Was thinking of getting the PC version of this for about $4.50, but I'm hearing mixed things...

Was thinking of getting the PC version of this for about $4.50, but I'm hearing mixed things. I've been interested but don't want to pull the trigger yet. Is this game worth that much or is it unredeemable?
Because I'm a dirty buyfag.

And Star Wars Vidya general I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

g2a.com/star-wars-collection-steam-cd-key-global.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why don't you just pirate it?

Why don't you just pirate the money for it? :^)

Buy Jedi Knight games.
Pirate Clone Wars games.
Watch Force Unleashed on jewtube.

Optionally pirate Lego SW games, and if you like them - buy them.

DO NOT GIVE MONEY TO DISNEY

THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER CANON STAR WARS GAME AGAIN, YOU WILL BE CONTRIBUTING TO THAT FACT IF YOU BUY IT

First one is decent, but I had it crash five times on the 360. I don't know how it is on the PC, probably worse.

The second game is atrocious with copy\paste levels, only 50 percent done, three types of enemies, and the ending is loltastically stupid.

(checked)
Been meaning to look into the Jedi Knight games at some point actually. I'll look on G2A to see if I could possibly get a good price on those.

The price is on G2A. I wouldn't be given the cash to Disney.

Was mostly asking about the first once since I heard both good and bad things about it. The second one I've only heard bad.

*giving

It's like God of War. Lots of QTEs, not much challenge except for the last boss, mostly something you'll only play once and never again.
Powers are fun to dick around with. Tossing people and then impaling them with a sabre never gets old. The DLC campaign has a neat idea too. I'd say pirate it.
I have no idea what the second game is like.

Say, since we're in a Star wars vidya thread, what are some star wars vidya worth playing? I've played Battlefront 1 and 2, Rogue Squadron, Tie Fighter and Dark Forces and Force Unleashed.

You're absolutely sure Disney won't see a penny of it?

Republic Commando? I've been wanting to play that for quite some time now but never got around to it.

Basically I'd be getting it secondhand. Not sure how the one selling it acquired the game, but I'd be paying the seller the cash, not Disney. I mean don't companies hate G2A anyway?

Both Unleashed games look good and are decent

You're better off spending the money on jedi outcast and jedi academy, those games are miles better than force unleashed. Except the voice acting in academy is horrible if your protag is male.

Force unleashed does have some neat physics stuff going for it, if you liked god of war you'll like TFU, it's basically that in Star Wars. Story is trash, characters are trash, gameplay is solid and visuals are great. Shaak Ti is in it and she wears skimpy stuff.

you'll wonder how a star wars game could be so generic, but its ok

Or you could join the growing SWG-emu community.

A based game that died too early with fans fanatic enough to revive it outside the grasps of Sony.

I'd say just pirate it to be on the safe side since it's not really a game everyone would like. There's a certain scene I know a Star Wars fan lost his shit over and broke the disk, which he had borrowed from me.

It's like Star Wars meets DBZ, all of the force powers are ramped up. At one point Starkiller uses the force to pull a star destroyer from orbit so that should give you an idea of the levels we're talking about.

It has some pretty good characters, the robot that hangs around with starkiller is cool, his girlfriend is hot and so is the chick she was based on. Unfortunately Darth Vader's motivations are totally retarded in this game and his powers are amped up too.

It plays like god of war and the lightsaber is more like a baseball bat that beats people to death than a sword made of energy. They fixed this in the second one and added two lightsabers at once.

It's a pretty lengthy game and some parts of it can be pretty hard, spam the lightning whenever you can.

Sorry, not going there again.

it's garbage Op

-gameplay gets boring after 10 minutes
-levels are just "butcher these 10000 enemies until you reach the big bullet sponge boss"
-the story is fucking retarded and basically invalidates the first 3 movies (IV V and VI)
-horrible voice acting and unremarkable soundtrack
-you're supposed to be an evil edgelord sithlord but you go full jedi after 2nd mission

+you get to play as darth vader for 5 minutes
+in the "ultimate sith edition" you unlock a few badass outfits and swords

reminder that star wars conquest was recently ported to warband
are you ready for blackjack in space?

Surprisingly, I've never actually gotten around to playing GoW since my household was one the Gamecube ruled during that time. Been meaning to try it out sometime. Would TFU be fine for someone whose never played that kind of game? Or at least never thinks he did?

Not worth it. Go to GOG and get some SW classics.
Or wait on a sale an get the entire SW collection. That's what I did. Ended paying less than $1 per game including Kotor and the entire Jedi Knight Series.

I played it without ever touching GoW, and I had fun

I still haven't played GoW, no PS

Oh, that "all Star Wars games" package isn't on Steam anymore. So you're out of luck.

You're not missing much. GoW is a pretty boring beat em up to me since it tries to have difficulty in variety of enemies but the tiny variations in moves you can do coupled with how slow it is makes it feel not worth it. If you're not bothered by the slower speed and enjoy beating up a shitload of enemies with QTEs, it's fine.

Don't forget the "DLC" where you go full sith lord and kill obiwan and luke on tatooine.

In the second one you kill Leia

I really do appreciate they made the human male Jaden the canon and went on to include him in comics

But all that changed when Disney attacked GL's wallet

Not if disney DMCAs them into oblivion.

They filled his wallet with Disney Dollars, also known as I don't give a fuck bucks or I can to anything I want mouse money.

I heard Michael Eisner use to blow these around the park with a leaf blower.

Can they? As far as I understand it by this point it's pseudo-shareware with Sony not caring as long as they made some requirements like no charging for starters.

I know ;(

kill me pete

What does this mean?

It means Disney and EA own Star Wars now.

And they are not know for making good content.

I just checked, it still is. Though G2A sells that package for MUCH cheaper. $25 is the cheapest for that collection though.

Link? If It's not contributing to Disney I might check it out.

g2a.com/star-wars-collection-steam-cd-key-global.html

I see, that package is now region locked. That's why I can't see it anymore.

May the Force be with you~

>We have OC 'Darth Superbadass Starkiller and EA making games that stink

That's why Jaden Korr is, and always will be a female Twi'lek

Don't forget the stillborn Battlefront

See

I wonder if Starkiller's ever going to be cannon and show up in a movie, that would be really hilarious or terrifying to watch.

bump