Share the names you've given your characters in vidya, Holla Forums. Any vidya where you can name the player character

Share the names you've given your characters in vidya, Holla Forums. Any vidya where you can name the player character.

Always "Bobo".

"Anpoo Jackoffson"

Any western fantasy game I name the character "Rolf the Dog". Don't know why, just thought it was funny once and kept using it

I can respect that.

I always name knights "Gawain."

Rolf the Dog?

Well, not even last night's storm could wake you.

Bean or Bagel usually. Don't really know why

faget, always faget but only in roguelikes and always with a lowercase f. Anything else and I just use my name because I'm an uncreative fuck.

I name orcs and half orcs Bob or Bill. I usually use Dr. Gonzo or just Gonzo in other games.

My Life Matters

Snobsam is my go-to for Fantasy.
Jackson Crowley is one I also use a lot.

Scrungus Bungus

I always use the default/"canon" name, unless there isnt one.
If there isnt one I generally use Griggs unless it would clash with the setting or something.

I was afraid you wouldn't make it in time, Rolf the Dog Shephard, for the final confrontation. I think we both expected it would end like this. You've lost, you know that, don't you? In a few minutes, Sovereign will have full control of all the Citadel's systems. The relay will open. The Reapers will return.

This you man?

Something like that

"Bitches and whores."
- user [ea6dcf] (2016)

My naming scheme for Souls games usually is "SirDiesalot" for males or "LadyLancedalot" for females.
Else I use whatever.

They spell it Rowlf, not Rolf.

Oh, and to answer OP's question.

Roland, if I can.

And Rolf is a germanic name more fitting to the setting, that's the joke

heh

Normally something like "aaaaaaaa" or "AAAAAAAA".

That's not a joke.

That's not how a joke works at all.

Maybe you just don't have a sense of humor?

i just always use stupid meme names like Kill la Kill Yourself, Balls of Steel, Cancermancer, etc

No, I mean, seriously. That's not a joke, that's just an correct spelling of a name to fit thematically better. The opposite is funny kinda, but this isn't.

I bet you were popular in high school

I pick names that fit the character archetype, usually names from other games/series.
If I'm playing a mage kinda character, I'll name him something like Logan or Julianos
Theif, Garrett.
Faggot, OP
Paladin, Brolaire
And if it's a game where I get to kill a fuckton of elves, the dude's name is always PELINAL WHITESTRAKE

Yes, I was. Because I knew what a joke was, and how to tell one.

Dembe the Nigger

I've taken to using Old English/Saxon names like Athelstan, Alfred or Annis etc etc.

Dololo the Nigger

I don't have any naming conventions, but I named my latest Skyrim chuckefuck George Felgorge.

Nigger

Solid taste otherwise.

I miss Old English/Saxon names. More games should be set in that period because there's only so many times I can play Brytenwalda.

A lot of the times, I just go with "Jackson"

Sometimes Jerry Jackson

I'm really dedicated to mai waifu. I think this name combines anime and white supremacy in a way that conveys my personality to any random stranger I meet online instantly.

if it's a fantasy / medieval game and I'm playing a good knight usually one of the Round Table dudes or some variation of their names

weeaboo shit - Kenshiro

modern / whatever just whatever comes to mind

I name every character "Xael", which is an anagram of my middle name because I can't be bothered to research what would be an appropriate name and I'm lazy. If it's a female character I'll go with Elle or Bertha depending whether she's thin or fat, and always imagine her speaking with a heavy Russian accent.

For example: I went to create a Warlock in WoW and used this method to come up with the name Karsia. Which is Finnish for suffer. It also has connotations of culling.
It was an excellent name for a 'lock, but I've used it for many female protags in other games as well.

female

male
>Aya if I can make a trap

Why Finnish?

I usually call my character Faeren.

Korgoth of Skyrim.

My niggah.

Probably because Finnish is one of the lesser known Nordic language. So it sounds mythological but not familiar.

First playthrough, I try to pick something fitting to the setting. In the ones after, anything is fair game.

WTF UR WIERD M8

Mathilda
Natalie Portman could play any vidya character

Basically this. It just sounds cool usually. Though some words return very odd or long results, necessitating a language switch or a word switch all together

For a second there I was confused since karsia means to prune or trim, but then I realised that google translate doesn't differentiate between 'a' and 'ä.' The word you were looking for is kärsiä, which is a completely different word not at all related to the aforementioned, even though it looks the same.

t. a Finn

I once played as a giant psychic underwater fungus. I named it Clyde.
Otherwise I normally name my characters Wallace or Ariel, depending on their sex.

Any vidya character?

Meme language

Dude
Lass

i am not a very imaginative man.

Generally very stupid shit, like Crits Radfield, Sum Gai, Norman Soldierman, Joe Kurz, or Grant Viper. Not many people get the last one.

I try to come up with different name for every character I create
The only names I used more than once are Reinhardt, Sigrún and Titus

every time I try to give a character a silly/funny name I regret it after 10 minutes and restart the game

this is my greatest creation

I always name my characters "Flymoth" or "Agnar"

Meh..whtever strikes my fancy…and depands if I'm doing a serious palytrough or a joke. If the game is a more serious RPG or a hack-and-slash.

If a paladin, usually Ellderon or Lotion.mage/sorc, Avernus or Aquarillyiane
Flight/mecha sims, callsigns like Phoenix or TrashMan

Otherwise, cheesy names like Beefcake McHugePecks, Major Wang, Slutzilla, Domina Cuntrusha, etc..

faggot

i usually name my first character Kyokou after my grandmother

Mixed race mongrels need to go back. This is a white supremacist board.