Listen up, niggers. Other M didn't fail because Samus was portrayed realistically (and a bit sappily)...

Listen up, niggers. Other M didn't fail because Samus was portrayed realistically (and a bit sappily). It failed because it wasn't Prime and was Metroid. And it didn't bomb, either, it just underperformed.

Other M did BETTER than Zero Mission, Prime Hunters and Prime Trilogy (which I guess doesn't technically count). It's next to fucking Metroid Prime 2!

Here's the simple fact. Metroidvanias don't sell. Prime made money but did not do gangbusters. Other M didn't sell because of the audience of the Wii and being a Metroid game.

How do you justify a franchise having 10 games and selling less than 17 million when Super Mario has like 30 games and has sold like 300 million?

Not to mention MPFF has been in development for longer than Other M's been out and there's probably another game on the way.

My point is- NO, Nintendo did not stop developing Metroid games because Other M didn't do how they wanted. They put the franchise on hiatus because it's never fucking sold and Other M was the proof they needed that they can't take Metroid in a more "modern" direction like they wanted to. They realized Prime was the only way they were going to sell and are going down that path all the way now.

Nintendo has abandoned hope on MPFF itself, but here's hoping they pull a Starfy and try to relaunch the franchise with a huge advertising boost and an update- possibly also releasing a smaller eShop Metroidvania game.

Fuck you guys.

Hidden for low quality, low energy bait.

Don't fall for this meme

I don't think you even know what you've spewed.

I never said that. The fact is that Metroid games sell like shit and Nintendo has no reason to make anything but Prime for Primebabbies.

Blogposts are posts about yourself. Fuck off, newfag.

That's because they are, retard.

?

She fucking sees Ridley prior to Other M and doesn't throw a fucking tantrum at those times. They took a strong character and ruined her for absolutely no reason. There was no precedent for her actions.

They turned Samus into a typical woman and it's a terrible thing.

She didn't even have any dialogue before then, how do you know that?
Oh, I see the problem.

She didn't need it fucktard.

>on Holla Forums

LMBO whatever neckbeard

Also she did have dialogue in Fusion and it's obvious she's not an emotional wreck.

Oh you just wanted to shitpost instead of argue my points.

She has 39 lines, many of which are soliloquy. Like, three actual conversations.

I don't follow.

Modern gamers expect their protagonists to talk at least a little even if they're mostly quiet. Link gets away with it because he's a self-insert.

The DS was just coming out and was compatible with it anyway. Also most Wii buyers weren't actually part of the install base, just Just Dance and Wii Sports players.

Short attention span morons that need feedback constantly.
It's like I'm back on halfchan 2 years ago.

Oh yes you're so much superior to all those normalfags outside.

What comes after ad hominmen and projection? I forget.

Has this autosaged yet?

This:
33072a is a mainstreaming faggatron, cut from the same cloth as gaylords who bought it hook-line-and-sinker that games need real stories with exposition and dialogue. The same kind of faggotry that wants to "advance games into a very serious medium instead of the juvenile kids's hobby everyone thinks it is"

Fuck me for not proofreading