Man what happened with this? I know it had some really horrid demo showings this past year

Man what happened with this? I know it had some really horrid demo showings this past year
youtube.com/watch?v=bSmMyYJy1VE

but damn I'd still expect a modicum of hype for this.

I don't see any community actually excited for this. Even the diehard FF fanboys are kind of meh.
How much money did SE invest in this?
Are they fucked if this game fails to make waves?

Oh people were really hyped.

Ten fucking years ago.

Too much. Especially when you think of how many other stuff they've mad to promote it. Like an anime, a movie, a side game, a car, songs by Florence and the Machine, the clothing worn by the protagonists, figurines, Sakaguchi to show up and shill for them etc. It's very silly, and they should have made sure that the game is a good one first before throwing a lot of money at it.

No. They have Kingdom Hearts 3 which all the autists will flood to. They have the Final Fantasy VII remake which I'll probably pick up to see if they fucked it up or not Though they already fucked up FFVII with the extra shite they made. They also have FFXIV which is pretty popular and making them big bucks. Not to mention Dragon Quest for the nips. They'll be fine. The bloke directing the game will probably die though. So that will be a shame.

Personally, I'm on the fence about it. If it came out this month I probably would have picked it up, since nothing else is coming out. But November is a busy month for me. Trails of Cold Steel 2 hits Europe, and I'll definitely pick that up. Not to mention Gravity Rush 2 hits early december. It's coming out in one hell of a painful time. And this is coming from a guy who bought Type 0 for the FFXV demo.

There's something that I don't like about the setting that I can't place my finger on, it's as if it's trying to blend three completely time periods at once.

It looks like a very bad video game.

It looks like a very bad video game.

Looks big and neat with quite a bit of content, seems like squeenix is actively trying to make "big" games when everyone else isn't. I've been waiting for open world AAA games to go beyond generic open world "map marker cleanup" sims for a while now.

Too bad of all publishers it had to be squeenix though.

KHIII is in the same boat ain't it. General apathy since it's been a year and the high from the reveal wore off.

Nothing really to bash it with like FF XV though.

I'm just miffed by how open the environment is

ie big empty spaces with little to do in them.

One of the worst games i have never played. The lack of hype is not killing me

But I looked at the 1½ hour demo of the "open world" portion, and it's literally "map marker cleanup".

It's pretty much the epitome of that, on top of missing any real RPG elements. The combat is based on attacking and blocking for Christ's sake.

I enjoyed the Episode Duscae demo. The Platinum demo felt watered down as fuck though. They really simplified the combat, as if it wasn't already simple enough.

Holy fuck did Square take lessons from Inafune of something?

Hype as fuck
I preorder it and the season pass as well

Honestly, I really want to play it but I'm just waiting for them to finally release the damn thing.

It's been worked on for over 10 years.

Pretty much guarantees it'll be a masterpiece

Gee I wonder why

No idea what you're talking about, I played it and there was a variety of gameplay as well as the main "courtyard" mission.

Kaz?!

Asianified gookshit. Gave up on being decent. Not interested in Enix.

post cindy

i'll get it but i don't see the point in hyping a game that's been on the radar for 10 fucking years, and i bet that's how most people see it too.

Why? Fucking crisis core looked better in motion than this garbage. It's like the tried to make dissidia in a real game.

Perhaps we don't want the main gang being a fucking boy band.

That applies to a lot of games general now, they announce them too early so when they come out you're just like "Eh", unless you're that much of a diehard like people did with MGSV.

The marketing for MGSV was excellent though and to be fair the gameplay is (best in the series), it's just that when it came to the story and the flow of it, it wasn't a MGS game unless you count Peace Walker. I noticed before release it was going to follow in the footsteps of that and while I dislike it, at least for me I knew what I was expecting. A bit of a shame MGSV didn't have Peace Walker's story as that would have been good enough to finish off Big Boss's arch.

squenix happened, are you new? They have been releasing mostly shit for the past 15 years

For me it's the disappointment of knowing what the game was 10 years ago, being turned into this merry gang of metrosexual prostate fiddlers.

It's gonna suck but people will eat it up.

WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THAT?

Who the fuck calls these shots in SE? Did some marketing squad really decide they had to be 4 fags on a trip? Not a single one of them is even remotely relatable because of how they look. There's something really shitty behind this nonsense.

They wanted to pander to WRPG fans with character models and gameplay. Just like how japs fucked last gen with their shitty burgerifized games. This game is supposed to target everyone but it's targeting no one. Maybe reviewers will save them and scam the mainstream who knows.

Japs and chicks drool all over this gay shit.

The japs HATE it. SE included real 1:1 japanese police cars in the game. The japs hate that kind of shit with a passion.

To me personally I see a game built out of the best intentions.
The gameplay is a massive improvement over what was in the Hallway Fantasy 13 series.
Graphically FFXV is impressive.
But it has an incredible number of fairly cosmetic problems I take great issue with.

I hate the vinyetting.
I hate how colormuted the game looks in general.
I hate that all of the party members are human males that wear black.
If they each just had on different colors.
Maybe if it was black but at least looked like fantasy attire and not modern shit.
If it had at least one Animal party member, beast-person, cyborg, just fucking something abnormal.
Maybe if most of the cast didn't look like they work in a Japanese host bar.
Maybe if the story didn't look like the A-typical Japanese angsty teen J-drama mamoru-fest bullshit.
I don't want a flying car.
I want an airship that looks like a boat.
If there is a car I want it to look as steampunk as the airship.
They can be realistic people but they need to be in armor and robes, not dressing like fashionistas.

I wouldn't be complaining if they gave it an original name or just did away with the number at the end.
At 13 Squenix should have made a new series called "Fabula Nova Crystallis" to which I would say
and move the fuck on.
It wouldn't be final fantasy because final fantasy wouldn't even be in the name and I'd feel no attachment.

I'd say KH3 has better standing since it wasn't cockteased as long. I mean, we ALL knew it was coming it just hadn't started development until recently. Meanwhile FF15 has literally been in development hell for nearly a decade while KH3 has had continuous installments in the since 2.

The hype is gone because Nomura isn't developing it anymore and that faggot Tabata is in charge now. Doesn't help that it also now has to sort of compete with KH3 and FFVII remake.

you mean other than a retarded premise?

It's probably because it tries to be a good game and FF fags can't have that.

It looks fun.

I think it looks fun and ambitious. I hate the DLC shit but otherwise this is pretty much exactly what I want from AAA games.

For one, they use a real world song as the game's main theme, shiny hair over good characters, shitty non-rpg combat, restricted open world gameplay where you walk around a fuckton instead of load screens, shitty and clunky as fuck combat, spells are fucking items, basically the whole game is a bloated, overfunded nightmare.

All shiny shaders, no real substance. The story is pushed aside for a roadtrip feeling, so none of the characters are actually worth caring about.

A game like Trails of Cold Steel for example on the other hand knows what it is and makes a good combat system mixed in with an intricate political story that Pol would be proud of if they stopped calling eachother niggers for 3 seconds.

Considering the deep shit they're in. This really will be their Final Fantasy.

SE as a publisher is an absolute cancer, I hope there's a "more ethical" publisher that will inevitably take their ips when the time comes

like what did you expect?

I guess it not being this fucking gay? I mean, why? Are fujoshi really such a market force they justify shitting this much money on a FF game?

Especially when you have that enemy agent, the princess and the mechanic tomboy?

What kind of fucked up retards are running the show over at SE that they think female homosexual fetishists outnumber male heterosexual gamers?

And this on top of the writing being a complete clusterfuck being guaranteed?

Excuse me, shitlord. Watching a YouTube let's play stream counts as playing the game.

A gay FF drone pal of mine is pretty hyped to play as a "Boyband". I know nothing of the series so I have no idea what he's talking about. Is it because the characters look like dick vacuum cleaners?

Except not.

it has actually a shit-tier combat system, like 99% of all other gook rpgs. story is typical jap shit as well and only appeals to single-iq lower class trash.

It'd be odd if you had multiple IQs, so I think that decision was made so the game would actually sell.

i want to the bee loli

Wait, they hate 1:1 police cars? Why? Who is this game for then?

It's made for the devs to play.

Final Fantasy devs, ever since sakaguchi left, always had this problem were they don't make games for the fanbase, but for their own liking.

That's why there are 3 Final Fantasy 13 games even though most people hated it.
The devs probably are into this boyband shit and are making a fucking huge game to satiate their own desire for a game like this, even if the fanbase can't give two shits about that.

Are the "one button combat" rumors actually true?
I'm just waiting for Cydney r34, FF blows dicks for almost a decade now

Have you tried that platinum demo?

If it comes for pc i'll pirate it.

whats wrong with making games you want to play? they are making their dreams come true

im just saying, if youre not making games you want to play how can you be sure you know what youre doing? how can you put your heart in to it if its just to pander to an audience you dont ralte to?

Nothing per se, but the problem is in the fact that they're using the Final Fantasy name to do so. Final Fantasy existed with its style of gameplay mostly intact for something like 15 years, and by that point had mostly transcended being any one team's property and become a cultural mainstay in gaming, in multiple countries. For these newer games to be so drastically different but still use the name is wrong, because the team is trying to have their cake (make the game they want) and eat it too (prostitute their creation in hopes that using the FF name will sell more copies by default).

You must do both user, make something you want and something people will want to play. If your dream game will not sell, then you don't waste so much money on it like they are doing with FF15.

And if they actuallly need this much money to do the game of their dreams, then they should keep their dreams in their heads.

You mean this shit STILL hasn't come out yet? Good lord.

WAIT

Is this final fantasy actually a good game? Thats going to be a first

Oh neat, boyband the game
Can't wait for the last guardian too!

It's sad though, they're basically messing up what was an enjoyable turn based RPG brand, and after the 13 sequels having a poorer reception you'd figure they learned. If it was its own series or a spinoff still I can imagine people would be more kinder to it.

It's hard to answer that question because devs should make games they want to play, but at the same time that doesn't mean all players that love an established series would want to pay full price for that.

Why?

No, it's going to be QTE Final Fantasy with that nice cinematic experience. They hate it because it's total shit.

And yet they love mgs.
Chinks are weird.

That doesnt explain it. Those group feed on shit. Even pigs have higher standards.

You need to stop being an idealist. Especially when it comes to SE.

That they are

Not this time, the fans waited years for this game and once it's finally shown to how the final product will look all they see garbage.

Probably because there are no cute girls in your party, thats the trend in Japan that still hasn't went away.

What year is this post from? Clearly not the current one, or any year in recent memory for that matter.

I wonder how much would it need to make in order to be profitable.

Nevermind, I'm buying this game.

Consider that FFXIII was profitable but they still needed to make 2 more games not only to use all the assets and content they created just to make up for the development, a shitton.

Expect FFXV to get up to FFXV-5