BEGINNING HOUR PATCH GOING LIVE, GET YOUR DUMMY FINGERS READY

BEGINNING HOUR PATCH GOING LIVE, GET YOUR DUMMY FINGERS READY

So predictions: Is it umbrella chopper downed in the bayou found by hicks who get infected? Is it inbred ashfords living in a shack over a B.O.W lab?

Or is it really lisa trevor or weskers sister like the song from the trailer suggests?

So it's not even a day one patch, it's a patch as soon as it launches? Why?

No you donut, its patching the demo to unlock more of the house.

Is this game already out?

Fuck off with your shitty "game"

They released a Demo for PS4 at E3 and today its getting a patch where more areas are open and items are added. 2.4gb patch im downloading now. First felt like the first person was a bit tacked on but the tone felt like REmake meets texas chainsaw and blair witch. So like RE1-3 was a love letter to 60's b movies RE7 feels more like a love letter to 70's and 90's indie horror.

Did Capcom show anything besides merch in today's TGS, or is that reserved for their later streams?

It was more Monster Hunter heavy today, they are really trying to make a heavy push in the west now monhuns more profitable than street fighter.

Its a confirmed FPS, retard, not a walking simulator. Go back to your shitty Meme Rising thread, you fucking contrarian casual shit.

I've not been keeping up with this. What's it like?

Is it slender/outlast/amnesia/ayy:isolation "ooh i'm a spooky monster and i'm gonna chase you whilst violins screech in your ear to show something scary is happening!! Are you scared yet?" type low effort bullshit or more like level 3 in System Shock type horror which genuinely puts me in a cold sweat and gives me goosebumps?

Theres a moment where it rips off the condemned moving mannequin bit, aside from that its mostly silence interspersed with the sounds of people walking on the floor above you or in the hall outside. Its kind of clever in how it realises that in FPS you cant do a visual tease with fixed cameras so instead they focus more on sound. So you are still walking around a corner listening for whats coming but in a slightly different way but it still totally works.

In the first demo theres a really neat part where you use some bolt cutters to open a closet and find a VHS tape which you put in a VCR and it starts playing and you think its a cutscene but you are actually playing as the camera man in the same house hours earlier and in the video you can find a lockpick to open a draw so in the current time after it ends you go to the now open draw to find a small axe inside to use as a melee weapon.

So far no screechy music, no slender em up constant jump scares. There is wierd shit if you spot it and thats basically how it works. You are in a house and you have to look for the wierd shit because it could creep up on you.

The first demo doesnt really do much but explore but its atmosphere was tense and made you strain your hearing for all the noises. I expected some amnesia shit and thankfully it wasnt the case. My expectations arent high but im interested, and i havent been interested in resident evil since 4.

Good one, retard.

So more similar to system shock then, good to know, I'll keep posted and see if it's worth my time.
As long as it can maintain that tense atmosphere and not have some lumbering Lennie searching closets for me I'd probably pick it up.

By the sounds of it its both, but split across two characters. Guy is looking for his wife and goes full Blood Debt about it, Wife is in full texas chainsaw+T virus situation which involves some avoiding a housewife going all ichy tasty in real time.

Whoopee you sure showed them

Did somebody hurt your feelings in another thread?

Is the demo on the playstation store?

Yi.

apparently theres a new trailer i missed too.

they keep skirting around this young girl in the media which makes me think 'the family' is a big fake out on capcoms part.

oh boy, another "horror" "game"

What do people see in this steam greenlight source walking sim shit. The majority I see happy for this "change" talking about resident evil going back to it's "roots" admit they never fucking played a resident evil game before.

FPS isn't the worst part, they've done that somewhat decent before, but don't go ripping off let's player fodder games in the texas chainsaw setting. It's got nothing remotely to do with RE. Yet again crapcom copy what's popular to appeal to a wider demographic. What's next, a power-stone reboot in the style of the assassin's creed games?

tfw you rekt some fagboi so hard he changed his ip to reply to you twice

what

It's Nu-DmC all over again. Where random faggots come out of the woodwork praising it and claiming to be huge fans. And then when asked what they played in the series they admit they never played anything from it before. The same happened with MGS 5 too.

Is there any actual combat in this? Seen someone playing the demo a while back, and for it to not have combat in the playable demo is a bit disconcerting

Only confirmation is you're a faggot that eats marketing like cock.

There's combat, BOWs, ammo management and herbs in the final game, but Capcom is being VERY selective in what they show. The game isn't releasing until early next year, but they should probably be showing off more.

The funny thing is, it could work as a new franchise. But they don't trust themselves anymore to try anything new. Capcom died on the sixth generation of consoles, but at least they burned bright in that era: Onimusha, Haunting Ground, Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7, God Hand, the last Breath of Fire, Megaman X Command Mission, Sengoku Basara, Auto Modellista…
Now? Jesus Christ, how boring and soulless.

Will this patch make it not boring as fuck?

You either think you're being funny or you don't realize that the shit is called "Beginning Hour" and you're a dumbass. Which one?

All it adds is a new room, some handgun ammo (but no handgun), a basement key and a new phone message.

The new room has a door and window that are both locked.

user, i think the common opinion is that we want videogamed we can play, and not "experience"

So user, what do you do with the finger?

Combat in RE games was originally used to knock down zombies and saved for boss battles. The only time you could go gung ho is post-game with the gattling gun or with cheats.

The over-emphasis on combat came with re4 and while a bit refreshing, it quickly turned the franchise to shit in re5 and especially re6.

In other words, gunplay brought in the codkiddie cancer for the main games. At the very least, it should have stayed in the side games and away from mainline.

Who cares, it'll never beat RE5.

Yes it kind of did.
But do you really want the new one to bring in Lets Player """""horror game"""""(walking sim & jumpscare) kiddies AND elements? I agree with your sentiment but no combat or making combat useless so you can "experience" the game anyway isn't a good idea.

But the combat was actually GOOD in RE6. RE5 was stiff garbage. RE6 was an awful RE game but ignore the name and it was really fun.

I'm looking forward to this return back to actual horror though. I just don't understand why RE6 gets all the hate when at least it actually did the combat well unlike 4/5.

With first-person, the only good zombie combat that still retains a semblance of horror is something like ZombiU, but with a greater focus on melee. Shit has to have fucking weight.

Have you tried the demo? There's essentially one single "jump" scare (a joke one at that), the rest is just good atmosphere that replicates a real abandoned building extremely well. We still have no idea what the real game is going to be like.

Why are half the threads cancerous faggots shitting on meh looking AAA shit, and the other half are faggots like you who are completely advertising the fuck out of a product?

I did. And exploring an abandoned building isn't resident evil at all, closest it comes is silent hill and even that's a stretch.

Plus the new trailers show they're going for walking sim "EXPERIENCE" with heavily scripted cut-scenes. The weapons they finally showed too didn't do shit but seem to ALSO be part of a scripted segment anyway.

And the fact it's a texas chainsaw styled run away and hide from the hillbillies, that is incredibly similar to coincidentally popular games where you just walk through spooky places and get chased by scripted events inter-spliced with jump-scares. What part of that is remotely resident evil to you user? Since when was resident evil all about the atmosphere? Silent hill's closer to that, and even then that is only one part, of a greater whole. A slice of the whole pie. You're still missing everything else that completes the game as a whole.

i am as skeptical of re7's new direction as anyone but man did they ever fuckin nail the atmosphere. the sound design is killer, especially through headphones, and i used to work for a demolition company that would clean out and tear down old condemned houses. i have seen that exact kitchen hundreds of times and it is fucking spot on. i love how it looks and sounds, and just hope that it's got condemned-level melee combat (complete with those beefy hit sounds and smashed teeth flying out from a good strike) and a story that isn't just wesker being wesker

Read that again

Jesus fucking christ

For example there is a source game that is proof of concept of what I'm saying. It aims to be "like silent hill". It has very similar atmosphere, and run down locales, but yet there's no story, it's lacking in puzzles, and there are no enemies and no combat. The end result is that, while yeah it has a few things silent hill had, it only has those few things, and with the rest missing, isn't silent hill at all.

Anyone streaming?

Seconding

I didn't imply any of this. I was just refuting that it's anything like Let's Play jumpscare shit. I'll concede that the trailer footage is much worse, since it rips off of one of the shittiest horror movies ever. I'm especially not saying that what we've seen is Resident Evil in the slightest. I've been as bothered as everyone else about that.

I'm only saying that, if the atmosphere from the demo holds and the gameplay doesn't end up shit, it COULD be as good as the earlier Resident Evils in terms of horror, except in first person. But I don't think the trailers and demo tell us enough about what the game is actually going to play like.

I agree with your notion but I think the gamepl- I mean, EXPERIENCE in the demo AND trailers is indicating we're gonna get trash imitating the likes of outlast, amnesia machine for pigs, among the sleep, etc. And I'd rather not RE be reduced to that.

nigga c'mon

What's the point in releasing a "demo" that doesn't give you a taste of the game proper?

trying to create hype and generate more sales after P.T.s popularity

honestly i think they were just pulling a P.T.: "here's the idea we have, now check out this cool new graphics engine and dig these sounds"

Come on user, you and I both know the reason they did this was to get pewdiepie, Korean family friendly pewdiepie, the Irish pewdiepie and all those other e-celebs to raise awareness for the game.

No, most wanted them to make something similar to past games. Nobody just wanted them to make some experimental horror game. Resident Evil games were never scary.

-Lost Planet
-Dmc
-Several RE games like OPRC, Umbrella corps & RE5

And I'm supposed to believe a capcom this fucked as is, making something that looks like the same shit they've pulled around, 6 or so times before, is somehow going to go in a completely different direction than the other 6 times?

This.
Business suit Sheva and Battle Suit Jill are the best.

so it's going to be a first person Haunting Ground minus the dog

I found handgun ammo under the bed in the attic

Hopefully the girl looks like Fiona, with gratuitous TnA.

There's more if you smash that crate with yellow tape on it.

apparently the mannequins in the room change and certain positions open new doors

I still dont know how to feel that RE7 sort of looks more like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre as a game.

I give it credit, it does want to be a horror game at least, but it just feels weird coming from Capcom. I just hope it actually delivers on spooks.

user, its time.

where did you find the hand? of the "new" stuff I only managed to find the basement key (no way down there though) and some ammo

Is it out already?

Does the patch add anything of significance? I've seen more than enough of the same hallways and items with absolutely nothing to learn.

The answer is no, then?

You fucking millennials ruined it. Damn you all to hell!

I played with the tank controls and fixed camera for 20 years. Every new addition to the series felt like a breath of fresh air. And when the game sucked, at least it felt like trying. You instead played them all over the year when your balls dropped, and couldn't stop bawwing about immershun and ruining the formula. You fuckers are so stupid you couldn't realize Lisa Trevor wasn't there in the original, and that Ring ripoff fit like a turd in a sandwich with the rest of the B-movie styled presentation.

Kill yourself fam, i mean it. If murican just go outside and bait some cop until he shoots his whole maganize on your ass.

Do you even know where you are? This reboot is abysmal and killed a great series because of millennial faggots who watch Outlast streams.

Get this shit off the board tbh fam

I think it looks kinda cool. 4 was a good game but I really didn't like what the focus going from exploring a detailed world to being a badass that collects glowy items that pop up from the dead enemies.

I think how this game looks is pretty good way to modernize the gameplay while attempting to hold on the feel of the original games. I just hope they don't butcher it with too many pseudo-cutscenes.

This is more towards the originals than RE4 and co ever was.

Yu shitstains are already claiming this killed the franchise?

LMAO

if you go into the new room, there's a ladder that leads up to a window that's locked. Next to the ladder (on the right), there is a pile of old 90's televisions. It's behind the televisions.

Pro-Tip: the finger still does jack shit

>yfw the game is fun, and becomes the RE4 of 2017

pic related

Hello, shills. Did you preorder yet?

lol, average Holla Forums shitstain. Worthless waste of oxigen.

Am I the only person that wants more of RE4?

There's nothing to talk about. Let reddit get drawn in by all this bullshit marketing (which is what they do best) and then we can talk about how much of a piece of shit the game is when it's actually released.

There is absolutely nothing of interest in this demo and the new update is designed purely to drum up hype amongst mouthbreathers who genuinely believe they are working together to solve some clever 'mystery.'

Thats true, but thats exactly the same shit you idiots do when some weebshit game is announced.

if this is first person RE1/3 I'm fucking sold

if this is first person RE4 itll be shit

But Holla Forums is reddit?

Oh boy, where do I even begin with this?

So first of all, should I expect more of the demo to be unlocked later on? If there are items that are currently useless, and areas that can't be accessed, then what's the fucking point in trying to solve any puzzle or mystery? Why should I care about picking up ammo if there's no gun? What's the use for the axe if I can't kill anyone with it? Fuck, I can't even use the thing to unlock the boarded doors, and I thought that was the next obvious and logical step to take. Instead, all I can do is destroy some boxes, only to find even MORE AMMO for a gun I still don't fucking have, but even if I did, so what? The one dude that shows up is a scripted sequence that leads me to an instant fail state, in which case I have to restart the demo. Should I be excited they're hinting at basic mechanics being included in the final game? Is Capcom fucking retarded?

The reason why PT worked despite being very contrived, is because Kojima was straightforward with his intentions early on, he wanted people to work together to get through the teaser. And the ending was actually meaningful because it revealed the true title of the game, which no one knew what it was. RE7's ending on the other hand is completely worthless, and it almost seems their goal is to kill the player over and over so it encourages people to experiment with different shit, as if that somehow constitutes good replay value. In truth, it's just bullshit that is impossible to solve and serves purpose, for the simple fact the content doesn't exist yet. There's no reason anyone should bother with this demo until it hits the final patch, all they're doing is beating around the bush and piss people off.

*serves no purpose

Will there be more updates?

So when dude says "welcome to the family, son" is that an intentional reference to "the family" in RE6?

Who knows? Nobody on Holla Forums has ever played that pile of shit, so nobody around here would get the reference. As far as I'm concerned, RE6 never came out, nor did RE5 for that matter.

I don't pre-order games, and I never will. I think the game looks like fun, considering it's my favorite franchise, and it's been shit since 2009.

I'll rent it, and if it's RE 1-3 in a POV perspective, I'll buy it on PC.

No, other tasteless plebs want more of it too.

rich coming from a skele

I hope it will bomb really hard so they finally re-release Outbreak series and CV next.

I didn't expect RE to go this route that soon, even after they tried to copy TLOU with Rev 2. Sure, I was thinking why they didn't try to copy Amnesia-like concept yet, but for some reason I expected RE7 to be different. And why do people like such shit "games"? These "games" are boring as fuck, just like simple walking simulators. And the most ridiculous thing is that retards think that this piece of shit looks like first RE trilogy. I bet you faggots like new Dead Rising too.

Don't worry, faggot, you'll get one with RE2 Remake, I have no doubt they will make it RE4 like instead of making it like the first Remake.

RE will never become good just like every Capcom franchise aside from MonHun, they can't make new games good anymore. You're dumb if you still have a hope. The only thing modern Capcom is good at are old cashgrab re-releases and MonHun games, that's it.

i agree with you, but i actually respect capcom for taking a different approach with re7. them switching from re4/5/6 third-person action to first-person slower, quieter and more claustrophobic is them pretty much admitting that that well is dry and they know it

whether it turns out good or likely, since it's capcom bad at least they're trying to fix what's wrong with the franchise

I think Alien Isolation proved that that "these "games"" can be quite solid types to do horror. We ain't going back to fixed cameras and third person shooting failed miserably on the horror-department, what else do you think it should be? I think you are kinda forgetting what kinda games Resident Evils actually were in the beginning.

This. Go tell Aunt Rhodie she can suck on my balls.