I'm bored and it's been 8 months since I last really enjoyed a game, I want to play some fun games that are fun

I'm bored and it's been 8 months since I last really enjoyed a game, I want to play some fun games that are fun.

Tell me of games that you find fun and why you find them fun so I might try to also have fun with them.

Other urls found in this thread:

dxx-rebirth.com/download-dxx-rebirth/
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki
8ch.net/v/res/10494061.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here user, try any of these quality Holla Forums approved titles!

I already know the games you end up liking are all AAA trash, so there's no point suggesting actually good games.

I just want to play games man, not contract cancer.

Nice meme, last AAA game I played was "The last of us" on PS3 and it was fucking awful.

-Opening walking simulator section glitched out and no texture loaded.
-"Stealth" was toss a brick and leg it
-They couldn't accomplish hoards of zombies like in RE4 or 5 many years before due to their shit over bloated graphics so they said fuck it and made a majority of them instant kills removing the point of a health bar.
-like a third of the game is just fucking walking with talking in the background with "platforming" being automated.
-At some segment where you're running past bandits going from hotel building to hotel building I clipped through the world and it autosaved meaning I reload in the negative zone and had to restart the game adding another 3 hours of game time getting back there.
Naughty Dog are fucking hacks who think they're being "mature" with their shitty shooter games that play themselves instead of making platforms with actual level *design* in them.

If you don't think Descent 2 is fun, there's something seriously wrong with you. It'll run on any toaster given that it's a 90's game, so get the GoG versions from: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:db24ed5952366034de3db9d6b63d2db43aaa6d82&dn=Descent+%2B+Descent+II+2.1.0.10+%5BGOG%5D&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

Then play it with the Rebirth sourceport: dxx-rebirth.com/download-dxx-rebirth/
Fiddle around with the controls and you're good to go.

Descent 1 is still as fun as Descent 2 too as they share the same gameplay, though there's ONE fucking thing about Descent 1 which is why most people prefer 2. You'll see what I mean, and nobody will blame you for skipping over to 2 once you get to that point in 1.

Descent 3 is kind of different from the rest, and not as good.

This reminds me of a game called Virus on the PC, young me loved that shit, you would go through levels generated in orders based on the contents of your hard drive (So with a 500/1TB HDD now the game would be like stupid fucking hard to navigate)

Yea, Virus is pretty much a 6DoF shooter like Descent, except Descent has state-of-the-art manually designed levels rather than randomly generated crap.

Thanks for showing me this I'll download it to play, thanks a lot man.

try finishing Watch Out For Falling Rocks in 0.5 A presses

That games a bit to fast for me, the lore with it's parallel universes is also a tad too deep

Dragons Dogma.

Tombi 1 and 2 for the PS1 are pretty fun

Rimworld is a fun game where you crash onto an alient planet with three guys and you gotta take care of their basic needs. You even need to refrigerate your food or it will spoil! If you like, you can play as a lone rich guy who crash lands with extra stuff but you're alone.

Why isn't she smug anymore?

It'll be fun for exactly the duration that you remain unaware about the fact that the game is going to shit on everything you've worked on no matter how good you are at the game.

They're created by the real father of megaman.

It's not that hard to mitigate things. It's a game about risk management. Yes, it's actually a skill. An important one.

- Brigador
Nice twinstick shooter with Jet'n'Guns feel. A bit flawed but fun.
- Steamworld Heist
Worms meet Shadowrun: Returns/nuCOM. Good all around.
- Underrail
Fallout 1/2 meets Metro. Last part is a bit drawn out but the game is very solid.
- Broforce
FREEDOM! Great coop. One of few games that were good even during early access. Also has literally no DRM.
- EDF 4.1
Good old FPS fun, great coop. GotY.

Good luck mitigating bullshit like this.

I've ran out of food and forced to eat my own people even though I did everything in my power from the very first day to prioritize stocking up on food.

Rimworld's idea of challenge is to randomly blow things up and erase your crops and spawn nearly invincible aliens with rocket launchers and there's literally nothing you could have done to avoid or mitigate it.

I've forgotten how fun Descent was… All those completely 3d levels that you had to memorize not to get your ass blasted, modern gamers would probably shoot themselves rather than play this game.

Stop posting sad Cheshires and start posting smug/lewd Cheshires.

Faggot cat is the worst monstergirl.

it's not shitposting as long as you're being Ironic!

Is Supreme Commander there as bait or is the joke that its not Forged Alliance?

Fuck you and this "Le ironic shitposting".

tfw when played Descent2 only to level 7 (OEM version).
Decades later I'm not patient enough to git gud again.
Also missing the dual joystick setup used to play Descent.

this is no longer ironic shitposting

updated

Top fucking kek

Why does Holla Forums hate The Witcher 3 so much again?

I have been playing Evil Genius for a while now and it´s fun, like Dungeon Keeper, but on slower speed and more lair management. Be sure to get the mod, so you can speed up the game as you want.

No, it's a sneaky poe's law attempt to make Holla Forums itself recruit more redditors to the site.

Clearly she has not played Kingdom Classic or New lands.

Why play video games when you can data mine on Holla Forums?

I love the few good games sprinkled in. This is a multi-layered shitpost.

Dumbasses, the lot of you

Are you retarded?

Try Touhou. It's hard to get into, and it takes a special kind of personality to get into it, but it's a life changing experience if you stick with it.
Even if you don't enjoy the main games, there's a lot of secondary content and fangames for you to enjoy.

Play titan quest faggot.

Try Touhou. It's hard to get into, but it's a life changing experience if you stick with it.
Even if you don't enjoy the main games, there's a lot of secondary content and fangames for you to enjoy.

Join us in our thread: 8ch.net/v/res/10494061.html

I originally wrote this post in a rush so I'm going to elaborate:

Touhou is special because it provices a great sense of progression. No matter how long you play, there will still be ways to get better and things to learn. Most beginners, even if they are good at video games, can't beat easy mode without continues at first. They have to progress through the difficulties. It's essential to learn how to play and constantly improve. It's not just choreography. There's a lot of skill to it as well as strategy and routing. It's important to stay focused. Blinking can cost you the game. You must learn how to position your hands, where to keep your eyes, how to move your character, and so on. While the mechanics are simple, it takes a master to apply them most effectively. When you have played for long enough, you will experience a special kind of feeling. It's the feeling of having intense focus and executing merciless patterns. It's a feeling of "Zen" that is rarely seen in games. Few games feel so heavy and are capable of producing such strong emotions. The feeling of the final boss blowing up while your heart is racing and your hands are trembling is amazing. Once you complete one challenge, there's plenty more to do. You can try another shot, another game, another difficulty. Certain players apply handicaps(no bomb, no miss, etc) or for score.

The series also spawns a lot of derivitive works and fangames. Media often comes out during events such as Comiket and Reitaisai. Derivitive works of Touhou are a whole universe to explore. There's PVs(promotional videos), video games, print works, fan art, games, music albums, and so on. The community is small in the west, especially outside of imageboards, but it's still big in Japan.

Even if you don't end up playing the games, there's a lot to learn from them. They'll open your mind about what video games can do.

don't listen to that bait OP

play ToME, its free and its like a top-down tile-based version of D2 with way more classes and quite a few races to choose and you unlock most of the classes and a few races via gameplay, and theres 2 unlockable difficulty levels, but theres no newgame+
5 difficulty levels exist, and 3 are above normal

first pic related is the hardest difficulty, you're the guy in the center

theres alot of complexity and such in the game, second pic related is the levelup screen for one of the unlockable classes, the solipsist