Are you a Player Killer?

Are you a Player Killer?

Mmo's, online games, multiplayer and so on. Most of these have instanced or consenting competitive pvp but now and again you have the games that let some people become a highwayman in the wilderness, a hitman for hire or a straight up virtual serial killer hunting down other players just because they can.

I've never been into this myself but you hear of it all the time, even in this post 2008 wrapped in cotton wool hell vidya has become.

Are you a PK'er user? What stories do you have?

Other urls found in this thread:

o.smium.org/loadout/97
chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Chronicles_of_Elyria_Wiki
chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/8024/transgender-elyrian-roll-call
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In a themepark? No. Because you're on a linear progression through zones and the other guy/you can just go to a low level zone and harvest everyone.

Its way better in a game like UO. I love murdering in that game.

I'm a dangerous dude in shit like Warface or any non-UT arena game. People assume that I'm some sort of vet when I've only started playing arena in January.

Outside of that, no, I rarely bully people in vidya. Though one time I found a dude who set his username as his Twitch handle or whatever and I went on the stream and bullied him until he cried and got off. I can't handle "personalities" fucking with my shit, especially in R6 Siege where any lack of focus can have you up shit creek.

If I want to fight other players, why wouldn't I just go into PvP?

PKing is strictly the realm of mediocre players.

I did this for 2 months straight, I thought I was badass, until a guy in dragon armor fucked my shit up and I got too scared to go near the wildy again.

Isn't this how every Goon plays EVE online?

Depends on the rewards and if I myself was just ganked.

Does EVE count? If so a 1600mm plate vexor used to be lots of fun. It is (or was; it has been a while) able to punch far enough above its weight that sometimes you could get some nice rage. Also the gallente battle cruisers are both fun solo pvp options.

My personal best in the vexor is a caracal, arbitrator, jaguar, drake and rokh at the same time. Only the arbi and drake got away.

They were scrubs though so not much of a brag beyond volume and value. Their fits were shit and the drake ran out of ammo about 30 seconds in.

I would recommend taking a well fit cruiser to Mara to any bored EVE player. At least if it is anything like it was when I played.

o.smium.org/loadout/97

Is pretty close to my fit. I used 2-2-1 drones and the lows all had modules in them though.

Normally I'm the 'Explorer' archetype but for some reason when Dark Souls first came out…I just could NOT stop PvPing in that damn forest!

As a bodyguard for hire…as a Merc to kill indiscriminately

That was also the spot players used the soul douping glitch…so when you killed these soul-bloated players you'd have so much resource you had practically beaten the game twice over

had something like 9 million at the time, it was retarded.

But yeah, every single day, me and my Lifehunt Scythe- some encounters I'd lose of course but for the most part the the hunt was always in my favour

That scythe increased bleed even if it hit a shield…god it was so satisfying.

I like doing it, but there aren't really many games to support it nowadays.

Most games that allow it either have a vicious grind to get strong enough(age of wushu, runescape) or encourage ganking in groups by making solo kills nearly impossible(mortal online).

PKing is dead.

I like any games where I can be the guy who keeps people alive. Either it's by stuns, or shields, or healing, buffs, debuffs, that sort of shit is what really gets me turned on. Global Agenda's medic class and Firefall's Dragonfly really fit this like a glove. I also played some ASSFAGGOTS solely for this stuff.

Mercy pls go.

Do modern mmos even allow PKing?

PKKer

Not many but interesting fact: In the last live letter Yoshi P said they are considering a full PVP server for FFXIV including player killing.

From my experienced the PVP in MMOs is cluttered with super autists who minmax to hell and back, and the only way to win is to also minmax the fuck out of your character and kill all the fun you were looking for to begin with.

The most fun I've had with PVP was low level PK in Runescape. The wilderness border was always full of people with higher level chars generally hanging a few levels deeper, you could make a PK character very easily and fight against similarly leveled people at nearly any combat level and the low level gear was super cheap. There was no way to get significantly ahead of other people by the power of autism alone.

What's wrong with this exactly? If you want to HA some naked low level fucks without getting rekted, perhaps the game just isn't for you.

Used to hunt down people a lot with friends on dayz as well as h1z1. Very satisfying gunfights or forcing new players to drink bleach, or give them our blood and let them go, if theyre lucky its a match and they live. If not, well, sucks for them.

Most pvpers in mmos are shit, some cant even move with a mouse. Those min maxers are either low level twinks, or going for some type of competitive branch of the game.

The problem with the lifehunt scythe was that you could roll through the bleed damage online. Great early damage that catches people off guard, though. I was more of a pyro fag that hung around Oolacile.

Demon's Souls was truly a great game to be fucking cancerous.

Yes

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, but it's a weird decision that makes the barrier of entry even higher to a genre that struggles as-is.

Besides, solo PvP is more fun. Mortal actually had a decent combat system that never saw use because everyone just ran in HA gangs of 5+.

Tibia.

Your romanticized notion, rather the Japanese romanticized notion, of a "Player Killer" is a complete fiction. In your average MMORPG PvP is mostly done in Arenas and the like, open world PvP isn't very common. Where it is more common it is generally spontaneous and not any kind of profession or hobby of anyone in particular. Furthermore, if games that aren't MMORPGS there are either no opportunities to be a player killer, or the entire game revolves around it. Rarely is there much middle ground. You have your online survival games (read: nigger looting sim) but that's certainly not "becoming a highwayman in the wilderness, a hitman for hire or a straight up virtual serial killer" that's more just being "ooga booga lol I kill you!" There are no games where you can be a "Player Killer" as per Anime. Sorry, my man.

The only way to solve this would be to lower the cost of making high level items or to create a reason to travel more often. Right now there's no incentive to travel solo or to gank solo.

Demons Souls invasions were FINAL DELETION tier so fucked its amazing.

Fighting is its own incentive. If you could successfully kill anyone solo, then that would be incentive enough, but it is too easy to run away unless your opponent is a horse archer.

More reasons to fight would be more interesting than more reasons to travel. Territory and resources shouldn't be the only thing to fight over.

It does indeed happen just like in our Mongolian moving pictures more frequently than I ever thought it would. It feels like you don't play many MMOs. or just avoided areas where it was common. The big thing the /hack, Log Horizon, SAO, ect. got wrong is that in those series, most of the people had a reason to do what they did (looting player corpses, hired by other players to do it, ect.). In reality, it's just "LOL I'm gunna gank this noob cuz I'm so hardcore even though I need the top tier PvP gear and a hack that removes animations from my attacks to win against a guy who literally just got out of the tutorial."

Pretty much this.
Only game I remember where PKing had a motive other than "lol get rekt n00b" was tibia.
When you died you dropped almost all your stuff on the ground and lost some levels and had to return there to loot your own corpse before someone else did it. So assassins in the PK allowed servers were pretty common, to loot some random fools or to ambush a rival guildsman and make him weaker. I even remember people making traps in ports or other places where you teleported so you had almost no chance of defending yourself or escaping.

Not sure what you expect. Most traveling solo will have a horse, those who don't are alts or complete noobs. Even then, the loot on those traveling solo is pretty meager compared to the threat of losing your gear to a party of more than 2.

One way to make life outside the walls in MO would be to introduce trade caravans, in that players have to move items from city to city for profit, but at a slower speed. Then ganking isn't HA only anymore.

more interesting*

It depends on the game and the situation. Sometimes, in some places, it is expected. I think "surprise pvp" is ok in those situations, because your presence implies consent.

PK usually means simple bullying though. One-shotting lowbies or people engaged in pve just because you can. That's pathetic. I have never done that.

PKKKer

There must be a runescape PK'er named Sam Hyde at this point. Surely.

Archeage was great PKing for the first couple of months before the pay2winning got out of hand, most fun I'd had on an MMO for a long time. Also had a loose ToS like EvE where you could scam to your heats content for extra fun.

Everyday we'd go prowl around for fishing flotillas, usually packed with PvE players, blow them and their boats up and steal all the fish. The amount of butthurt was great.

Would be interesting, but I don't think MO is going to change much now. It was an interesting experiment but didn't take off as well as it needed to. We can hope for next time.

Speaking of;

Piracy was a very interesting way to run things in Archeage, and I liked it a lot. It wasn't necessarily the threat of losing your gear, but the threat of losing your money.

Archeage just had too many other problems, but I hope someone adapts that system to another game. It's awesome.

I invade somewhat often in "souls" games but my goal isn't to kill the other player, it's to entertain them. Sometimes this involves killing them in interesting ways (like scary looking dude with a big sword slowly walks at you with iron flesh in the sewers or naked dude with xanthous crown that runs around throwing dung pies), but often it's just giving them something to remember like me running around doing the crossbow dance or messing with them.

Why do you fight?

Player killing as forced pvp?

I find myself playing almost any MMO which gives me chance to do forced pvp with ingame value/gear as stake. There is no rush like rush from high stakes 1v1 figth when shit gets real and you are about to lose something that took real time and effort to get.

Problem with this is that playerbase tends to dislike getting assfucked by pk´ers especially when they lose something of value. Somehow people tend to rather ignore elements of the game where pvp can be forced rather than try to improve their game / character to figth back pk´ers.

Also when its done like runescape wilderness playerbase tends to get polarized to those who ignore wilderness and to those who are extremely competitive, minmax their account and read guides/git gud. Which obviously spoils the fun abit.

As someone who´s a bit too tryhard on mmorpg pvp and pvp games in general (always aim to top 1% and spend days reading autistic guides and testing shit out) i see PKing as fun but ultimately different kind of fun to organized pvp with ratings and bragging rigths.

I hardly like to even interact with others in anything where "PK" would be a term.

The biggest problem with most modern Pking in MMOs is that the developers are too scared to reward PKing other players. In older MMOs you killed someone and you might get one of their items. Nowadays since MMOs have been casualized so much the average player would throw a fit if a PKer could kill them and take one of their items.

You need some of the casual market to have a successful MMO. So Holla Forums how could you make PKing fun again, and still keep the casuals playing?

Most fun I ever had in vidya.
Then life called and now I don't have time top play EvE anymore.
Still had time to watch goonfags crash and burn

Runescape still exists

I'll never forget the day I got messaged over PSN to "Just let me beat the tower of latria brow" when I got summoned as the Monk

I replied with scraping all his armor off

god damn there will never be another game that lets you be the boss against other players, will there?

Funny you mention Pyro, as that was my back-up for the Life Hunt- I had trouble with certain builds though like WASHING POLE and fucking CRYSTAL HOMING SPEARS

But alot of players wore Havels and oh boy oh boy lemme just scratch yer back a little m8 :^)

bro*

Tank in L4D was all that came close for me.

It's more because they're trying to get people who don't have years and years to dump into the game to play. Runescape was a massive slog and it suffered for it, especially if you could lose your entire set because some guy in dragonarmor of fuck you decided to ruin your day. It was just a massive timesink to attempt to force an element of continued subscriber fees.
It's understandable why it's not popular anymore because subscriber fees died off in popularity.

good times

It's really sad how many times I did this.

das it mane.

Tank is ezmode, being last alive in any limited respawn ticket mode is infinitely more interesting.

Honestly I make it my mission to never be the last one alive in CS

How's that game going now-adays? thinking about picking up back up when I upgrade my toaster PC

PVP in Themepark MMOs is pure garbage since death has no repercussions.

I used to do PVP in EvE Online for a long time, and some playerkilling in DayZ but that's about it.

My greatest Memory is how the Northern Coalition dropped 5000 pilots on my 800man Alliance because we conquered Cloud Ring and instead of running away we counterattacked their Homesystems.
Greatest Fun in my life.

ITT edgelords being edgy

rude tbh

Fuck

When has this ever happened?

Most of the time I was against PKing and didn't do it myself, but in WoW I would gank undeads, gnomes and any hunter, mage or rogue I saw.

There was plenty of that sort of wonderful PKing in the best game I ever played until the jews ruined it.

Wish me luck in the coming dude weed lmao shoah, friend.

This is one of the greatest thing about EvE imo.
Being in the same corp / alliance, offer no protection. Corpmates can freely open fire on your ass, you have to be social, make friends, find people trustworthy enough and watch each-other backs.
It build trust and encourage people to work together or allow for massive backstabbing.
That's what a MMO should be about.

best item ever put in the game.

I only played MMOs for that.

Oh, well someone here has never played Ultima Online or is too young to realize there were MMOs before WoW.

It's been how long?

You faggots are pathetic. If you want to PvP fair and square go play some fighting games or RTS.
If you want to feel at least some power in your miserable shut in lives, well tough shit.

You sound like the kind of guy who would buy xp boosters.

If you can't get them through in-game means without paying money, then the game can go fuck itself.

No names. Fuck of gook.

no not really. i can do pvp but i dont find open world ganking very tasteful as it often just comes down to a gear check suckerpunch. when do you ever see people initiate a fight they could lose?

the only story i have is a time friends got me to play with them on a tera pvp server. i was playing on my own catching up to them and i noticed this fuckboy with a red name pull up next to me on his super horse. i spent like 20 minutes dodging this max level warrior nig getting to a safe zone.
i was completely focused on surviving so i didnt get his name to taunt him, sadly.
i dont even think this baddie had the decency to play an elin.

The only game I PK in is Fallout2238, because if you don't kill the russians, the russians kill you.

I won't mention what MMO this is because I'll get mocked but:

Oh you fucks. I loved you fags.

Pkers are just pathetic to me because as put it, why would I go into a low level zone and just harvest nubs? Why would anyone do that? There's no challenge, no incentive, just boredom. It's annoying to get killed by a high level character who just ganks all day and it's just a waste of time if I were to do it.

Souls games are the only ones where ganks and invasions are welcomed because they just seem like nothing personal either way; you don't go out of your way to find people lower than you and most covenants have you invade/kill others anyway. It's nothing personal and invasions just feel more like level hazards instead of a high level guy mass killing akin to squashing bugs.

There was a short time in PSO where I used AR codes to boost my damage, walk through walls, and target other players. I'd go down in Forest 2, drop a telepipe in a strategic position - then hide inside the bushes and hillsides to snipe players as they teleported down. That was back when you'd drop your weapon when you died, but I'd never pick up their gear unless they disconnected right away. I wasn't doing it to be a dick.

That didn't last long, since the Reverse Resta PK got pretty big around that time - then another exploit which let you kill players in town.

I pked people at lineage 2 private server I played for years. It was fun and made them pissed and we always badmouthed each others..

FUCK PK'rs

I always feel the pressure build up when i'm last guy alive, it always makes me fuck up, it doesn't help when your team mates wont shut the fuck up about every little mistake and move you make just shut the cuck up and let me play ASSHOLE!, but sometimes when i actually make it it's the best feeling in the world.

I miss her Holla Forums.
Fuck Blizzard.

PK FIRE

I'm disappointed, Holla Forums. You can legitimately hunt and stalk people in that game, even striking without warning if you're smart with calling Lester to hide your radar blip.

I play all the time and sometimes just feel like hunting a single guy in a session. Sometimes it's explosives, sometimes it's a sniper rifle shot from a mile away, sometimes it's melee. (Melee is super fucking hard though, which depresses me.)

I'd also go into matches in Blacklight Retribution as a melee knife/machete/cloak user and pick one or two people each match to stalk and cut down. Ah, I miss that glorious tire fire of a game.

I actually kinda like Blacklight Retribution, it lets codkiddies camp with their ADS guns, while letting real video game players run around hipfiring the tactical SMG

That romanticized notion actually came from Phantasy Star Online for dreamcast.

There was a glitch where you could use the light or dark attacks to playerkill.

People would lead other players to rooms full of 1golds and kill them.

They would do this because in the original Phantasy Star Online when you died, players had the choice of reviving you or taking whatever weapon you had equipped.

That weapon would usually be your best weapon.

I wasn't there for the party, but I can only imagine the rage.

PVP in standard MMO is like racing in a wheelchair
I personally prefer something like western dark souls pvp scene but the awful connection kills it for me.

in most themepark mmos it's garbage because of multiple reasons that apply to almost all of them
If you can kill other players with griefing techniques however it's top tier. Like crushing other people on a wall in APB rest in peace game

By that point, duping was in full swing, so nothing anybody ever lost was of any value. Unless you were one of the 20 or so odd "legit" players, most of whom were actually cheaters themselves (or secretly sucked the dick of a cheater) - but liked virtue signaling and holding the "moral highground" over the filthy Oberon 1-1 scum. Basically the SJWs of the PSO scene.

The "light attack" PK was a grants kill, but it only targeted one person at a time. Reverse Resta PK was much more popular because it could hit every player in the radius of the spell. IIRC - basically, it just made your Resta heal for something ridiculous, like 16,000+ HP - which flipped the healing value into the negatives and bypassed the HP cap of the player, killing them.

NOL basically, deleting your character and overwriting it with the data & inventory of a low lvl NPC… now that was some industrial grade salt production. Especially on Ep I & II for the NGC since (to combat the dupe glitch) Sega hilariously decided to force saving - not only at a common crash point, but after visiting the bank, shops, when traveling down to the planet, and on game exit/lobby return. Whereas on the DC you could just pop the VMU out of your controller and return to the title screen, on the NGC it as a mad dash across the living room to rip your memory card out before you could be force-disconnected and have your save file automatically written over.

MOMEing was basically the same thing, but with another NPC.

You are at least 30 years old.

fucking rad?

I don't really play any game with PK but when I do I usually do it to protect the low level people because it became a habit of mine.
After that I became a self-proclaimed Red Hunter because my name was always red from hanging around Louyang killing gankers, to the point that I have to play on an alternate character when I need to hunt anything because half the server was constantly on my ass.

Hot

I tried this in EVE, but everyone's a fucking wily vet and if you get the jump on someone without at least a few hours of grueling setup, it's actually b8 and they cyno in black ops battleships to pop your frigate.

I'd like to go back and open shop in a wormhole but my friends don't want to play and EVE sucks alone.

purge well pupper

I see someone hasn't played Age of Wushu when the 8ch guild was a thing

Not really.
If I see someone really vulnerable and toting something I want, I'd take the opportunity.

I love world PVP and pking because it adds a whole new level of threat and gameplay to MMOs. That unsettling feeling when walking through an unsafe area with the constant threat of ambush gives me a rush like no other in vidya.
I remember Darkscape being the most fun shit to play with the 8/v/ clan. At launch they had Al Kharid be a high risk FFA area, but an economic hub as well that was right next to the starting area. Then they fucked up, updated the game and nerfed shit until it died out and Jagex killed it.

I just want a proper modern MMO thats not a themepark

Planetside 2.

I kill players ALL THE TIME

E:D has yet to implement proper npc police reaction times in even high security systems, jump into open and get ready for salt.

It's more fun to do it with reason though as say a pirate, most people who get killed randomly just end up going into solo.

TBH EVE should have had permadeath.

It's pretty hard to pirate stuff in E:D
It's a thing you do at CG to bring some life in the game, aside from that it need serious work like half the content.

It's probably for the best that I was never interested in PKing, as it took me 12 minutes to get the names, birthdates, pictures, and phone numbers of some griefer's wife and kids, and of course, his name, photos, home address, license plate number, email address, and all of his online aliases and hangouts.

Of course, this faggot was dumb enough to use the same email address and avatar image everywhere, so Google Image Search and Bing were able to root him out quickly. All I had to do to make him piss off and quit wrecking everyone's fun was tell him happy birthday, on his birthday, while calling him by name.

holy shit it's been long since I've heard anyone use this term. Last time was probably when I still played Tibia a decade ago. Then hugbox normalfag MMOs happened.

THEY WILL NEVER RELEASE THIS IN THE WEST BECAUSE REASONS

SEGA CAN SUCK A FAT FUCKING BLU SPIKED COCK BECAUSE THEY CAN JUST KKEEP BEING LIKE

NO, YOU STUPID FUCKING CUNTS. ONLY AUTISTIC SONIC FANS LIKE YOU

F U C K S E G A
U
C
K
S E G A

Sonic is Sega's legacy, centuries from now that is what they will be remembered for. Not for some MMO.

Lineage II had the best PVP i can remember.

All of that is taken straight from Eve Online however.

Yes, I can even name you those reasons.
1 - it will be cut because licensing
2 - it will be censored because SJWs
3 - it will be behind in the updates behins sega of america is incompetent
4 - it will be jewed up because sega of america are greedy jews
5 - it will be dead due to the above AND people refusing to move from superiors jap version

It happened with PSU, it happened with PSO2SEA, and it would happen with PSO2EU/NA if it was released.
So THANK GOD it's not coming to the west ever.

It borrows a lot from Lineage 1 and that came out 5 years before eve.
And town guards in eve ?

(cont…)

(cont.)

I uninstalled the game and never played again.

Rampant feminism even back then ? This was what, 16 years ago ?
Are BRs really that organized ?

Legend of Mir 2. Every now and then a riot would break out in the main city and everyone would start setting fire to shit and slaying each other. If you killed two innocents you turned red and the guards would kill you if they caught you, then you got sent to the penal colony which was were all the cool kids hung out.

Sometimes the PKs would organize and start their own guild and would control a large portion of the map near the prison, which was adjacent to the castle held by the strongest guild on the game, meaning they'd be in constant conflict. Some of the best dungeons were underneath this territory so the PK's sometimes had an immense amount of power acting as a national gang, depriving all the goodie goodies of their treasures and starting fights in the boss pits.

Since then everything has pretty much been a theme park.

"lo"

Well, they never used the word feminism, and it was many years before I heard anything like that ever again. And in that game, yeah. I think they just outnumbered every other group on the server. Everyone from everywhere else kind of banded together as one group because they all hated how annoying the BRs were. For some reason people from Poland in particular were great in that game.

I think it was early in Bush's first term, I think just after we'd gone into Iraq or possibly some other military action because I remember this one BR ranting about how Americans were warmongers and wanted to take over the world, and claiming we were going to try and invade Brazil next, and I asked "What does your country even have that anyone would want?" and he replied "WATER, YOU WANT TO STEAL OUR WATER. BRAZIL HAS BEST WATER IN THE WORLD."

Only other game I encountered BRs in was FyFF, and they weren't anywhere near as annoying there. I mean they still said "BR?" and "GEEV MONEY PLX" and tried to steal loot, but that was pretty much it.

Years later when I saw the huehue comic it hit really close to home for me. That was basically what Tibia was like back then. "How are there so many of them? Why are they on the NA server? How are they so overleveled?"

You know that connection between Phantasy Star and Online franchises are even smaller than that between DMC and DmC, right?
PSO doesn't even have magic in it.

Tibia was the first MMO I got scammed in. Looking back I'm glad they scammed me in that shit game cause every MMO I played afterwards I was always careful to not get scammed. Always looked up items worth before buying/selling, never did shady deals or trades, never showed off rare shit by dropping it.

The fuck are casters then?

I will go out of my way to help other people out, I go out of my way to give people who invade the hardest time, and I will only go to kill a player for covenant items, I won't really go farther than doing something like that.
However, sometimes I also like helping the invader, because they're players too, trying to do what they do, and there's an unfair advantage most players not invading get, which is the higher health, more spawnable party, and more Mtn Dew: Code Orange and Code Blue.
In dark souls 3, I always played Blue Crusaders and Aldrich Keep-Him-The-Fuck-In-The-Cathedral-And-Don't-Let-Anyone-Else-In-To-Feed-Him-ers, because both of those play on what I like to do; Help people being invaded, and help people who are invading.
Though that one's not really as funny, that's just a notable story to me
the best ones go like this

Archage was fun as fuck.

Ollo server especially since the pirates were actually able to become an organized faction.

Of course now it's gone downhill. Hell, the community mods have banned any mention of Trump.

Feminists in community manager positions wasn't the killing blow for archage but its a good sign that you should stop playing.

There isn't "caster" term in PSO terminology.
Tech users called that out of convenience. Difference between techniques and magic is kind of plot point in the original series.
In PSO there isn't one. Techs are called that as a fanservice, they might as well be called magics.

user, I am intrigued of how you did this. I kinda wanna call bullshit but I ain't sure.

It's pretty easy with normalfags, they tend to use the same name/pass combo for everything.

could you elaborate on one of those faggots then? I know this might be a stupid question since I do indeed have an idea of how you did it but you went as far as to get names and addresses. That's kinda sketchy in my mind.

1. Spot normalfag
2. Google his account name/character name
3. …
4. Profit.

you didnt mention home address, and license plate numbers though.

Man I m sorry if this sounds like an interrogation lol. I am just genuinely curious because I do protect myself online but I need insight to protect myself even more.

did mention*

Do you expect me to give out you some particular person? Just follow those steps and you'll end up on facebook page or some forum where they happily hang their data out.

aight cool but hanging out license numbers? Lmfao normalfags are complete nuts

AA was the first time in a long time I actually enjoyed a MMO. Griefing was endorsed by the GMs and they didn't care, and actually thought some of the things people did were very creative.

….and then they did a 180, p2w became a thing, and it all became gay.

Such a shame.

I could never get into runescape's pvp, the combat is just so shit.
Since the early 2000s lobster-feast slap-fights to modern RS 'generic mmo combat' system.
I have a hard time picking which is better/worse

Only if I can do it effortlessly.

yes. had tons of free time back in TBC and i used to spend every afternoon and late night (sometimes even the entire day) with my friend in stormwind. we were both rogues and all we did was gank. constantly. all the time. on average, we got an entire raid group searching for us at least once per day. we were notorious across the whole server and the alliance side hated us with a passion. i got the opportunity to make an alliance character on our server some time after, asked if anyone knew us in /trade and people freaked the fuck out. vile insults and angry people throughout the entire chat channel. many keks were had. i was also the leader of the most cancerous guild on the server and the horde hated me for it as well. i'm still proud of that old guild and every shithead in it. basically, everyone hated us and it was our guild against the entire server. there were some instance groups where people just left when they saw the guild name and "reagents vendor, what did you/i expect" were common things to hear.

we did organize or make happen some incredible pvp raids tho. i still remember one where me and that friend kept ganking allies at the STV nesingwary camp. it wasn't just pointless ganking (although that was fine too), it was actually a tactic of ours. we wouldn't let them hearth, we wouldn't let them escape in any way and we'd just mercilessly gank until they called their guildmates. then we ganked them. so they kept calling more and more. when around an entire party of max lvls was after us we just kept killing the holy priest and vanishing but when they filled up 2 groups, we had to get reinforcements as well. we recruited randoms by spamming general channel and in a bit of time, there were 2 full raid groups on each faction fighting each other at the top of STV. the battle dragged on and we kinda just kept moving towards booty bay. it was very even until we got to gurubashi arena at which point the allies' side started to slowly crumble, their formation broke and we pushed through and murdered them all. they tried a few same time resses but didn't manage to wipe us back so in the end they just tried to run and started ressing randomly. at that point they were finished as we just stomped them 1 by 1. the battle, or at this point it was more of a slaughter slowly dragged on to booty bay, where they thought they were safe. think again, we were in a fucking bloodlust, a bunch of guards and -rep couldn't stop us. half the players slowly left when they noticed they were losing rep but the other half kept killing everything in sight. we killed every ally we've seen and every booty bay guard that came after us for it. it was a pretty lively city but after the raid was finished and allies gave up and logged (we had a dedicated group camping the graveyard for spirit ressers) the town only had horde in it. not a single ally in sight. good times

shit's always fun when you can also be dirty as fuck.

Even if WoW had a shit pvp system this is why it was one of the best games evere. I have many a stories like this one and so many memories.

quick one

License plate number: "Check out my new ride, yo!"
Phone model: Mirror selfies
Home address: Electoral rolls, 192, white pages etc. I once dox'd some kid that was bullying my gfs little brother because his parents had filed a complaint about hedges or some shit and the local council left all that shit public on google.
Also check business registries and some states leave shitloads of personal info on house buying websites.

God, dark souls/ demonsouls was good. Thanks for reminding g me the days of thinking are gone forever OP.

White eye forever you bitches

Lineage 2 PvP was able to generate so much salt.

tfw you put your game's tutorial in a pvp area

Heh, I think I came across this yesterday and on the steam page there was complaining that the mods dox'd some big player on the forum because he was making them butthurt.

Get On MY LEVEL

I've been getting an itch to replay best Dot.Hack again

Because MMOs have been gimped for casuals and cowards.

Part of the fun was walking through a great simulacrum of the real world, traveling through this fantasy realm like a nomad in the desert until suddenly
OH
OH NO
ARABS

Then you're left stunned at how the hiding horde just ruined you out of nowhere, and you take time to build a guild and train for REVENGE

…but no one joins your group because they think it's silly and you can't be a rogue tough guy because they are too strong so you just kind of give up

play it alone
all alone
…huh
UNTIL THE ARABS CATCH YOU AGAIN

I miss en masse grudge matches and player wars being free from moderators who ban and censor and limit everything because "muh toxic culture"

I havent played in years but i wouldnt be surprised, the devs and game masters have a history of corruption and top of that they have SJW tier mod policies where their own fee fees are paramount. Doxing just comes naturally to people like that.

No, because I was too young to play in the golden age of MMO PK.

Now, everything is carebear safezones where you keep your equipment after death.

No. I've never been able to muster the schadenfreude necessary for that sort of thing. Also,
Catching up on it, the author's now throwing out "hints" about things like "rog reave" and shit and it's this giant game of chicken being played with the possibility of getting home, just infuriating.

It's stupid, having players hate each other is great for game dynamics. This is what happens when you give children/children in adult fleshsuits power.

There were always some safezones. In Mir we had the respawn areas (a fraction of each city) and you didn't drop items if killed inside a shop. Absolutely tiny compared to today though. Runescape started it with their wilderness PVP arena bullshit, and devs started being faggots making no PK servers, then making them the primary servers.

Making no PK servers at all is a pretty easy way to casualize your playerbase.

preach it, brother

Call it whatever you like, safezones, no-Pk, whatever.

I still missed it.

It's all steeped in Ultima and Lineage, where this short of shit was done properly and effectively.
We will dream of good MMORPGs until they come again, and when those depart for moneymaker of the week 2.0, we'll go back to dreaming until VRMMOs are real and feasible

In MMOs? Not really. I liked playing Battlegrounds in WoW, but I was more interested in doing the objective than killing dudes when I did. I play a lot of team objective-based shooters, so it's not too surprising that I'd be drawn to that sort of thing. But I'm more into PvE than PvP, in spite of "muh PvP takes more skill", because I'm less interested in curbstomping someone and more interested in overcoming challenges as a team.

Outside of MMOs? I've played a lot of Quakeworld.

Then again, I quit playing MMOs a year or two ago because, even in a free-to-play game, I can't help but go full retard and dump 60+ hours a week into the game to get my money's worth. It gives me something to do, for sure, but it's not healthy for me to keep doing.

A VRMMO would be pretty sweet. Even with the current muh shun sickness problems (which supposedly only affect some people) you could do something interesting.

The Aperture labs demo had some good concepts. You could get moved around by GLaDDOS and have it based purely on skill reparing ridiculously complex items and chemistry etc. Not really related to PK though.

If technology really starts to excel itself it would be pretty sweet landing on someone's carefully constructed spaceship as a Syndie (SS13) and breaching your way in to kill everyone.

Instanced PVP is absolute garbage for casuals. Fuck carebears.

Newfag carebears are so fucking loathesome. WoW killed mmos for ever. Sandboxes will never come back because of autists like these.

PS and PSO Ep I have a pretty solid connection that's really lacking only official confirmation. Ep II, things started to go off the rails a bit, but still salvageable.

But then, PSO was originally intended - at one point in it's development - to be a side-story to PS. They even had concept art for Wren from PSIII drawn up (as it would have used PSIII as a springboard), but never implemented.

PSU & PSO2 though? Totally disconnected. And thank Christ for that.

Thats when you know mmorpgs fucked up.

Or, they're called that because there's no Espers in PSO. Techniques are focus-able spiritual energy, similar to Chi - with a bit of technology added in. Magic is shaping the aether of the universe to bend reality to your will.

Since there are no Espers anywhere outside of Algol, and even then, only a tiny cabal of naturally innate individuals who have to train and study diligently for a lifetime to become proficient with it.

It's like comparing Ryu's Hadouken to Gandolf the Grey.

They could have fucked the lore up completely (and they kind of did with Photons by not following through, but whatever) by calling techs in PSO magic… and at least in PSO (not so much PSU & PSO2) Casts could not use techniques because they were soul-less metal automatons who couldn't channel spirit energy.

Back when MMOs were good playing as a rogue or hunter bandit was so goddamn satisfing.

Now MMOs are shit. Even EVE'S level of fun piracy has decreased. Hell, every new mmo released now seems to be a co-op based rather than two sides or more open world PvP.

What the fuck happened?

I was a PKKer in The Divisions Dark Zone. Camping out on top of a department stores roof at an intersection with a marksman rifle picking off anyone that went rogue killing players was delicious sodium farming in its own way.

Shame the game turned to shit but 1.4 is doing a full post Wilson Diablo 3 or Destiny TTK on it so maybe i will hunt rogues again someday.

Fool, you seen nothing.

This user gets it, vid related.

Other than that Ultima Online was and still is at least on private shards the random PKing central

More of scumbaggery pking

nobody wants to hurt each other.

Should I drop more videos from pvp in ye old versions of tibia?

Pretty much this. Hell in the nigger looting sims like "DayZ" you could literally remove the zombies and it wouldn't make a slight bit of difference whatsoever to how it is played.

Mortal Online, Darkfall New Dawn (Beta), Life is Feudal, EVE Online… yeah, I bang.

I'm also starting to make an MMO that I hope will be out in time of VR becoming affordable. China is working on affordable VR now - they'll do what the Japanese did to making Televisions (which is take over the market).

only reason to play MMOs is to PvP

damn skippy

Oh boy, I bet the China market is huge if you give them a server and a subsidiary.

I have a dream of making a permadeath, skill intensive MMO and I've realised the way I plan on doing it is incredibly easy for translation.

Could you tell me your skill level at pooter? I am an amateur at coding with a background in networking and graphics.

Play Fonline Reloaded and tell me that PK is dead,
CYKA

Yes, this happens every single fucking time when I am at the ruins, looking for footlockers. I spend 5 minutes with my lockpick/craft alt trying to get some blueprints out of a locker, before a slav encounters me, spouts red moonrunes, kills me, opens the footlocker, and walks away without taking anything out of it.

Currently following an mmo being made that has alot of cool features an shit I don't feel like listing. so heres a wiki cause I'm lazy chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Chronicles_of_Elyria_Wiki

Reading up on this, and there are a few ways to get magical abilities: Runes/artifacts, natural talent and to become a lich. Lichs keep their souls stored in a little box known as a Phylactery -
Are you goys ready for some kabbalah studies?

Sounds like good shit though. I like that people can spend $10,000 on an attempt to P2W, then get their shit coup'd to fuck and lose it all due to incompetence.

I was playing darkscape with my brother, and we were having a pretty good time preparing ourselves to PvP. His computer broke of course, so we ended up stopping.

though while we were playing it some of the changes they made to RS that carried to darkscape over time were really irking me.

Check out this gem I just found on the forum
chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/8024/transgender-elyrian-roll-call
It has a few gems such as
Transfurries!

Ya the forums are great for finding shit like that

Being a pure mage in Runescape one shotting scrubs at level 1 wilderness.

I was a huge pker back in the day, my early teen years for about 6 of them I spend playing mabinogi nonstop. I would spend all my birthday money on rebirth cards and because I played all the time with a group of friends I became extremely powerful. This was around the time pvp came out and I was a living field boss in certain towns able to slay 2-5 players alone in a single swing of my might beast mode hammer. I would charge into elves and the sheer force of my impact would knock them into a deadly condition. My defenses were rare and expensive so other players could barely harm me as well. Later on I became an alchemist and I could freeze other players in place for 45 grueling seconds back to back leaving them with no escape but to log out of the game and go to a different channel or be stuck in place.

I don't consider myself a PKer, I hate fighting against other human players.

I just treat my opponents as CPUs. NPCs are easy to kill.

8/v/ PSO guild when?

PKers shat where they ate. No one's going to play a game where they log on and get immediately wiped out by some autist on a power trip that they can't do anything about.

i never bought any for fear of that exact scenario

I had one friend describe runescape to me and it went like
"What you do in the game is fish for lobster in full platemail and scream at fellow lobster fishers how better you are."
Was he accurate or no?

Can't wait for them to go bankrupt so the source code will be released.

Wait so what are some modern MMORPGs that have PK mechanics? Are there any left?

Not really. The vast majority of players have no interest in unrestricted PvP anymore.

PKing is for turf wars, you faggot. You got in to newbie zone with your comrades and you kill everyone there. Then you make the players prepay for every monster they want to kill. If they don't have to money, then they have to join your lackey guild. In the lackey guild, they sit around with a bunch of other lackeys and count the amount of mobs killed by each customer. Anyone who goes over or refuses to pay, gets put on the shit list. The lackeys then repeatedly pk them until they quit. The lackey don't even have to actually kill them, just fuck with their monster farm.

Age of Wushu

Check asshole's Steam profile, take a screenshot of his avatar image, google image search the image, with his username, and open every forum or site with the info on it, then read all of the posts and profile information, piecing together information like birthday messages, mentions of local businesses, state, then use dataminer sites that try to bait you into paying for public info.

Lucky for me, there were only three houses on his street in some backwoods town, so getting the first digit of his house number revealed him immediately. His was 117, and the others were 2-something.

Other helpful information was from him leaving reviews on cell phone stores with specific addresses in the same town, indicating he lived nearby.

Cool, downloading it now. Who wants to help me gangrape random faggots?

hahahaha
No don't download this, the game is pay to win as fuck.
While you can get around cash set players, it requires months and months of autistic grinding.
It's not worth it.

Also you level by AFKing, popping pills, and doing Tai-Chi

Hopefully you will, user
And if you do
share the salt with us

I love PKing, it's the only thing that makes a mmorpg different other than just grinding the same shit. It can create interesting situations.

PK is beginner tier. Reaching griefing mastery skill 99 is where it's at. I've mentally raped so many people in garrys mod, counter strike, team fortress, DayZ, runespace and countless other games that there is probably a special place in hell for me. Sometimes when i sleep i still see and hear the lacrimosa of weeping that they have blasted through the chat and mic.

until full haptic Pods are out, I'm holding my breath
until versatile Smart Materials are possible, haptic Pods aren't happening, so I'm going to die of suffocation

You post made my wrists bleed.

I don't give a damn if your post is three days old at this point.
I'm here to tell you you're a fucking moron for taking Mabinogi's pvp even slightly serious and anything more than "who has more mods and/ or better latency".
Wounds made elf v giant even more laughable since if you got killed more than once you'd be missing an enormous chunk of your max HP and after a few times you're reviving with 1 HP.
Here's where i also call bullshit on your stories, even IF they did 1s to you, elves could still fire mirage missile for massive % damage of your HP and either eventually land a killing blow with it's help or make you waste a fuckton of potions.
And to make all of this even sillier, and more pointless you could freely summon as many cash shop pets in Elf vs Giant "pvp" as you had to create a second attacker, some having AoE effects on summon.

Yeah, PK a while in Lineage II a few years back
I recall some of them being stupid enough to try to fight back, then quick switch on your normal EQ (i was there like lvl 73 i think, catacombs we were in were for lvl 35) and 1 hit KO them.
Also, you could kill guards outside of town, they were protecting city from those who attacked them (if flagged in purple nick) or tried KOS when you got near town (although near each exit of town was only 2 guards, the hit like fucking truck). So after guards down, we decided to kill also shopkeepers we could, but guards have low time respawntime so you get nuked by these fuckers.
Fun times, would play L2 again.

She will never thank you for putting her in her place

Everyone in this game SUCKS

Why not make that game user?

I already got hard by just reading your post

I don't like to PK.
I like to annoy people though.

I remember this game, Nostale, the warrior basically had a long status effect, something like 5/2 minutes long, basically a taunt that forced enemies to attack you but did jackshit to players.
Except in Nostale you can switch between "Specialist" classes, though you can't trasform if you have a status effect up, and if you're already in specialist form you lose Specialist Points, which it's basically a daily (or weekly, can't remember) countdown, after that is over you can't use the specialist form again until you restore the points (which either involves PayShop or some extremely rare drop).

So basically all I did was going into the PvP arena and forcing players from turning into specialists or from turning back into the basic class.
It was especially satisfying because that attack could never miss and it was a ranged one, people 40 levels ahead of me getting pissed off because their precious 4th specialist form was losing SP.

I just don't enjoy heavy bullying, I prefer being a mild inconvenience.

Despite user going on about his fantasys his Deep♂Dark♂Fantasys it raises a good question, why isn't there rape in MMO's?

During TBC my (PvP) guild used to do capital raids relatively often, or shit like camping Kharazan/Sunwell isle at chokepoints, taking full advantage of our pvp gear.
We had faggots posting screenshots of us on their bodies in the deeprun tram on the forum, whining about toxic behavior before it was cool.

I also used to climb the mountain behind Ironforge by using that one place where you did not slider if you jumped in the just the right way, get on the gate, jump with levitation (I was playing discipline priest and wasn't gonna respec just for that) at the right moment to kill dueling faggots who still had the pvp tag and then run away, climb the mountain again and spit and them from the gate.
Other things I used to do was afk in Stormwind to bait lower levels into attacking me It's more fun than just taking down lower levels and sometimes you ended up dancing with a slutty night elf in full t6 armor or just do stuff like "riding through the entirety of Stormwind-tram-Ironforge" and see if I make it out alive. Doing those things as a stealth feral druid, was also fun but not quite the same.
Another player killing story, once we (30-40 of us) were hanging out with our Guild Master on his Alliance alt in Duskwood before going on a raid, and some random horde player comes by and just kills him while we could not do anything other than ask him to stop, which he did not, so our GM had an idea, he came back with another Alliance character he had, a priest, and just mind controlled the guy so we could attack him and camp the shit out of him. The guy could not understand what was happening.
Fun times.

That's pretty much the only reason I enjoyed Tortanic, doing sandboxy PvP as a Sith Assassin was great fun, especially since we could actually RP PvP since almost everyone is supposed to speak Basic.