Bioshock Remastered confirmed for turd

Bioshock Remastered confirmed for turd

Rapture confirmed for being built under saltwater

So what's the difference between this and the original version?

Should've just had it remain free I mean fuck

Wow, Holla Forums's metafags really do get around.

always the same whining about entitlement and how we SHOULD gobble up publisher moneywhoring and be grateful for it

Pretty much pic related. They added some new challenge levels which is kind of cool but it doesn't make up for how awful everything else is.

Got it for free, because of DRM-free Bioshock from Humble Bundle.

What could they possibly remaster over the original game? I played the first bioshock when it was released on console and it was the one game that made me realize that AAA will never be good/made me hate modern gaming.

Also they've taken the original PC releases off of steam so you can only buy the remakes. They remade a mediocre game to be worse and you have no option to buy the old version that likely look identical.

I'm impressed

That's the problem. They make all the classics abandonware again, because modern "games" look so shit against it.

Bioshock could be released this year instead of 2006 and nobody would have even batted an eye.

I'm kind of disappointed I never picked them up when they were dirt cheap since it would have been nice to replay down the line, the setting was at least cool. Can you still DL and play the original or did it convert them in the library as well?

And why did they remaster the PC versions exactly? I get doing it for consoles since it skips the backwards compatibility/gets people to buy another set of the games but removing the original ports just seems silly. Especially when old versions have very positive reviews

Just seems hilariously fucked from all angles

Shouldnt they try a lot harder then?

The original PC release doesnt entirely work with Win7 out of the gate and 2 has save issues so for it to be even buggier is insane.

I bought the Homeworld remaster for half off today. I never played it and expected great things but.. it just feels so boring and generic. One resource type? Spam fighters every mission until you win? I cant get into it. I grew up playing Starcraft and it just had so much more action to it.

Its a unique game though, I'll give it that much. Looks like "remasters" are the current jew meme to sell games for a third time

the Dale Gribbel in me wants to believe this was made to shit on someone's legacy for stepping out of line in some backdoor corporate politics.

Simply pick up a used copy for the 360.
Yes, I also have a DRM-free Bioshock of including a Linux port of it from Humble Bundle.
Only Rockstar does such things (removed the PC version of GTA:SA from my Steam library and replaced it with an shoddy iPad port).

Original version is still included, if you buy the remaster.

What about who owns the old game already?

They're still in your library. The remastered versions are added as separate games automatically as of today.

I don't even recall the shadows looking that bad.

I'm sure that will mean it will never be on bargain sale again now considering this turd barnacle has latched onto it.

Also, speaking of remasters and remakes and such, Steam's new review policy where it splits key activations/Steam purchases tends to bury legitimate criticism.

Yeah $3.99 isn't going to happen soon again.

Its also weird that they did this right after No Mans Sky.

I think NMS was the catalyst for this, in order to "protect" users, but this really just makes Steam more monolithic in subtle ways

Seemed like another autistic move by Valve to dick things up worse for the average customer to me.

What I dont get is how Steam can still get away with it, especially since you already can only review products if you own them.

The problem is the normalfag doublethink

I honestly hate it when people say shit like that, along with

Valve does everything in its power to avoid actually having to consider hiring on support staff as an option.

With all these smart, value-added decisions, it's easy to see why ValveĀ® is the number one digital distributor for PC gaming! That's why they're able to offer such great prices and pass the savings onto you! Did you know that in addition to an extensive selection of great video game choices, Steamā„¢ offers movies, music, and other excellent entertainment packages?

So did they actually cut the "man in Moscow" line, or was that just the people who made the trailer?

After hearing about their internal culture these sort of things seem entirely less about meaning well and fucking up and more about how cult-like and miserly they are.

We could use a man like you at Bethesda Software

"fukkin sjws" hearsay from what I've seen, the line's apparently still in there.

Valve meaning well probably hasn't applied since Half-Life 2's initial release. Not helping is a combination of flat-management and that Valve almost exclusively hires on programmers, so the company's built from the ground up on a bunch of codemonkeys who're both unsuited for and unwilling to do menial work the average Indian could do like rifling through support tickets on their lunch-break. I remember hearing they wouldn't even hire machinists to help them design Steam Machines because they "wouldn't fit in with the corporate culture".

It's funny though. I work at Walmart, just a part time hourly associate, and I very sarcastically say shit like that to be funny. My coworkers think I'm a blast, and my managers have a laugh and think I "get it".

Apparently you can get away with a lot of shit if people like you, you draw attention to what you're doing, and ham it up

Wait, but wasn't it impossible to differentiate between key activations and steam purchases before? Doesn't this benefit the -actually researching- customers in the end?
They're a minority, that's for sure, but most people being retarded has little to do with Valve/Steam itself, all they do is profit from it.

Not really "defending" anything, but this feels beneficial for myself if nothing else.

Oh definitely, you're endearing in a corporate environment if you do your job but also give light self-aware ribbing to the corporation itself. Probably why Valve's had such a high reputation since they made light of their inability to keep their own schedules for close to 20 years now.

Kek I just noticed I got these two for free since my cousin gifted me the first two games on a sale a while back

I cant believe faggots paid for this, and console peasants were forced to

Correct. And looking at the numbers breakdowns, it seems like most reviews with keys come from at most 2-4% of owners, it's actually a pretty small number from the looks of things.

It does in theory, but most normalfags will just buy a game because their favorite YouTube personality or company released it or friends played it. To the ones that actually do research the games, they'll probably just give it a quick skim. Even fewer of the ones that do research will probably do a thorough job, so you're talking like 1 in 10,000 purchases or so.

This is the least self-aware post I've ever seen in my life.

How so?

Gook. Fuck off.

This is what happened when you faggots kept telling your casual friends to buy a gaymen PC. You asked for this.

Yeah man, you tell it like it is with your (1) and sage.

And here come the valvedrones

Don't give him replies. He's posted "fuck off gook" in at least a couple different threads.

Is their any videos confirming that the Bioshock got some commie-friendly censorship? Like the Andrew Ryan speech in the opening left out the USSR part in one of the trailers a while back.

Why do they even have an aggregate rating? They're always inaccurate. Always. Just show people the helpful reviews.

So what did they do? Add some more screen effects, maybe blur out some textures? Add some new and exciting bugs?

I mean, that's what remasters are all about.

Oh, he's just trying to cement his place as a dedicated autist like that Tumblrtale guy then.

Thats going to be the future now.

As if remasters aren't bullshit enough already, now the only way you'll be able to play the original games are by pirating them and now when you think the original games are good, gamers of today will call you crazy and think you have rose tinted goggles on because the remaster fixes all of the original's problems.

Is schizo user and 'fuck off gook' user the same person?

I'm pretty sure they are. I've seen both of them use the word coward, and no one else uses that word as much as schizo user.