So Persona 5 is out in Japan. Any moonrune-savvy anons have it? Is it any good?

So Persona 5 is out in Japan. Any moonrune-savvy anons have it? Is it any good?

If you're gonna post spoilers, at least try to be clever about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

ps3iso.com/free-link-ps3-game-downloads/256367-persona-5-jp.html
twitch.tv/tofudan
twitch.tv/hktofudan
songfacts.com/detail.php?lyrics=4461
tcrf.net/Persona_4
tcrf.net/Persona_4/Unused_Voice_Clips
tcrf.net/Persona_4/Unused_Voice_Clips/Social_Links
tcrf.net/Persona_4/Unused_Voice_Clips/Japanese_Leftovers
exhentai.org/s/e8da3e9009/92432-19
exhentai.org/s/daf03d49ad/117462-22
megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Images
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't understand moon one bit but I'm gonna download an ISO and play a bit out of curiosity, get a feel for the battle system etc.

I guess I could try and learn Japanese as I play? Could be fun.

It's on PS3 too, nigger.

But PS3 emulation barely works.

Can you emulate PS3 games? I thought 7th and 8th gen didn't have very good emulation options yet. Apart from the Wii of course.

here is the final boss theme

I want to translate those moonrunes so badly. Any more tracks?

I'm not emulating it either, I have a CFW'd PS3 - should've mentioned that in my last post.

It's been making a lot of progress recently, but still has a way to go.

You have fun man, feel free to share what you can decipher!

user, we live in a world where Vita finally got piracy working. I understand you'd think anything is possible now, but I need to remind you
YOU CAN'T LEARN JAPANESE

Enjoy the game.

Here's a download link for anyone else who can play pirated vidya on their PS3.
ps3iso.com/free-link-ps3-game-downloads/256367-persona-5-jp.html

Thanks user, I don't have a PS3 but someone will be thankful for this, I'm sure.

NO MARIE NO BUY

Yeah i totally expect Holla Forums to be "clever" about it.
Just like when FO4 came out initially they were "clever" about it by screaming spoilers all over the internet that weren't accurate to the game's story and didn't even impact the plot of the game at all and it took them months to actually correct the spoiler and by then 90% of the goddamn internet already finished the game.

But no, it was le hilarious saltmine here's some posts from steam and neogaf leeeeel with mark circlejerking about le new epik habbo raid.

It's such a "clever" board lead by a "clever" "jew" that posts spoilers about games they'll never play that aren't even fucking correct in the first place.

God i miss when Holla Forums was good.

That they were correct or not did not matter. It was that people were seriously torn up by the perception of having such an unimportant piece of a game revealed to them before release.

Look, "salt" is a cancerous term but anyone who played Fallout deserved it. Just admit you preordered, Todd.

Oh don't try your revisionist history bullshit.
Always twisting it so it's like "oh no it was our intention all along!".
Sickening.

Deserved what?
THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT.
YOU WEREN'T SPOILING THE ACTUAL PLOT, YOU GOT IT WRONG.
So what the fuck is the point if you don't do it right?

Holy shit.

Oh wow, we messed up the plot of your precious game and now you have hurt feelings! Not feelings, but full-blown HURT feelings!

Cry harder Todd

You can leave or you can try to make Holla Forums what you define as 'good'. Just stop whining and expecting anyone to give a shit about what you have to say.

Fair enough, but can you at least laugh at Todd Howard, I mean d7055f with us?s

Ok can you explain to me how to make Holla Forums good when the BO of Holla Forums itself is the biggest shitposter enabler Holla Forums has ever seen?
How do you fight the goddamn BO?
He lets all the vidya threads 404, bumplocks the threads he doesn't like, makes a sticky for every single stupid shit he wants the board to shitpost about and doesn't give a single shit about video games.
On top of all that he gets butthurt when you make fun of the video games that he likes, remember the whole MGS debacle?

How do you fight that?

Well you've convinced me. I guess you're only option now is to leave. Fuck off.

Holla Forums was never good.

Make good threads
Proxies and VPNs
Mods don't bump threads, users do. Are you familiar with how the system works? if no one posts on a thread/it reaches bump limit, it'll slowly reach page 15+ where it's deleted.
Proof?
You can hide stickies, they literally don't matter.
Can you refresh my mind?

Listen, there's good points here but you're a Falloutfag. Stop making people who hate Mark look bad, Todd.

I learned Japanese to play vidya.

If you started now you could play Persona 6 in Japanese.

RIP the artist's integrity

That being said, the MGS debacle was, in short, him getting really fucking mad and we all thought he was gonna ragequit. He didn't, sadly. Of course this might be something different from what Todd Howard's saying

Good points user, but consider this
YOU CAN'T LEARN JAPANESE

What a time to be alive.

I hadn't considered that!

if you want to see more there are people live streaming it

twitch.tv/tofudan

Fucking Amazon I have a test next week

I can tell you were never a part of the threads. No one cared if they were true or not, it just had to be convincing enough to get a reaction.

these games are pure trash

FeMC makes a cameo

Fuck, that second one.

Goro is the traitor and a Lawfag

Also, Shadow Futaba is cute

Had a feeling it was that fag.

Will they ever steer away from the high school setting and have a MC that's not a total autist?

That's what the actual SMT games are about dumbass. Persona is specifically about high schoolers. So shut the fuck up and pick up a copy of Nocturne already.

I kind of want to play it, so here's to hoping the localization at Atlus stays decent. They have remained pretty good so far.

stay triggered. 2 wasn't set in a high school.

if the internet is to be believed, all the waifus are used goods.

i know, but if it is true id fucking laugh my ass off
i could attain immortality from the salt

Where is Adachi?

Seems like he'd be pals with the Joker

I shouldn't be asking this… but more?

fucking bitches and whores

Oh dear, is it Adachi time already?

In prison. Using the TV world to sneak in and out as he pleases.

Goro backstabs the party because he thinks it's wrong to cut the corrupt parts out of people to reform them (which is what the "stealing hearts" thing the Protagonists do means).

He shoots the MC in the head with a silenced SIG P230 in the bad ending, then makes it look like MC killed himself.

sorry mate he is another also you can look for yourself you know

my bad forgot to post late night doing database

twitch.tv/hktofudan

So which one is Goro and why did he do nothing wrong?

Yeah I don't like that.

any returning faces?

Goro is the Naoto clone

How do you avoid the bad ending?

steal all of the hearts by Christmas

Wait do social links actually affect your stats now meaning it's an actual game play choice rather than which waifu do I pick for muh experience bonus?

Like picking certain people to romance let'stand you develop your character a certain way?

Ah, so it has the same deadline as P4. By all hearts do you just mean all major ones? I thought all of those had hard deadlines anyway, sort of like P4. Any other conditions for unlocking a true final dungeon or anything?

wait

wait

WAIT

THE PROTAGONISTS ARE SPIRITUALLY LOBOTOMIZING PEOPLE?!

THOSE ARE THE HEROES?!

And the "villain" wants to stop them…from LOBOTOMIZING PEOPLE
AND HE'S THE VILLAIN?!

I always found it a lame joke that "X did nothing wrong" but DUDE
GORO AKECHI LITERALLY DOES NOTHING WRONG

Okay, now I want to buy this game. That's some slickness right there.

The one with the hat or Lawfag 4.0?

Okay, no wait we're not letting this thread slide until we get a proper answer here:

WHY ARE "HEROES" LOBOTOMIZING PEOPLE

AND WHY IS THE "VILLAIN" TRYING TO STOP THEM

or, put more aptly

HOW COULD THE "VILLAIN" BE THE VILLAIN IF HE JUST WANTS TO STOP THE "HEROES" FROM LOBOTOMIZING PEOPLE?

Whether spiritually or psychologically, removing aspects of someone's psyche (stealing their hearts with rogue surgical maneuvers) is EXACTLY lobotomy.

Lobotomy: aka prefrontal leukotomy, is a surgical procedure in which the nerve pathways in a lobe or lobes of the brain are severed from those in other areas. The procedure formerly was used as a radical therapeutic measure to help grossly disturbed patients with schizophrenia, manic depression and mania (bipolar disorder), and other mental illnesses.

Do you people not see what they did here? The "villain" needs to be raping babies on the side in order to seem remotely worse than the heroes!

You can't use "good intentions" to cover for LOBOTOMIZING PEOPLE

–This is beyond the Detective 101 tier story of Persona 4, man! Adachi was basically a serial almost-rapist who then got manipulated by a jaded malevolent deity.

This is actually the very first time the "heroes", even in their idealistic ignorance, are WORSE than the supposed "villain"!

WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE SHOCKED BY THIS?

It's not a lobotomy so much as making them confront the bad shit they've done. It's sort of like the shadow confrontations in P4, except instead of the characters realizing their shortcomings for themselves, you essentially have to beat the realization into these people. At least…that's what I get out of it.

There's also an implication that there is a bad group of people (probably backed by some evil god thing you'll fight at the end) making people worse, and you're kind of fixing the damage too.

Womanly posted detected. Stop being such a dramafag.

That's still horrible but it's not as evil as the other user said.

If you ARE removing and/or planting anything in unsuspecting people's heads it would be grotesque beyond belief.

Still, if that's the premise this time around then why not have the cast be a bunch of psychologists or at least be psyche majors (from good institutions) running a sort of Guatamala side-clinic? Have people answer an ad, come in, get their brains Persona'd and depending on your accuracy and skill on diagnosing and treatment (aka battle) you get rewards at the end of each "patient" ie mission.

I don't get the needless Lupin fetish when you could have gone Paprika with it.
But maybe management is too anime-happy or something. I don't know.

Anyway, it's not that bad all things considered if that's the case but it's still pretty wicked. I mean, do the people even know what's happening to them?

That would not be an issue whatsoever, but then that would not explain the traitor's motivation.
I can believe it though.

The Punisher goes around straight up murdering who he thinks is wrong. These kids are anti-heroes too and like The Punisher the reason they are "anti heroes" is because they have a code. The people they target are worse. But yes, these characters are supposed to be darker than the goody two-shoes characters from P4.

Good lord that tiny size
Holy fuck

She's pocket sized.

And he is a 30+yr old soldier fighting Russians, Chinese, rapists and serial killers and propagators of genocide. I don't like him either but dude look at what you're comparing.
Punisher kills people. These "kids" surgically remove aspects of peoples' personalities, if that is true.
Otherwise they, again "kids", are brain-hopping and fiddling with people's psyches.
I'd rather have a bullet than a lobotomy or brainwashing.
Punisher is a murderer who murders murderers.
These kids better be going after similar ilk or they aren't even close to "going after worse targets"

You know, there's a big difference between being a boy scout and being a villain pretending to be a hero and saying "ends justify means".
I know one particular "anti-hero" who would have a few things to say about these youths running up in people's psyches and rooting around in there for anything more than 1) evidence of that opposing evil organization and 2) curing the brain cancer that evil organization spread

You start the "anti-hero" food chain it never ends. Anti-heroes eventually kill off anti-heroes because they are, more often than not, not heroes.
Shadow is an exception

It's pretty funny we know Goro is the traitor but we still don't know his Persona.

Those were 500 dollar sunglasses, asshole.

Why is this board becoming reddit?

Okay, this now counts as clever in my book. Good spoilers everyone

LIVE STREAM

Because summer still isn't over.

I'm only interested in broad sweeping details, and music. Watching the game blow by blow really will ruin it for me.

Fair enough, mate

Soon, user.

Adachi did nothing wrong

He got caught.

Maybe it was part of his plan

White collar or blue collar, a criminal's a criminal. And white collar crime effects more people then blue collar psycho rape and killing.

If the punisher could go after those, he's do that too, but he sticks to gangs because there's more of them to kill for less effort and he likes to kill a lot.

Marie's boss form is in Persona 5 as DLC, which technically means Mariefags are obligated to buy both.

Really liking the ska version of Messiah.

Is there more than one route/ending or is it still just bad/good/true?

So how does this work?

So what obscure deity is the final boss this time? Really hope it's not another unheard of Shinto asshole

FUCK YEAR.

These are the DLC persona.

So we got new variations of classic Personas now?

Thanatos Requiem or whatever looks fucking awesome. That golden mohawk should be hilarious but it's somehow kickass.

Wait, all of them or just their alternate skins?

All of them. They did the same thing with "legacy Persona" In P:Q.

Any more OST? I heard the stuff from the anniversary album, but that doesn't seem to be half the music in the game.

MY COPY HAS FINALLY COME! FUCK YEAH!

Should I do a stream on infinity.moe tonight?

Can party members change their persona, or just the protagonist?

But that was a unique Persona for the one character who was a meant to be a messianic figure a really pathetic one

WHAT
BUT THAT WAS FROM IZANAMI! It was corrupted because Adachi was basically the antithesis to the protagonist and just

ALL OF THIS RAPES THE LORE BLOODY

HOW DO YOU RAPE LORE THIS BADLY

If you can translate what's happening then yes

NO MARIE, NO BUY.

Enter Anne.

NO JOEY NO BUY

Is the cat still a cat or will it turn into a little girl or something towards the end of the game?

I have seen nothing to indicate she has a human form later on. At least dataminers didn't seem to find it like they did with the traitor.

You guys have to buy this time.

So, is this game a return to the 1&2, goofy sequel to 4 or something in between like 3?

I'd say something in between like 3.

NO MARIE, NO BUY.

Mariefags need to be gassed

They keep addie Marie DLC to games specifically because of this awful meme. They did it to the fighting, dancing and EO spin off, and now they've done it to Persona 5.

Do they know what they have wrought?

NO MARIE, NO BUY.

WELP

I've only got one question.

Is the cat mascot thing more, or less annoying than Teddy? This is very important for me to know.

Might as well get the disappointment done with… Do we finally get a taste of xmas cake?

I don't think anyone knows yet. People only know who the traitor is because of datamining. We'll have to wait until people actually play to that point. It's not a short game.

Worth noting, though, that Sae Niijima is also a Co-Op character. She's Judgement (surprisingly it's not a group link this time). So yet another Christmas Cale.

Okay, we're back in. I can suffer with a talking protag for this

Way some folks power through these games, I was expecting everything spoiled by now. It's all good; I'm expecting nothing to come out of this. Hopefully at least some of the other girls are romanceable like the Sun girls in P4 because the party girls aren't really clicking with me (kinda like Futaba but I dread what will come of her localized dialogue).

Thing with the teacher is that the protag finds out she moonlights as a maid-cosplay hooker and she's all like "don't tell anyone and you can skip class" and the dumbass takes it. I hope his demon negotiating skills are better because it seems like he'll give away his soul for a Twinkie.

People have also found out some of the ultimate Personas for characters. And they're all themed after fallen angels or other beings who turned against gods. MC's is Satanael, the Gnostic version of the Devil. Ryuji is Seiten Taisei/Sun Wukong who stole immortality from the gods and Anne is Hecate, who stole from Hera and was cast from Olympus. Given that Goro is a villain and basically represents the Law alignment, it seems the Phantom Thieves are definitely being presented as Chaos heroes.

Oh yeah, and amusingly Goro's persona is Robin Hood.

No. its somehow worse than what i though, and i was expecting shit
I hate this world

I think somebody confirmed that sensei is romance-able.

Thats actually one of the possibilities I thought would happen, that or Sherlock.

Welcome to Chaos stuff. There will be plenty of SMTfags who try to claim it's deeper than that, but anything Atlus does with Chaos stuff always tends to stray into edgelord territory.

I would love to see some proof.

I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT PLAYSTYLE OR GAMEPLAY. JUST TELL ME IS THERE ANY CHILDREN CHARACTERS I CAN S-LINK WITH???

Twin Lolis are Stregnth.

There's the little gamer kid who is Tower too. Supposedly a boy, but I suppose they could pull a tomboy swtich at the end.

Futaba

I'm huge into SMT mainline but even I have to admit that's the case.

Remember SMT IV: Final? That whole game is EDGE right up to the heretical ending

So…possible good news.

Don't get your hopes up.
Considering that cozy head-lap, it's likely just a big sister relationship.

I mean, part of the fun of having a wife is laying on her and having her lay on you, but it's Japan, user.

Japanese can't have affection like that.
They're like robots that only know hand holding and all-out Berserk NTR rape. There is no in-between.

The games exist in a universe where Jungian psychology is factually correct, so yes, it is wrong.

Now to get a threesome with a Persona.

At least you can be a good hasubando to the Doll or her cosmic overlord's wife's son.

Well I know whose link I'm maxing first.

Implying that's a bad thing

You understand, user

Camilla is an aberration in the matrix, user. I really don't think Atlus, let alone the industry, will give us anything remotely close to that

You may never understand
How the stranger is inspired
But he isn't always evil
And he is not always wrong
Though you drown in good intentions
You will never quench the fire
You'll give in to your desire
When the stranger comes along

Honestly, they could just use this as the theme songs for a Persona game and I wouldn't complain.

songfacts.com/detail.php?lyrics=4461

checked
One can hope.

Sure it took TWO RERELEASES for Messiah to be relevant but it was worth.

And if you wanna rant about how non-canon it is, let's not forget that IIRC, Thanatos was a product of the P3 MC being so close to Nyx!

Yeah pretty much

What else have dataminers found? Any cut content on the level of Persona 4?

If you weren't there in the thread where we discussed this, you are REQUIRED to read this. tcrf.net/Persona_4
The juicy stuff is in tcrf.net/Persona_4/Unused_Voice_Clips and ESPECIALLY tcrf.net/Persona_4/Unused_Voice_Clips/Social_Links
If Naoto's voice clips don't make you jizz in your pants, you're gay.

Holy shit these outfits.

Holy shit. Noriko deserved better.

GET OFF YOUR PROXIES GORO

Oh goddammit, please include the DLC for free like in Eyes of Heaven, Atlus.

tcrf.net/Persona_4/Unused_Voice_Clips/Japanese_Leftovers
I did it once in a thread here, but I guess nobody put it up. Not like it was a great job, but it was better than nothing, I thought. The short version is that it's a different version of one of the first meetings with Igor/Margaret. Possibly for a different protagonist. Nothing exceptional about it besides that.

Oh hey, thanks again for that, user. I don't know shit about editing wikis, so I'm not much help. Sorry.

cmo'n!

That's cute
Holy fuck what a long list. Why do Atlus hate their best girls?

THEY DID IT, THE FUCKING MADMEN

My brain is angry, but my inner shota is crying tears of joy. Just kidding, it's semen.

Japs in general have shit taste in waifus. Great waifus can exist only because shit waifus sustain the market long enough for the great ones to be made.

While watching that 10 hour live stream I noticed : That guy in the car is in the castle when you go in to save Anne , what is his relationship towards her ? also are Ryuji`s feelings towards her romantic ?

I just want my moon waifu, why on Earth is she associated with that trashbag hoe Marie

That guy is the first target. He's the volleyball coach at your school and wants to fuck Anne. She does not want to fuck him. So he tried to pursue one of her friends instead and she ends up trying to kill herself. He also intentionally caused an accident that broke Ryuji's leg because Ryuji was a track star and he didn't want any other sports teams getting shine at the school but his volleyball team.

that one guy who has to admit to wanting to be the little girl

Oh ok so that`s why Ryuji was chasing him down and called him a damn pervert.

I like your style, user.

Don't. It is just painful to hope.

You have a point there, but….
No, no you have a point.

Man, you know you're a real SMT franchise die-hard when seeing the newbies clothed in Persona 2 and Kuzunoha outfits gets you furious.
I had a crazy diatribe I was about to post regarding this until I realize that I have a life.
So, instead, I'll just say NO

Now
THIS
is next level right here!

No.

First time I really felt jaded was when I realized she led to a boss battle and not a romance. It's not fair.

It's a good kind of dissonance

No one can pull off BikerFiend but BikerFiend, user.

Funny how they made the real hero look like Light
Even after getting hyped up on Lupin anime they still can't let go of that Death Note

I'm saying that you're gay if you DON'T like that. As in, non-Naoto is gay, you dingus.

Castlevania was the vidyer that got fucked by Death Note, I thought.

I'll take the hit. I deserve it.
You know, it's not the first time this happened to me. I once wrote a short essay on the nature of salvation and free will vs bondage of the will (as I've come to understand it) when the original poster was actually saying the same thing I was expounding on already.

You're an user of refined taste.

Wait, what? hahaha! I just got the mental image of Simon writing and rewriting Dracula's name in a library of Death Notes.
What do you mean?

Castlevania Judgement's art was done by the Death Note artist. I mean, Sypha and Carmilla make my dick diamonds so that's rad, but then we have shit like Grant.

I mean they don't have to be nude but at least make her shirt unbuttoned, because that's hot

Oh wow, man I forgot about that. My sentiments exactly. Still can't believe that was entitled a Castlevania game.

Truly of refined tastes

What a crime against humanity to hide those tits.

You dumping or what?

I took a swing at it. Fits pretty good without much editing, actually.
Kind of.

Only if you want to see that stupid FAKKU! logo slapped at the bottom of every page.

Plus, as good as it is, it gets really weird at times.

This pisses me off more than the FAKKU! logo.

Now you have to at LEAST provide a link

Also requesting a zoom-in on Teddie's face with the "this is beary serious" speech bubble shopped in, holy shit this is magical.

Is this it?

Also just for fun made a Dojima hate template.

It gets worse.
exhentai.org/s/e8da3e9009/92432-19

Fucking gold but I meant this.

Made a few variants for you. Is something like this what you were thinking? I also made a template of the speech bubble, if anyone else wants to give it a shot.

so any Persona 2 cast cameos? they brought back demons, they didn't reference Tatsuya or anybody? philemon?

I like it.

3rd was what I had in mine, 4th was even better. Thank you.

賊神

So I know that the first kanji translates to robber, or rebel/traitor, and the second can translate to either god, mind or soul.
So together they do… what? God of thieving, traitor spirit?

Can anyone more fluent in nipponese provide a more accurate translation?

Cool. Also, better template, if anyone cares.

I don't know runes well enough to tell you. Not many Google says it'd be "Thief God," but Google is shit for translations.

Worth noting is that the same characters are used to refer to the P5 versions of the P3 and P4 protagonist's personae, as seen here.

Okay one more request, I NEED you to shop the uncensored version of this panel, right here: exhentai.org/s/daf03d49ad/117462-22

Then connect the "This is BEARY strange!" bubble to the "Why is it your boobs are so huge?" bubble. The filename MUST be
I HAVE BEEN CUCKOLDED BY A NIGGER IN A BEARSUIT.png
or whatever file extension, please I'm not even an NTRfag, I just thought this would be the funniest thing ever

Okay, Orpheus Thief God/Requiem looks rad too.

HIGHLY SUSPECT

IT'S A MEME YOU DIP

You're a meme, you dop.

wow rude

I'm guessing you're not having much luck with the shop?

I couldn't even tell if you were serious about wanting it.

I'm serious because I'm still laughing to myself about it whenever I picture the edit. I'm the kind of guy who has to take a minute when he sees the "I'VE BEEN CUCKOLDED BY A NIGGER IN A BEAR SUIT" banner, not even gonna lie. What a legendary thread

I think I'm too old to find Persona cool. The kids seem troublesome and spoiled, the adults are universally evil, petty or presented too stupid or too uncool enough to understand the kids, the bad end sounds like the good end to me, the music makes me want to lean back with some Vivaldi.

I wish there was an RPG, C or J, aimed at adults that was both set in the modern era and not military in nature.

I'd like to see Atlus do urban fantasy besides Persona, but I need to give you shit for this. Nothin personnel kid.

I'm 26.
Playing a bunch of highschoolers has long since lost its appeal.

I'm 28 and I still enjoy it. If you only can play games about characters your own age or older you're gonna find yourself running out of games fast.

Nice GETs

Not my own age, just adults rather than teenagers; and I'll only run out of JRPG's fast regardless.

HE'S ALIVE

Persona 2?

Still highschool kids, but it's 90's as fuck and the issues the P2 cast face are much more serious and relatable than P3/P4/P5. (Drugs, sex, alienation, etc)

ワロタ

The wikia's image gallery is a spoiler mine-field right now. Also ripped art assets.

megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Images

user I can take all the spew against Persona 4 but Dojima made it the best modern Persona game since P2:EP

You can't say that with P4:G either, because more Dojima screen time makes for a better game.

I will say that the protagonists seem to be naive in what they are doing and at some point outright realize
OOPS! WE HAVE BEEN MAKING THINGS WORSE ALL ALONG!
according to the trailer dialogue here

And compared to playing MORONS who have been lobotomizing people only to realize they messed up along the way and then, when Detective Four-Arms turns on them because they rightly realize how awful all of this is he's played up as the villain…well,

look, I'd rather replay Bancho & the Scooby Gang 4: My Alcoholic Detective Dad another ten times before enduring a story where characters are doing wrong and only realize it 30+hrs or so into the game when any mature brain could figure it out far earlier.

TL;DR I hope everything else about the game works, because if what we've learned is true, this is the WORST cast of kids in a Persona game ever. Their Edge also makes me cringe, but like another astute user said, that's just Atlus for you. They can't do Chaos any kind of justice, and seeing the last SMT mainline raping it's clear Atlus is on a bizarre Chaos kick recently.

Spoilers in video. it's the ending to SMT IV: Final aka "That One We Will Not Talk About in a Few Years"

Can you translate what this ancient Martian cave scrawling says?

Nicely done, user, but I can't find much that's really brutal for spoilers.
I want to know the whole story already.

This is a great gif though.

I have a feeling they were going to try for this again with P5, especially since they already have a Ginko knock-off/Rise blend in Anne, a Jun knock-off in the painter guy, and a huge return to red color schemes and the "rebellion" theme.

I don't know if they really managed to capture the magic of P2, though. P2's cast was better.

Persona 2 also involved Kuzunoha, user.
Neo-Atlus doesn't have it in them to bring back that cool and complex world they once had.

Gave me a good chuckle
Nicely done!

Dagda was right.

You can almost tell when Sega snatched up Atlus.
It's around the time the mainline protagonist was set to look like a Sanic

Looks like people were right about how Caroline and Justine's plot would end. Apparently their fused form is named Victoria.

Apparently if you date multiple girls this time they beat you up instead.

I guess Alice has a new playmate, then.

I don't know how to feel about that.
One one hand, this is good since that's a stupid choice anyway.

On the other
THE INSPIRATION WAS LUPIN

LUPIN'S GREATEST ATTRIBUTE WAS HIS CHARISMA, ESPECIALLY WITH WOMEN

That's moronic.

Looks like Kawakami and Journalist girl are confirmed for romance options, at least.

YES
That one Fatal Frame looking girl and the mature gal

…Where is the detective?
The female detective. Where?

It's possible whoever did this run through didn't get everyone. Or she may not be an option. I don't know. No sign of the fortune teller or the nurse either.

Then we're still only 1 for 2 here as far as adult companions go.
Hopefully someone has good taste and posts it at some point.

Oh shit!

The same Lupin that regularly gets his dumb ass beat down in slapstick routines for flirting with women, so it still fits.

keep going

Ah, I forgot they took more from Lupin III than Arsene Lupin. You're right. Good point.

Personafags are really the worst

Yeah okay

Its a fucking videogame
Its the same shit done at least 2 times before holy shit

Personafags are really the worst

Is that what happens when you romance multiple girls? They all show up at the same place on the same time?
Maybe with max stats he can go "Ladies, I invite you to calmly form a line so you can please me in a orderly fashion."

xmas cake status: MUH

WAS Holla Forums RIGHT?
IS IT HAPPENING!?

If only

These are excellent mate. More creative than I would be

Hello Holla Forums.

Worth noting: Makoto is not in that picture. However I just noticed the date is February 15th, that likely means those are the girls he didn't pick for valentines. Meaning he could have taken Makoto.

OH! I get it.
So he swings between girls until Valentines, chooses his favorite, and suddenly the other girls realize (because he didn't go on a mad-dash between dates on Valentine's) what he's been doing.

That's actually pretty clever, though I doubt Makoto would tolerate this revelation even if she knew she was the favorite.

That doesn't really mean anything.
Not Igor himself.
6/10

Keep it coming. I
'm interested in this minutia

Don't get the lobsters though

Futaba's gonna get bullied non-stop, isn't she?

Now that one looks like she moonlights as a hooker.

By the by, any Reaper sightings?

Don't have any proof, but supposedly he appears in the capacity he did in P3 in the memento dungeons.

Because there was a 5th exodus from 4chan that happened recently apparently.

Is that teacher a tranny or some foreigner?

She's the English teacher.

This is a joke, right?

Well my moon in shit but it says 英語 in the white textbox which means 'English Language', and she says "プリーズ、アンサー!"; lit. "pureezu ansaa", or "please answer".

I'll say this, the soundtrack certainly isn't failing to impress.

Damn, that's good. Reminds me of this song, a bit.

It kind of is a surprise because Igor's power is mentioned in the series to be that of a god and that he'd be able to swat any of the protagonists like a fly. It's probably only a fair fight because they have to make it that way for gamers to be interested and because you've got the velvet servant fighting alongside you.

Why live?

It's coffee, you fuck, he's a coffee addict.

Bancho-kun is a better name than Yu

ON A SCALE FROM 1 TO FUCKED, HOW FUCKED ARE WE AND WHY IS THE SCALE TOTALLY BROKEN, LIKE GODDAMN THERE'S FUCKED, THEN THERE'S ALL YOUR HOES IF YOU DON'T GET BEAT UP IN , AND THEN THERE'S FUCKING THIS, ATLUS MIGHT AS WELL JUST DELETE YOUR SAVE FILE AND SEND A HITMAN OUT FOR YOUR HEAD AT THIS POINT, IT'LL BE MUCH EASIER THAN HAVING TO FIGHT FUCKING IGOR, OH GOD HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL

What the fuck user this is bullshit

Thanks for the giggle M8

Don`t forget : You get shot in the head in the bad ending.

Also Embed related has major spoliers so be warned.

Jisho does a half-decent job if you copypaste into it.

And the source text is at p-ch.jp/20thfes

I know, I saw the post you dip.
FUCKING LAWFAGS

Okay, so I got more info on this. Apparently the Igor that you're meeting with for almost the whole game isn't the real Igor, which is why you're being treated so roughly. He's an impostor, and real Igor is locked away somewhere inside the prison. You can see in that screenshot Igor's name has a question mark beside it.

Also Caroline and Justine aren't really attendants either. Victoria is your real attendant.

I still don't know what the Velvet staff are in P5, but it seems to tie into the myth arc of the game.

Reminder that he did nothing wrong

Very true. I just enjoy Dojima too much not to poke fun at how drunk he got/tends to get over certain things

huh
Thanks, user. I've been using Bing all this time

what the fuck

I like the little struggle Anne puts up when you romance her

Oh yeah I remember the scene you're talking about.

Do you think Adachi was drunk too and told Dojima about all the BITCHES AND WHORES he killed, and Dojima just told him to shut up?

HAhaha!

it's the most predictable shit in the world

they've been milking the "og noe u gotta fight velvet room people!!!" since philemon secret battle in P2 EP

Of course they did, but we expected "great we gotta fight two lolis." What we got instead was apparently not Igor flipping the table and preparing to shove an Armageddon or five up your ass.

This got me good, mate. I really like this idea.

Sadly the voice actors were too good and if you listen carefully Adachi is playing up his buzz while Dojima is legitimately drunk.
You can really hear it when Adachi tells him
>"Wouldn't want you to get hurt. Liiiike, if it turns out you were mixed up in this… we'd be really worried."
Something like that. The way he says the line is too insinuative to just be an accident.

It would have been a great reveal in any other Persona, but now it's just predictable. A bigger surprise would be the return of Nyarlo/Philemon.

I'm assuming fake Igor is trying to extend the return of Nyarlo plot from the fighting game to have an excuse to have the P3/4/5 people involved.

Still really lazy and predictable writing.

Wouldn't this be considered a good ending? Seeing that the group is lobotomizing people.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Johnny Yong Bosch may not have a variety of voice, but he compensates by remembering the acting in voice ACTING. Saying he has one voice is just wrong though, he voiced Kota from God Eater. I couldn't believe it either!

I thought the Nyarlo plot from Arena turned out to be not Nyarlo at all? Huh.

I think the death-knell for good writing in an Atlus game wasn't actually Persona 4, I'd say it was…the P4 golden with Marie.

She adds nothing. There's no value to the character. She didn't need to be in the game. She's literally a BlazBlu character, absolute common denominator weeb bait.

If it's not Nyarlo it's just gonna be another random demon deity out to fuck humanity for some dumb reason.

They really should just divorce the new persona from the old, the series plot is largely nonsensical if you pretend P1/P2 actually happened

So we're going to have a three-game reunion in Persona 6 which culminates in a massive battle against Persona's answer to Lucifer?

I would be down for that.
None of the MCs are remotely ready to face Nyarlothotep, though.

Goro is the real hero

The team is gonna need a motivator

Wait, really?!

Reminds me of when I found out Steve Blum voiced Orochimaru

Let's be honest, Hi-No-Kagutsuchi was Nyarlethotep in all but name.
Hell, in Japan they even had the same va.

FEATURING VERGIL FROM THE DEVIL MAY CRY SERIES

I'm guessing he's the least intolerable character? I never gave a damn about Naruto in terms of loving or hating it.

Atlus doesn't really know what to do with Persona/SMT. anymore. None of the vets care anymore, so you see a bunch of new people juggling with these sequels and trying to do their own thing without blatantly trying to mess up old stories…but they're constrained because they can't just ignore P2 and do their own thing.

You kinda see it in SMT4 too. Atlus died post-PS2, and I think Catherine was mostly good because despite the light Persona connection it was mostly a self-contained story.

Apparently Philemon and Nyarlethotep still exist in P3/4/Q/5.
Those blue butterflies used as savepoints are one of his forms. (Philemon being trapped in the Labryinth says something about Chronos' power.)

And apparently in P4AU Shadow Aigis has a black butterfly in her intro animation, with black butterflies representing Nyarlethotep.

Wrong.
Marie DOES add something…by subtracting something

Izanami was a jaded deity, one of the first two original deities. She's intensely powerful because of this, beyond powerful, and so the MC ultimately needs to summon Izanagi himself– not just a Persona of him but the actual deity himself –to defeat her.

This was implied by how the Persona requires the greatest fusion but can't be registered and re-summoned because it is not really the protagonist's persona. Also the "no-okami" bit is a giveaway

Not only does this place Persona 4's protagonist on a level of Persona 2 protags for defeating an elder deity but elevates him even higher because he literally summoned an elder deity to defeat an elder deity. That's some summoning potential, even if it is via personas and not typical demons.

HOWEVER
Marie is a "fragment" of Izanami now, making Izanami not an elder deity but "an aspect of"/"a fragment of" an elder deity.
This means the protagonist was so WEAK that he needed to summon an elder deity in order to defeat a fragment of an elder deity, which is pretty pathetic compared to before. Sure, he still summons an elder deity, but he can't even defeat a single deity? Really? Let's not even compare him to mainline heroes (before the cancer that was "SMTIV and its abomination SMTIV:Final"), just in persona alone he's weaker than P3's protag, and he couldn't even get the job done, needing to become a lock or whatever instead of beating Nyx.

I know what they wanted to do: Protag = Izanagi incarnation
Marie = Izanami incarnation
But that was not necessary at all when that theme was not the theme of the game to begin with. I makes Marie the """""canonical""""" love interest (never) and essentially places her at the center of everything, even going so far as to imply she has anything to do with the fact that he taps into Izanagi-no-Okami

Everything else about Golden is great (the concert was retarded though) and frankly the Adachi S.Link makes up for Marie in spades because THAT seems like something that really should have been in the game from the get-go.

The parallel between Protag and Adachi is exemplified even in their sharing the same voice actor for crying out loud (in Eng dub anyway)! Not to mention, you know, the two Izanagis (which is why many anons, like me, like to supe-up Izanagi just for that fight).

I digress though. TL;DR Marie's inclusion weakened the Protag from Based Bancho to Kinda Tuff Bancho

SIDE NOTE
I like that this scene here between Adachi and Protag was so impactful they needed to retread the same ground in Persona 5, only this time the "villain" makes sure to finish the job

He was the Voldermort before What's-His-Face became the new Voldermort

Well…

I dunno about you, but how about some Persona in Wonderland?

lol

Well, that's the whole thing. These two were what Persona was about from P1-P2, now they are relegated to cameos. Is it because Atlus has some magnum opus they will end the series with?

No. It's because they have no idea what to do with them because they've been written out and don't matter to the plot anymore.

They could've had something there, if only the Malevolent Entity was actually Nyarlethotep, and if they expanded on Minazuki a bit more. The kid's practically evil Makoto, even being called "Dark Messiah".

What was it? The post is gone

Actually, now that I think about it, shouldn't all these random deities be trying to kill humanity because these huge powers that are more or less based on the human unconciousness fucking REMADE REALITY?

Why does Izanagi hate humanity cuz reasons, and not because humanity can collectively throw a reality changing shit-fit by getting their rep Gods to fight each other?

I made some dumb typos and re-posted it

They're saving that for the final Persona game.

"Well, that's the whole thing. These two were what Persona was about from P1-P2, now they are relegated to cameos. Is it because Atlus has some magnum opus they will end the series with?
No. It's because they have no idea what to do with them because they've been written out and don't matter to the plot anymore."
tl;dr, Atlus is wsting Philemon and Nyarlethotep's potential.

whats wrong with them? I was going to get them some time soon.

Except they do. They talk about Nyarlethotep trying to return to this world in the Arena series. And there is even reason to believe he's trying to assimilate the body of the P3 MC as well. And if you add in Elizabeth's quest to free P3 MC from being the seal you can see where they're going with it.
In a future Persona game(Or DLC for 5), probably 6 or 5-2(As the ending of Persona 5 leaves open to that happening) humanity will be freed from their secret desire for death. Then the P3 MC will be released from the seal(as the condition for him being released would be met), and then some bullshit will happen. Nyarlethotep possesses him and it ends up with Nyarlethotep obtaining the power of the universe arcana, stuff happens, sick bossfight that is the most epic battle of the entire series. Nyarlethotep is defeated and banished to wherever once again and P3 MC finally gets a chance to live again.
Of course none of this will ever be able to top fighting Hitler while he wields the holy lance, and getting revenge on him after he kills best girl, but it seems like a fun time all the same.>>10740236

Persona XV for the PS6

It's not so much that Atlus wasted their potential, it's that they THREW the entire series's potential in the fucking trash.

And it's because most of those guys are gone, all of old Atlus literally retired.

Strange Journey is more or less the last real SMT game, and the last one before they went on a hiring spree to replace their devs.

New atlus isn't horrendously bad though, you just can't care about plot anymore. It's mostly about the style now, which has varying degrees of success. SMT4 is a mechanical failure, Devil Survivor is fun, and Catherine was very original and probably their best game atm.

Calling it now, Hitler will be playable in the next fighting game.

Who cares? They're returning them as very generic big bads and it doesn't matter that it's -Nyarlo-, it could be anyone trying to come into reality using Minato as an excuse to resolve that stupid plotline.

I knew persona was just a glorified law fag game

Of the many things we need to push for P5A, Raidou and Fuhrer are the top two.

Fairly certain that Atlus stated somewhere that they made all these new models for demons with the intent on using them for future SMT games.

Yes it could be anyone. But they want that oldfag money so it's gonna be Nyarlo

Ah, ah, ah, need to conceal the identity.

Thats Führer, not Hitler :^)

I used to like P3's ending, but to actually resurrect Minato? Fuck that, they should have actually had him die. Not just physically die and his spirit is a seal, a real death where he will never return. No spirit reincarnation, or Elizabeth wanting his dick beyond the grave.

P2 knew when to kill characters.

B-but muh ghost blowjobs

At least Persona 5 knows to kill lawfags like Goro.

Anyone else have this dark feeling that the next crossover between Persona games is gonna involve the TMS#FE bullshit?

I don't, it flopped hard

P4 dancing all night is where they went with it. As good as P3 and P4 could be from a starting off point to things much bigger and better Atlus is probably going to stick with the easy waifufag money and pander to them continuously.

they would probably put more time into something like to get more Idol money pie.

Didn't flop hard enough. They haven't cancelled the sequel they announced prior to the game's launch(Yes, they actually announced a sequel before they could even see if people actually liked it enough to buy it) yet.

Got my CE yesterday about 10 hours in ost of all the games is pure sexual pleasure gonna pussy destroy 2chan girl.

That also applies to P1/P2's cast (tiny mentions in P3 doesn't suffice). It hurts, user.

I hope it doesn't happen, but it's most likely going to happen.

Whatever, I'm not surprised at Atlus anymore.

Only time I will be is when Führer returns or Dojima finally deserves his new police detective game

Can they even bring back Nyarlo without him having trying to insta-win by getting the old P2 cast to remember their shit from the old reality?

I'm assuming they still have brains enough to realize this, that's why they treat the old games like Deus Ex HR/MD treats Deus Ex 1. They pretend to be sequels and sometimes incorporate past shit, but they will never actually do anything of substance with it.

Guys. I have a better idea. Another crossover but it's just Persona so Atlus can admit they stopped caring about SMT, AND so they can make the ultimate team of all time. It's another Nintendo IP. Well, not Nintendo, it's just that Game Freak sticks to Nintendo so it may as well be Nintendo correct me if I'm wrong

So we take Persona, and we finally capitalize on that upcoming game starring a little yellow Great Detective. To top it off, Dojima gets his game at last. You thought it was crazy without the crossover, well wait until you see it now!

Persona x Pokemon: Dojima vs. The Great Detective Pikachu
And yes, Pikachu can tell Adachi to shut up at some point. This probably sounded better in my head.

Throw in some coffee as a pre-order bonus and we'll talk

It'll have to be Cream & Sugar :^)

SMT IV rapes the lore for the mainline SMT titles, recreates a terrible Chaos and Law path with atrocious, uninspired by classical mythology and theology angel and Lucifer designs, and the Maiden for the game is NEVER PRESENT for the whole game until you are told it was the AI all along, but the AI is just an achievement and mission counter for the most part, not like in Strange Journey

Also the tonal shifts are horrible and the story is weak, pretty much ripping apart Strange Journey and reusing aspects of it in the worst way for its own lame purposes.

And the characters are equally pathetic, and that comes from a guy whose favorite SMT is Nocturne.

NOTHING as impactful as anything in Nocturne happens in all of "IV"
And SMTIV:Final is Ow The Edge terrible in terms of tone and theme and design. Seriously it's a hideous and poorly written mess made to fellate the garbage of SMTIV and give it some kind of legacy, despite SMTIV essentially ripping apart the last real SMT mainline title: Strange Journey.

With that said, you can see the WORST of it here for spoilers:

The final boss is a joke and ruins every thread of lore throughout the series. It's complete garbage.

Wait so what
wait
…What?

Nicely done, user! This is juicy.
More spoilers– we need more. I'm hungry and won't stop feeding.

And yeah, this was predictable, right? Okay.
If I wasn't a Christian I would call you a particular expletive.

NO DON'T SAY IT
the nips might hear you and make it real

Probably his shadow.

Party fights Goro in Shidou's (the supposed big bad) dungeon. First in his white suit form, then he becomes darth vader Goro and his persona changes to Loki. He gets more and more unhinged as the fight goes on. His inferiority complex at being Shidou's bastard son and not being as good as Joker at stuff. After they win he admits most of the things he claims to have done as detective are bullshit. The party tries to get him to come around and join them again to steal Shidou's heart, but then Goro's shadow? (or something, I don't really know because I don't speak moon) shows up and tells him he's useless, but he could still be useful if he kills Joker. Instead he aims his gun at his shadow and tells the party to move on. Justice coop maxes here. I think you need to max it for best ending. Though how much is automatic I don't know. He then puts up a door between himself and the party and two shots are heard and Futaba says she can't sense Goro anymore, implying he dies, I guess. You never see a body or anything, though, so who knows.

As for Igor: the whole time he's actually been Yaldabaoth, the manifestation of humanity's desire to punish those who refuse to adhere to the rules of society. Caroline and Justine are also fakes too, though I don't know where this leaves their cooperation. If you get to the bottom of the memento dungeons (basically the bonus dungeons) apparently that unlocks a condition for getting this ending. On the 24th of December the thieves confront the fake Igor and assumedly do one final dungeon there, helped by Victoria, Joker's true Velvet Attendant. At the end they fight Yaldabaoth, who has two forms. They get wrecked and then Joker gets the World and wins with the power of friendship, of course. Then the game warps to February 13th to do the Valentines stuff. Then I'd guess it warps again to the last days of school like usual. However, unlike Persona 4 I don't expect there to be a secret final dungeon on the last day of school, since all that dramatic stuff seems to happen on the 24th of December.

All in all, the game seems to have the same amount of calendar time as P4 vanilla. There's room to do more if they ever make Persona 5: The Golden FES.

Dreams do come true.

We know it's going to happen eventually.
I wonder if it will be another Vita addition by that time too.

Yaldabaoth looks like an AWFUL final boss, though. That designs is WEAK
Especially compared to the frightfest of Izanami's true form.

But I guess in the end Goro really wasn't the hero. He was just…meh?
Pretty lame, actually, especially when compared to Adachi in just the last game or Joker/Jun from P2. He's even more hollow than "Imma Crucify Kids Tonight" guy from P3.
That's disappointing all around.

yyyyyyyeeeeEEEEEEESSSSS

So I just beat Archangel and I'm wondering what level should I grind to for preparation for the Kamoshida boss fight?

You are likely the only person in this thread that actually has the game, sadly, so I can't really offer advice to you yet.

The second pic in Igor1 looks like some sort of grail. Could've been a cool boss, but Igor3 looks more like a Persona design than anything.

About time we got more Gnostic Aeons though.

How much of the moon can you understand?
We're gonna need a new thread, huh.

Makoto stalks Joker, apparently.

Honestly not much, but it's not impossible to play without knowing Japanese at all but it's a challenge especially with figuring out where to go at times. Honestly if your versed in knowing hiragana and katakana you should generally be fine for the first part of the game at least.

Also I can't stress enough that the gameplay is so much fucking better then P4, demon negotiation and handcrafted dungeons blow that trash game out of the water.