be a quality build and still use some pyromancies with a couple of points in attunement, now that isn't an option with a lot of pyromancies so I have less options.

I got a kick out of DeS pvp because of how "unbalanced" the weapons were. You'd always face the same few weapon choices, so using something outside that box and winning felt really great.

I love killing 2kats and Cleaverfags with the Great Axe.

That's a funny joke user.

Nah, LS and GLS were good but I meant sorceries and hexes (ESPECIALLY HEXES), the dark magic ring which used to buff them up by like 70% was lowered to 20% even though it also has a negative effect (I believe it makes you use some health per cast? I don't remember off the top of my head). Something like Soul Spear which was incredible in DS and could be used to murder strong enemies or saved for bosses couldn't even compare to the end-game STR build's damage output, this isn't even considering the chicken wing, any ultra greatsword was just ridiculous

He's not wrong. DS3 is the worst of the series because its not really even a dark souls game. Its bloodborne in a wig.

DS2's main problem was its levels which didnt mesh well together, covenants and "story", which in a dark souls game is like complaining about lack of cutscenes in a kojima game. What DS2 did right was dark souls styled gameplay. The only thing bloodborne has going for it is aesthetic, immersion and "story". Frankly, whenever someone complains to me about story in dark souls 2 of all things I laugh, cause even in a game based on little to no story there are actually storyfags running around complaining about one conversation or two.

DS2's control responsiveness is fine. It's supposed to be harder and clunkier, every fucking dark souls game is like that. its supposed to simulate medieval combat. This streamlined bloodborne bullshit is one of the problems with DS3. If you want fast paced combat go play bloodborne and stop trying to ruin dark souls with it.

And DS3 does not even compare to DS2. Just look at communities. Already DS3 is dead, whereas right up until DS3 came out DS2 had been a vibrant community in pvp and pve. Comparing a game you only ever beat once or twice, to a game you beat dozens of times is laughable.

People like you and miyazaki are what ruined dark souls. Bloodborne is the cancer that killed dark souls. If I fucking wanted Bloodborne i'd have gotten it. I just wanted a dark souls game, instead I got bloodbornes retarded sister who likes to be choked.

Dont forget magic targetting now has a range of like 8-10 fucking yards, with bloodborne aggresive enemies. So now you're practically a meleemage with the most aggressive dark souls enemies ever. And sometimes you autoutarget for no fucking reason. Not to mention the scaling on magic, miracles and pyro practically killed spells on arrival. Fuck from and fuck miyazaki.

I miss Demon Souls in terms of build variety. Even now that game has more options in that department regardless of the fact that there are less moveset and less magic types. Mana should have acted like the stamina bar in Dark Souls with it increasing in size when you invest in attunement. This would have made pure faith/magic/pyro/hex build viable throughout the game without a melee weapon.

I didn't even bother pirating DS2 after the dynamic shadows from the trailer were revealed to not be in the game.
Yeah, sure.

DS2 lore is great though, the problem is that it's very disconnected from the original lore. The plot beiing convoluted is the biggest issue DS2 has story wise.

Compared to DaS3 or BB sure, but as someone who's put over 500 hours in both DaS1 and DeS making builds I can say that DaS1 has decisively more build variety. More weapon types, more options for scaling, more weapons in each category, more armor types (and a reason to use heavy armor which was pretty much useless in DeS), more equip burden breakpoints, and more balanced rings. There's also more strange items like using Velka's talisman for a high int low fth build that involves sorceries and miracles, or using the pierce/bonewheel/thorn shield as your primary weapon.

You havent been watching vaatividya again have you?

No, that was B-Team.

When I say I wanted it to be like Bloodborne, I meant in the graphical/atmospheric sense, with maybe a bit of interesting combat mechanic additions like the Trick Weapons. Weapon Arts tried to be Trick Weapons but failed, sadly.

Extra painful since the first quarter of the game is in fact filled with braziers that you can light but are completely pointless.

Funnily enough those are all also present in Bloodborn

The game really is a mash of everything bad with that BB and Souls games.
Except chalice dungeons, even From knew those were a mistake and single handedly dragged the game into complete shit

The thing I missed the most from 2 going into 3 were the attack animation cancels and i-frame backsteps. These two things alone made the Lance a practical and fun weapon to use. Using the Lance in 3 is basically suicide.

I dont even have a slight clue when it came out, I lost all interest in the series after 2 got downgraded without warning.

from software can suck a spiky dick in hell for trying that shit.

the responsiveness is not fine. you need to let your character complete animations or copmpletely exit menus before you can reliably input the next command.
play ds2, do some combat with a lot of rolling around attacks, then talk to the emerald herald a few times in majula.
now do similar in 3 and compare responsiveness. 3 is far superior in that regard.

the B team made a better souls game than miyazaki, and he had 3 attempts at it while the B team only had 1.

2 is much slower than 1 as well. play them more.

Dark orb and the soul arrow series are the bread and butter for their respective caster class and they do decent damage even before we add the clutch rings. The Abyss Seal ring (from the Pilgrims of Dark covenant) always increased dark damage by around 10% at the cost of 30hp, it never changed as far as I remember. Crystal Soul Spear and Soul Spear were always good but comparing them to UGS is just silly. UGS are slow as shit and consume heaps of stamina, not to mention they are heavy which reduces your stamina regen. Using powerstanced smelter sword's heavy attack gives some of the highest damage in the game but it leaves you with little stamina and heaps of recovery frames.

Not to mention you can no longer manually aim with binoculars, in DaS2 you could offhand a torch which increases your lockon range, that lockon range increase isn't present in DaS3.

This was obvious as the best way to play on release was R1 spamming a straight sword for PvE and PvP.

Lances and spears got a severe nerf in 3, they both really only have one move which is poke which is now slower in a game that is more fast paced.

I know that's you, OnlyAfro, you stupid fuck. You're the only one who likes DaS2

They fucked up big time by building DS3 off of Bloodborne.

Yeah but I'm not talking about quantity here, I'm talking about being able to be fully committed to builds like spells and only spells. In Demon Souls providing you stock up on old spice you can be a full mage. With Dark Souls having four classes of spells and all of them having offesive spells, you could have gone either pure faith/magic/pyro/hex providing the mana bar acted like the stamina bar. You could also then do mix ups like strength/hex, pyro/dex, faith/magic, you get the picture. It doesn't matter that Dark Souls has more items, the fact that spells have limited use until you rest at a bonfire is a big problem for build variety and ultimately replayability. A least Bloodborne got it semi right with silver bullets dropping regularly.

As for the likes of Velka's Talisman, the biggest issue I have with those type of catalysts is that you need massive investment in one stat and then a medium invest in the other for it to be worth using. If the minimum requirements to use catalysts were removed and they were all just based on scaling, it would make the likes of Velka's Talisman more interesting and vable to use.

dark souls was never meant to be fast, did you even play demon souls? you're supposed to think fast, not act fast, and wait for an opening to deliver your blows.

if you want fast, go play DMC or memeborne.

darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Abyss_Seal

I was wrong, used to be 20%, changed to 7%

Thing is you still have really long cast times for those powerful spells, and you only get to slot so many of them (some of which you don't even get multiples of until NG+ and ++ and so on), while a strength build can output higher damage in one hit than you can with your strongest spell that you can only even cast once anyway.

You can fuck off now.

Not really. It's more of trying to mash random assets from DS1 into places it doesn't make sense. I get its trying to make the DSfags squeal whenever they recognize a piece of shit on the floor but they overdid it in this game. I'm happy it's over though. BB was nice and hopefully no more sequels. Sequels are cancer. Except expansions.

It's objectively shit.

removing the mana bar was a mistake, for me, magic was non existant in das1 and 2 because of it.

as a pure mage, how are you expected to kill every enemy in an area (say, if you are exploring) with such a short amount of casts that do absolute shit damage until your stats are all in the 40's? i've played nothing but melee ever since. Pyromancies are also shit except for the occasional "utility" pyromancy, like Flash Sweat or Warmth which by the way, in dark souls 3? you can't get unless you play online because its a top-tier reward from the mound covenant, fucking stupid

So…yes really.

Dark Souls 2 only had one major flaw and that was the Soul Memory. Lots of things could have been done better, but that's the case in every game ever.

I don't know if this is bait but in case it isn't, you are using the word "objectively" wrong.

It's my least favorite in the series too and I generally don't like it, but most of its major problems aren't objective. They're just opinions that most people happen to hold.

FROM loves references/reusing old ideas. Tarkus' helmet is a head part from Armored Core, Patches is a character from King's Field, The Chief from ACV is a copy of Nineball, the moonlight sword is from Kings Field and shows up fucking everywhere, etc.

So, no. You are going to keep seeing that shit if you keep playing FROM games.

You can like a video game and not like all of it.

So is Seath.

Wow, you mean you gotta finish a roll or a swing attack with momentum before doing new things? Color me surprised, that in a game based on medieval combat it adheres to medieval combat!

Funny, B-Team made a game which still has nearly 100k players playing right now on pc. They also made the game with not only a higher rating than DS3, but higher rating on its game of the year edition too.

B-team ruined the covenants, and level designs that were great in DS1, DS3 and miyazaki killed the gameplay, and everything else.

He's right. Miyazaki made DS3, which is objectively the worst souls game to date. They shouldve kept him on Bloodborne and let someone else handle Dark Souls.

Retarded homages to the first and second game arent what ruined DS3. Its the disjointed combat and pacing as well as the broken poise in the Dark Souls world. You have gameplay and enemies suited to Bloodborne with armor and weapons suited to Dark Souls. In the end you end up with a shittier version of Bloodborne and Dark Souls. DS3 is like a skitso have an episode. It doesnt know what it is, and what it wants to do contradicts itself at every step. Is it no wonder the game gets played once or twice, then dropped?

Point to me a video game that is perfect, mr cuckchan.

DaS1 is my favorite game of all time but I could list dozens of problems with it if not hundreds if I really wanted to nitpick. Games aren't perfect and just because they have flaws doesn't mean they're bad.

I never got to play DeS so I never did miss that feature, though I know why it was "broken" and I think it was fine that way, since part of the fun in RPGs is overcoming obstacles and growing stronger, until you feel like you are vastly superior to enemies you faced before, and not just scraping by anymore.

Why are you being such a hurt little boy?

You can't be this retarded.

Nice try faggot. I came here with the rest of you. I was here before Mark made Holla Forums, asking questions about this site to Hotwheels on /meta/.

There is a difference between "This game has problems" and "Dark Souls 2 is a horribly shitty unredeemable mess through its entirety."

You shouldn't have come if you're argue like a cuck.

Whatever you say faggot.

I forgot about Seath. There are probably a ton that I don't know about, or forgot. I think the mushroom men that fuck people up are from Shadow Tower, but I can't quite remember. Point is, that shit is bread and butter for FROM; unfortunately, deepest lore fucks picked up on it.

The souls games are not good indications of combat. Those swings are fucking horrible, and some of the weapons are not nearly as heavy as the game makes them out to be.

If the souls games really wanted to have realistic "medieval" combat, they'd allow you to do way more retarded shit, like using a greatsword by the blade in order to slam the hilt on somebody's head

Wow, such compelling fallacies as "It's popular so it's good" and "it's not half shit it's only almost half shit, why don't you enjoy it?" is definitely going to prove me wrong

The combat is still grounded, apart from ultra swords, even if it's a realistic medieval combat of untrained shits swinging their weapons like children. With DS3 it uses the same combat from a completely different style of game, while trying to keep it medieval style combat. It doesn't work.

If the disjointedness of DS2 was such a big deal to people, the complete mess that is DS3 combat should be a cardinal sin and never ever fucking praised. The core of these games is the combat and DS3 has easily the worst combat of all Souls games.

Not sure where his logic is reaching at but if that's the case DeS would be the worst of them all with its niche fanbase.

Exactly.

In fact, 100k players on PC? Fucking where? I'd like so see a source on his numbers.

i play offline
poise was exactly the same as in das 1
actually, i do, have you ever played a kings field game? you're not supposed to beat the entire game using the same weapon
thats kind of the point of having items break faster
the only bad thing about the level design is the elevators
what exactly does this shit mean?
wow m8 you're fucking retarded, the weapons have the same moves as in das1, except maybe for some boss weapon that nobody gives a shit about
i play offline and pirated every game, DLCs included
you're drowning and splashing the water for something to grab on now.
i didnt boost a single point of adp, its a shit stat, learn to roll better
what does ADP have to do with raising your shield?

im gonna formulate 2 opinions here, one objective, and one subjective.

the objective opinion is this: you're basing too much of your opinion of DaS2 on PVP, PVP is an optional thing, its a spice on top of the game, you're tasting the spice and disregarding the dish

the subjective opinion is this: you have shit taste and are grasping at straws

>scraping
TRIGGERED

You're pointing at the wrong guy with the popularity deal, and I didn't say the game was perfect just that your comparison was garbage. Point me to a game that doesn't have a single flaw since you're clearly so superior then

Dark Souls 2 is so much better than 1 and 3 it isn't even funny. The only game in the series where they actually got the core mechanics right. And the only game with difficult enemy encounters, 1 on 1s are not hard past your first time fighting an enemy. Also if you need more than 88 agility, you might suck ass at video games.

And yeah, 3 is really disappointing. It has good bosses, a couple good levels and that's about it.

Onlynigger plz

Nope, things got changed, like the regeneration rate which was percentage based in Dark Souls 1 and a static 0.56 poise per second in Dark Souls 2.

The previous games had it just fine. An occasional break meant you break out the backup weapon if you couldn't fix it on the field. There was no need to change it. Not to mention that retarded double-speed break at 60fps bug that they took forever to fix. They just set themselves up for failure.

Just because you got the repair for free doesn't mean the change was good. In fact, it casualizes the process because now instead of making sure you actually expend souls on repair, as a deliberate choice versus leveling up or upgrading items, you just get it for free and never have to think about it.

The levels themselves are very short, and not interesting to explore. Nowhere near as interconnected as Dark Souls, which was a straight upgrade from Demon's Souls and it's a shame it was lost.

It means that enemies spin around like a top to try to prevent you from backstabbing, despite some enemies already haveing other more clever means to combat that such as the armor turtles mashing their backs into the ground. Is this your first Dark Souls 2 discussion on this site? It's a classic argument.

Go swing a Mace in Dark Souls 1, then go swing a Mace in Dark Souls 2. You don't get retarded spinny shit attacks in the first game. You get something heavy and weighted.

Alright fine.

The graphics are straight up ugly. There's no denying that, unless you are blind.

Err, maybe it was the Agility stat? One of them makes it so if you don't have points put into it, it takes longer for you to raise your shield to block something. It's just a dumb change that didn't need to be implemented, like a lot of changes in Dark Souls 2.

I did almost zero PVP, and in fact I know PVPers tend to like DaS2 because of it's many balance patches and build variety.

Yes, no game is perfect. I can point to problems in Demon's Souls despite the fact that I love it. Dark Souls 2 doesn't have a few problems here and there, it is UNREDEEMABLE SHIT.

Doesn't he only prefer it because of the pvp? I think pvp is a joke, and whatever magic it had is gone now. Either invasions or dueling, it was lightning in a bottle and the charm has worn off.

PVPfags everybody.

Do tell what was ruined.

translation: "i have shit taste and im grasping at straws"
"i dont know how to play and call the game shit when i can't win my way"
really? i didn't notice this because im good at the game unlike a certain crybaby im replying to.
i like to think before i rush towards an enemy you know? if i know im going to get blasted with arrows/magics i usually raise my shield beforehand, like anyone with common fucking sense, a microsecond delay difference won't change anything, complaining about this is like complaining about other random inane bullshit like "they put the crestfallen too far from the bonfire!"

tl;dr: you're grasping at straws too hard

disregard all the mistakes in das2, it still beats the other 3 games and memeborne from a gameplay perspective. Specially if you buy/pirate the Shclomo of the first Shekel version, which has a lot of upgrades.

I already listed a bunch of shit. You saw it.

The game just feels wrong. Mechanics that worked perfectly were changed for no reason, and made worse. Previously fantastic level design completely gone, replaced by amateur hour with no real art direction.

One of my favorite fucks ups in that game is how they managed to ruin plunge attacks. It has absolutely terrible hit detection now for no fucking reason. Where as before doing a plunge attack was basically a simple, reliable hitbox of death, now it has a nasty habit of watching your sword swing right through an enemy and do fucking nothing.

Also some enemies have this really nasty animation bug where they will get stuck in place for a moment and then instantly teleport forward at you with an attack, skipping all the telegraphing frames they would normally have. Not cool when you are farming for an armor set that you might not get because OH YEAH THEY CHANGED THAT TOO, ENEMIES DESPAWN NOW FOR SOME FUCKING REASON.

WEW FUCKING LAD

I don't even backstab bro, I'm just pointing out the stupidity of it.

Right.

You do realize that there are other scenarios where you would want to quickly put up your shield right? Like, swinging your weapon multiple times, then immediately blocking an incoming attack, especially from the multiple enemy groups that the game uses a lot (I'm not complaining about that, I enjoy fighting multiple enemies as long as it's not completely ridiculous). It just feels stupid to be forced to put points into a stat when previously it worked fine.

You really need to stop spewing meaningless cliches. I'm posting proper rebuttals and you are just whining that I am posting rebuttals.

Do you have any idea how retarded that statement is?
No it fucking doesn't. Only a PVPfag could like Dark Souls 2, but for people that actually like to replay the PVE over an over again, Dark Souls 2 is just an awful chore to slog through. Dark Souls 3 isn't great for replay but it's better than 2 in that regard by a margin.

I've played that version too. All it did was move around enemies and item locations, but it didn't help, because the level design is terrible so all you're doing is re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Well there ya go

you're over exagerating every little thing because you dont want to accept its the better game, that's grasping at straws.
only when you have shit taste, and look at that, you do. you're literally saying that the other 3 games whose NG+s have no change whatsoever are more replayable than the one game in the franchise that actually adds new enemies on NG+. thats how retarded you are.

and here's another strawgrasper

Sure thing bro. It was all in my mind.

I'm more of a "new character" kind of guy for my replays. Why would I want to stick to the same character build? Need variety.

Yeah this is me as well. Not only that but I don't like fighting enemies/bosses for longer just because the game ups the HP of the enemies on each NG. Personally for a real NG experience the enemies should behave with a more aggressive fighting style. Imagine your first playthrough fighting bosses like Iudex Gundyr but on the next playthrough the bosses fight like Champion Gundyr. That is the type of NG difficulty I want to see as it's simply more interesting.

youre retarded beyond down syndrome

Crash the industry already.

playing the best souls game atm.

Played through it twice, I don't really feel interested in playing it again.

wonder what vaatividya will do once hes finished making videos about ds3 because theres no lore left to talk about

It is the best game tho.

From a PvP standpoint.

Desperately talk about muh Souls-likes like last time.

People's opinions are so divided when it comes to Souls games, it's wonderful. It's like watching Final Fantasy fans argue about what game in the series they love/hate the most and no one reaches a consensus.

Every "Soulsborne" game is more or less on par with each other
inb4 >muh build variety

If you play games 24/7 it becomes oversaturated and blends together.
DS3 is easily GOTY 2016, and the best one in the series.

You are a cancer.

No, what feels wrong is DS3.

People do it because there is no dedicated medieval fantasy PvP game that isn't complete shit.
In this regard Souls series is the only thing you have.

What about Chivalry, Mountainblade and war of the roses?

Why did they suddenly make the greatwsword fuckhuge in 2 & 3?

1 on 1 combat is not even close to being as good as Souls in those games.

Aside from that you're right. WoTR isn't… awful?

New souls games don't have 1 on 1 either though user

Chivalry is garbage and WOTS is absolute irredeemable piece of shit.
M&B is on par with Souls overall, but it's very different game, more squad based and it doesn't have magic in it. Also pretty limited movest selection compared to souls.

Yeah, it was worth going to NG+ when you played Dark Souls 2, but it just isn't in 3. They put a bunch of rings in there, but nothing else actually changes.

Red phantom enemies, new npc invasions, more aggressive enemies, remixed placement…all of those could be done fairly easily and they'd make the game a lot more interesting. You could easily add a gimmick to some of the earlier boss fights to make them more interesting/challenging and worth going through again.

The PvP is shit. There is obvious cut content.

However, I enjoyed it. I just lost interest in PvP unlike I usually do.

This is the first time I've heard someone say that they thought Dark Souls had better atmosphere than Demon's. I'm curious which areas in Dark Souls you think did atmosphere better than the likes of the Tower of Latria or the Valley of Defilement.

Not that user, but one place I can think of that had decent atmosphere in DkS is the darkroot garden. I'm not saying DkS has better atmosphere's than DeS overall though

Have a look at Exanima.

If you played Dark Souls 2 on the MASTER RACE® system you can forget this series exists.

Japanese game franchise are all the same shit. Ussualy the second game of a japshit franchise is the best because they have a project scheme where the first one is just a prototype and the third one is just a cash grab so they can retire all rich with barely any more working to push it out. Asian jews are pro at this as they have been doing it for over 30 years.

So if you play the best one(2, ussually) with the best performance on the best platform(PC of course), you will miss literally nothing by completely avoiding the other games.

Ash Lake was also brilliant in regards to atmosphere, I think. Aside from that, Darkroot and Ariamis, though, no areas in Dark Souls just totally sucked me in like every one of Demon's Souls' did. Maybe that's a silly reason to prefer Demon's to Dark, but it's a large part of it for me.

I still play Demon's Souls sometimes just to go through Boletaria again. It, Anor Londo and Central Yharnam are the most well designed levels to grace the series, imo.

I just had a major hard on for the expansion setting, the library, painted world, user londo, and all the forest areas. Demon Souls just didn't have that settle touch to it, a lot of it felt faded and not that good. I did love the boss area of the giant flying mantis thing.

Oh fuck, yeah and Ash Lake.

Kill yourself, parasite

No. Your move.

Wait, what, we are talking about Dark Souls.

I think this video is a good explanation of the game's pros and cons.

Crying about poise is like a holding a giant sign that says I SUCK AT SOULS GAMES.

That's fair enough. I never got round to buying the expansion, though I hear it's the best part of the game.

meh, was looking for something to listen to in the background

I understand that it was a pile of shit upon released, but that pile of shit was polished to a most lustrous stool sample

none of those compare to Souls combat

This about the same reason I won't play DS2. I still haven't beaten it and I still haven't played its DLC. The game just doesn't control right for me plus it railroads you through the first hour or two of play.

You are right, Warband has better combat.

This year has been forgettable, man. I honestly can't name three AAA releases that came out this year.

PES 2017 FIFA 2017 and NBA 2k17

HAAA IT FUNNY BECAUSE THEY'RE AAA, BUT THEY SHIT

But that is good, now some guy in smoughs armor at level 4 can't cast an instant death wide threat range attack most characters at that level don't have the iframes to avoid. Even then with pyromancy you can still get a lucky one hit kill

I have not played three, but I agree with this except on one point. In Demon's Souls you could complete the areas in almost any order. This was not only more fun, but also had the added bonus of making it easier to acquire items for certain builds. This made it much more fun to just pick up and play even from a new character. For that reason alone I think DeS was the best one

I never played DS1 (I heard it has shit controls on PC) neither demon souls but I did play DS2 PC scholar of the first sin (got it on a steam sale).

I liked it - a lot.
The good:
The bad:

Forgot images.

It was ok but it had its issues
>Best girl

>Covenants are ass why'd they have to ruin Darkmoon

that's because the series was an one hit wonder, like dude sex

Will agree with this at least.

Not exactly an amazing year though.

Played through Scholar and then DS3 again recently. Both games I played a 2H guy with the bigges spear I could find and medium armor. I expected to dislike DS2 (as I remembered) but instead found myself loving it. Gave up on DS3 after beating Pontiff Sulvayn, just got bored. Aldritch is a solid boss but I just didn't care. I can't even put my finger on what's wrong with DS3, I just don't like it as much. I feel like my dude deals zero damage and it's so linear. I had a whole rant ready but damn I just don't care.

Shit I forgot:
1. Equipment still breaks way too fast in DS2 (PS4 Scholar version) but way too slow in DS3.
2. I'd rank Demons' Souls, DS1, and Bloodborne as the ones worth playing, the other two are optional.

He'll make videos about Nioh next.

2 is the worst, but yeah I stopped playing 3 because it feels wrong too without proper poise. Havel's armor should not get stunned by fucking sewer rats.

Dark Souls 2 is the third game. Dark Souls 1 is their second game. Demon's Souls is their first game. Your logic is fine, but you misidentify the correct game where their ideas were polished properly.

Eventually, you will always run out of other people's money. Thanks for further dooming a future generation. I say that as a guy in a union who's pension fund will be bankrupt in a few years. I'll never see a dime of it. Also, this is off topic.

Ok fag.

Soul Memory will always be fucking garbage. They didn't fix it. A shitty ring isn't a fix. Soul Memory is the reason the Blue Sentinels covenant never fucking worked. Soul Memory is the reason you eventually are unable to co-op with people in a certain area, so Sunbros get fucked.

Dark Souls ended with Artorias of The Abyss, what are you talking about.

Well you got me.

Seems to be a common sentiment.

C'mon user, the only thing threatning about Aldritch is the second's phase arrow attack.
The fight is basically hoping that he doesn't spam it, it's literally an RNG battle

I liked the Aldrich fight because rolling around to avoid the streams of arrows was fun for me. It didn't matter if he spammed it, I could avoid it pretty easily.

Dark souls had gwyneveres amazing chest
dark souls 2 had Ornifexs majestic ass
dark souls 3 has nothing

2 > 1 > 3

More the thigh gap for me.

Counting Demon Souls, Dark Soul's 1,2,3 and Bloodbourne there have been 5 nearly identical games (plus DLC) in a relatively short period of time. DS 2, Bloodbourne and DS 3 have all come out within a three year period, people just have gotten used to the games.

I watched it. It's pretty spot on.
However when talking about frames and using slowdowns why the fuck didn't he use 60 fps video?

I think it has more to do with which one you played first. I played Dark first and its areas stick out WAY more to me.

DS2 had the best pvp (when it worked properly anyway)

Is this the game that kept throwing dogs at me? Literally, run past them and the game goes "hold on there buckaroo, you forgot something" and teleports the dog onto my head, doing the little stagger animation you get from falling onto things.

Is fun dead?

Invasions are awful because of how much it ends up with the invader being ganked. Just be glad you don't end up spending most of your time in Mound Makers being targeted by AI as well as players.

Dark Souls 3 is just the latest in those action dungeon crawlers that From has made since Kings Field.

It's fundamentally a point A to point B affair from beginning to end with very little chance of varying things up on multiple playthroughs, this combined with the fact that so many of the builds just don't feel nearly as viable as a simple straightsword build, and the lack of meaningful progression of it's combat system makes the game feel kind of dry.

Hopefully the DLC will vary things up, but I doubt it. I still like it and play it from time to time, but I can't not say that it's faults don't stand out especially compared to Dark Souls and Demon Souls before it.